Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,941 - 165,960 of 200,552 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not it.
Because it's ugly.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me break it down to two syllables. UG LY!
When did we start discussing your face?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-Here are the facts I state;
1. Ss couple are duplicates of one gender.
2. Ss couples are mutually incapable of procreation.
Please tell me what part of that is my opinion?
<quoted text>
What remains, is your opinion and my facts.
Smirk.
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
What remains is your irrelevance and dishonesty. You've posted great loads of opinion you've claimed to be fact. Leaning on these two as proof of your "facts" is quite laughable. You will also, without doubt, stick with your schtick about being a chimera, a mutation, and a man trapped in a woman's body. All sensational lies in an effort to make yourself appear to be something you are not. Pretty sad, ain't it?
So you are saying,

-Ss couples are not duplicates of one gender?

-Ss couples are mutually capable of procreation?

Oh, and you have medical proof of my condition?

You are the sad one, and you are not void of hate.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I will continue to stomp my feet until I get what I want.
When Proposition 8 passed in CA, over 10,000 people raced to San Francisco's City Hall so that we could stomp our feet in unison. We continued to stomp our feet and challenged the new policy legally and politically until it came before Judge Walker. He and the three person appellate court ruled that the proposition was--say it with me "UNCONSTITUTIONAL"!
Do you have some kind of keen insight that these people and all of their associates do not have?
My guess is that you're just another schlub with anger issues.
You get on here and try to pick fights. I'm not interested.
I state my case and my beliefs.
If you don't want to respond to them, I am happy to be ignored by the likes of you.
If you want to feel superior, then by all means do so.
This is a forum where ideas and beliefs are discussed.
If you want to run it like it's your own personal playpen, I've got news for you; it's not going to happen.
Go create your own topic. I'm sure you'll find all sorts of people who would LOVE to get into these procedural arguments with you.
Until you don the black dress and bang a gavel in a real courtroom, your opinion is worth about as much as mine.
Damn, I'm embarrassed for you VV!

Remember the gay tree in the forest?

Smile.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Oh, KiMare
Society evolves else we'd be forever stuck in the dark ages. There was a time in early marriage legality when the wife was not considered a person, she was part of 'chattal', belongings. If marriage is only a 'cross-cultural constraint of mating behaviour' then no couple would be allowed to marry knowing that one or both of them are infertile. Taken to the extreme reductions which you imply then you yourself would not be allowed to have married, as genetically you're not singularly male; and from a psychological point how do you justify you yourself having kids when you can not give them an entirely male role model?
Marriage is gestaltian ie. it is more than the sum of its' parts. Yes it has traditionally served the function of procreation but reality (that thing you think you're so fond of) is it is more than that. Nowadays plenty of couples have children before they marry, it's quite common to have the kids at the wedding as flower bearers.
Stopping gay couples from marrying is not going to stop homosexuality and neither is it going to stop them having (biological surrogates or adoption) having children; any more than it stops single people having children if they want.
Think about it, you're obviously legally male or else you wouldn't have been able to marry your wife. What if with a slight differentiation you had been registered female. Assuming you married out of love, then you would be left wanting a SSM. Changing marriage to define two people instead of man and woman would avoid this problem, not only for gays/lesbians but for transgenders/intersexed too.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-Here are the facts I state;
1. Ss couple are duplicates of one gender.
2. Ss couples are mutually incapable of procreation.
Please tell me what part of that is my opinion?
<quoted text>
What remains, is your opinion and my facts.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
So you are saying,
-Ss couples are not duplicates of one gender?
-Ss couples are mutually capable of procreation?
Oh, and you have medical proof of my condition?
You are the sad one, and you are not void of hate.
Smile.
#1 you may think you are a duplicate of every other man, but you are no duplicate of me that is for sure, I actually use my brain

#2 procreation in either intent or ability has never ever been a requirement for a marriage lincence

do you have any other points you need squashed so easily?
STEPHANIE

Port Louis, Mauritius

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

i love sex check my website guys http://www.callgirlsmauritius.com/ :)
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. I see an honest person trying to support marriage equality but shouted down cries of "off topic!" by jackasses such as yourself.
What possible harm would a loving marriage of three adult consenting men cause you Jizzy? Or a marriage of two sisters?
The bottom line is I support marriage equality and you do not. So climb down off your high jackass, jackass.
You, an honest person? hahahahahahaha

ahahhahahaha
ahhahahahaha

ahhahahahaha

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When Proposition 8 passed in CA, over 10,000 people raced to San Francisco's City Hall so that we could stomp our feet in unison. We continued to stomp our feet and challenged the new policy legally and politically until it came before Judge Walker. He and the three person appellate court ruled that the proposition was--say it with me "UNCONSTITUTIONAL"!
It would be an excercise in futility to debate the Constitutionality of something woth someone who self admittedly is ignorant of the subject matter.

What do you base your opinion on?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
When did we start discussing your face?
We didn't. We're discussing that picture of your nasty stockinged ham hock and high heeled hoof.

Take down that obscene picture! Take it down right now!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
You're no lady.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be an excercise in futility to debate the Constitutionality of something woth someone who self admittedly is ignorant of the subject matter.
What do you base your opinion on?
That is up to the Supreme Court and has been since 1803 :)

The funny part is it is the opponents of Same Sex marriage the pushed the issue to the supreme courts, as all courts that have reviewed the case below them have already ruled that Prop 8 should fall.

The unequal treatment of same sex couples will end

Only 2 ways to do that

Nullify the 18,000 legally married same sex couples that now already exist and are recognized in California ( not going to happen, can you imagine the lawsuits if they did that )

Or uphold the overturn of Prop 8 as the lower courts have already done, making all same sex couples equal in the state of California

Your opponents are expecting the latter... and they should, it is the obvious solution to the issue.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You, an honest person? hahahahahahaha
ahahhahahaha
ahhahahahaha
ahhahahahaha
Yes I am.

I'm sure you find that funny being very dishonest yourself but there are actually many of us.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some kind of keen insight that these people and all of their associates do not have?
My guess is that you're just another schlub with anger issues.
You get on here and try to pick fights. I'm not interested.
I state my case and my beliefs.
If you don't want to respond to them, I am happy to be ignored by the likes of you.
If you want to feel superior, then by all means do so.
This is a forum where ideas and beliefs are discussed.
If you want to run it like it's your own personal playpen, I've got news for you; it's not going to happen.
Go create your own topic. I'm sure you'll find all sorts of people who would LOVE to get into these procedural arguments with you.
Until you don the black dress and bang a gavel in a real courtroom, your opinion is worth about as much as mine.
Well, time for breakfast. I think this morning I'll have the VV meltdown special.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 you may think you are a duplicate of every other man, but you are no duplicate of me that is for sure, I actually use my brain
#2 procreation in either intent or ability has never ever been a requirement for a marriage lincence
do you have any other points you need squashed so easily?
#1 Actually you are rather stupid.

#2 No one has said that it was.

Squash!
Headers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

When your crazy and have been brain-washed by a religion for hundreds of years this is what you get, an oppressed female being told by her slave master's to lie, cheat and steal for Allah.

The mother of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects insisted (screamed) that her sons are not responsible for the attack and said she did not see any aggression in the older brother, even when the FBI questioned him two years ago.
Rhodes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Rhode Island senators put the state on the path Wednesday to becoming the 10th state to allow same-sex couples to marry in 2013..
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am.
I'm sure you find that funny being very dishonest yourself but there are actually many of us.
It's no secret that most Americans are dumber than a box of rocks, and they think no one can see through their lies.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, time for breakfast. I think this morning I'll have the VV meltdown special.
Don't forget your Thorazine drip, wacko.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> Don't forget your Thorazine drip, wacko.
Another substantive post from Miss Ad Hominem.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 44 min Dragonflyer 15,928
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 17 hr Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Green Soilent 4,975
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Mon Commander Bunny 8
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Sun Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••