Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
168,201 - 168,220 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Damn like that wrote:
U should be on your hands and knees thanking me for giving u something to do (even tho we all know your already on your knees so now all u have to do is thank me)
Hu r u posting tu dummy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

maxi pads wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the Gay Movement is in good hands with your grade school rapier wit at the vanguard, Chuckles.
Right? Some illiterate kid who types "u" instead of "you" thinks he's witty. Priceless.
sheesh

Woodstock, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem isn't that you don't read much, it is that you don't comprehend much.
That coupled with your hatred and bigotry would give my crazy person a run for his money...
Bazinga!
My hatred and bigotry? You're hilarious! Kindly point out where I've given any indication I'm a bigot or that I'm filled with hatred. It appears "your" crazy person is yourself.
Mister Nice Guy

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? Some illiterate kid who types "u" instead of "you" thinks he's witty. Priceless.
It's not easy to type with long dirty press-on nails and Crisco-caked fingers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Are people in thier 60's who are married called
Step away from the crack pipe Jizzy. Put it down and step away.
Damn like that

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hu r u posting tu dummy?
To the person who told me to post again, and the person that responded to me. Sorry didn't think it took much to figure that one out. But then again look who I'm talking to...someone who sits home all day collecting welfare checks and food stamps. See u in 5 minutes!!
Damn like that

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Da only reason u would write out words like "you" is so it fills up jus a lil bit more of your pathetic ace day. Kinda like always gettin gas at the place that's 1 cent cheaper...eventually w enuf "you's" your life will be about 10 mins shorter...10 mins less contemplating suicide 4 Frankie No Life Rizzo, while he spells out the word "you". Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Damn like that wrote:
<quoted text>
Da only reason u would write out words like "you" is so it fills up jus a lil bit more of your pathetic ace day. Kinda like always gettin gas at the place that's 1 cent cheaper...eventually w enuf "you's" your life will be about 10 mins shorter...10 mins less contemplating suicide 4 Frankie No Life Rizzo, while he spells out the word "you". Priceless.
No, it's not like getting gas one cent cheaper. It's like you're a moron.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem isn't that you don't read much, it is that you don't comprehend much.
That coupled with your hatred and bigotry would give my crazy person a run for his money...
Bazinga!
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
My hatred and bigotry? You're hilarious! Kindly point out where I've given any indication I'm a bigot or that I'm filled with hatred. It appears "your" crazy person is yourself.
You took Queen VV's knowingly untrue post and added your own distortion.

It simply exposed your hatred of those who disagree with imposing an imposter relationship on marriage.

Now you add denial to your bigotry and hatred.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Bazinga!
<quoted text>
You took Queen VV's knowingly untrue post and added your own distortion.
It simply exposed your hatred of those who disagree with imposing an imposter relationship on marriage.
Now you add denial to your bigotry and hatred.
Smile.
the difference is he is not advocating denying you any rights, while you want to deny his rights.

Your ignorance fuelled bigotry seeks to harm others.

His does not
Dremill Heat

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

It's not hot in here.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a hard time with reality don't you?
Pretty funny coming form someone that is totally clueless about the fact that a majority of Americans now support same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny coming form someone that is totally clueless about the fact that a majority of Americans now support same sex marriage.
HAR!HAR!HAR! SO Funny! He's clueless! Too funny! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a hard time with reality don't you?
The tone of your previous posts have led me to believe that you think that gay people must agree with gay scientists, regardless of what they say.

I'm just pointing out that this is not the case. We are all individuals; capable of looking at what someone says and drawing our own conclusions. It doesn't matter if they are straight, gay, or whatever.

We are united on certain issues. However, you'll still find the occasional gay or lesbian person who does not support same-gender marriage. They may see marriage as an attempt to justify our relationships to the heterosexual community. They believe that we who support same-gender marriage are kowtowing to the ideas and beliefs of our "oppressors".

It's not an idea that I agree with.

You'll find diverse ideas and beliefs in any group of people. And THAT is the point of my previous comment to you.
JazzFest

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

It's railroading and Jazz time:

http://www.csrmf.org/events-exhibits/whats-ne...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The tone of your previous posts have led me to believe that you think that gay people must agree with gay scientists, regardless of what they say.
I'm just pointing out that this is not the case. We are all individuals; capable of looking at what someone says and drawing our own conclusions. It doesn't matter if they are straight, gay, or whatever.
We are united on certain issues. However, you'll still find the occasional gay or lesbian person who does not support same-gender marriage. They may see marriage as an attempt to justify our relationships to the heterosexual community. They believe that we who support same-gender marriage are kowtowing to the ideas and beliefs of our "oppressors".
It's not an idea that I agree with.
You'll find diverse ideas and beliefs in any group of people. And THAT is the point of my previous comment to you.
The way they are taught to think, is that you put people in a politically labeled box, and close your eyes and just believe that everyone you pigeon hole all have the same opinion on every subject.

Wrong of course

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
it can't be bigotry. There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Hardly Queen of DeNial.
A sterile duplicate gendered couple is clearly not equal to marriage.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.
Smile.
<quoted text>
The issue isn't what marriage 'requires', it is, are ss couple equal to marriage. If so, then yes, they deserve equal rights.
I simply point out the numerous distinctions where they clearly are not equal to marriage.
ss couples will never ever be more than a sterile duplicated half of marriage. They simply don't measure up.
SMile.
1.) Marriage is a legal contract that legally joins two people's lives together.

2.) The legal marriage of two people is not predicated on their ability or plans to have children.

3.) The vast majority of marriages in this country are based on the love and long term commitment of two individuals; whether they are opposite-gender or same-gender couples.

4.) Sterility is a term given to people who cannot have children.

5.) Straight and gay individuals are capable of having children, either through adoption or through in vitro processes.

6.) You continue to lie, distort, and bore others when you say that "ss couples will never ever be more than a sterile duplicated half of marriage".

7.) If you want to argue against same-gender marriage, you're going to have to come up with something that is believable and based in reality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The way they are taught to think, is that you put people in a politically labeled box, and close your eyes and just believe that everyone you pigeon hole all have the same opinion on every subject.
Wrong of course
Yes "they" do. That is exactly how you think about me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's spot on reality.
That's why you gave your opinion instead of a logical retort.
Smirk.
Mine isnít an opinion

Mine is a fact, there are same sex marriages, in reality.

You keep trying to state that there are not.... wrong!

That you close your eyes to a fact, doesnít change the fact
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine isnít an opinion
Mine is a fact, there are same sex marriages, in reality.
You keep trying to state that there are not.... wrong!
That you close your eyes to a fact, doesnít change the fact
Let me help you here Big D before you get all frustrated and angry and start lying and pulling all your usual silly dishonest nonsense.

He's saying that they aren't real marriages. He's not saying they don't exist.

OK! Always ask for help. Remember. There are no dumb posts, only dumbass posters!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rich's Painting 1 hr Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 3 hr Alice 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Ocean 7,835
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) 10 hr AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 15 hr Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 7:52PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000