Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,241 - 167,260 of 200,557 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they're not you. But they do carry your genes, and so are carrying on a piece of you into the next generations.(They may not be like you now but with age related people often have more in common and are more alike than non-related people)
That's nicely put about values, and a very good point.
I will give you that... my daughter has the same obsessive sense of humor, she finds humor in the most inappropriate things... same as me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, all seriousness, do you welcome illegals with open arms?
When did I ever say that? Every person in this country illegally is a criminal. Not an opinion, a fact.

Now deciding how serious this crime is and how we deal with it is where the differences may lay
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is like a little kid doing a play magic act that everyone can see through and we are just laughing and snickering
No, I am like you. A person expressing his opinions.

And my opinions are as valid as yours. And no one is laughing or snickering at them anymore than they are laughing and snickering at yours.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you that... my daughter has the same obsessive sense of humor, she finds humor in the most inappropriate things... same as me.
You have no sense of humor.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mixed up, now, We are not removing pre-existing rights, we are denying the granting of said rights to a non-qualified group that seeks to gain recognition through forced legislation and through the rending of Constitutional processes. Different. you guys seem to enjoy skewing the issue, so as to make your side seem righteous and honorable, whilst you call in the government to step on the rest of us, and then claim that it is our side who is invoking the "Big Government" clause that your side is actually ushering in. And, you lie (demonstrably) about the support base in this country, so as to fool some of us into changing our minds. The whole thing is hogwash.
Yes we did... read up on the subject first, 18,000 same sex couples were married before Prop 8 went into effect. It was a legal right, they legally married, are still legally married today and recognized by the state as married.

That right.. was removed, new same sex couples do not have the same rights as the 18,000 that did marry and are still married.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl Bs.
Many transgendered function just fine without adjustment.
Homosexuality is a defective failure of mating behavior, not only exposed by the failure to mutually procreate, but also by the violent violation of sexual design.
Unlike a transgendered, you are attempting to impose 'surgery' on society to fix your defect. An imposter relationship imposed on marriage, and a pretend duplicated half of parenting at the expense of children.
So much for no negative impact...
Smirk.
<quoted text>
So now you've shifted your losing argument to claiming stupidity...
I don't see anyone not knowing exactly what I am saying, OR having a logical retort if they disagree.
In fact, if you really are confused, please specify which facts I stated you don't understand?
Is it the duplicated half of parenting? Let me make it simple, just for you; God and nature gave every child one mother and one father. A ss couple can only give a child ONE of those, along with a pretend copy, while depriving the child of the other parental role.
As to your claim that I can only understand something is inherently harmful if I experience it, does that include shooting yourself?
Do you honestly believe 1/10th of the bullshit you say on here?
I mean seriously...
Smirk.
God and nature gave every child a mother and a father. No disagreement there...

However, the imperfection of mankind leaves millions of kids without either a mother or a father in many situations.

There are deadbeat fathers and mothers who have nothing to do with their offspring. Sometimes death takes away a parent. Sometimes drugs or alcohol takes away a parent. Sometimes a violent or neglectful parent weakens the ties between a child and his/her parent.

Your "ideal" family is rare. And when it isn't present, somehow, very likely through the grace of God, the kid can persevere. He or she can still manage to be raised to become a happy, fully functioning adult.

And that's where your argument against same-sex parents falls apart. You repeatedly claim that children from same-sex parents are "deprived" and that it will have an everlasting impact on their lives.

But in an imperfect world, sometimes a same-sex parent situation is better than a "no parent situation".

As I have repeatedly argued, it is the skills of the parent that matter most. It is the love and support given to a child that trumps the gender make-up of a the parents; especially in situations where a child has been abandoned or is being mistreated by his or her biological parents.

Finally, to answer your last question; no, you do not have to shoot yourself to know that it is harmful. All you have to do is look around you and know that a gunshot wound to the head is deadly.

But when it comes to anal sex, you should also look around. You should be smart enough to know that millions of people engage in anal sex each day, and yet they manage to live a full and happy life. It doesn't demean them. It doesn't injure them. Men and women engage in it exclusively throughout their entire lives without harm.

But if you, personally, don't want to engage in it, that's fine. Otherwise, it's none of your business.

That's your problem... You're always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. You want to stop same-sex couples or gay individuals from being able to raise kids. And you want to stop people from being able to engage in a type of sexual activity that has been practiced by both genders for eons.

These things that other adults do are simply none of you business. Just walk on by. Let others live their lives the way they see fit.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
God and nature gave every child a mother and a father. No disagreement there...
However, the imperfection of mankind leaves millions of kids without either a mother or a father in many situations.
There are deadbeat fathers and mothers who have nothing to do with their offspring. Sometimes death takes away a parent. Sometimes drugs or alcohol takes away a parent. Sometimes a violent or neglectful parent weakens the ties between a child and his/her parent.
Your "ideal" family is rare. And when it isn't present, somehow, very likely through the grace of God, the kid can persevere. He or she can still manage to be raised to become a happy, fully functioning adult.
And that's where your argument against same-sex parents falls apart. You repeatedly claim that children from same-sex parents are "deprived" and that it will have an everlasting impact on their lives.
But in an imperfect world, sometimes a same-sex parent situation is better than a "no parent situation".
As I have repeatedly argued, it is the skills of the parent that matter most. It is the love and support given to a child that trumps the gender make-up of a the parents; especially in situations where a child has been abandoned or is being mistreated by his or her biological parents.
Finally, to answer your last question; no, you do not have to shoot yourself to know that it is harmful. All you have to do is look around you and know that a gunshot wound to the head is deadly.
But when it comes to anal sex, you should also look around. You should be smart enough to know that millions of people engage in anal sex each day, and yet they manage to live a full and happy life. It doesn't demean them. It doesn't injure them. Men and women engage in it exclusively throughout their entire lives without harm.
But if you, personally, don't want to engage in it, that's fine. Otherwise, it's none of your business.
That's your problem... You're always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. You want to stop same-sex couples or gay individuals from being able to raise kids. And you want to stop people from being able to engage in a type of sexual activity that has been practiced by both genders for eons.
These things that other adults do are simply none of you business. Just walk on by. Let others live their lives the way they see fit.
They like big government, the kind that gets into your bedroom and gets into our women’s reproductive systems and tells you what you can and cannot do.

They want to tell everyone else what they can and cannot do.

Anal Sex is like spinach

A lot of people enjoy spinach

But if someone is forced to have it when they are young, they have a more difficult time enjoying it when they are older.:P
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is a recent immigrant, he doesn’t understand that the US is not a pure democracy
Nah... I think he's just plain ol' STUPID.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a homophobe. And I support SSM.
Your ridiculous belief that polygamy is not an equal rights issue makes you a bigot and a hypocrite. Not to mention stupid and arrogant. But that's not news.
Equal???????? Still struggling with the concept of basic arithmetic, I see. Incorrigible and unteachable.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no sense of humor.
You have no sense.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am like you. A person expressing his opinions.
And my opinions are as valid as yours. And no one is laughing or snickering at them anymore than they are laughing and snickering at yours.
What makes you think your opinions are valid? Because they are YOURS? That isn't what determines validity, fool.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most straight men don't do anal sex. Most gay men do.
Take a survey, did ya?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this one- If we broaden the definition of marriage to mean everything, it will mean nothing.
How about this one- If you make up stupid shit, people will think you are stupid.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a homophobe. You are more a homophobe than I.
I can see no compelling reasons not to allow SSM. Heterosexuals are not interested in a same sex marriage just as homosexuals are not interested in an opposite sex marriage. So it IS a special right. Just as opposite sex marriage is now.
I support SSM but there are legitimate arguments against it and to marginalize and disrespect fellow Americans like you do over their wariness of this huge social change is despicable. And to simply dismiss legitimate (although not compelling) arguments by claiming you haven't heard them is arrogant, dishonest and stupid.
You want this radical social change, the burden is on you, not us. We're fine as it is. Tell us why SSM should be allowed, don't insist we tell you why it shouldn't be allowed.
I doubt you understand all this being you are very angry and stupid. But others will.
Sorry. Your arguments are neither legitimate nor compelling. They are simple and naïve.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that your gyros are gimballed. My life as a heterosexual is defined by my sexuality.
Wow..... how profound. <snark>
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They like big government, the kind that gets into your bedroom and gets into our women’s reproductive systems and tells you what you can and cannot do.
They want to tell everyone else what they can and cannot do.
Anal Sex is like spinach
A lot of people enjoy spinach
But if someone is forced to have it when they are young, they have a more difficult time enjoying it when they are older.:P
And you like the kind of government that tells you who you can and cannot marry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal???????? Still struggling with the concept of basic arithmetic, I see. Incorrigible and unteachable.
And you are still struggling with gender identity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think your opinions are valid? Because they are YOURS? That isn't what determines validity, fool.
And you and Big D aren't who determines validity, fool.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. That is my VALID opinion, your opinion seems too be only that my opinions are not valid.

You have no valid argument against poly marriage. You have no valid arguments period.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no sense.
You have no argument. Only dumb ad hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a survey, did ya?
No I researched the numbers. You can too. Please do, if you are not too ignorant to accomplish that simple task.

But you'd rather shoot from the hip and call me stupid as a response. And then say your opinions are valid and mine are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr facts faced 15,929
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Tue Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Green Soilent 4,975
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Mon Commander Bunny 8
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Sun Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at August 20 at 7:00AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••