Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#189028 Apr 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Either your reading comprehension is lacking, or your pontification clouded your ability. Why do SSMers, the "marriage equality" movement, not freely, and openly embrace polygamy?
I am not the entire movement, you cant pigeonhole everyone, and prejudge everyone by your convenient labels... that is called bigotry, prejudice ( pre-judging ) is ignorance by definition.

There is no one opinion among the Same sex marriage movement on any subject except perhaps one, just as there is not a singular opinion on any subject with "Liberals" or "Conservatives", or even "Christians" for that matter ( there are literally hundreds of Christian churches that wish to preform same sex marriage.

Your problem is you think you can apply a label to someone, and then all their opinions are rote... that is not the case.

Just the Facts and I probably disagree on several things, we do agree on Same Sex marriage, Heck Frankie and I agree that finger pointing about who is responsible for the Boston bombing before we have the actual evidence is dead wrong.

You cannot pigeonhole everyone, and even trying to do so, declares oneself to be ignorant
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189029 Apr 17, 2013
Uruguay and now New Zealand! Hang in there USA.... we can be last!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189030 Apr 17, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
Uruguay and now New Zealand! Hang in there USA.... we can be last!
New Zeeland didn’t surprise me, but Uruguay was...
It is only a matter of time.
Ray

Newport, OR

#189031 Apr 17, 2013
The government/some judge can't tell people want marriage is. God/nature decided what marriage is. Saying that two people of the same gender can ever be married is like saying that a person can be married to their pet.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189032 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Then we can start on the REAL work that is necessary.... re-educating stupid people.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189033 Apr 17, 2013
Ray wrote:
The government/some judge can't tell people want marriage is. God/nature decided what marriage is. Saying that two people of the same gender can ever be married is like saying that a person can be married to their pet.
You attempting to make a rational point is like Romney winning a presidential election.

There is absolutely NOTHING natural about marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189034 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Uruguay didn't surprise me at all. I've been there!

Uruguay is among the most liberal countries on gay rights in South America.

You should know this! You know everything.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189035 Apr 17, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You attempting to make a rational point is like Romney winning a presidential election.
There is absolutely NOTHING natural about marriage.
And you attempting to make a point is like Obama losing an election!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189036 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the entire movement, you cant pigeonhole everyone, and prejudge everyone by your convenient labels... that is called bigotry, prejudice ( pre-judging ) is ignorance by definition.
There is no one opinion among the Same sex marriage movement on any subject except perhaps one, just as there is not a singular opinion on any subject with "Liberals" or "Conservatives", or even "Christians" for that matter ( there are literally hundreds of Christian churches that wish to preform same sex marriage.
Your problem is you think you can apply a label to someone, and then all their opinions are rote... that is not the case.
Just the Facts and I probably disagree on several things, we do agree on Same Sex marriage, Heck Frankie and I agree that finger pointing about who is responsible for the Boston bombing before we have the actual evidence is dead wrong.
You cannot pigeonhole everyone, and even trying to do so, declares oneself to be ignorant
You have me and everyone else here pretty much pigeonholed.

And you have me in the wrong hole. You're a jackass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189037 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uruguay didn't surprise me at all. I've been there!
Uruguay is among the most liberal countries on gay rights in South America.
You should know this! You know everything.
Never been there, I didn’t know, I have been to New Zeeland, couple of times, granted that was back in the 70's, still nice people, very open hearted, welcomed us with open arms, there was a whole group of them waiting for us on the dock wanting to know if we would play American football with them because they didn’t have enough people, and few in New Zeeland new the game that well.

We had a blast

Good people, I figured they would do the right thing.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189038 Apr 17, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed. Then we can start on the REAL work that is necessary.... re-educating stupid people.
You cannot educate people that don’t want to be educated, in this day and age, ignorance is a choice, education is a 2 way street.

Don’t focus on the ignorant by choice, they are a lost cause, focus instead where the movement has focused, on those who want to be educated.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189039 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot educate people that don’t want to be educated, in this day and age, ignorance is a choice, education is a 2 way street.
Don’t focus on the ignorant by choice, they are a lost cause, focus instead where the movement has focused, on those who want to be educated.
Re-educating is a very scary word. And concept. I knew X-Box was a radical but thought a little better of you. I hope I never see any "re-educating" going on in this free country.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189040 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna be educated Big D! Focus on edumacating me!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189041 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have me and everyone else here pretty much pigeonholed.
And you have me in the wrong hole. You're a jackass.
Oh no I take each person one at a time

You are not the same as your friends that are open about their opposition to same sex marriage, Pietro is for example honest about his opposition to same sex marriage and hence his questions about Poly.

You are inherently dishonest about it so I treat you totally differently

You are not at all the same, no one is.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189042 Apr 17, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed. Then we can start on the REAL work that is necessary.... re-educating stupid people.
"re-educating". Wow.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189044 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna be educated Big D! Focus on edumacating me!
We already tried that, you can lead a horse to water....
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189046 Apr 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-educating is a very scary word. And concept. I knew X-Box was a radical but thought a little better of you. I hope I never see any "re-educating" going on in this free country.
Learn to read Frankie, I never used that term.

And I am not here to educate someone that is determined to be ignorant
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189047 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no I take each person one at a time
You are not the same as your friends that are open about their opposition to same sex marriage, Pietro is for example honest about his opposition to same sex marriage and hence his questions about Poly.
You are inherently dishonest about it so I treat you totally differently
You are not at all the same, no one is.
Your dishonesty about my motives speaks for itself.

You never will answer. Why would I lie? What possible motive would I have to come here and argue a position I did not support?

Paranoid much? But it's not paranoia, it's dishonesty. Which is your M.O.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189048 Apr 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read Frankie, I never used that term.
And I am not here to educate someone that is determined to be ignorant
X-Box said it's almost time to start re-educating. You agreed. Only you called it "educating". Same thing.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189049 Apr 17, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>You can educate the ignorant, but you can not fix stupid.

Is your doc so mean she tells you you can't be fixed? Too funny. Tough love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) 3 hr Bottom 36
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Tue Creeps 20
Young couple have job offer in Rancho Mirage - Aug 21 gjstewart 1
Need a place to let my golden swim and play Jul 29 Anonymous 1
universal covenant ministries? (Sep '07) Jul '16 Yolanda perez 4
Indian Wells Music Thread Jul '16 Logan A 2
News Teen boy alleges school district concealed sexu... Jun '16 actionvideo 1

Palm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance