Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,001 - 167,020 of 200,344 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Madone! They voted on a definition of marriage as a union of one MAN AND one WOMAN. That's it. Where is your patriotism on that? So the voters of California who voted TWICE to define marriage as it was understood in the state, and you argue "we are not an Athenian style democracy"? Patriotic Americans went to the polls and declared legal marriage to be a....... are you ready for this radical idea? A union of husband and wife! Where the heck did they get such a crazy idea. Before ya know it some tofu eating tree hugger will claim sex between men and women makes babies.
What's radical is the belief that the majority thinks it gets to deny rights to the minority.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Mathew629 wrote:
I think it's a sad day when a "Judge" can over take a majority vote, but still have swear before GOD to tell the truth. Are they not trying to be on both sides of the fence. Maybe there the ones in closet? Why does are money say in GOD we trust? Why is it every court room? HMMMMMM Where in the Bible does it say Adam and Steve? But it does say that Homosexual activity is an ABOMINATION. Just word up for you confused people out there that want have sex with your brother or sister...I know, how about we make it legal to have 20 wives, marry my mother and sleep with Dad...just as stupid
It's called judicial review, dumbass. That's the way our country works. Your Buybull is irrelevant to this discussion, or did you not learn about separation of church and State either?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Madone! They voted on a definition of marriage as a union of one MAN AND one WOMAN. That's it. Where is your patriotism on that? So the voters of California who voted TWICE to define marriage as it was understood in the state, and you argue "we are not an Athenian style democracy"? Patriotic Americans went to the polls and declared legal marriage to be a....... are you ready for this radical idea? A union of husband and wife! Where the heck did they get such a crazy idea. Before ya know it some tofu eating tree hugger will claim sex between men and women makes babies.
Can you say Delaware?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly insufferable.
Tell us again how you are FOR gay marriage..........

We believe you..... sure we do....
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
What's radical is the belief that the majority thinks it gets to deny rights to the minority.
TESTIFY! Is there a whole new generation of people that are completely clueless as to how our system works? Ah..... the consequences of hom skooling.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there was one out of the 5 so far that didnt agree... but I am not keeping count
I take holidays off, Saturnalia is one of my favorite holidays, you know the holiday they took over when they moved the birthdate because they could not stop people from decorating trees in their house and giving gifts for saturnalia. If you canít beat em, join em I suppose.
Yes thousands, they do preform the ceremonies, but want them as legally valid as the other marriages they perform.
Ministers/rabbis/pastors/pries ts can ONLY marry with the blessings of the State. They can't pronounce you "married" unless you have a license/certificate from the State. That is one reason why the word 'marriage' is important. Marriage is a LEGAL contract. A so-called 'religious marriage' is just a ceremony.... and they aren't called marriages. They're called "commitment ceremonies" or "spiritual unions." Besides, in the eyes of the 'God of the buybull,' if you have sex with someone, you are then married to them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again how you are FOR gay marriage..........
We believe you..... sure we do....
As if I care what an angry dope such as yourself believes!

Too funny! That's why I love you clowns.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Ministers/rabbis/pastors/pries ts can ONLY marry with the blessings of the State. They can't pronounce you "married" unless you have a license/certificate from the State. That is one reason why the word 'marriage' is important. Marriage is a LEGAL contract. A so-called 'religious marriage' is just a ceremony.... and they aren't called marriages. They're called "commitment ceremonies" or "spiritual unions." Besides, in the eyes of the 'God of the buybull,' if you have sex with someone, you are then married to them.
Really? WOW!

What a silly jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>TESTIFY! Is there a whole new generation of people that are completely clueless as to how our system works? Ah..... the consequences of hom skooling.
Agree. They can't even spell "home schooling".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax Musty Old China. The people voted, not once , but twice to define marriage as a union of one man and one woman. That's it. Not really that difficult. Every man, as well as every woman, posses the same right to marry in accordance with the definition the people voted on.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Good God, where are your reasoning skills? Did you ever take a basic philosophy class? Have you had any exposure to scientific reasoning?
The author of the piece that you cited gave several possible explanations for the presence of homosexuality in our society. None of them are conclusive.
Try to find out why it is that some people have blonde hair while others ...rtain of the purpose of hair color, should we assume that anyone with blonde or red hair is a defective aberration?
You cannot arrive at this conclusion.
2.) Gays have been identified in over 130 Native American and Canadian First Nations communities. They were called "berdaches" by some. We know them today as "Two Spirits". Their roles included:
--healers or medicine persons
--conveyors of oral traditions and songs (Yuki)
--foretellers of the future (Winnebago, Oglala Lakota)
--conferrers of lucky names on children or adults (Oglala Lakota, Tohono O'odham)
--nurses during war expeditions
--potters (Zuni, Navajo, Tohono O'odham)
--matchmakers (Cheyenne, Omaha, Oglala Lakota)
--makers of feather regalia for dances (Maidu)
--special role players in the Sun Dance (Crow, Hidatsa, Oglala Lakota)
"In the ancient Assyrian society, if a man were to have sex with another man of equal status or a cult prostitute, it was thought that trouble will leave him and he will have good fortune. Some ancient religious Assyrian texts contain prayers for divine blessings on homosexual relationships. Freely pictured art of anal intercourse, practiced as part of a religious ritual, dated from the 3rd millennium B.C and onwards. Homosexuality was an integral part of temple life in parts of Mesopotamia."
"Homosexuality in China, known as the passions of the cut peach and various other euphemisms has been recorded since approximately 600 BCE. Homosexuality was mentioned in many famous works of Chinese literature.
Homosexuality has been acknowledged in China since ancient times. Scholar Pan Guangdan came to the conclusion that nearly every emperor in the Han Dynasty had one or more male sex partners."
"According to Aristotle, although most "belligerent nations" were strongly influenced by their women, the Celts were unusual because their men openly preferred male lovers."
"In many societies of Melanesia, especially in Papua New Guinea, same-sex relationships were, until the middle of the last century, an integral part of the culture. The Etoro and Marind-anim for example, even viewed heterosexuality as sinful and celebrated homosexuality instead."
-------
And don't get me started on homosexuality in modern culture. Obviously homosexuality is considered by scientists to be a normal orientation along the continuum of human sexual expression.
Finally, your link is broken... I attempted to read whatever article you placed in your post, but I reached an "error page".
Try again...
1. The article cites OLD ideas that science has discounted. It concludes with the observation that an answer should have been found long ago. Instead, no purpose for homosexuality has been found. That means the most likely answer is a defect. Something epi-genetics is asserting.

2. We've been down this road before. I've posted the earliest records of berdaches and read them. Aside from roles you listed that have no roots in history, the others are one time notes or rumors that history records. However, the most often role of Indian transvestites is as the term denotes, male prostitutes. They were most often passed around, abused and mocked. You only confirm what I noted. Societal rejection of homosexuality is cross cultural.

3. The assertion you made was that gay marriage was prevalent. You simply noted the presence of homosexuality. Again, the actual record of gay 'marriages' can be counted on one hand.

Smile.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

We'll know in less than 52 days.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
And again if the majority of brown eyed people voted to deny rights to blue eyed people that too would be tossed out for being unconstitutional, and if the vote happens again, you donít have the votes to keep it in place anymore anyway
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The article cites OLD ideas that science has discounted. It concludes with the observation that an answer should have been found long ago. Instead, no purpose for homosexuality has been found. That means the most likely answer is a defect. Something epi-genetics is asserting.
2. We've been down this road before. I've posted the earliest records of berdaches and read them. Aside from roles you listed that have no roots in history, the others are one time notes or rumors that history records. However, the most often role of Indian transvestites is as the term denotes, male prostitutes. They were most often passed around, abused and mocked. You only confirm what I noted. Societal rejection of homosexuality is cross cultural.
3. The assertion you made was that gay marriage was prevalent. You simply noted the presence of homosexuality. Again, the actual record of gay 'marriages' can be counted on one hand.
Smile.
Today the number of same sex marrages would have to be counted on thousands of hands :)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Today the number of same sex marrages would have to be counted on thousands of hands :)
They are not real marriages.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic? You mean like this?
Rose_NoHo wrote: "If one could doesn't spawn humanity will die out?"
What a dope.
I was a typo, "If one couple doesn't spawn, humanity will die out?"

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic? You mean like this?
Rose_NoHo wrote: "If one could doesn't spawn humanity will die out?"
What a dope.
Opps.
It was a typo, "If one couple doesn't spawn, humanity will die out?"

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I said nothing about changing homosexuality. I simply exposed your lie, science can still find no valid reason for homosexuality, leaving it a defective sexual aberration.
2. You denied that homosexuality is a recognized defect in cultures across human history. I simply asked you to name one where that is not so.
In fact, here is an interesting expose
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-presi... -
of-apa-says-organization-contr olled-by-gay-rights-movement/
Smile.
Life site news!?
LOL.
Chimerism is a recognized defect, right?
:)

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Amen, sister friend. But what do you expect from someone who can't even determine that this topic is NOT about polygamy? He's clearly retarded.
Exactly!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about Frankie either sister friend. But what do you expect from an angry idiot?
Exactly what you post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 8 hr snodder 2,252
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Sun Ron 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 23 AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 23 Shellys Husband is Strong 635
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••