Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,641 - 166,660 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190832 May 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I've never been run out of a state--never had my spouse get on forums to look for a new place to live...
Me either.

Another gay troll attempt by a wanna be social worker?

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190833 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either.
Another gay troll attempt by a wanna be social worker?
Smile.
You donít use social workers with people as mentally ill as you are, you need the guys in the white suits.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#190834 May 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Frankie?
Who loves ya baby?
Wastey!

What's happening? Stopped by to say hello?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#190835 May 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do toots! Love ya back.
Many jackasses need my attention this morning! So many dopes, so little time.
Man oh man that last line was funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190836 May 3, 2013
Leno tells Obama how to close Gitmo.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/leno-tells-o...
Forgross

Covina, CA

#190837 May 3, 2013
Rat meat crime ring busted in the USA.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190838 May 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít use social workers with people as mentally ill as you are, you need the guys in the white suits.
I have a letter validating I don't need the white suit guys signed by THREE psychologists.

Do YOU have a letter validating your sanity?

Smile.

Smile.
bettylove

Germany

#190840 May 3, 2013
hi i love you
woed

Germany

#190841 May 3, 2013
woed
jesus

Dallas, TX

#190842 May 3, 2013
adam

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190843 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:

<quoted text>
You are not being honest.
-The point is not about feelings, it is about distortion.
-Where have I said being a mutation makes me less valid? Nor is the mutation my fault. It happens to make me distinct. And an incredible curiosity. I find that a positive extremely often.
-You can 'say' homosexuality has any reason for existence. Only some are true. See the difference?
-Ss couples cannot 'have' children. Do you see what your denial is trying to equate?
-Yes, the law is a part of reality. But no, if the law denies reality, reality doesn't change. The reality is, the law is simple wrong.
Do you feel a 'haunting' now?
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I not being honest? What Exactly am I denying?
And my point was you can't compare people in the same way as you would compare engineering equipment because they have feelings.
Homosexuality is not anybodys 'fault' either.
We all have a reason for existence else we wouldn't be here. Whether we are a mutation or not we are all a little unique in our own ways, just as we all have similarities too.
I know you didn't use the wording of 'less valid' but the word 'monster' is derogatory, which could imply negativity.
Yes, I find it positive too. Wouldn't want to not be a 'mutation'
I know SS couples can't 'have' children in the basic sense. No-one is denying biology. SS couples have surrogates, or whatever if they want children.
The law is not wrong simply because you don't agree with it. The law generally does what it sees fit to benefit the majority of people in society. As SSM does not have a direct or actual effect on opposite sex couples' marriages; and people want the option of SSM it has become law. SS couples with or without marriage will be together and some will be having (by indirect means) children. With or without SSM hetero couples will be doing the same as they are doing now, and have always done.
Why would I feel a 'haunting'? And no I don't, do you?
I listed point by point corrections to your statements.

Words have specific meaning for a reason. You seem to think that specificity is only necessary with things and not people. I disagree.

Just a note; The issue is not whether ss couples would harm marriage. The fundamental question is do they equate to marriage. The only aspect is in number. That means marriage would then mean 'two people in a committed relationship'. Restricting marriage to only two for that reason is discriminatory. Again, it leaves your mother and father, and your family without distinction. I find that sad.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190844 May 3, 2013
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? You have both XX and XY chromosomes, yes?
Please explain, what the difference is here? The DNA of two people? means what? If it's not having both XX and XY then what is it?
Yes, sure it's a genetic mistake. I use the word 'mosaic' because that's the word used to describe having both XX and XY chromosomes. Both male and female. It's the same as having the DNA of two people, isn't it?
Ok, that explains the word 'monster', but I'm sure you can appreciate how the meaning may not be immediately apparent as 'large'
I'm in No denial and am fully aware my DNA, and the physical manifestations from it, are a 'mutation', a genetic mistake.
http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/
science/2368/chimeras_and_mosa ics.html

"Both mosaics and chimeras are individuals with two genetic≠ally distinct populations of cells. The difference between them is that in a mosaic the different types both arise from the same fertilised egg, whereas a chimera comes from more than one. In fact, in some cases a chimera is a pair of twins that has fused into a single person."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190845 May 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn off Faux news, there already are Same Sex marriages, over a million of them in the world, 18,000 here in California
As married as anyone else, no less, no more
Yes there are people that make their money off rubes selling the idea of an invisible magic guy, Yes there are same sex couples that are married.
Welcome to today
What in hell does Fox News have to do with this?

You have no logical response, so you throw an idiotic slur against the most watched news channel? That's like double stupid!

Then you top it off by asserting there is no difference between a fruitful, diverse gendered couple and a duplicate, serile single gendered couple. That is beyond stupid.

You follow it with a bigoted slam against those who dedicate their lives to serving others and people of faith.

What a Big Dope.

