Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,412)

Showing posts 168,221 - 168,240 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dremill Heat

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

It's not hot in here.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a hard time with reality don't you?
Pretty funny coming form someone that is totally clueless about the fact that a majority of Americans now support same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny coming form someone that is totally clueless about the fact that a majority of Americans now support same sex marriage.
HAR!HAR!HAR! SO Funny! He's clueless! Too funny! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a hard time with reality don't you?
The tone of your previous posts have led me to believe that you think that gay people must agree with gay scientists, regardless of what they say.

I'm just pointing out that this is not the case. We are all individuals; capable of looking at what someone says and drawing our own conclusions. It doesn't matter if they are straight, gay, or whatever.

We are united on certain issues. However, you'll still find the occasional gay or lesbian person who does not support same-gender marriage. They may see marriage as an attempt to justify our relationships to the heterosexual community. They believe that we who support same-gender marriage are kowtowing to the ideas and beliefs of our "oppressors".

It's not an idea that I agree with.

You'll find diverse ideas and beliefs in any group of people. And THAT is the point of my previous comment to you.
JazzFest

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

It's railroading and Jazz time:

http://www.csrmf.org/events-exhibits/whats-ne...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The tone of your previous posts have led me to believe that you think that gay people must agree with gay scientists, regardless of what they say.
I'm just pointing out that this is not the case. We are all individuals; capable of looking at what someone says and drawing our own conclusions. It doesn't matter if they are straight, gay, or whatever.
We are united on certain issues. However, you'll still find the occasional gay or lesbian person who does not support same-gender marriage. They may see marriage as an attempt to justify our relationships to the heterosexual community. They believe that we who support same-gender marriage are kowtowing to the ideas and beliefs of our "oppressors".
You'll find diverse ideas and beliefs in any group of people. And THAT is the point of my previous comment to you.
The way they are taught to think, is that you put people in a politically labeled box, and close your eyes and just believe that everyone you pigeon hole all have the same opinion on every subject.

Wrong of course

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
it can't be bigotry. There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Hardly Queen of DeNial.
A sterile duplicate gendered couple is clearly not equal to marriage.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.
Smile.
<quoted text>
The issue isn't what marriage 'requires', it is, are ss couple equal to marriage. If so, then yes, they deserve equal rights.
I simply point out the numerous distinctions where they clearly are not equal to marriage.
ss couples will never ever be more than a sterile duplicated half of marriage. They simply don't measure up.
SMile.
1.) Marriage is a legal contract that legally joins two people's lives together.

2.) The legal marriage of two people is not predicated on their ability or plans to have children.

3.) The vast majority of marriages in this country are based on the love and long term commitment of two individuals; whether they are opposite-gender or same-gender couples.

4.) Sterility is a term given to people who cannot have children.

5.) Straight and gay individuals are capable of having children, either through adoption or through in vitro processes.

6.) You continue to lie, distort, and bore others when you say that "ss couples will never ever be more than a sterile duplicated half of marriage".

7.) If you want to argue against same-gender marriage, you're going to have to come up with something that is believable and based in reality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The way they are taught to think, is that you put people in a politically labeled box, and close your eyes and just believe that everyone you pigeon hole all have the same opinion on every subject.
Wrong of course
Yes "they" do. That is exactly how you think about me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's spot on reality.
That's why you gave your opinion instead of a logical retort.
Smirk.
Mine isnít an opinion

Mine is a fact, there are same sex marriages, in reality.

You keep trying to state that there are not.... wrong!

That you close your eyes to a fact, doesnít change the fact
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine isnít an opinion
Mine is a fact, there are same sex marriages, in reality.
You keep trying to state that there are not.... wrong!
That you close your eyes to a fact, doesnít change the fact
Let me help you here Big D before you get all frustrated and angry and start lying and pulling all your usual silly dishonest nonsense.

He's saying that they aren't real marriages. He's not saying they don't exist.

OK! Always ask for help. Remember. There are no dumb posts, only dumbass posters!
Chris Coe

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people also have the intelligence of toenail clippings. I find it almost impossible to believe that someone would lean on the collective stupidity of a race of beings to bolster a desperate viewpoint.
Libtard Watch

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop the hate!!!!

unless they have a differing point of view....
protest sign

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
bigotry and hatred.
Slogans make the girly-man!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Libtard Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop the hate!!!!
unless they have a differing point of view....
Celebrate diversity! Except if they disagree with you. Then they are not diverse.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you here Big D before you get all frustrated and angry and start lying and pulling all your usual silly dishonest nonsense.
He's saying that they aren't real marriages. He's not saying they don't exist.
OK! Always ask for help. Remember. There are no dumb posts, only dumbass posters!
I donít need help, from someone that has no clue what is being said.

I am correcting the moron that his personal opinion counts no more than my opinion of his marriage... a legal zero

there are indeed same sex marriages no matter how tightly his ( or your ) eyes are shut. It doesnít matter who likes it or doesnít.

His personal opinion of their marriages matter no more than my opinion of his marriage, which I promise you is as low as his opinion of theirs.

He keeps stating something that is 100% wrong, and I will happily correct him ( and you ) every time.

I grant you that he will never ever get the point ( nor will you ) but the fact remains a fact.

Unless he is advocating that the legal definition of marriage is now an individual choiceÖ Not an outcome he has been advocating.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am correcting the moron that his personal opinion counts no more than my opinion of his marriage... a legal zero
there are indeed same sex marriages no matter how tightly his ( or your ) eyes are shut. It doesnít matter who likes it or doesnít.
His personal opinion of their marriages matter no more than my opinion of his marriage, which I promise you is as low as his opinion of theirs.
He keeps stating something that is 100% wrong, and I will happily correct him ( and you ) every time.
I grant you that he will never ever get the point ( nor will you ) but the fact remains a fact.
Unless he is advocating that the legal definition of marriage is now an individual choiceÖ Not an outcome he has been advocating.
I still don't get it. Explain it better.

Too funny!
kindergarten cop

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In my truth, my reality, I'm smarter than you!!!!

And don't you forget it!!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Marriage is a legal contract that legally joins two people's lives together.
Marriage is a legal contract that recognizes a man and woman as husband and wife, at leaf in 32 states.
2.) The legal marriage of two people is not predicated on their ability or plans to have children.
That is true, however the law recognizes the sexual nature of the male female relationship, and its procreative potential.
3.) The vast majority of marriages in this country are based on the love and long term commitment of two individuals; whether they are opposite-gender or same-gender couples.
The motivations as to why people marry does not change the state's recognition of marriage as a sexual union of husband and wife, and it's potential to procreate. The state has a vested interest in privileging that relationship above all others for that reason.
4.) Sterility is a term given to people who cannot have children.
True.
5.) Straight and gay individuals are capable of having children, either through adoption or through in vitro processes.

A couple is either of the opposite sex, or same sex. Couples can be of mixed orientation. A man cannot "have" a child, he can father a child, or adopt a child. A woman who uses ART, still must involve the opposite sex.

[QUOTE]
6.) You continue to lie, distort, and bore others when you say that "ss couples will never ever be more than a sterile duplicated half of marriage".
How so? A same sex couple cannot sexually reproduce with each other, they must involve someone of the opposite sex.
7.) If you want to argue against same-gender marriage, you're going to have to come up with something that is believable and based in reality.
As in biological reality?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

kindergarten cop wrote:
<quoted text>
In my truth, my reality, I'm smarter than you!!!!
And don't you forget it!!!!
If your opinion differs from his, then you "have no clue" is what I think Big D is trying to convince us.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract that recognizes a man and woman as husband and wife, at leaf in 32 states.
32 and dropping

California will likely drop off this year, if not it will drop off in the next election cycle.

Nevada is now in play to drop off your list in the next election cycle

Oregon has made the first moves to remove thier ban also

There are probably others I am not aware of yet.

Used to be 50 states that did not recognize same sex marriage, now 32 and dropping.

I suspect before the next presidential election it will be half or less

Justice, freedom and equality are winning, ignorance, hatred and tynary are losing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,221 - 168,240 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance