Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,441 - 165,460 of 200,551 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Cool beans!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Oh snap! Jizzy is off from his loser job at the Car Wash today.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear... That's not what I'm saying at all.
I said that those men who vehemently oppose male homosexuality--those who angrily oppose all things related to gay men--THEY are the ones who have some soul-searching to do.
I'd put you right up there at the top of the list.
As I've pointed out to you in the past; you know more about gay male sex than most gay men I know. You know explicit details.
Why would any straight man be so fascinated almost exclusively with gay men?
You closet-queens get on here and rail against gays with such fury.
Anybody with half a brain knows that you only do so because it hits a little too close to home for you.
We will welcome you into the fold once you have come to terms with your demons and accepted your true bisexual or homosexual orientation.
So.......you ARE saying that we ARE gay.....All that denial, when a simple "Yes" would've sufficed. That's funny, wheezer. News flash.....I'm not gay. We're not gay. You are gay. Clear now?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Justice isn't an unelected and unaccountable court rewriting marriage law for everyone.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear... That's not what I'm saying at all.
I said that those men who vehemently oppose male homosexuality--those who angrily oppose all things related to gay men--THEY are the ones who have some soul-searching to do.
I'd put you right up there at the top of the list.
As I've pointed out to you in the past; you know more about gay male sex than most gay men I know. You know explicit details.
Why would any straight man be so fascinated almost exclusively with gay men?
You closet-queens get on here and rail against gays with such fury.
Anybody with half a brain knows that you only do so because it hits a little too close to home for you.
We will welcome you into the fold once you have come to terms with your demons and accepted your true bisexual or homosexual orientation.
And, you should listen to that other half of your brain, the one that is telling you that you are lying, again. It knows better than the half that lies to you. Deep stuff, but, there it is.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, they don't understand that they are Homophobic, because they are afraid of who they really are. When they post that the thought of two gay men having sex makes them sick. I ask they why are they thinking of it?????
So, you are against pedophilia, because, you are really a pedophile? I get it.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Justice isn't an unelected and unaccountable court rewriting marriage law for everyone.
How would marriage law be "re-written" for everyone by removing unconstitutional laws created relatively recently to harm gay Americans?

Do you really think that everyone will be forced to marry someone of the same gender? I promise you that this is not the case.

Gay people are too caring and polite to want to come into your home and create laws to harm your family.

It's simple courtesy. If something can't harm YOU, don't create laws banning it that harm others.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Anymore, it is....Just ask them, they'll tell you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given you my thoughts on this... Even if this study says what you believe it does; even if the study is sound; it does not prove that lesbian couples should not be parents.
To say that something is "not as good as" is not the same as saying "is so poor that it should not exist".
Did this study compare lesbian couples, for example, to poor heterosexual couples? Did it compare the children of lesbian couples to children who are in the foster care system? Did it compare lesbian couples to couples who create a chaotic home environment?
I can't find the study that you cite, but if I'm not mistaken, it was commissioned by a right-wing group.
Maybe you'll give us a link to the study so all of us can draw our own conclusions.
Yes. Any study that puts you in a less than perfect light is bogus and right wing lies. It's in the rainbow handbook.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So.......you ARE saying that we ARE gay.....All that denial, when a simple "Yes" would've sufficed. That's funny, wheezer. News flash.....I'm not gay. We're not gay. You are gay. Clear now?
He gets confused. Like Marram.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mess with Jizzy's logic, he'll stroke out. Oh Snap! I'm a pedophile!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.. you're not gay. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out gay men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are straight?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.. you're not gay. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out gay men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are straight?
I've seen your response played out here going way back, if a straight person is on here questioning a gay person, then it plays out that they must be seeking out a gay person and desire to be gay....How childish.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Quest asks: "How would marriage law be "re-written" for everyone by removing unconstitutional laws created relatively recently to harm gay Americans?"

Quests wants courts to address social justice for mascot victim groups who are the historic victims of prejudice, we want to do what's best for our children; this is where we differ.

Quest asks: "Do you really think that everyone will be forced to marry someone of the same gender? I promise you that this is not the case."
That's Quest's strawman argument, I never wrote anyone "will be forced to marry someone of same gender". We do have forced marriage now, there's no evidence same sex marriage would help make the problem better, it could get worse and include forced same sex marriage. Not everyone, of course; but one forced marriage is too many.

Quest wrote: "Gay people are too caring and polite to want to come into your home and create laws to harm your family."

Quest wrote: "It's simple courtesy. If something can't harm YOU, don't create laws banning it that harm others."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, they don't understand that they are Homophobic, because they are afraid of who they really are. When they post that the thought of two gay men having sex makes them sick. I ask they why are they thinking of it?????
So how's this work in Jizzy La La land? If pedophilia disgusts you you are a pedophile?

What a dope!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen your response played out here going way back, if a straight person is on here questioning a gay person, then it plays out that they must be seeking out a gay person and desire to be gay....How childish.
Yup. That's X-Box schtick. If you have an opinion she doesn't like, you're gay!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.. you're not straight. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out straight men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are gay?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Any study that puts you in a less than perfect light is bogus and right wing lies. It's in the rainbow handbook.
Frankie...

I have a bachelor's degree in Sociology. I have a master's degree in Social Work.

Since 1984 I have been exposed to scholarly studies that look at many aspects of social behavior and mental health. I've written papers on them, discussed them with friends and colleagues, and basically been elbow deep in evaluating the methods used by other social scientists to draw conclusions re: any number of topics.

I am not biased when it comes to looking at data from an experiment. However, I won't blindly accept the conclusions drawn from a study until I've seen and reviewed the data and look at the many facets that are involved in doing a study.

Read the following piece from Salt Lake City's "Desert News"...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765581831/...

Kimare has taken one of the studies discussed in this article and ran with it. He claims it as fact; just it like he uses his ridiculous "epi-marker/genetics mistake" theory.

He's no scientist. He is a preacher with an education in ministry.

He doesn't let the "facts" get in his way.

The bottom line concerning the outcomes of children is as follows: A child who is raised in a stable, loving, supportive, resourceful environment is going to do better than one who is not.

And there will always be those kids who have issues that are not related to the family's makeup. Take, for example, that kid who killed all of those children in Newtown Conn. He came from a household with support, resources, encouragement, etc. But he also had a mental disorder that resulted in tragic outcomes.

Finally, it is insincere to claim that a child of an intact, heterosexual, biological family will always do better than a child of an intact, same-sex family.

There just isn't conclusive evidence to say that this is factual.

Don't be fooled by Kimare.

He pulls studies out of his behind and makes them say exactly what he wants them to say.

I don't do that. If I've referenced a study here, it's because I've read it entirely and believe that it is sound.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.. you're not straight. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out straight men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are gay?
If you truly believe what you just said to Xavier, then you must accept his claim about you.

If you think that he comes here as a gay man who is actually a "closeted straight man" (is there such a thing?); in order to abuse other straight men, then you must accept that you are a closeted gay man who comes here to abuse other gay men.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't make a conclusion about pedophiles based on the study I referenced. The study focused on "homophobic men" (for lack of a better term)--not pedophiles.

If what you're saying is true, you must also be a pedophile because I'm assuming that you don't openly support pedophilia either.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 14 hr Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Green Soilent 4,975
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Mon Commander Bunny 8
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Sun Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247
City Attorney So Stupid He Makes the Papers Aug 10 Muckraker 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search