Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,961 - 166,980 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Kipkay risso wrote:
Freaky Rizzo who bothers to read yuyr rants?
NO ONE.
You do dummy. And obviously Rose_NoHo and X_Box do too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> Well that would make it NATURAL, now wouldn't it?
Very good sister friend! And now we can move on to your next lesson.
Kipkay

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Wouldn't bother so why do you, leave this idiot alone who keeps posting "Mormon &Muslim Anti-marriage" religious spewing C. R. A. P..
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do dummy. And obviously Rose_NoHo and X_Box do too.
Yeah... you're right up there with Hemmingway, and just as high.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry.... you are still the queen of silly. stupid silly.
Thank you! You are still the Duchess of Dopes. Ain't we grand!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Kipkay wrote:
Wouldn't bother so why do you, leave this idiot alone who keeps posting "Mormon Anti marriage" religious spewing C. R. A. P..
Looks like I picked up a new fan! And you say no one reads my posts. See how stupid you are?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah... you're right up there with Hemmingway, and just as high.
Even if I were high, I could just wait a few hours and be straight. So in a few hours I would be straight, but you would still be stupid.

Or as sister friend Rose_NoHo puts it "Even if that were true, it's a non issue."
MetKey

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Someone take the can key away from Rizzio's, they keep getting out of the SPAM CAN.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

MetKey wrote:
Someone take the can key away from Rizzio's, they keep getting out of the SPAM CAN.
We kept trying to get him back on his meds, but have given up.

Best to just not encourage him
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We kept trying to get him back on his meds, but have given up.
Best to just not encourage him
Get him back on his meds ha ha so funny.

Great new buddy you have there. What's his name?
Mathew629

Crested Butte, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

I think it's a sad day when a "Judge" can over take a majority vote, but still have swear before GOD to tell the truth. Are they not trying to be on both sides of the fence. Maybe there the ones in closet? Why does are money say in GOD we trust? Why is it every court room? HMMMMMM Where in the Bible does it say Adam and Steve? But it does say that Homosexual activity is an ABOMINATION. Just word up for you confused people out there that want have sex with your brother or sister...I know, how about we make it legal to have 20 wives, marry my mother and sleep with Dad...just as stupid
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Mathew629 wrote:
I think it's a sad day when a "Judge" can over take a majority vote, but still have swear before GOD to tell the truth. Are they not trying to be on both sides of the fence. Maybe there the ones in closet? Why does are money say in GOD we trust? Why is it every court room? HMMMMMM Where in the Bible does it say Adam and Steve? But it does say that Homosexual activity is an ABOMINATION. Just word up for you confused people out there that want have sex with your brother or sister...I know, how about we make it legal to have 20 wives, marry my mother and sleep with Dad...just as stupid
Not "A judge" but nearly every judge that has looked at the case so far agrees it is not constitutional, and a growing number of voters now agree, into the majority of voters now. Even if the Supreme Court does not make the right decision, it is now a simple matter to put it back on the ballot and Prop 8 will fall like a brick.

Religion is an abomination, but we put up with you

You are free to make all the rules you want for whatever sect of religion you belong to, but you are not going to set the rules for people not of your religion, just as we will not let some other religion set rules for you.

There are literally thousands of churches out there that want to preform same sex marriage, where is your outrage for their religious freedom?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Mathew629 wrote:
By the way,, I have been to court on a Jury lately, they donít have you swear to any God or put your hand on any religious book, they just have you affirm you will tell the truth.

No mention of anyoneís god or goddesses or volcanos or whatever deity you want to believe in
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Mathew629 wrote:
Why not?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "A judge" but nearly every judge that has looked at the case so far agrees it is not constitutional, and a growing number of voters now agree, into the majority of voters now. Even if the Supreme Court does not make the right decision, it is now a simple matter to put it back on the ballot and Prop 8 will fall like a brick.
How many are "nearly"?
Religion is an abomination, but we put up with you
You are free to make all the rules you want for whatever sect of religion you belong to, but you are not going to set the rules for people not of your religion, just as we will not let some other religion set rules for you.
So u won't be taking Christmas as a day off from work?
There are literally thousands of churches out there that want to preform same sex marriage, where is your outrage for their religious freedom?
"Thousands"? Really? So who is stopping them from performing a religious wedding ceremony?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Good God, where are your reasoning skills? Did you ever take a basic philosophy class? Have you had any exposure to scientific reasoning?
The author of the piece that you cited gave several possible explanations for the presence of homosexuality in our society. None of them are conclusive.
Try to find out why it is that some people have blonde hair while others don't. Scientists aren't sure. They believe that fair skin and hair colors developed fairly recently--within the past 50,000 years. But they are not sure as to why this occurred.
Since scientists aren't certain of the purpose of hair color, should we assume that anyone with blonde or red hair is a defective aberration?
You cannot arrive at this conclusion.
2.) Gays have been identified in over 130 Native American and Canadian First Nations communities. They were called "berdaches" by some. We know them today as "Two Spirits". Their roles included:
--healers or medicine persons
--conveyors of oral traditions and songs (Yuki)
--foretellers of the future (Winnebago, Oglala Lakota)
--conferrers of lucky names on children or adults (Oglala Lakota, Tohono O'odham)
--nurses during war expeditions
--potters (Zuni, Navajo, Tohono O'odham)
--matchmakers (Cheyenne, Omaha, Oglala Lakota)
--makers of feather regalia for dances (Maidu)
--special role players in the Sun Dance (Crow, Hidatsa, Oglala Lakota)
"In the ancient Assyrian society, if a man were to have sex with another man of equal status or a cult prostitute, it was thought that trouble will leave him and he will have good fortune. Some ancient religious Assyrian texts contain prayers for divine blessings on homosexual relationships. Freely pictured art of anal intercourse, practiced as part of a religious ritual, dated from the 3rd millennium B.C and onwards. Homosexuality was an integral part of temple life in parts of Mesopotamia."
"Homosexuality in China, known as the passions of the cut peach and various other euphemisms has been recorded since approximately 600 BCE. Homosexuality was mentioned in many famous works of Chinese literature.
Homosexuality has been acknowledged in China since ancient times. Scholar Pan Guangdan came to the conclusion that nearly every emperor in the Han Dynasty had one or more male sex partners."
"According to Aristotle, although most "belligerent nations" were strongly influenced by their women, the Celts were unusual because their men openly preferred male lovers."
"In many societies of Melanesia, especially in Papua New Guinea, same-sex relationships were, until the middle of the last century, an integral part of the culture. The Etoro and Marind-anim for example, even viewed heterosexuality as sinful and celebrated homosexuality instead."
-------
And don't get me started on homosexuality in modern culture. Obviously homosexuality is considered by scientists to be a normal orientation along the continuum of human sexual expression.
Finally, your link is broken... I attempted to read whatever article you placed in your post, but I reached an "error page".
Try again...
True there are scattered historical examples of recognized same sex unions, not all were deemed "marriage", however, "gay marriage" is a modern western invention. Also same sex sexual behavior is not new. Why was there no sustained, with deep historical roots, cross cultural, cross time practice of same sex marriage, at least in Western Civilization?
ITs A blast

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

News reporters from Persian reporter:

Local residents heard blasts in Iranian capital in an area where Iran carries out missile research and storage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How many are "nearly"?
<quoted text>
So u won't be taking Christmas as a day off from work?
<quoted text>
"Thousands"? Really? So who is stopping them from performing a religious wedding ceremony?
I think there was one out of the 5 so far that didnt agree... but I am not keeping count

I take holidays off, Saturnalia is one of my favorite holidays, you know the holiday they took over when they moved the birthdate because they could not stop people from decorating trees in their house and giving gifts for saturnalia. If you canít beat em, join em I suppose.

Yes thousands, they do preform the ceremonies, but want them as legally valid as the other marriages they perform.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare'a wrote;
2. A ss couple ALWAYS deprives a child of one parental role. To do so deliberately should be criminal. It is narcissistically diabolical.
Stocking wrote:
I would say most couples having children has some basis in narcissism.
<quoted text>
In other words, you assert every couple having children does so with a narcissistic intent, therefore justifying a narcissistic ss couple depriving a child of one parent. Really?
How do you think the child will feel about that?
I hoped to find a reasoned response with you, but the denial and avoidance is so disappointing again.
'Every couple... with a narcissistic intent' makes it sound malicious. No. But I do think there is a certain amount (however much that may be will be vastly variable) involved. People often express having children in ways which suggest it for what it is - reproduction. To want to reproduce yourselves is a just a touch narcissistic; as is wanting a part of yourself to live on in the future as an abstract way of immortality. No, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and wanting to do so is a natural instinct and being enough narcissistic to think of oneself as alright enough to contribute to another is very psychologically healthy. It's merely a suggestion of one (one of many) reasons people wish to have children.
There are many ways of 'depriving' a child of a parent not just SS and not just the physical absence from that child's life. It isn't a perfect world and relationships aren't perfect. With any perceived disadvantage to that child there are always (often unanticipated) advantages within the uniqueness of each persons upbringing. To say it's wrong per-se is to over generalise, I think. Sometimes unidealised conditions (within a limited reasonable amount, ie, not talking about abuse/neglect) is character building and makes for uniqueness. And no I don't see a SSM producing abuse/neglect as you seem to. I really don't imagine the two can be comparable. Like I said before, may be one of the problems of adjustment a child has with two SS parents is society's attitude to it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
'Every couple... with a narcissistic intent' makes it sound malicious. No. But I do think there is a certain amount (however much that may be will be vastly variable) involved. People often express having children in ways which suggest it for what it is - reproduction. To want to reproduce yourselves is a just a touch narcissistic; as is wanting a part of yourself to live on in the future as an abstract way of immortality. No, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and wanting to do so is a natural instinct and being enough narcissistic to think of oneself as alright enough to contribute to another is very psychologically healthy. It's merely a suggestion of one (one of many) reasons people wish to have children.
There are many ways of 'depriving' a child of a parent not just SS and not just the physical absence from that child's life. It isn't a perfect world and relationships aren't perfect. With any perceived disadvantage to that child there are always (often unanticipated) advantages within the uniqueness of each persons upbringing. To say it's wrong per-se is to over generalise, I think. Sometimes unidealised conditions (within a limited reasonable amount, ie, not talking about abuse/neglect) is character building and makes for uniqueness. And no I don't see a SSM producing abuse/neglect as you seem to. I really don't imagine the two can be comparable. Like I said before, may be one of the problems of adjustment a child has with two SS parents is society's attitude to it.
Narcissistic intent? LOL ( I will have to remember that one )

My children are not me, nor are or were they ever my property, nor my wife for that matter, if my intent was to create a duplicate of myself it was a dismal failure, or better, a fantastic success that they are not me.

Of course all my children support same sex marriage, because we taught them proper values, freedom, equality and justice, they are patriots, and support those values like all patriots do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr RiccardoFire 15,932
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr Either Or 4,992
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... 15 hr Dr_Zorderz 16
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Aug 18 Mudflys to 7,901
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 17 Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE