Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192207 May 15, 2013
The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
I am heterosexual, you are not. You are a closet gay. The 12,000 remaining same sex couples with faux marriages in California did not hurt me either. We still see you all as a freak show and in fact, our opinions of you gays have lessened. Also, the gays dying of AIDS and SUICIDE did not hurt my marriage either. So, should I not care about that too.(shrug)
Wrong

I happen to be straight, I am very comfortable with my sexuality and so do not feel threatened by gay Americans in any way at all, the difference between you and I is that I am a patriot, I actually believe in justice, freedom and equality.

I also support equal rights for black people, I don’t happen to be black

I support women’s equality and treatment, I am not a woman

You cannot separate what you yourself are from what you support in your tiny pea brain, but most of us Americans can.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192209 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>Not a chance, which proves that you are politically illiterate.
When the Supreme Court upholds Prop 8 it will become the state constitution and it can not be removed with a simple majority vote. You sore losers will have to either deal or get 2/3 popular vote and 2/3 state legislative vote.
What will also happen is that sleeping giants will awaken, the Mormon Church, the Catholic church and the congregation of all US churches will draw a line in the sand and start pushing back. We will force a vote in all states wherein a popular vote is still possible and write into their constitution as well.
Did you want to make a wager?:)

Either the supreme court will overturn Prop 8, or it will be overturned in the next election cycle by ballot measure.

I may pity suckers, but I am not above making money off of them :)
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#192211 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>Please explain to all how come the APA has a LGBT resource center, if homosexuality is not a mental disorder.
When the APA was asked for studies and evidence of this alleged harm they finally admitted that there was none.
Of course, you do not want to hear this. You want gays to continue dying of AIDS for the cause and gays should commit suicide for you cause. That is sick.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-presi...
LISTEN TO THE AUDIO FROM THE APA PRESIDENT IF YOU HAVE THE BALLS.
Now read:
A former president of the American Psychological Association (APA), who also introduced the motion to declassify homosexuality as a mental illness in 1975, says that the APA has been taken over by “ultraliberals” beholden to the “gay rights movement,” who refuse to allow an open debate on reparative therapy for homosexuality.
Dr. Nicholas Cummings was President of the APA from 1979 to 1980, and also served as a member of the organization’s Council of Representatives. He served for years as Chief of Mental Health with the Kaiser-Permanente Health Maintenance Organization, and is the author of the book “Destructive Trends in Mental Health: The Well-Intentioned Path to Harm.”
In an interview with representatives of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH) in late April, Cummings said that the organization’s problems began with the rejection of the Leona Tyler Principle, which required that all public positions of the APA be supported by scientific evidence.
The APA “started changing pretty drastically by the late 1980s,” said Cummings.“By the mid 1990s, the Leona Tyler principle was absolutely forgotten, that political stances seemed to override any scientific results. Cherry-picking results became the mode. The gay rights movement sort of captured the APA.”
Cummings says that the movement for “diversity” in the APA, which he endorsed, had resulted in a lack of diversity regarding heterosexuals...

“The first time it came up, and I was a member of [the] Council, this would have been, oh, 1975, because I remember that that’s when I made the resolution,” Cummings said.“I made the resolution that being gay was not a mental illness, that it was characterological. And it passed the Council of Representatives. And that was the first issue that came up. I also said with that, that the APA, if it passes this resolution, will also vote to continue research that demonstrates whatever the research demonstrates. Unbiased, open research. It was never done.”
In a second, briefer interview with NARTH on the same day, Cummings recalls his own work with homosexuals who wanted to leave the gay lifestyle during his tenure at Kaiser Permanente.
The Exterminator 6.

Good point. Many of us remember when, after the Soviet "Liberals" had butchered the Christian Czar and his little God-fearing Christian family, they then proceeded to politicize mental illness. Those who did not go along with the "Liberal" program were incarcerated in State run institutions where they were given "the treatment". Ultimately, more than 60 MILLIONS White European Christians were butchered who were butchered were NON-Homosexuals.

