Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191502 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is a recent immigrant, he doesnít understand that the US is not a pure democracy
Nah... I think he's just plain ol' STUPID.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191503 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a homophobe. And I support SSM.
Your ridiculous belief that polygamy is not an equal rights issue makes you a bigot and a hypocrite. Not to mention stupid and arrogant. But that's not news.
Equal???????? Still struggling with the concept of basic arithmetic, I see. Incorrigible and unteachable.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191504 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no sense of humor.
You have no sense.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191505 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am like you. A person expressing his opinions.
And my opinions are as valid as yours. And no one is laughing or snickering at them anymore than they are laughing and snickering at yours.
What makes you think your opinions are valid? Because they are YOURS? That isn't what determines validity, fool.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191506 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most straight men don't do anal sex. Most gay men do.
Take a survey, did ya?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191507 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this one- If we broaden the definition of marriage to mean everything, it will mean nothing.
How about this one- If you make up stupid shit, people will think you are stupid.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191508 May 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a homophobe. You are more a homophobe than I.
I can see no compelling reasons not to allow SSM. Heterosexuals are not interested in a same sex marriage just as homosexuals are not interested in an opposite sex marriage. So it IS a special right. Just as opposite sex marriage is now.
I support SSM but there are legitimate arguments against it and to marginalize and disrespect fellow Americans like you do over their wariness of this huge social change is despicable. And to simply dismiss legitimate (although not compelling) arguments by claiming you haven't heard them is arrogant, dishonest and stupid.
You want this radical social change, the burden is on you, not us. We're fine as it is. Tell us why SSM should be allowed, don't insist we tell you why it shouldn't be allowed.
I doubt you understand all this being you are very angry and stupid. But others will.
Sorry. Your arguments are neither legitimate nor compelling. They are simple and naÔve.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#191509 May 9, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that your gyros are gimballed. My life as a heterosexual is defined by my sexuality.
Wow..... how profound. <snark>
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191510 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They like big government, the kind that gets into your bedroom and gets into our womenís reproductive systems and tells you what you can and cannot do.
They want to tell everyone else what they can and cannot do.
Anal Sex is like spinach
A lot of people enjoy spinach
But if someone is forced to have it when they are young, they have a more difficult time enjoying it when they are older.:P
And you like the kind of government that tells you who you can and cannot marry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191511 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal???????? Still struggling with the concept of basic arithmetic, I see. Incorrigible and unteachable.
And you are still struggling with gender identity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191512 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think your opinions are valid? Because they are YOURS? That isn't what determines validity, fool.
And you and Big D aren't who determines validity, fool.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. That is my VALID opinion, your opinion seems too be only that my opinions are not valid.

You have no valid argument against poly marriage. You have no valid arguments period.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191514 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no sense.
You have no argument. Only dumb ad hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191515 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a survey, did ya?
No I researched the numbers. You can too. Please do, if you are not too ignorant to accomplish that simple task.

But you'd rather shoot from the hip and call me stupid as a response. And then say your opinions are valid and mine are not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191516 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this one- If you make up stupid shit, people will think you are stupid.
How about this one- You are stupid. Your posts are nothing but stupid, angry ad hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191517 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. Your arguments are neither legitimate nor compelling. They are simple and naÔve.
Right. If you weren't so stupid and biased you'd notice I said that most arguments against SSM were not compelling. But they are legitimate. Such as if we redefine marriage to mean everything, everyone will be married and it will mean nothing.

Let me predict your response to my legitimate argument- "You are stupid and naive". Why bother? Because you want to vent your anger.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191518 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frank, why do you care about how, when and why gay men have sex? Is that really the topic at hand?
I don't. Sex is fun and healthy with whatever consenting adult(s) you like. You are the only one here struggling with any shame associated with homosex.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191519 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frank, why do you care about how, when and why gay men have sex? Is that really the topic at hand?
He is obsessed with it, I think he was forced to have spinach as a child :)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191520 May 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is obsessed with it, I think he was forced to have spinach as a child :)
Like I said. You have no sense of humor. And absolutely no basis to say I am obsessed with sex. In other words, you are an unfunny liar.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#191521 May 9, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It gets boring wiping the floor with him after a while, just too easy to do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191523 May 9, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>True that. He is always talking about gerbals. WTF is with that?
What's a "gerbal" and why do you bring it up? What do "gerbals" have to do with marriage equality?

Gerbils are the subject of other forums, the ones for fun and joking, perhaps you are lost. This is a thread about the judge overturns the ban on SSM.

Polygamy is off topic but "gerbals" are not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Bucketeers 7,967
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 13 hr do it here 16,011
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]