Smile.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#190846 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What in hell does Fox News have to do with this?
You have no logical response, so you throw an idiotic slur against the most watched news channel? That's like double stupid!
Then you top it off by asserting there is no difference between a fruitful, diverse gendered couple and a duplicate, serile single gendered couple. That is beyond stupid.
You follow it with a bigoted slam against those who dedicate their lives to serving others and people of faith.
What a Big Dope.
Smile.
Ratings have nothing to do with journalistic ethics or credibility. Being "most watched" doesn't change the fact that Fox exists to promote far right propaganda, NOT facts and journalism.
What is stupid is the bigotry in thinking heterosexuals or straight couples are superior to gay couples. They are not.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#190847 May 3, 2013
KiMare--"-Ss couples cannot 'have' children. Do you see what your denial is trying to equate?"

Of course they do. They don't MAKE children...as is the case with many straight couples...which doesn't change the fact that many have children, and are excellent parents.

"I listed point by point corrections to your statements."

Your hateful lies are not "corrections."

"Just a note; The issue is not whether ss couples would harm marriage."

Your fellow Nazis disagree, they talk CONSTANTLY of "attacks on traditional marriage" and "we need to protect traditional marriage."

"The fundamental question is do they equate to marriage."

They don't "equate" to marriage. They ARE marriages. Same as anyone elses'.

"The only aspect is in number. That means marriage would then mean 'two people in a committed relationship'. Restricting marriage to only two for that reason is discriminatory."

You may choose to believe that, but contrary to this scummy stunt the far right keeps trying to pull, in spite of it being PROVEN false, marriage equality for gay people DOES NOT mean society will start accepting people marrying more than one person. The two aren't remotely connected.

"Again, it leaves your mother and father, and your family without distinction. I find that sad."

And I find it despicable that the ONLY distinction you can find for your family is in hating and attempting to destroy other families. If the only thing that made your family worthwhile was that one had a penis and one did not, what a worthless family.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190848 May 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Ratings have nothing to do with journalistic ethics or credibility. Being "most watched" doesn't change the fact that Fox exists to promote far right propaganda, NOT facts and journalism.
What is stupid is the bigotry in thinking heterosexuals or straight couples are superior to gay couples. They are not.
Liar.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190849 May 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
KiMare--"-Ss couples cannot 'have' children. Do you see what your denial is trying to equate?"
Of course they do. They don't MAKE children...as is the case with many straight couples...which doesn't change the fact that many have children, and are excellent parents.
"I listed point by point corrections to your statements."
Your hateful lies are not "corrections."
"Just a note; The issue is not whether ss couples would harm marriage."
Your fellow Nazis disagree, they talk CONSTANTLY of "attacks on traditional marriage" and "we need to protect traditional marriage."
"The fundamental question is do they equate to marriage."
They don't "equate" to marriage. They ARE marriages. Same as anyone elses'.
"The only aspect is in number. That means marriage would then mean 'two people in a committed relationship'. Restricting marriage to only two for that reason is discriminatory."
You may choose to believe that, but contrary to this scummy stunt the far right keeps trying to pull, in spite of it being PROVEN false, marriage equality for gay people DOES NOT mean society will start accepting people marrying more than one person. The two aren't remotely connected.
"Again, it leaves your mother and father, and your family without distinction. I find that sad."
And I find it despicable that the ONLY distinction you can find for your family is in hating and attempting to destroy other families. If the only thing that made your family worthwhile was that one had a penis and one did not, what a worthless family.
Liar.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190850 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What in hell does Fox News have to do with this?
You have no logical response, so you throw an idiotic slur against the most watched news channel? That's like double stupid!
Then you top it off by asserting there is no difference between a fruitful, diverse gendered couple and a duplicate, serile single gendered couple. That is beyond stupid.
You follow it with a bigoted slam against those who dedicate their lives to serving others and people of faith.
What a Big Dope.
Smile.
Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190851 May 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Ratings have nothing to do with journalistic ethics or credibility. Being "most watched" doesn't change the fact that Fox exists to promote far right propaganda, NOT facts and journalism.
What is stupid is the bigotry in thinking heterosexuals or straight couples are superior to gay couples. They are not.
Sorry Elvis, but your favorite network MSNBC wins the award by far for bias.

http://nation.foxnews.com/fox-vs-msnbc/2013/0...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190852 May 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
KiMare--"-Ss couples cannot 'have' children. Do you see what your denial is trying to equate?"
Of course they do. They don't MAKE children...as is the case with many straight couples...which doesn't change the fact that many have children, and are excellent parents.
"I listed point by point corrections to your statements."
Your hateful lies are not "corrections."
"Just a note; The issue is not whether ss couples would harm marriage."
Your fellow Nazis disagree, they talk CONSTANTLY of "attacks on traditional marriage" and "we need to protect traditional marriage."
"The fundamental question is do they equate to marriage."
They don't "equate" to marriage. They ARE marriages. Same as anyone elses'.
"The only aspect is in number. That means marriage would then mean 'two people in a committed relationship'. Restricting marriage to only two for that reason is discriminatory."
You may choose to believe that, but contrary to this scummy stunt the far right keeps trying to pull, in spite of it being PROVEN false, marriage equality for gay people DOES NOT mean society will start accepting people marrying more than one person. The two aren't remotely connected.
"Again, it leaves your mother and father, and your family without distinction. I find that sad."
And I find it despicable that the ONLY distinction you can find for your family is in hating and attempting to destroy other families. If the only thing that made your family worthwhile was that one had a penis and one did not, what a worthless family.
Godwin's Law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr go away 5,007
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••