Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,761 - 165,780 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of the time I was not expected to survive, someone asked if I would mind their praying for me.
My wife could not help but chuckle when I responded very softly ( all I could muster at the time under medication ) "only if you do it out loud"
Later she told me that particular response reassured her that I was going to be OK
She was right :)
Very cute. Sounds like another Big D made up story where Big D is always the hero.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, just mentioning that they are the ones filled with fear.
It is a lousy way to go through life
We'll take your word for it, you should know.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Imagine the arrogant bastid who would disrespect someone who offered him a prayer.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>As funny as your walk.
Miss Ad Hominem attempts a poor taste joke, it fails being that Miss Ad Hominem is in poor taste himself.

So lets see. Lets sum up X-Box schtick so far today.
We should allow same sex marriage because Mr Hudson is stupid.
We should allow same sex marriage because Frankie is drug addled.
We should allow same sex marriage because Frankie is stupid.
We should...

Oh hell, you get the drift.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug addled again, I see. Randy didn't 'prove' his point, but I am required to prove my point?
Yes.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll take your word for it, you should know.
I do, I see people like you all over the place.

I won’t live my life in fear, you have to stand up to tynary, your type falls apart quickly as the frightened little weasels your kind are
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cute. Sounds like another Big D made up story where Big D is always the hero.
Nope.. true story

But not the funny story, when I finally came too after a rather experimental surgery ( whole family in the quiet room ) my brother happened to be sitting next to my bed when I woke up.

They didn’t know how much of me was still there because of the type of surgery it was.

He asked me if he could get anything for me, I was only awake for seconds but I said "yes, a poster of Rita Hayworth and a rock hammer" and then fell back asleep

He was worried, but when he relayed the response to the family in the next room my wife again broke out laughing... she said "That is one of his favorite movies, and if he can come up with that under all that medication... he is doing good, he is saying he wants to escape this place”

It was a reference to The Shawshank Redemption, and yeah.. I wanted out

That was some 16 years ago.

But I wasn’t the hero, the Dr’s were, not some God or other, not some prayers, but the Dr's that spent years in medical school and actually devised new surgeries and techniques to save lives, they are the heroes.

It always amazes me when a Dr does a fantastic job, and goes without recognition while people thank their imaginary playmate instead…. very rude.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, I see people like you all over the place.
I won’t live my life in fear, you have to stand up to tynary, your type falls apart quickly as the frightened little weasels your kind are
"...frightened little weasels" Stand up to "tynary". "your kind" "live life in fear". Too funny!

Try and relax and if you can't at least try to belay that atrocious drama. It's ridiculous. Get your testosterone levels checked. Geez dude!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.. true story
But not the funny story, when I finally came too after a rather experimental surgery ( whole family in the quiet room ) my brother happened to be sitting next to my bed when I woke up.
They didn’t know how much of me was still there because of the type of surgery it was.
He asked me if he could get anything for me, I was only awake for seconds but I said "yes, a poster of Rita Hayworth and a rock hammer" and then fell back asleep
He was worried, but when he relayed the response to the family in the next room my wife again broke out laughing... she said "That is one of his favorite movies, and if he can come up with that under all that medication... he is doing good, he is saying he wants to escape this place”
But I wasn’t the hero, the Dr’s were, not some God or other, not some prayers, but the Dr's that spent years in medical school and actually devised new surgeries and techniques to save lives, they are the heroes.
It always amazes me when a Dr does a fantastic job, and goes without recognition while people thank their imaginary playmate instead…. very rude.
You're so cool Big D.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"...frightened little weasels" Stand up to "tynary". "your kind" "live life in fear". Too funny!
Try and relax and if you can't at least try to belay that atrocious drama. It's ridiculous. Get your testosterone levels checked. Geez dude!
I am relaxed and yeah, frightened little weasels are what they are.

Scared to death that someone different than themselves will be recognized equally, even though that recognition will cost them absolutely nothing at all.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am relaxed and yeah, frightened little weasels are what they are.
Scared to death that someone different than themselves will be recognized equally, even though that recognition will cost them absolutely nothing at all.
Sorry but every time you talk that schtick I cringe. It's fodder for a worst novel contest!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D is very cool he had a near death experience and he cracked some real good and deeply intelligent jokes during it and everybody laughed and he's alive because of the doctors and God sucks.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.. true story
glad you survived and are doing well.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Big D is very cool he had a near death experience and he cracked some real good and deeply intelligent jokes during it and everybody laughed and he's alive because of the doctors and God sucks.
as usual, comprehension zero

I will look for coloring books for you
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
as usual, comprehension zero
I will look for coloring books for you
As usual, a very lame response.

A cute family hospital story from one who screams (a Big D-ism!) "Off topic!" when marriage equality for poly MARRIAGE is mentioned.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, a very lame response.
A cute family hospital story from one who screams (a Big D-ism!) "Off topic!" when marriage equality for poly MARRIAGE is mentioned.
Good luck with that :)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly girl.
Do you really think a court can make a duplicated sterile half equate to the union of a man and woman that produce human fruit?
When all is said and done, that vast distinction will still be obvious. No matter what you call it, every time you see a ss couple and a hetero couple, that is exactly what you will know.
I think you will need the 'luck' in the coming months, the slap of reality is bitch.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Interesting, you fail to answer a direct question to you, but want to jump in on another one. I guess the plate get's to hot when you engage directly. Like with ak...
As to your 'answer'...
Where did I ever talk about 'rights'?
You deliberately avoid the point, because you have absolutely no counter. Of course a court can make laws, and establish rights, whether they be valid or not.
What no man can do is change the clear distinction between a redumbant sterile half relationship with marriage.
The attempt is so silly stupid. When all is said and done, all that will be accomplished is a bunch of duplicate gendered couples with a piece of paper. Everyone will wink and say, "Yep, you're married, reminds me EXACTLY of mom and dad."
Snicker smile.
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so ignorant
Can you please show me the law where Human Fruit is mentioned?
What it is called is marriage, equal regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin
You are the one avoiding the point, there are already 18,000 legally married same sex couples in California right now, MARRIED, as legal and as recognized as your marriage or any other.
The legal question is why are new same sex couples not given the equal opportunity to marry as the 18,000 same sex couples that already are married.
So because a law doesn't mention 'human fruit', it doesn't exist and doesn't matter?

I don't give a flying rip what the law will or will not say. this FACT will not; a ss couple will always only be a redumbant sterile half of marriage.

Sorry smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly girl.
Do you really think a court can make a duplicated sterile half equate to the union of a man and woman that produce human fruit?
When all is said and done, that vast distinction will still be obvious. No matter what you call it, every time you see a ss couple and a hetero couple, that is exactly what you will know.
I think you will need the 'luck' in the coming months, the slap of reality is bitch.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Interesting, you fail to answer a direct question to you, but want to jump in on another one. I guess the plate get's to hot when you engage directly. Like with ak...
As to your 'answer'...
Where did I ever talk about 'rights'?
You deliberately avoid the point, because you have absolutely no counter. Of course a court can make laws, and establish rights, whether they be valid or not.
What no man can do is change the clear distinction between a redumbant sterile half relationship with marriage.
The attempt is so silly stupid. When all is said and done, all that will be accomplished is a bunch of duplicate gendered couples with a piece of paper. Everyone will wink and say, "Yep, you're married, reminds me EXACTLY of mom and dad."
Snicker smile.
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you fail to recognize there's a clear distinction and difference between your opinion and the law and the judge's opinions on the cases at hand before SCOTUS.
your opinion does not make nor interpret law. the judge's opinions do. ergo, your opinion, in reality, means nothing, you smirking dolt.
You silly twit, the law is a mockery when it denies reality.

It is not my 'opinion' that ss couples will only ever be a duplicated sterile half of marriage.

Lady justice is being gang raped by homosexuals.

Sad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.. they have been for a number of years
Not silly, just more informed than you are.
The fastest rising affiliation is... no religion at all
The problem is churches became political, which alienated a lot of people and lately has exposed quite a few as little more than hate groups.
These forums show that as well.
Fact of the matter is, the dying churches are the liberal 'open and affirming' denominations.

By 'political', you must mean selling their soul to support the desecration of marriage and family

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie has been voted the biggest liar on topix.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TP5KHIFIL...
Like I predicted, you'll rig the results as you wish.

Did you use illegal aliens to rig the vote, woops that's rude, I mean "Undocumented democrats"?

Can anyone imagine what kind of retarded jackass loser gets so obsessed with another poster that he creates dopey troll threads complete with rigged polls?

Anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 3 hr Throbbing Hard On 650
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 4 hr Randy 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE