Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
171,801 - 171,820 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Mrs HHWB7221xX

Sonoma, CA

#197333 Jun 23, 2013
Remember that god said " YA'aiwaah, Waair-oahwa, Gaarghi gaarghi yituo waair, gaarghi nu shtol 'em ya'aiwaah"
These powerful words from God cannot be denied, cannot be shut from our ears as they ring down the millenia like great bells pealing forth with the truth, the light and the way. Which could maybe be what he said and meant to address. We shall never know, more's the pity, because no one then or now has ever known what these utterances can mean. Mine this opportunity...see if you can convince some one or many that YOU alone know what was uttered here and that only YOU can lead us to a better place. You dont have to have it right, just be convincing and be sure to demand submission and suspension of disbelief...a GOLDEN opportunity.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197334 Jun 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This from someone who not just excused obscene, perverted behavior in public, but bragged about it!
And then there are Christians who find no conflict between the Bible and God and science and reality.
The integrity of your world is fractured every which way VV. That is what I keep exposing over and over. It is why I annoy you so deeply.
What was obscene and perverted about the parade?

As you probably know, Knoxville has pretty strict standards when it comes to those kinds of issues. If an official believed that we were "obscene and perverted" he or she would have stopped the parade.

I AM one of those Christians who believe in God, science and reality. But I am NOT a Christian who races to the Books of the Bible to pore through the onion skin paper, trying to find "gotcha" rules that can be hurled at someone in a judgmental manner.

I believe in Christ. I believe that Christ is the Son of God. And I believe that based on our historical understanding of homosexuality, gays have been a part of mankind for eons. We are a part of God's natural world.

You don't annoy me. Rather you show me just how ridiculous and desperate your side has become.

You give me the opportunity to correct ignorance.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197335 Jun 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a lifestyle being 'spit' out (what a gay depiction of birth), that's a birth defect. One of many. Face it and deal with it honestly.
You are the one choosing the twisted lifestyle. The pictures you revel in only prove it.
A birth defect impacts a person's ability to function happily throughout their lives.

Homosexuality, therefore, is not a birth defect. It is a characteristic--kind of like having blond hair or being left handed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197336 Jun 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
My depraved behavior? I walked in a parade yesterday and waved at thousands of men, women, and children. I wore a pair of regular, men's cargo shorts and a lavender colored polo shirt. Oh, and I wore a straw cowboy hat to keep from burning my face in the sun.
If you think that's depraved, then you and I have VERY different ideas on what the word means.
And regarding your accusations of "slander", honey you think WAY too much of yourself to believe that I would bother to go to the trouble of trying to slander you.
If you can't stand the heat, please, be my guest and get off this forum.
You get on here and lie about gays and lesbians every day. We don't call it slander because we just consider the incompetent and ignorant source.
Oy vey.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197337 Jun 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you going on record as saying that the world is a better place with homosexuals in it?
I don't think so, Red.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197338 Jun 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What was obscene and perverted about the parade?
As you probably know, Knoxville has pretty strict standards when it comes to those kinds of issues. If an official believed that we were "obscene and perverted" he or she would have stopped the parade.
I AM one of those Christians who believe in God, science and reality. But I am NOT a Christian who races to the Books of the Bible to pore through the onion skin paper, trying to find "gotcha" rules that can be hurled at someone in a judgmental manner.
I believe in Christ. I believe that Christ is the Son of God. And I believe that based on our historical understanding of homosexuality, gays have been a part of mankind for eons. We are a part of God's natural world.
You don't annoy me. Rather you show me just how ridiculous and desperate your side has become.
You give me the opportunity to correct ignorance.
Fundie eh?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197339 Jun 23, 2013
dipping pit wrote:
Are these Republican "black plague" fleas?
Dog owners are on alert for wild animals carrying fleas, as several cases of bubonic plague yes, the black death have appeared in East Mountains canine communities in New Mexico.
Yeah, that's what they are fruitcake, republican fleas. And they're coming to get you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197340 Jun 23, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am definitely a 10!
You are definitely a moron.
yoursodumb

Centralia, IL

#197341 Jun 23, 2013
What's short and with a I.Q. of 40 ? The LGBT Pride Parade .
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197342 Jun 23, 2013
Wonder what lame sock puppet Jizzy will use today.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197343 Jun 23, 2013
Pew Research- Widespread media bias in favor of gay marriage.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Pew-same-sex...

Please don't shoot the messenger.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197344 Jun 23, 2013
The new report also noted that Twitter postings on the subject were nearly evenly split between support and opposition for the measure, "aligning more closely with public opinion than with the news media."

http://www.journalism.org/analysis_report/new...
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#197345 Jun 23, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>here we go again comparing homosexually to animals. Some males in the animal world give birth, will that be the new norm too?
And you wonder why we call you breeders..........
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#197346 Jun 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
This from someone who not just excused obscene, perverted behavior in public, but bragged about it!
And then there are Christians who find no conflict between the Bible and God and science and reality.
The integrity of your world is fractured every which way VV. That is what I keep exposing over and over. It is why I annoy you so deeply.
Honey, all you have EVER exposed is your bigotry and arrogance. Bigotry wrapped in a jesus flag is still bigotry.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197347 Jun 23, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are cute. I wasn't offering anything, I was asking for some clarification on your apparent unnatural attraction to Frank.
And I told you but it went over your head.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197350 Jun 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A birth defect impacts a person's ability to function happily throughout their lives.
Homosexuality, therefore, is not a birth defect. It is a characteristic--kind of like having blond hair or being left handed.
Not necessarily. People with "birth defects" do manage to function happily throughout their lives. Some homosexuals ability to function happily is impacted by homosexuality.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#197351 Jun 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry wrapped in the rainbow flag is still bigotry.
Nice....point, and counter point. Rose....uh Jane you ignorant.....

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#197352 Jun 23, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
And you wonder why we call you breeders..........
Do you call your Mom and Dad that too....or is it Breeder 1 and Breeder 2?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#197353 Jun 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry wrapped in the rainbow flag is still bigotry.
You would know all about it, Frankie Fathead ........

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#197355 Jun 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... You are exactly right. The number one reason that gay people exist is because straight people keep giving birth to us.
Those of you who have problems with gay people have no one to blame but yourselves.
If you really wanted to wipe out homosexuality, you'd stop having children--put a complete moratorium on all childbirth--until you could figure out a way to test your embryos for the yet to be discovered "cause" of homosexuality.
Then, once you have determined that your child will likely be homosexual, you can choose to abort it before it is born.
Kind of sounds like a disgusting idea to me. But there are those out there (Kimare) who believe that a perfect world would be one that does not include homosexuals.
I wonder if some over zealous rainbow flag wavers cringe at the notion they were created by coitus. Must drive some of them crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr go away 5,007
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••