Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,387)

Showing posts 167,721 - 167,740 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So what should they base their effort "to impose immorality on others"?
LOL how about not pushing immorality on others in the first place.

Hard to do I know, it is the business they are in.

The reason for the decline of religion in America is directly related to their becoming more partisan politically, but that is not a course that is easy for them to change.

Politics is power, and power over others behavior is what religion is all about
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Soon there will be no place for you to spew your filth.
Welcome to 2013 Minnesota.
But you will still be spewing yours until you die. It's your nature.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right.... and I saw Elvis at a bigfoot convention.
That's because you're psychotic. Elvis is dead. And big foot is not real.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are completely clueless as to what is going on in the country... understood
Sure Big D, sure.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But let's not trump a crime as a "hate crime" if its not just to further a political agenda or movement. It's an injustice to the victim.
a "Hate Crime" is simply a way of proving premeditation and forethought, nothing political although the media tries to make it so. It isnít that the punishment is greater, it is the same as any other crime with premeditation and forethought.

"Hate Crime" is a misunderstood concept
ThreeMore

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Just heard 3 more states have signed on for passage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ThreeMore wrote:
Just heard 3 more states have signed on for passage.
With more in the works, Nevada is working to overturn their ban, California's Prop 8 will be dead either this June or in the next election cycle.

Minnesota is up next I think on the fast track, but it is hard to keep up, things are moving quickly

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we all know that hate crimes do occur. In fact, gays experience more hate crimes from other gays by far. Especially black gays.
The fact is, you gays lie and that is duly noted, the Matthew Shepard crime was not a hate crime based on his orientation and what happened to you also was not a crime. It could have escalated to that, but it did not.
Nevertheless, the fact remains that hate crimes against blacks and hate crimes based on religion far exceed hate crimes against gays and that includes the ones in the hands of other gays.
BY the way, Roy and Silo were never gay penguins, they were always a straight. You gays forgot to tell the end of the story, Roy left her platonic friend, Silo, for Chappy, a female penguin.
Once credibility is lost, it can never be returned.
From the U.S. Dept. of Justice...

Hate crime is the violence of intolerance and bigotry, intended to hurt and intimidate someone because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious, sexual orientation, or disability. The purveyors of hate use explosives, arson, weapons, vandalism, physical violence, and VERBAL THREATS OF VIOLENCE to instill fear in their victims, leaving them vulnerable to more attacks and feeling alienated, helpless, suspicious and fearful. Others may become frustrated and angry if they believe the local government and other groups in the community will not protect them.

----------

I guess what happened to my partner and me was a hate crime after all...

As I've said to others, sometimes it helps if you do a minimum of research on an issue before posting. It can help you to avoid looking like a fool.
Rock Hudson

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. It was great! Getting welcome back PM's from these clowns etc. No matter what I said they liked it because they thought I was a member of the club. Then it dawned on someone. Wait a minute...This ain't the real Old SniffsButt Bill! BAM! Disappeared. Even got some hate PMs!
Try it! You'll like it.
Sounds like it was big fun...
:-D
Were those PM's all sappy and shyte? Bunch of gushing nonsense?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
a "Hate Crime" is simply a way of proving premeditation and forethought, nothing political although the media tries to make it so. It isnít that the punishment is greater, it is the same as any other crime with premeditation and forethought.
Common sense is a misunderstood concept to you Big D.
Rock Hudson

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>6? I don't get it. Why ban your opponent? If your cause is right, then you want all to see that your opponent is wrong.
I'm using my greybox tag, as I'm out of state right now, S.C., at a loading dock. The reasons for my bannings are mysteries to me, as the Topix staff have not responded to any of my posts, requesting clarification for said actions. My guess is that, although both sides say profane and hateful things, I'm not in the "Cool Kids Club", the new nationally-approved crew, the group of minorities that is steering our new identity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like it was big fun...
:-D
Were those PM's all sappy and shyte? Bunch of gushing nonsense?
I almost got diabetes from them. Of course I gave them a nice snappy reply!
Rock Hudson

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there were a lot of religious people in the US, but the US was not founded upon any religion, not our constitution, not our laws.
Why donít you go get yourself an island and proclaim your religious country there.
Our founders coined the phrase "Separation of Church and state", The father of the revolution actually signed a document stating that this nation was not in any way founded upon Christianity while he was president.
You go live on your island if you want, I live in the land of the free, a land of justice and equality.
You may be in the wrong country, there are however countries that do enforce their religion, where religion controls the nations laws, perhaps the Taliban is accepting applications.
You wont have your theocracy here.
You can have your island in the middle of the Hurricanes and such.. your imaginary playmate will protect you
We're not the ones that are changing the rules, you are. We liked it the way it was, therefore, you are the ones who need the island, not us. Your statement that it is we who should move is a classic. The obvious analogy here is one of low-class types moving into a nice neighborhood, letting their unruly destroy the neighborhood, and then responding to the long-time residents that if they are unhappy with the neighborhood, they are free to move. We were here first, and I've suggested before that you go and from your own country, and call it "Libertine-istan"... I'll buy you a ticket. One-way, of course.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL how about not pushing immorality on others in the first place.
Hard to do I know, it is the business they are in.
The reason for the decline of religion in America is directly related to their becoming more partisan politically, but that is not a course that is easy for them to change.
Politics is power, and power over others behavior is what religion is all about
And power over everything is what Big D is all about.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not the ones that are changing the rules, you are. We liked it the way it was, therefore, you are the ones who need the island, not us. Your statement that it is we who should move is a classic. The obvious analogy here is one of low-class types moving into a nice neighborhood, letting their unruly destroy the neighborhood, and then responding to the long-time residents that if they are unhappy with the neighborhood, they are free to move. We were here first, and I've suggested before that you go and from your own country, and call it "Libertine-istan"... I'll buy you a ticket. One-way, of course.
Bravo!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we Americans are, we are rejecting big government that tells us who we can marry and who we cannot.

We are removing the influence of the low class and unruly believers in various religions from dictating immorality to everyone else.

If however you want to have your morality dictated to you by a religious controlled government, there are a few still out there in the world, granted that none of them are very well thought of. Or you can buy and island and pray to your imaginary playmate that things go well for you there.

Jim Jones did something similar, you could follow his example

But you wonít dictate immorality to us in this country.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we Americans are, we are rejecting big government that tells us who we can marry and who we cannot.
We are removing the influence of the low class and unruly believers in various religions from dictating immorality to everyone else.
If however you want to have your morality dictated to you by a religious controlled government, there are a few still out there in the world, granted that none of them are very well thought of. Or you can buy and island and pray to your imaginary playmate that things go well for you there.
And you won't either.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Soon there will be no place for you to spew your filth.
Welcome to 2013 Minnesota.
ABC news is fifth? Uhhhhhhh.....l.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So if some points a gun at me and says, "gimme your wallet", that's not as bad if some one points a gun at me and says, "gimme your wallet you dumb wop"?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhhhhh....Big D if Americans are "rejecting big government that tells us who we can marry and who we cannot, why then do they seek a state issued marriage license?
So does mean when you're flying over the city on patrol you'll be wearing nothing but your cape? What should "morality" be based on? Who or what determines what is legally moral?
Some would argue you that legal SSM does just that, dictate immorality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 167,721 - 167,740 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance