Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
168,201 - 168,220 of 200,565 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Damn like that

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192681
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? Some illiterate kid who types "u" instead of "you" thinks he's witty. Priceless.
Da only reason u would write out words like "you" is so it fills up jus a lil bit more of your pathetic ace day. Kinda like always gettin gas at the place that's 1 cent cheaper...eventually w enuf "you's" your life will be about 10 mins shorter...10 mins less contemplating suicide 4 Frankie No Life Rizzo, while he spells out the word "you". Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192682
May 19, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Damn like that wrote:
<quoted text>
Da only reason u would write out words like "you" is so it fills up jus a lil bit more of your pathetic ace day. Kinda like always gettin gas at the place that's 1 cent cheaper...eventually w enuf "you's" your life will be about 10 mins shorter...10 mins less contemplating suicide 4 Frankie No Life Rizzo, while he spells out the word "you". Priceless.
No, it's not like getting gas one cent cheaper. It's like you're a moron.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192683
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem isn't that you don't read much, it is that you don't comprehend much.
That coupled with your hatred and bigotry would give my crazy person a run for his money...
Bazinga!
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
My hatred and bigotry? You're hilarious! Kindly point out where I've given any indication I'm a bigot or that I'm filled with hatred. It appears "your" crazy person is yourself.
You took Queen VV's knowingly untrue post and added your own distortion.

It simply exposed your hatred of those who disagree with imposing an imposter relationship on marriage.

Now you add denial to your bigotry and hatred.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192684
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem isn't that you don't read much, it is that you don't comprehend much.
That coupled with your hatred and bigotry would give my crazy person a run for his money...
Bazinga!
<quoted text>
You took Queen VV's knowingly untrue post and added your own distortion.
It simply exposed your hatred of those who disagree with imposing an imposter relationship on marriage.
Now you add denial to your bigotry and hatred.
Smile.
the difference is he is not advocating denying you any rights, while you want to deny his rights.

Your ignorance fuelled bigotry seeks to harm others.

His does not
Dremill Heat

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192685
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

It's not hot in here.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192686
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a hard time with reality don't you?
Pretty funny coming form someone that is totally clueless about the fact that a majority of Americans now support same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192687
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny coming form someone that is totally clueless about the fact that a majority of Americans now support same sex marriage.
HAR!HAR!HAR! SO Funny! He's clueless! Too funny! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192688
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a hard time with reality don't you?
The tone of your previous posts have led me to believe that you think that gay people must agree with gay scientists, regardless of what they say.

I'm just pointing out that this is not the case. We are all individuals; capable of looking at what someone says and drawing our own conclusions. It doesn't matter if they are straight, gay, or whatever.

We are united on certain issues. However, you'll still find the occasional gay or lesbian person who does not support same-gender marriage. They may see marriage as an attempt to justify our relationships to the heterosexual community. They believe that we who support same-gender marriage are kowtowing to the ideas and beliefs of our "oppressors".

It's not an idea that I agree with.

You'll find diverse ideas and beliefs in any group of people. And THAT is the point of my previous comment to you.
JazzFest

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192690
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

It's railroading and Jazz time:

http://www.csrmf.org/events-exhibits/whats-ne...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192691
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The tone of your previous posts have led me to believe that you think that gay people must agree with gay scientists, regardless of what they say.
I'm just pointing out that this is not the case. We are all individuals; capable of looking at what someone says and drawing our own conclusions. It doesn't matter if they are straight, gay, or whatever.
We are united on certain issues. However, you'll still find the occasional gay or lesbian person who does not support same-gender marriage. They may see marriage as an attempt to justify our relationships to the heterosexual community. They believe that we who support same-gender marriage are kowtowing to the ideas and beliefs of our "oppressors".
It's not an idea that I agree with.
You'll find diverse ideas and beliefs in any group of people. And THAT is the point of my previous comment to you.
The way they are taught to think, is that you put people in a politically labeled box, and close your eyes and just believe that everyone you pigeon hole all have the same opinion on every subject.

Wrong of course

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192692
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
it can't be bigotry. There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Hardly Queen of DeNial.
A sterile duplicate gendered couple is clearly not equal to marriage.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.
Smile.
<quoted text>
The issue isn't what marriage 'requires', it is, are ss couple equal to marriage. If so, then yes, they deserve equal rights.
I simply point out the numerous distinctions where they clearly are not equal to marriage.
ss couples will never ever be more than a sterile duplicated half of marriage. They simply don't measure up.
SMile.
1.) Marriage is a legal contract that legally joins two people's lives together.

2.) The legal marriage of two people is not predicated on their ability or plans to have children.

3.) The vast majority of marriages in this country are based on the love and long term commitment of two individuals; whether they are opposite-gender or same-gender couples.

4.) Sterility is a term given to people who cannot have children.

5.) Straight and gay individuals are capable of having children, either through adoption or through in vitro processes.

6.) You continue to lie, distort, and bore others when you say that "ss couples will never ever be more than a sterile duplicated half of marriage".

7.) If you want to argue against same-gender marriage, you're going to have to come up with something that is believable and based in reality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192694
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The way they are taught to think, is that you put people in a politically labeled box, and close your eyes and just believe that everyone you pigeon hole all have the same opinion on every subject.
Wrong of course
Yes "they" do. That is exactly how you think about me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192695
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's spot on reality.
That's why you gave your opinion instead of a logical retort.
Smirk.
Mine isnít an opinion

Mine is a fact, there are same sex marriages, in reality.

You keep trying to state that there are not.... wrong!

That you close your eyes to a fact, doesnít change the fact
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192696
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine isnít an opinion
Mine is a fact, there are same sex marriages, in reality.
You keep trying to state that there are not.... wrong!
That you close your eyes to a fact, doesnít change the fact
Let me help you here Big D before you get all frustrated and angry and start lying and pulling all your usual silly dishonest nonsense.

He's saying that they aren't real marriages. He's not saying they don't exist.

OK! Always ask for help. Remember. There are no dumb posts, only dumbass posters!
Chris Coe

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192697
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny coming form someone that is totally clueless about the fact that a majority of Americans now support same sex marriage.
Most people also have the intelligence of toenail clippings. I find it almost impossible to believe that someone would lean on the collective stupidity of a race of beings to bolster a desperate viewpoint.
Libtard Watch

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192698
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The tone of your previous posts have led me to believe that you think that gay people must agree with gay scientists, regardless of what they say.
I'm just pointing out that this is not the case. We are all individuals; capable of looking at what someone says and drawing our own conclusions. It doesn't matter if they are straight, gay, or whatever.
We are united on certain issues. However, you'll still find the occasional gay or lesbian person who does not support same-gender marriage. They may see marriage as an attempt to justify our relationships to the heterosexual community. They believe that we who support same-gender marriage are kowtowing to the ideas and beliefs of our "oppressors".
It's not an idea that I agree with.
You'll find diverse ideas and beliefs in any group of people. And THAT is the point of my previous comment to you.
Stop the hate!!!!

unless they have a differing point of view....
protest sign

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192699
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

KiMare wrote:
bigotry and hatred.
Slogans make the girly-man!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192702
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Libtard Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop the hate!!!!
unless they have a differing point of view....
Celebrate diversity! Except if they disagree with you. Then they are not diverse.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192703
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you here Big D before you get all frustrated and angry and start lying and pulling all your usual silly dishonest nonsense.
He's saying that they aren't real marriages. He's not saying they don't exist.
OK! Always ask for help. Remember. There are no dumb posts, only dumbass posters!
I donít need help, from someone that has no clue what is being said.

I am correcting the moron that his personal opinion counts no more than my opinion of his marriage... a legal zero

there are indeed same sex marriages no matter how tightly his ( or your ) eyes are shut. It doesnít matter who likes it or doesnít.

His personal opinion of their marriages matter no more than my opinion of his marriage, which I promise you is as low as his opinion of theirs.

He keeps stating something that is 100% wrong, and I will happily correct him ( and you ) every time.

I grant you that he will never ever get the point ( nor will you ) but the fact remains a fact.

Unless he is advocating that the legal definition of marriage is now an individual choiceÖ Not an outcome he has been advocating.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192704
May 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít need help, from someone that has no clue what is being said.
I am correcting the moron that his personal opinion counts no more than my opinion of his marriage... a legal zero
there are indeed same sex marriages no matter how tightly his ( or your ) eyes are shut. It doesnít matter who likes it or doesnít.
His personal opinion of their marriages matter no more than my opinion of his marriage, which I promise you is as low as his opinion of theirs.
He keeps stating something that is 100% wrong, and I will happily correct him ( and you ) every time.
I grant you that he will never ever get the point ( nor will you ) but the fact remains a fact.
Unless he is advocating that the legal definition of marriage is now an individual choiceÖ Not an outcome he has been advocating.
I still don't get it. Explain it better.

Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Donny B 7,922
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Mon Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Mon sex 692
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Aug 24 Mono 4,996
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••