Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,244)

Showing posts 164,861 - 164,880 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
frank, great, then go start a law suit or something to get the ball rolling.
we'll watch and see how far you get. believe me, we won't be impeding your progress - we'll just be watching from the sidelines to see first hand your success or failure in attempting to get poly marriage legal.
I don't want to sue anyone, I simply want to discuss marriage equality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
I KNOW WHO THE BOSTON BOMBERS ARE... Ill bet they are connected to the army of god... ou know a christian hate group...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/eric ...
the bigots brother who oh so sadly can't get the money from the book about his brother is pissed ....
This is exactly what we don't need after this act of terrible act of murder and mayhem. Idiots assigning blame with absolutely no evidence, only some personal hate they want an excuse to spew.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what we don't need after this act of terrible act of murder and mayhem. Idiots assigning blame with absolutely no evidence, only some personal hate they want an excuse to spew.
agreed...

the Le Jimbo/ Au contrair/ My Portal character on these pages is already dancing on the dead bodies in this tragedy tryin to spin it politically against Obama...

some people are beyond reproach...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
so how would you suggest we work the new laws for say, social security benefits to start, for a polygamous marriage so it is equal to a two person marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so how would you suggest we work the new laws for say, social security benefits to start, for a polygamous marriage so it is equal to a two person marriage?
I dunno. Shouldn't be that hard. I don't want to discuss the technicalities of implementing it, only the concept as it applies to marriage equality.

I think poly should be allowed. I also think incest marriage should be allowed. I get a lot of weird and fervent resistance which I attribute to hypocrisy. I try to reveal that hypocrisy. I get shouted down. It's passes the time when I'm bored.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>agreed...
the Le Jimbo/ Au contrair/ My Portal character on these pages is already dancing on the dead bodies in this tragedy tryin to spin it politically against Obama...
some people are beyond reproach...
I've seen it blamed on a "crazed homosexual" on one of these wholesome and friendly topix threads.

Maybe Obama really did do it. Or Bush!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, I cannot argue with a moron who insists I don't support my own argument. It's impossible.
But maybe you'll answer one question for me. Why would I lie? What possible motivation would I have to come here and attempt to argue a position I don't support?
You argument that I am lying is a straw man to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
You are the moron that says you wonít support your own argument, I asked if you were going to be active, get signatures for a ballot measure or what have you, and you said no.

You once said that you personally are not interested in Poly at all for yourself. So what exactly is your obsession with it in a forum about prop 8 that will not affect poly in any way whatsoever still as illegal as it was before prop 8 and will still be after prop 8 is overturned?

What exactly is your obsession with it?

I know the answer of course, so does everyone else.

But you sure donít like it when we call you on it ( which of course is why we do )
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
you have. you have had responses. now you're down to repeating yourself. move along to other points you may have.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
i actually have to agree with you on this one post.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, actual information first, we donít need finger pointing and political blame until we actually know what we are up against.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the moron that says you wonít support your own argument, I asked if you were going to be active, get signatures for a ballot measure or what have you, and you said no.
You once said that you personally are not interested in Poly at all for yourself. So what exactly is your obsession with it in a forum about prop 8 that will not affect poly in any way whatsoever still as illegal as it was before prop 8 and will still be after prop 8 is overturned?
But you sure donít like it when we call you on it ( which of course is why we do )
I simply want to discuss marriage equality. What is your obsession with assigning me motives?

You were discussing space travel this morning. Have you traveled in space? If not, by your logic you shouldn't be allowed to discuss it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you have. you have had responses. now you're down to repeating yourself. move along to other points you may have.
Most responses have been dishonest and/or hypocritical. Many SSM supporters here are hypocrites. And many are liars. And that is my main point. I will continue to make it. Maybe it's time for you to "move along to other points" though.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i actually have to agree with you on this one post.
Drat! I'm slipping! You jackasses are agreeing with me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply want to discuss marriage equality. What is your obsession with assigning me motives?
You were discussing space travel this morning. Have you traveled in space? If not, by your logic you shouldn't be allowed to discuss it.
For what reason? Why are you so interested in Poly when it is not something you are interested in yourself.

It isnít a crazy question, I am very interested in Same Sex marriage however I am personally not affected by it at all. Because I actually believe in the American values of justice, freedom and equality regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National origin, that also happens to be the reason I would vote in favor of poly, country before religion.( well for me almost anything before religion )

But this is different, Prop 8 is not about Poly, it was illegal before, Illegal during, and will still be illegal when Prop 8 is overturned.

When we say we would support poly you go straight to incest, which is blow by blow the slippery slope argument from the religious nut jobs we have been hearing for years.

If it waddles like a duck, and looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, you can be fairly sure.. it is a duck.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most responses have been dishonest and/or hypocritical. Many SSM supporters here are hypocrites. And many are liars. And that is my main point. I will continue to make it. Maybe it's time for you to "move along to other points" though.
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
your points have been made and noted. obviously many disagree with you. is this all you have to add to the discussion regarding the judge overturning Prop 8? do you have anything pertinent to say regarding possible SCOTUS rulings or findings?

Prop 8 dealt with the definition of marriage being a man and a woman - and the couples that brought the trial forward are same sex couples - not a poly-marriage group. all facts presented in court, all expert testimony presented in court is based upon the those that brought the suit forward by being same sex couples. there was never anything included in any discussion, except in your desire to divert the discussion, in regards to poly-marriage of any sort.

do you have anything pertinent to add to the discussion with respect to the judge's findings on any level? any of the facts presented? any of the experts or their testimony in court? the appeal? SCOTUS's hearings? anything along those lines?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I am not out in my wheelchair gathering signatures I cannot discuss it? Please show me where you found that rule and please tell me why would I observe that stupid rule?

Do you mention Mars to the school kiddies? STOP! you have never been to Mars! You are not allowed to discuss it!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen it blamed on a "crazed homosexual" on one of these wholesome and friendly topix threads.
Maybe Obama really did do it. Or Bush!
Bush did it...puhlease...it would have been Cheney! snark!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno. Shouldn't be that hard. I don't want to discuss the technicalities of implementing it, only the concept as it applies to marriage equality.
I think poly should be allowed. I also think incest marriage should be allowed. I get a lot of weird and fervent resistance which I attribute to hypocrisy. I try to reveal that hypocrisy. I get shouted down. It's passes the time when I'm bored.
but sibling cannot get married now, regardless of their gender, so htat argument makes no sense.

if hte details of hte polygamous marriage are nto worked out, how can you say it would be equal? three wives getting the same survivor benefits for SS? not equal to my marriage...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
your points have been made and noted. obviously many disagree with you. is this all you have to add to the discussion regarding the judge overturning Prop 8? do you have anything pertinent to say regarding possible SCOTUS rulings or findings?
Prop 8 dealt with the definition of marriage being a man and a woman - and the couples that brought the trial forward are same sex couples - not a poly-marriage group. all facts presented in court, all expert testimony presented in court is based upon the those that brought the suit forward by being same sex couples. there was never anything included in any discussion, except in your desire to divert the discussion, in regards to poly-marriage of any sort.
do you have anything pertinent to add to the discussion with respect to the judge's findings on any level? any of the facts presented? any of the experts or their testimony in court? the appeal? SCOTUS's hearings? anything along those lines?
My point is simple. Supporting same sex marriage but not polygamy is hypocritical.

The fact that it makes you and Big D angry is just more evidence that it is hypocritical.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Bush did it...puhlease...it would have been Cheney! snark!
I notice Obama in his second term has stopped saying he inherited a bad economy.

Look at the Middle East before and after Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 164,861 - 164,880 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance