Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,354)

Showing posts 167,061 - 167,080 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you want to make a wager on whether polygamy will be legal when prop 8 is overturned?
What you are saying is like saying that Murder was banned when assault weapons were banned.
Those darn gun control hippies banned Murder!
What don't you understand about ONE man ONE woman?

Prop 8 bans polygamy too. If the other laws against polygamy were repealed but prop 8 was still in force would polygamy be legal?

A simple yes or no please.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Praise Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally think, from what I have read, the reason you refuse to give a position on poly marriage is because you want this with your homosexual marriages adding to the enormous list of special rights and privileges that supersede heterosexuals. You were married to a man at one time and father children with you so why not be married to both.
The reason Rose_NoHo refuses to disclose her position on polygamy is that she doesn't want to reveal her hypocrisy in supporting same sex marriage but not poly marriage.

She knows she's a hypocrite but doesn't want us to know.
Poo Dunks

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Risso, your mother called and said get off the computer and go home!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Poo Dunks wrote:
Frankie Risso, your mother called and said get off the computer and go home!
My mother died 35 years ago.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl.
WE were discussing both the history of marriage AND homosexuality. The article related to the later. I've never asserted that GLBT wasn't present at a defect rate of about 4%.
Epi-markers are 'normally' erased. They weren't fully erased in the case of homosexuals. Unbiased persons would term that a 'mistake'.
Scientists have NOT determined that homosexuality is a normal orientation. That is the whole point of the article. Some psychologists have made an assertion unvalidated by scientists.
Keep trying...
Smile.
If scientists determine that homosexuality is related to epi-genetics, then that's fine. They will have in their possession an answer to the question, "How are homosexuals created?"

But it will not in any way indicate that homosexuals are a "defect".

In order for someone to be defective, then that person either has to be unable to function in society.

Gays are integrated in society. We do everything that straight people do.

Here's what the American Psychological Association says about homosexuality... "Both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience."

Furthermore:
--The American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses in 1973.
--The American Law Institute continually updates its Model Penal Code, which is a group of laws that they suggest be implemented at the state level. They recommend to legislators: "that private sexual behavior between consenting adults should be removed from the list of crimes and thereby legalized."
--The American Bar Association in 1974 expressed its approval of the Model Penal Code, including its decriminalization of consensual adult homosexual acts.
--The World Health Organization removed homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses in 1981.
--The American Medical Association (AMA) released a report in 1994-DEC which calls for "nonjudgmental recognition of sexual orientation by physicians. They also changed their definition of homosexuality to that of a "normal variant" (like being left handed) rather than as a "disease."
--The Academy of Pediatrics and the Council on Child and Adolescent Health have also stated that homosexuality is not a choice and cannot be changed.

So I guess scientists HAVE decided that homosexuality is normal after all.

Your arrogance will be your undoing. That you believe you know something that all of these professional organizations do not is the very definition of "delusions of grandeur".

I've said this many times to you... You really should look things up before you get on here and make an ass of yourself.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If scientists determine that homosexuality is related to epi-genetics, then that's fine. They will have in their possession an answer to the question, "How are homosexuals created?"
You are talking to nut jobs, you would do better to say "God created homosexuals"

Then let them go argue with their imaginary playmate

It will be like watching them run around in circles with one foot nailed to the floor
sandy

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I want to say thanks to agumagu spell temple for everything so far. To everyone who doesn&#8217;t believe in spell, I was one of those ones at first. I wasn&#8217;t quite sure if I wanted to do this since I&#8217;ve tried others so-called spells casters and they did not work and was a waste of my time and money. However, when I read through the testimonials of other people at this website and after I talked to Dr Agumagu who answered all my questions and was very nice about everything, I decided to give it a try. I figured it would be my last try to get my guy back. So my story is that I was at my office when the guy I am in love with told me that he wasn&#8217;t in love with me and never will be and that he didn&#8217;t want to speak or see me again, especially since he was talking to this other girl. When I talked to Dr Agumagu, he let me know which spells would be most appropriate for me and I chose the ones that was to get him back to me and stay with me and want to marry me. As soon as he started on the spells, my guy came back into my life! It was a miracle to me and I&#8217;m so thankful for that. Things have been going well, and pretty much according to what Dr Agumagu the spell is done. I&#8217;m still waiting for the spells to completely manifest, but with all that has happened so far I&#8217;m very happy because given only four months ago in March, if you asked me or my friends if I would have anticipated how things were right now&#8230;no one would believe it! Lara. To contact him agumaguspelltemple@gmail. com
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking to nut jobs, you would do better to say "God created homosexuals"
Then let them go argue with their imaginary playmate
It will be like watching them run around in circles with one foot nailed to the floor
"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "

"Imaginary playmate Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.(from the imaginary playmate!)
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
Imaginary playmate bless America, My home sweet home."

It's just not the same.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I have never heard anyone refer to God as a "playmate" before Big D.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Congratulations to supporters of same sex marriage, the 11th state is now confirmed, kudos to Delaware!
Praise Jesus

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason Rose_NoHo refuses to disclose her position on polygamy is that she doesn't want to reveal her hypocrisy in supporting same sex marriage but not poly marriage.
She knows she's a hypocrite but doesn't want us to know.
I agree and personally think, from what I have read, NoHo and Native want a male to be part of their marriage now.
MoMo idS

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Passing the buck and getting nothing but Mormon id's.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
From my understanding, you are clueless. From what I have read you are full of shat. Thanks ever so much for playing today.
Why so mad Jizzy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MoMo idS wrote:
Passing the buck and getting nothing but Mormon id's.
Aw shuddup you silly jackass.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Praise Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and these morons don't comprehend that but the homosexuals are suing everyone now for special rights and privileges that supersede heterosexuals to have the fear factor over our society.
Homosexuals are NOT "suing everyone now for special rights and privileges that supersede heterosexuals to have the fear factor over our society."

Right now, SCOTUS is considering whether California's Prop 8, and the federal government's DOMA statute are constitutional. They will render a written decision which could come at any time no later than June 28, 2013, so we will know i no more than 51 days what SCOTUS's opinion on the issues are.

NO ONE is "suing everyone now". And even if they were, filing a lawsuit is a RIGHT of every American. So quit your bellyachin !
Praise Jesus

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are NOT "suing everyone now for special rights and privileges that supersede heterosexuals to have the fear factor over our society."
Right now, SCOTUS is considering whether California's Prop 8, and the federal government's DOMA statute are constitutional. They will render a written decision which could come at any time no later than June 28, 2013, so we will know i no more than 51 days what SCOTUS's opinion on the issues are.
NO ONE is "suing everyone now". And even if they were, filing a lawsuit is a RIGHT of every American. So quit your bellyachin !
I personally think, from what I have read, you are not aware that the homosexual cult are fighting to be seen as a protected class in this country.
Praise Jesus

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so mad Jizzy?
I have noticed, from what I have read, you post this Jizzy often. What are you referring to?
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not just have a coming out party you idiot !!!
Too funny shitzo. You are the fruit of fruits
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so mad? Your wheel chair busted? Butt plug worn out? Frank what is it?
Frank is mad because he can't get married in California. LMAO

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Praise Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and these morons don't comprehend that but the homosexuals are suing everyone now for special rights and privileges that supersede heterosexuals to have the fear factor over our society.
Uhhhhh...."fear factor"?......isn't that a TV show?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 167,061 - 167,080 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance