Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Proccessed

Covina, CA

#193226 May 25, 2013
Foodies are having a field day with this one!

Engineered and modified foods.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#193227 May 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are judgmental pastors.
Christians are called to judge numerous issues.
hahahahahahahah
ahhaahahahahhaah

Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#193228 May 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country we are free to pursue our desires as long as do not break any laws. It isn't against the law to be homosexual. It isn't against the law to engage in homosexual activity. It isn't against the law to pair up with someone of the same gender.
The only law that we are attempting to break, is one that we believe is unjustifiable. We believe it prohibits us from enjoying certain rights and protections that other straight couples enjoy by way of marriage.
We have a right to question that law--to put it before the court and citizens of the country. And that's what we're doing.
If we don't like the answer we get, then we are free to continue to fight for these rights and protections.
We believe that we have a legitimate argument--many heterosexuals agree with us.
As I've said many times before, it's only a matter of time.
You cannot legally stand in our way. You cannot keep us from pursuing what we believe we should have.
You have the right to complain and cry all you want. But we all know where that gets you--nowhere.
TESTIFY!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#193229 May 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that was witty. I don't care who you are.
I live next door to a gay couple and they are excellent neighbors, just way too anal. God forbid my gardener blows a leaf into their yard! We have BBQs and they tell me gay jokes. They already heard all mine.
Here's a good one-
-"What would you call the Flintstones if they were gay?"
-Queers. HAR!HAR!HAR! Good one.
I can guess what they say about YOU.
JA snapped it off deep

Covina, CA

#193231 May 25, 2013
JA snapped it off deep inside "old" JOE A.- it's so nice to see this piece of trash wanked down to size.

US judge rules department of 'toughest sheriff' engages in racial profiling.

You mean that idiot Joe A. got his hands slapped again, isn't that just like a racists!

Does this mean Arizona has another problem?

What's the first?

he state is run by racists idiot's, just look at the freak calling herself Janice Brewer the GOV. or head Nazi.

How did those Nazi's get in America anyway, they must be illegal's.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193232 May 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you have to worry about with a gay person living next door is that we might increase your property value
Brucie reads her propaganda from a prepared script. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that exact phrase over the years by the Caligulas who have done nothing but base their careers on hanging curtains.
Texas idiotss

Covina, CA

#193233 May 25, 2013
Boerne, Texas..

A South Texas police officer has been put on administrative leave after being charged with shooting an arrow into a neighbor’s cat.

It get better, he still thinks he's a cop? not for long..
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193234 May 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>

Here's a good one-
See, people like that, who know what they are and can live with themselves and not be shock value Caligulas and demand to be made a Protected Species and kill the love of Life with political correctness... I can handle them.

My favorite of all time has to be:

"How many homosexists does it take to put in a light bulb?

Only one, but it takes an entire Emergency Room to remove it".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193235 May 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahah
ahhaahahahahhaah
Thanks. I needed a good laugh.
http://www.hark.com/clips/bsvmvxgykk-cuckoo-c...
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193236 May 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I'm intolerant of the willfully ignorant, like you. Since when is it a badge of honor to hold a point of view that is counter to scientific facts? Your point of view SHOULD be held up to ridicule because it is based on fear and stupidity.
Ooops, silly me. You have slogans too. And for a budding zit grrrrl, you use them so WELL!

Ever heard of "global warming", zit grrrrl? Scientists nowadays are bought and sold like government cheese. And the CDC was infiltrated by homosexists years and years ago. But thanks for playing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193237 May 25, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Brucie reads her propaganda from a prepared script. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that exact phrase over the years by the Caligulas who have done nothing but base their careers on hanging curtains.
HAR!HAR!HAR! Good one! Did you hear the one about the gay cowboy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193238 May 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>TESTIFY!
http://www.hark.com/clips/ylynrywxln-cuckoo-c...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193239 May 25, 2013
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193240 May 25, 2013
Now I'm laughing at them for the lack of smiley rage. They must all be suffering hangovers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193241 May 25, 2013
laughing man wrote:
Now I'm laughing at them for the lack of smiley rage. They must all be suffering hangovers.
The left is very anxious since it's becoming impossible to deny all of Obama's cover-ups, dirty tricks, kickbacks, political favoritism and scandals.

They are not happy campers despite the fake uneasy smiles. Blaming Bush, which worked fine for the first term, is losing it's credibility even with the most die hard leftists.

And once the media loses it's crush on him "Yes we can!" will turn into "but we didn't", actually it already has. Obama is crippled and in damage control mode.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193242 May 25, 2013
Barack Milhous Obama. Now THAT's funny. But he and his kind couldn't have done any of it without the tacit approval of the spineless GOP.

I personally think that the United States, and the world, was lost ages ago, and the runaway growth of the Caligulas is only one stage of decay. You don't have to be religious to see the evil and madness at the highest levels.
Pietro Armando

Boston, MA

#193243 May 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country we are free to pursue our desires as long as do not break any laws. It isn't against the law to be homosexual. It isn't against the law to engage in homosexual activity. It isn't against the law to pair up with someone of the same gender.
All true.
The only law that we are attempting to break, is one that we believe is unjustifiable.
One in which you are unable, or unwilling to consider the possible long term consequences of for society as a whole.
We believe it prohibits us from enjoying certain rights and protections that other straight couples enjoy by way of marriage.

You are not prohibited from enjoying certain rights and protections provided they are enjoyed, so to speak, as part of an opposite sex married couple, regardless of orientation labels one wishes to use.
We have a right to question that law--to put it before the court and citizens of the country. And that's what we're doing.
[/QUOTE[

That u do.

[QUOTE]
If we don't like the answer we get, then we are free to continue to fight for these rights and protections.
[QUOTE[
We believe that we have a legitimate argument--many heterosexuals agree with us.
[/QUOTE]

As there are homosexuals who disagree with you.

[QUOTE[
As I've said many times before, it's only a matter of time.
You cannot legally stand in our way. You cannot keep us from pursuing what we believe we should have.
You have the right to complain and cry all you want. But we all know where that gets you--nowhere.[/QUOTE]

You are able or unwilling to consider the consequences of such a course if action. At what point does redefining marriage for whomever may ask, render marriage meaningless to society as a whole?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193244 May 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
...At what point does redefining marriage for whomever may ask, render marriage meaningless to society as a whole?
I suspect VV would stop redefining marriage for whoever may ask right after he redefines it to suit himself.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#193245 May 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect VV would stop redefining marriage for whoever may ask right after he redefines it to suit himself.
I sense u may be right....let's see if he has an opinion on this.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193246 May 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
At what point does redefining marriage for whomever may ask, render marriage meaningless to society as a whole?
They don't care. They're Caligulas, driven by hormones and emotions, tweens in Never Never Land who won't grow up, and Consequences is a four letter word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 46 min free for all 5,081
Do you approve of Mary Bono Mack as Representat... (Jul '12) 5 hr marcella williams 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 13 hr surfs up 7,955
Scottish-Americans mixed on keeping kingdom united 13 hr James 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Sep 17 Mac 124
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info