During the early days of the revolution in our own country, most White Christian Americans held to the idea that "it can never happen here". This was true even after the "Liberal" revolutionaries took to the street and had burned most major American cities throughout the 60s 70s. Those simple American Christians of faith were wrong. It IS happening here.

Here is a link to a web-site telling how Government licensed "psychiatrists" influenced the APA to quit viewing Homosexual behavior and lesbianism as treatable illnesses.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/93f4gjn

Ronald

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192212 May 15, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you want to make a wager?:)
Either the supreme court will overturn Prop 8, or it will be overturned in the next election cycle by ballot measure.
I may pity suckers, but I am not above making money off of them :)
I suspect there's not much you are above when it comes to making money or getting your way.
FuJeus

Covina, CA

#192216 May 15, 2013
Hashville Skyline how did weed and country music get so cozy?
Lol

Glendora, CA

#192218 May 15, 2013
FuJeus wrote:
Hashville Skyline how did weed and country music get so cozy?
Yeah
Trayvon Orwell

Tempe, AZ

#192219 May 15, 2013
Celebrate Diversity!!!!

Until they disagree with you....
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192221 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>No, you are a closet gay and very uncomfortable.
SO, DO YOU UNDRESS AND BECOME NUDE AROUND GAY MEN?? Obviously you are threatened by gays and you are threatened by truth.
If you were comfortable then you would be able to discover all the facts and make a decision, not based on gay bias.
If you are straight, then you should be able to debate without anger.
LET'S HAVE AT IT:
FIRST TOPIC-
1. Present all studies that you have read and studied, in the past, that prove that reparative therapy harms gays.
a. It can not be something you research today. It must be in the past.
b. Post the date that you read it and how it influenced your decision.
c. Please name the doctors who conducted the studies and how they came to their conclusions.
d. Now, to conclude, present all your medical findings that all the people who are now ex-gays, really are not and are in denial.
THE TREATMENT OF WOMEN AND BLACKS ARE NOT A COMPARISON, YOU ARE TRYING TO COMPARE RACE AND SEX WITH A BEHAVIOR.
The truth is this, I can separate it all and you can not. Which is why you used female equal rights, seeming to ignore all the female lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders.
DON'T WORRY, I DON'T EXPECT AN ARGUMENT, YOU KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE A PEA BRAIN AND YOURS IS SO BIG.
There is nothing to have at, I am straight, father and grandfather. I am a patriot I actually believe in our nations values.

You claim that you do not like Justice Freedom and Equality, well there are people out there that agree with you, have you considered the Taliban? They would agree with you.

A pea brain is all you have, you have already demonstrated that.

You also seem clueless as to what is happening around you, Prop 8 is going down, one way ( late June ) or the other next election.

It is funny to me that you will be standing there slack jawed not comprehending what is happening, or why.

I am sure I have undressed in front of someone that was gay at one time or another, I am a veteran after all. Does not bother me in the slightest, when I was younger I was approached by people that were gay as I worked around them quite often, I informed them I was straight and thanked them for the complement. After a couple of times they must have spread the word around, as I was not approached again, but they did tell me thank you for not being upset by that. I couldn’t fathom why someone would be.

But again, I am comfortable and not threatened by these people in any way whatsoever. I do pity that you are so unnerved so easily, most of us are not.
Trayvon O Donnell

Tempe, AZ

#192222 May 15, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
bigotry and superstition.
Celebrate Diversity!!!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192223 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>Homosexual behavior is not a race. In fact, if you use electroshock stimulus you can force many species to exhibit this behavior.
Really, it was against the law for people of different races to marry? Which states or are you claiming it was a federal law? I know the answer, but will await your answer. Don't look it up, you said it, so you must know the answer.
By the way, Richard (a white man) wanted to marry Mildred (a black woman), in the state of Virginia. They applied to marry under the legal definition of marriage as one man and one woman. The state of Virginia, like currently Minnesota, New York, etc. wanted to change the definition and cause harm in effect. Virginia did not wish to apply the law, they wanted to change it not for racial exclusion, but for black exclusion regarding marriage to all other races. The Supreme Court ruled that all citizens have a right to the fundamental institution of marriage, as one man and one woman. If Richard (a white man) had wanted to marry Michael (a black man), the marriage would have been denied.
I bet you all could be smart, if you wanted to appear as such.
So we can deny rights based on what we are disgusted by?

Really?

So I can legally remove rights from people whose behavior I am disgusted by?

Be careful what you ask for
MoJos

Covina, CA

#192224 May 15, 2013
That stupid Eric Issa, is acting like a typical "dirty Republican Pig" some what like Douglas Tessitor of Glendora, California city council.

Eric Holder the USA attorney general had to scold Eric Issa for 'shameful' demeanor.
Look at all this trash

Sacramento, CA

#192228 May 15, 2013
Notice how KiMare, Pietro Armando, and that other guy refuse to have a debate w me? They want no part of me, even after I called them out. Man it's so easy to own these caveman bigots. Funny how all seven of the world's countries that punish being gay w the death penalty are all 3rd world countries. These bigots would fit in perfectly in their thriving communities.
Ant-gay marriage = caveman, stone age neandrathals

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#192229 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>Let's try the topic again. You are gay and that is okay. Don't worry about it, it is simply your preference.
No, you are a closet gay and very uncomfortable.
SO, DO YOU UNDRESS AND BECOME NUDE AROUND GAY MEN?? Obviously you are threatened by gays and you are threatened by truth.
If you were comfortable then you would be able to discover all the facts and make a decision, not based on gay bias.
If you are straight, then you should be able to debate without anger.
LET'S HAVE AT IT:
FIRST TOPIC-
1. Present all studies that you have read and studied, in the past, that prove that reparative therapy harms gays.
a. It can not be something you research today. It must be in the past.
b. Post the date that you read it and how it influenced your decision.
c. Please name the doctors who conducted the studies and how they came to their conclusions.
d. Now, to conclude, present all your medical findings that all the people who are now ex-gays, really are not and are in denial.
THE TREATMENT OF WOMEN AND BLACKS ARE NOT A COMPARISON, YOU ARE TRYING TO COMPARE RACE AND SEX WITH A BEHAVIOR.
The truth is this, I can separate it all and you can not. Which is why you used female equal rights, seeming to ignore all the female lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders.
DON'T WORRY, I DON'T EXPECT AN ARGUMENT, YOU KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE A PEA BRAIN AND YOURS IS SO BIG.
I've never understood why you guys don't see how prejudice and discrimination against someone due to sexual orientation is different than prejudice against someone due to race or gender.

You say that being gay is a "behavior". I can guarantee you that it is an deep seated, unchangeable ATTRACTION that makes someone gay--not their behavior.

Long before I ever had a relationship with another guy, I knew by my attractions that I was gay.

A person's sexual orientation is an identity--just like race. Just because it isn't readily visible to you doesn't mean that it isn't an unchangeable identity.

And for you or anyone to deny us rights or want to have the freedom to treat us differently than anyone else IS discriminatory.

The problem is that you are a straight person who is trying to tell homosexuals how they should and should not be treated. You believe that you know what is best for us.

That takes a considerable amount of gall, if you ask me.

Knoxville, TN

#192230 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>So, you said that you were a gay old man an YOU HATE AMERICA. Perhaps, you should try the NETHERLANDS, they have a gang of pedophiles there. I see that you are too cowardly to debate and too ignorant to address the points.
Does it make you feel good to be fooled and be a fool?
What happens in June will simply happy? I was here when the gay judge ruled that prop 8 was unconstitutional, unlike gays, I did not riot and storm gay bars and gay bath houses. You keep bringing up the next cycle of elections,which means that you are uncertain about June.
You are indeed gay and it is clear.
So, the approach made you a homophobe and over all these years, you do not even have one gay friend, male or female.
I bet you are also a racist, no Asian or Black friends, huh. So, no gay, no blacks, no Asians, just you in your lily white KKK world.
You say that you do not know if you have undressed in front of gays, how dumb? You don't even have gay friends and you do not go to the gym with gay men that you know? You are just stupid. Do you know why most gay men never pee standing up and always go to bathroom stalls?
NO, you just proved that you are uncomfortable and unnerved by as you said "these people". No, in my case, there names are Michael, Jenny, Ana, Ptricia, June, Dave, John, Lilith, Jasmine, Chrissy, Tanya, Steve, Dave, and I could go on. They have names and they have lives, and most do not agree with the nonsense that you spew and receive as some mono gay ideology.
Did you honestly just say that gay men don't pee standing up? Do you really think that we go to stalls to pee? Are you in kindergarten? Where do you come up with this crap?

Next time you go to a public men's room, look for me. I'll be standing at the urinal, right beside you. I never go into stalls. Men's bathroom stalls are disgusting.
Puffed

Covina, CA

#192231 May 15, 2013
Twice turned down military assistance and help (fire power).
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192232 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP DISGUST. THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE DISGUSTING.
Now, stop lying, no one is trying to stop gays from have anal penile and/or oral anal sex at home or even in the bathrooms. Why does that have to do with marriage? Nothing.
So, since opposite sex copulation is normal, do you accept sex with 2 year old kids? No, idiot, there are social boundaries.
Do you think that a marriage between two Germans should give them federal marital rights in the US? Why not, are you disgusted with foreign marriages.
So, do you think that an adult daughter and father should be allowed to marry? Why, do you think we should make laws based on what disgusts you? Grow up, your inclinations prove your disposition, and your defense of behaviors identifies what behaviors you prefer.
We do not base rights on Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin

I don’t know what you are, but suspect you are in the wrong country

I see you are heading down the lame old slippery slope argument, which brands you as exactly the idiot you are.

we are done... I will enjoy watching you froth at the mouth when everything you fear smacks you in the face.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192233 May 15, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you honestly just say that gay men don't pee standing up? Do you really think that we go to stalls to pee? Are you in kindergarten? Where do you come up with this crap?
Next time you go to a public men's room, look for me. I'll be standing at the urinal, right beside you. I never go into stalls. Men's bathroom stalls are disgusting.
I am starting to think this is an "alt" of Frankie, same lame arguments and directions

Knoxville, TN

#192234 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>Homosexual behavior is not a race. In fact, if you use electroshock stimulus you can force many species to exhibit this behavior.
Really, it was against the law for people of different races to marry? Which states or are you claiming it was a federal law? I know the answer, but will await your answer. Don't look it up, you said it, so you must know the answer.
By the way, Richard (a white man) wanted to marry Mildred (a black woman), in the state of Virginia. They applied to marry under the legal definition of marriage as one man and one woman. The state of Virginia, like currently Minnesota, New York, etc. wanted to change the definition and cause harm in effect. Virginia did not wish to apply the law, they wanted to change it not for racial exclusion, but for black exclusion regarding marriage to all other races. The Supreme Court ruled that all citizens have a right to the fundamental institution of marriage, as one man and one woman. If Richard (a white man) had wanted to marry Michael (a black man), the marriage would have been denied.
I bet you all could be smart, if you wanted to appear as such.
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. Do you understand what "sexual orientation" means?

Let me try to break it down for you. Sexual orientation deals with the gender to which you are oriented with regards to your sexual attraction.

Sexual orientation is a fairly fixed characteristic. This means that if you are attracted to members of the opposite gender when you first begin to experience attraction, then you will be attracted to that gender throughout the remainder of your life.

Scientists have determined that there is a continuum along which sexual orientation exists.

On one end you have those people who are 100% heterosexual. No matter what you do to them, no matter how much you try to make them change, they will ALWAYS be attracted to those of the opposite gender.

On the other end of the spectrum are homosexuals. The same is true for homosexuals as is true for heterosexuals. No matter what you did to me--if you tortured me, if you rewarded me, whatever you did to me, I would NEVER be sexually attracted to a woman. It's just not going to happen.

Now, between the two opposite ends are those people who land somewhere in the middle. They are considered "bisexual". These people can be attracted to both genders, depending on their own particular circumstances.

Some bisexuals lean more toward a heterosexual identity. Some bisexuals lean more toward a homosexual identity.

This is reality. This is been proven time and again by scientists who study human sexuality and attraction.

The sooner you learn to accept the presence of gays, the better off you'll be. We aren't some make-believe, fairytale creature that only exists in fiction.

Just as you might not understand how it is that I am COMPLETELY turned off by women, I do not understand how it is that you could find women sexually attractive.

This is hard-wired in my brain (where sexuality and attraction takes place).

Regarding reparative therapy... The day that a straight man changes himself into a gay man through therapy, then I'll begin to believe that it's possible. If you would like to volunteer to be "altered"--to turn yourself gay--then go for it. Show us that it can be done.

Knoxville, TN

#192235 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>Ronald,
I know all of this. Unlike the gay side, I have researched this topic in depth. I was challenged to defend my pro-marriage position without using the Bible. I asked, so you want secular and science facts. So, I research and found lie after lie by the gay groups.
Like for instance, the secret life of the LGBT with NAMBLA is not so secret. You will discover the same leaders. From 1970 to 1994, the IGLA (gay) and NAMBLA (gay pedophiles) met as one organization. If you discover what they discussed in the meetings and the papers, you will find out that what is happening is what they had planned.
Like, most gays do not want to discuss the Matthew Shepard story, because they want the hate crime lie to stay in the minds of people like Big D who have no clue. What clue is that? Well, the killer McKinney was Matthew's gay lover and it was a robbery for drugs and money. Also, McKinney left Matthew there alive and was unaware of the condition. McKinney was on a 5 day Meth binge. Matthew Shepard lived for 5 days after the beating and died in the hospital. He actually died after a number of gay activists had visited him and slated him as their "hate crimes" poster child.
Why not Charles Mongry? I mean, perhaps an alleged Charles Mongry might have truly died from a hate crime. Matthew Shepard died in 1998, so why 15 years later do the gays only have this lie to show as the hate crimes they experience? America you are being pimped, and pimped by smart gays.
Being gay or straight is not a crime. Being a pedophile is a crime.

Pedophiles are not representative of the gay community any more than they are representative of the straight community.

Pedophiles are representative of the criminal community.

Stop trying to link gays to pedophilia. It's an asinine notion. NAMBLA is a disgusting organization. It would be just as disgusting for straight people to try to come up with an organization to justify sex with children.

Surely to GOD you're not so stupid that you can't understand this.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#192236 May 15, 2013
Look at all this trash wrote:
Notice how KiMare, Pietro Armando, and that other guy refuse to have a debate w me? They want no part of me, even after I called them out. Man it's so easy to own these caveman bigots. Funny how all seven of the world's countries that punish being gay w the death penalty are all 3rd world countries. These bigots would fit in perfectly in their thriving communities.
Ant-gay marriage = caveman, stone age neandrathals
Look at all this trash.

I doubt many non Homosexuals care one whit about what our Homosexual friends and the lesbians do in the privacy of their own bedrooms. What most people of good-will object to is revolutionary Governmental activists enshrining Homosexual behavior and lesbianism as being within official State sanctioned "standards of normalcy".

Already a coalition of California Homosexual and lesbian legislators have aligned themselves with the corrupt legal system to promote the use of scarce hard earned taxpayer money to teach Homosexuality and lesbianism to little African and other children - UNDER PENALTY OF LAW!- in the State's expensive taxpayer funded forced Government schools.

Millions of little Homosexual and non-Homosexual African babies are going to bed hungry every night. Couldn't that money be better spent?

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 3 hr Octopus 41
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 4 hr nick 710
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 12 hr Mac 128
child molester at large in dhs Oct 22 tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs