Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,390)

Showing posts 167,781 - 167,800 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
just the facts

Friendswood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít worry if the supreme courts gets it wrong, they will be voting on it again, and prop 8 will perish in a walk
Sup D? The bible thumpers still confused???
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Sup D? The bible thumpers still confused???
They have been explaining to me how clueless they are lately.

Several of them have absolutely no idea that a majority of voters support same sex marriage in the US.

I can only imagine they are standing around slack jawed not comprehending why all these changes are taking place.

I cannot imagine being that misinformed
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
The fact is, equating the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act of anal sex with 'marriage','consummation' or 'intercourse' is silly stupid.
I know you don't like the specifics being pointed out, because it exposes once again the vast distinction between marriage and an imposter defective relationship.
Any direction logic goes with gay denial requires a distortion of words. You can pretend all you want, but intelligent, moral people are only insulted by the ignorance you are trying to perpetrate.
Smile.
The fact that belief in a magic tree, talking snake and a rib woman is a fantasy delusion that distorts peoples moral views is very apparent, it is long past time people stop believing in Santa and grow up
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Ignorance Is NOT Bliss wrote:
<quoted text>
My god but you are one ignorant lying hater! I'm betting that you have brown eyes and that would explain that you are full of shyte all the way up to them! Reparative therapy simply does not work and the vast majority of psychiatrists and Psychologists highly recommend against such bogus,useless therapy as it can cause great harm to the patient! The very few who claim that it did work are simply in denial and are merely celibate which is not being cured LIAR! Lets see what the experts actually have to say on the subject and it is the complete opposite of your B.S.!
Reparative therapy,does it work? The answer is a simple NO as being gay is an innate condition that does NOT need to be changed!
From the APA!
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexual-o...
Also.....
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/05/gay.to.s...
Or.....
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2000-0...
Shut your ugly pie hole Bill! You need thorazine! A 55 gallon drum! Administered anally! The nurse is ready with your anal purge!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Sup D? The bible thumpers still confused???
Yes, you are still confused Jizybirdy. Check back often for updates.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been explaining to me how clueless they are lately.
Several of them have absolutely no idea that a majority of voters support same sex marriage in the US.
I can only imagine they are standing around slack jawed not comprehending why all these changes are taking place.
I cannot imagine being that misinformed
That's because you are stupid and have no imagination.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that belief in a magic tree, talking snake and a rib woman is a fantasy delusion that distorts peoples moral views is very apparent, it is long past time people stop believing in Santa and grow up
Magic snakes, talking trees and ribs are not off topic but poly MARRIAGE is?
lovey

Gardena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

lick it and stick it
Lonnies

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

How do you do that again?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put simply, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

P.S. I am posting about marriage equality which is NOT off topic like magic trees, ribs etc. that Big D harps on and on about. So hold the whining.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Opponents of gay rights often warn that legalizing same-sex marriage would inexorably lead to legalizing polygamy. Maybe it would, and maybe it should. Denying gay couples the right to marry violates state constitutional guarantees of equality, as the California and Massachusetts high courts have rightly ruled.(The Supreme Court of California also held that the right to marry is fundamental.) Surely Mormons have the same rights to equal treatment under lawóand of course, they have a substantial First Amendment claim to engage in multiple marriages according to the dictates of their faith.

So why is polygamy illegal? Why donít Mormons have the right to enter into multiple marriages sanctified by their church, if not the state? Thereís a short answer to this question but not a very good one: polygamy is illegal and unprotected by the Constitution because the Supreme Court doesnít like it.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít worry if the supreme courts gets it wrong,...
......Big D will fly in to save the day!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, donít be too hard on him. Heís just a very lonely old hater seeking attention. Heís been banned many times, but, keeps coming back. Heís so desperate to interact with people it almost makes me feel sorry for him.
You are a hater and I am not. You are against true marriage equality. Which makes you a hypocrite.

What harm would a consensual marriage of three adult men cause you, hater?

Alright then hypocrite, you mull that over and get back to me if you're not too angry to post.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny! Have no fear! I feel safe now.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Super D!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No Capes!( chuckle )
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
This is what the people voted on, not once but twice.
"Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."
Very simple.....they voted on the definition of marriage. That's it! No rights, or slavery, or majority/minority......
Why is it so controversial for society to have, recognize, privilege, marriage as a union of husband and wife? Because a minority within a sexual minority want their personal intimate same sex sexual relationship called "marriage"?
<quoted text>
It use to be against the law for people of different races to marry just because most people didn't like it. Do you think that made it right?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
It use to be against the law for people of different races to marry just because most people didn't like it. Do you think that made it right?
Exactly, we are talking to people who do not want change, even positive change, they are stuck in the past and cannot see a brighter future, they pine for old days that they see through rose colored glasses.

But the good old days werenít all that good
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put simply, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
P.S. I am posting about marriage equality which is NOT off topic like magic trees, ribs etc. that Big D harps on and on about. So hold the whining.
But heterosexuality isn't illegal, immoral, and it still is socially relevant to marriage.
It seems to me the biggest fear anti-SSM people have is that SSM is going to some how destory heterosexual marriage. Like any fear those who want to stop SSM use that fear to further thier own agenda, and get the frighten masses to have even more fear. Shame on those people
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
But heterosexuality isn't illegal, immoral, and it still is socially relevant to marriage.
It seems to me the biggest fear anti-SSM people have is that SSM is going to some how destory heterosexual marriage. Like any fear those who want to stop SSM use that fear to further thier own agenda, and get the frighten masses to have even more fear. Shame on those people
Yep

I am heterosexual, married, 18,000 same sex couples marrying in California didnít hurt my marriage at all.( shrug )

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 167,781 - 167,800 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance