Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,188

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191739 May 10, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Please do post the perma link where I posted that I was a Colonel. I guess what I am saying Frank is this. You are a bold faced liar. Nothing new about that.
Colonel, private, mess cook, great big war hero, whatever BS you said, I didn't memorize it you silly jackass!

Anybody can tell big tall tales on an anonymous forum, Jiz, go wild! We believe you.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#191742 May 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But different. A sterile duplicate half of real marriage.
Kind of like calling liberals patriots.
Snicker.
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isnít different, the fact that I consider your marriage a sham and the fact that you consider their marriage a sham is meaningless.
Legally they ( and you ) are married.. period
The legal part is still up for grabs.

The distinctions can't be changed. Even by a law.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191743 May 10, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Never said I was a hero, never said that I was awarded a medal. Frank why do you feel it necessary to bull shiet ?
Neither did I. Beyond saying that my medals are real and Bill's is fake. You are the one who said I was a hero, dummy. Remember?

Why did you feel it necessary to lie?

Location hidden

#191744 May 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Both clever, and funny.
Thank you.

Location hidden

#191745 May 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you ASSume that gay people are sterile? Why do you ASSume that a liberal can not be patriotic? I think perhalps Colin Powell might just disagree.
I assume nothing. A ss couple is mutually incapable of procreation. You really didn't know that?

As to liberals, Benghazi comes to mind today.
The IRS desecrating it's integrity to abuse it's power.
I could go on, just on today's events...

Oh, and Colin Power supported putting a community organizer in charge of two wars and maybe the most serious fiscal crisis we have ever experienced. Racism is the only logical reason he would do so.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#191748 May 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think excluding homosexuals from fighting for us was very stupid. From my experience they make fine soldiers and sailors. Who cares if someone peeks at your little winky dink anyway?
I appreciate your experience. There are other to consider however. I listened today on NPR, of all places, to a woman note the sexual assault of a young male soldier that was so violent, he was hospitalized.

So you are now supporting equality, that men and women soldiers should be housed together because "who cares if someone peeks"?

The fact is, this is where denial leads. I mean both the rise in sexual assaults, and you looking like a fool trying to defend it.

Location hidden

#191749 May 10, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I did a bit of digging on the subject. You might want to look a bit deeper, as you are a complete dumbazz. The rise is attributed to heterosexuals, its in print.
Then why didn't you post your source?

Smile.

Location hidden

#191750 May 10, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I did a bit of digging on the subject. You might want to look a bit deeper, as you are a complete dumbazz. The rise is attributed to heterosexuals, its in print.
By the way, history and I both warned about putting males and females in close quarters. Homosexuality only multiplies the danger.

At the expense of our nation's safety.

Traitorous stupidity.

Location hidden

#191751 May 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a fact, a majority of American voters now approve of same sex marriage in the US. That could not be the case without a tremendous number of heterosexuals ( you and I ) supporting same sex marriage.
Guess what happens to reality when you take a poll on it?

Snicker.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191752 May 10, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>No buddy it was all you. Think back moron
Perhaps you'll post the permalink where I said I was a hero then tough guy.

Chop chop!! Make it snappy jackass!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#191753 May 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I donít have any power at all, I am just laughing at folks that are so frightened of a word.
Marriage from a legal standpoint is a legal contract, that is all it is. There are believers in one religion that feel one way about it, there are believers of other religions that feel another way about it, and none of them agree, there are thousands of Christian and Jewish churches that want to preform same sex marriage.
No one speaks for all of them, and no single religion owns the word "marriage"
The only actual distinction is from the governments perspective, which is a legal contract.
I donít care if it is between opposite sex couples or same sex couples or groups of people ( adults ), heck I donít care if it is non-romantic couples ( elderly ladies that depend on one another )
It makes no difference to me, and does not affect me or my marriage in any way whatsoever.
But I do find it humorous how frightened some people are, by others being given the same rights as they have themselves.
It is just funny to me
Then what is the point? If it means anything and everything, why bother with a legally recognized contract?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#191754 May 10, 2013
Equality Now wrote:
Love is the greatest emotion humans can offer one another. Why restrict a couple's love for one another? It's time that most of the archaic puritan "values" be put to rest.
Why restrict it to couples? Does a person need a license from the state to love? Maybe in Nevada......
Tort

Covina, CA

#191755 May 10, 2013
GOP/Republican's can't get a clear thought rolling if the end of the world depended on it.

Let alone gathering enough sober heads to cast a vote.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191756 May 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why restrict it to couples? Does a person need a license from the state to love? Maybe in Nevada......
I went to the Butt Hutt in Nevada in the late 60's and one of the pretty ladies had a button on that said "Free Love". Not having much money I chose her. When we got to her room I said "This is free, right? Your button says free love." She replied. "The love is free, the sex will cost you $50."

P.S. Gave her $70!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191757 May 10, 2013
Tort wrote:
GOP/Republican's can't get a clear thought rolling if the end of the world depended on it.
Let alone gathering enough sober heads to cast a vote.
Looks like Obama will be throwing Hillary under the bus! Bye bye 2016!

Ding Dong the witch is dead. The wicked witch...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191758 May 10, 2013
Hillary gets run over by the Benghazi bus, just as I told you clowns in November! Thump!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#191759 May 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Same-gender couples do not want to legitimize their relationships through legal marriage to boost their self esteem.
"Legitimize" as in "no longer living in sin", "shacking up", "make honest men and women...uh men and men, and, women and women, out of each other?
As you very well know, there are many protections and benefits that come along with marriage. Many of these benefits and protections have nothing to do with children. Do you agree?
Yes I do.
2.) Regarding marriage between certain relatives... I didn't think that I had to spell it out for you. I am obviously talking about a marriage between siblings or a marriage between parent and child or between a grandparent and grandchild. You know exactly what I mean when I say "unrelated".
Why should siblings be excluded from marriage? If FCM (first cousin marriage) is legal, and SSM is legal in the same state, why ban same sex siblings from the benefits and protections of marriage? No risk of sexual reproduction there. There's no rational reason to argue a woman can marry her female first cousin, but not her sister.
I don't know that I need to explain why it is that same-gender marriage is completely different than incestuous marriage.
That's just it...the difference is not as great as you think it is. Same sex first cousins....same sex siblings......
If you seriously do not understand that there is a vast difference between a someone developing an emotional/physical relationship with a non-relative and someone developing an emotional/physical relationship with a relative, then I don't know that I can help you.
Expain the difference, between same sex first cousin marriage and sibling marriage. Is there really that much of a significant difference to the state?
Suffice it to say that we are not here to discuss incestuous marriages. Any attempts to lead this discussion away from the primary topic--i.e.: same-gender marriage--is nothing more than a distraction.
What are we discussing here, in its simplest form. How marriage is legally defined. If its an exclusive monogamous union of husband and wife, then there's not alot of deviation there. However if its, "Spouses for life"........room for discussion, and definition.
I won't entertain it.
You won't entertain? Oh the humanity! Turn in your Bravo channel membership.....easy there Big V, just kidding.
3.) A marriage is a contract between two consenting, adult, unrelated people. It is not a contract between two people and their offspring. That is why there aren't two separate definitions set aside for people who intend to have children and those who do not intend to have children.
Let's go wtih not close blood relatives, after all first cousins are related. As to the second, marriage is a legal contract that deals with a specific relationship, husband and wife, and yes it references their sexual union. Thus words like "consumation", "marital relations", and let's not forget the concept, "prersumption of paternity" which presumes the husband is the father of any children born within the marital relationship, unless there is evidence to the contrary I beleive.
And with regards to term "civil union"; there are no other identical contracts that provides identical protections and benefits but have different names.
Waitaminit here VeeVee...I believe you're the one who pointed out in a previous post the new institutions and social that exist today, that didn't exist even a few decades ago. Different times, different situations, different solution.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191760 May 10, 2013
The liberal media is finally doing their job on Benghazi, with ABC taking the lead. The shine is off Obama's apple. Hillary's head will roll!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191761 May 10, 2013
Thump! There goes old piano legs!

It's the Clintons vs Obama over who takes the fall for the coverup in Benghazi. Gonna be good sport! The Clintons won't go down easy.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#191762 May 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The liberal media is finally doing their job on Benghazi, with ABC taking the lead. The shine is off Obama's apple. Hillary's head will roll!
It's a coverup. From top to bottom. A gay man is killed. and The Obamaniac and Clinton scream "What does it matter ???"

Just like Watergate.

Time to impeach this bum !

Throw Stumblebum Joe in there.

NEXT !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Sat gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs