Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,150

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190915 May 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The world our ancestors lived in when the Constitution as drafted is much different than the world we live in today.
I happen to believe that the Constitution is a living document that is dynamic. It is open to interpretation depending on the time and culture of our country.
I'm hardly alone in my beliefs.
You try to look at the Constitution through the eyes of the founding fathers. You can't do that with a 21st century mindset.
The fact of the matter is that much of this country's recent focus has been on equality. For decades we have focused on racial equality, gender equality, and equality for the disabled.
We now recognize inequality when we see it.
It's ridiculous to go through a long and arduous process in order to provide equal rights to other minorities. Why should minorities wait until the majority decides their fate?
You may think that activist judges are out of control. But as I've pointed out, who cares what you THINK.
You are one of a bit over 300,000,000 people living in this country. It's not your playpen.
If you don't like the way the country is being managed, by all means get out!
In the meantime the rest of us will work the system to get the rights that we believe we deserve NOW. We aren't going to wait decades for the rest of you to play catch-up.
the Constitution wasn't drafted, so that social trends could invalidate the inconvenient parts. It was written to stand for the duration of this country. The Constitution isn't alive, it doesn't have any opinions. Duh... We don't have to try, we use our eyes, at all, and see that it is being shredded, as inconvenient to certain groups, and we see them destroying it, and our protections and critical processes. 21st century, or not. Ridiculous, eh? Why waste time, doing it by the book, when the book can be discarded, right? We don't think that they are out of control, we know that power has been misused. No lack of control there, just the wrong use of that control, to destroy the country that we were born into, and you say that WE may leave it, if WE don't like what is happening? Screw you, go and soil up your own pigpen, leave our alone. You may have the right to soil your own spaces, but you have no right to defile common territory.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190916 May 4, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The public doesn't "think" like you do. The majority will continue to support equality , particularly since more and more people in the public eye are coming out. Our cause is now the public's cause and you have been left in the dust. Don't believe me? Just ask Kimare. Zhe knows that the battle, and the war, are over.
The public doesn't care. This is easily proven, and is often pointed out, by me. Propaganda is all your side has, idiot. We know this.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190917 May 4, 2013
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but people are more than their bodies (machine parts). An aircraft does not have feelings.
A genetic mutation or a sexuality differentiation does not make a person less valid, and I don't agree that anyone ought to think so. True, those who are not procreating are not serving that aspect of the species; but then who's to say it isn't part of nature's design to limit itself. Besides, gay couples can have children in various ways if they choose.
I don't have a haunting, I was wondering if you did! Like I said before if you're happy calling yourself a monster then that's Ok. I would wonder about Anybody who called themselves by a derogatory term.
No, reality doesn't need the law to exist, but the law is part of reality. The reality is if the law says marriage includes SS then it does. Marriage is a legal document and definition not an entity unto itself.
We've never said that it invalidates a person, just said that SSC's are not equal to heterosexual couples, and ought not to have the same laws supporting it, as if they WERE equal. Reality is that the SSM'ers are seeking to gain legal validation of their broken relationships, as if they WERE the same as the regular couples. And, as per "having" their own children, some are using laboratory processes to "have" these children. More unnatural behavior, to lay claim to "equality".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190918 May 4, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked, they all agree that you are nucking futz.
You're welcome.
You are a creep. Your only existence here down to your name and picture is because you are obsessed with another poster. VERY CREEPY.

Cyber-stalking is not good son, stop it. If you weren't in the club you'd be long gone already as you should be.

Hope that helps.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190919 May 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Imaginary Playmate Bless America
"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "
Imaginary playmate Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
Imaginary playmate bless America, My home sweet home.
If memory serves, didn't D claim to have been in the military? I wonder if he substituted "imaginary playmate" at the end of his swearing-in ceremony, or if he kept silent... Seems to me that he swore an oath that he didn't believe in..
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190920 May 4, 2013
Piccered wrote:
Frankie Pizzio
Haven't you had enough, people on this site just don't like you anymore.
Yes, we do. Speak for yourself...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190921 May 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They need a Pakistani Big D to fight for truth justice and the Pakistani way!
I can see him wearing a turban, decreeing officials edicts about not noticing his imperiousness...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190922 May 4, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Ratings have nothing to do with journalistic ethics or credibility. Being "most watched" doesn't change the fact that Fox exists to promote far right propaganda, NOT facts and journalism.
What is stupid is the bigotry in thinking heterosexuals or straight couples are superior to gay couples. They are not.
Well, if we have to vote on that, YES, they are superior. They are fertile. Unlike the barren ones..
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190923 May 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your brain made out of two types of tissue that don't communicate?
Is that why you are so dumb?
"Appealing to tradition" is a logical fallacy in which the moron, in this case you, basically claims that something is right because "That's the way it's always been".
Do you think god hates you?
If not, why would he have made such a serious error while creating you?
Just so he could have a few laughs?
LOL!
Buzz off, shytefly...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190924 May 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, this is a simple equal rights issue.
A man has the right to marry a woman, so a woman should have the same right.
A woman should have the same right a man does, the right to marry a woman.
Can you give me a reason that should not be the case?
Do you mean like the fact that man woman are designed to complement each other, and produce young? Man and woman have the same rights, to marry another, of the opposite gender, what don't you understand about that?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190925 May 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You want this major social change, then the burden is in you to give us rational arguments why. The burden is not on us the tell you why not, dummy.
Exactly right! And, all they'd be able to burden us with is behavioral problems..
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190926 May 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
How, exactly, are men and women different, other than body parts?
<quoted text>
Appealing to tradition.
Logical fallacy.
<quoted text>
You make no sense.
You make no sense. You ask a question that requires an answer, and disqualify the defining characteristic.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190927 May 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
http://www.politicalcartoons.c om/cartoon/c1aee23d-5cbe-4847- a8bf-50781312a6da.html
Funnier than hell...
:-D
Play a useless game, and announce your brokenness, and you get to be called a "hero"...Used to take more than that...Guess anything flies, now...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190928 May 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
http://www.politicalcartoons.c om/cartoon/c1aee23d-5cbe-4847- a8bf-50781312a6da.html
Guess we can all throw rocks into the air, and call them "airplanes" now... Or, "Rocquettes", or something...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190929 May 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If people like the author of this piece want to voice an opposition to gay adoptions and gay parents, then they should feel free to do so.
However, let's not confuse the issue of marriage with child rearing.
The truth is that if society stopped "shaming" gays in general, then kids of same-sex parents would not experience it either. Also, kids of divorce are often left without male/female role models, and yet we continue to allow divorce to take place.
OMFG! So now, even the victims are wrong? Only you gays know the truth? Pshaw...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190930 May 4, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If memory serves, didn't D claim to have been in the military? I wonder if he substituted "imaginary playmate" at the end of his swearing-in ceremony, or if he kept silent... Seems to me that he swore an oath that he didn't believe in..
He was in the Coast Guard, the only thing good about Big D.

What bothers me the most about his rabid disrespect for spiritual people is his reference to God as a "playmate". Believe in God or not, no one except Big D considers God a playmate. And there is nothing constructive about his

Big D is a particularly nasty little piece of work from the dusty little sh!thole of Modesto hard by the worst part of the San Joaquin Valley. Tied for worst air quality in the USA with close by cousin Merced. EVIL WOMEN!(experience). Meth labs. Tweakers. I go around it when I'm driving to the Sierra.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190931 May 4, 2013
Pardon my Modesto tangent, but every time I see a Big D post it reminds me of that nasty little dump.

If you wanted to give California an enema, Modesto is where you'd stick the hose!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190932 May 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in the Coast Guard, the only thing good about Big D.
What bothers me the most about his rabid disrespect for spiritual people is his reference to God as a "playmate". Believe in God or not, no one except Big D considers God a playmate. And there is nothing constructive about his
Big D is a particularly nasty little piece of work from the dusty little sh!thole of Modesto hard by the worst part of the San Joaquin Valley. Tied for worst air quality in the USA with close by cousin Merced. EVIL WOMEN!(experience). Meth labs. Tweakers. I go around it when I'm driving to the Sierra.
And, imagine it...Most of the people in the world are spiritual, and believe in God, or Jehovah, or some sort of deity. D thinks that most of us are delusional. And D is the one that thinks that there are no rigged elections.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#190933 May 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Kimare'a wrote;
Just a note; The issue is not whether ss couples would harm marriage. The fundamental question is do they equate to marriage.
What about you, monster?
If our rights should depend on our genes, what about your rights?
You have both male and female genes.
Why would you marry?
KiMare wrote:
The only aspect is in number. That means marriage would then mean 'two people in a committed relationship'. Restricting marriage to only two for that reason is discriminatory. Again, it leaves your mother and father, and your family without distinction. I find that sad.
Do you find it sad that god screwed up so badly making you?
KiMare wrote:
I didn't reduce marriage to it's 'original definition', I reduced marriage to it's fundamental purpose. That is so important, social scientists assert that if procreation were not a product of mating behavior, marriage would not occur.
If up were down, I wouldn't need a bra.
BTW, monster, people who can't procreate, so it's a non issue.
KiMare wrote:
I have never denied that many other aspects are a part of marriage. However, love and companionship are a part of almost every relationship. They certainly don't need marriage to exist.
Sorry for being picky, but I see it as being accurate.
I noticed you avoided addressing the issue of 'equating'.
Perhaps it is because of my condition that I embrace engaging life in the union of both genders, instead of as one.
You are the union of both genders. Should you be allowed to marry? Or should you be allowed to marry one man and one woman? LOL!
KiMare wrote:
There is a vast difference that requires distinction. The degree is often described as the union of Mars and Venus.
At the most intimate level, there is clearly a design where male and female 'fit' together. In gay intimacy that union has to be manipulated to even be marginally safe.
The marriage union can even be seen as restoring us to our earliest roots, a genderless, simple life form.
Enjoyed the subtle humor at the end...
Smile.
Do you have bolts on your neck?
:)

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#190934 May 4, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
We've never said that it invalidates a person, just said that SSC's are not equal to heterosexual couples, and ought not to have the same laws supporting it, as if they WERE equal. Reality is that the SSM'ers are seeking to gain legal validation of their broken relationships, as if they WERE the same as the regular couples. And, as per "having" their own children, some are using laboratory processes to "have" these children. More unnatural behavior, to lay claim to "equality".
You don't have to be able to spawn in order to marry, so that's a non issue.
And there is same sex sex in nature. That's the definition of natural, dummy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 11 Tony 1
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Dec 1 kent 48
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web