Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#188453 Apr 13, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they were.
Yet you posed the question as
If you thought it was significant. WTF were you after?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite simple, its to be legally recognized as husband and wife. It also ensures that any children born into the marital relationship, unless there is evidence to the contrary, are presumed to be the husband's, the legally reconized father of the children. Presumption of paternity.

Guuuuhhhh! What is all this rot about paternity? We’re talking about marriage. Do try to keep up. Married doesn’t equate to being a parent.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the state, that "partner of one's choosing" is still dicated by the state, legally that is. The state determines from what categories, one may choose, or not choose. A man may wish his brother to be his "partner of one's choosing", but the state's says "no bennies for you"! If its okay for opposite sex first cousins to marry, but not siblings because of the possibilty of sexual reproduction, why would such a prohibition be appled to same sex siblings who want to marry, or perhaps just get the bennies?
The problem is you wish to use the "partner of one's choosing" line to support SSM, but either are unwilling, or unable to see the possible ramifications from that argument.
WTF are you yammering on about? Did Maryland choose my wife for me? Jebus aitch Kryste! They sure are crafty. Picked the right ‘un fer me, they did. What is this absolute load of bollox you’re trying to put forth as an argument. I might as well tell you that heterosexuals getting married is an affirmative vote for sisters marrying brothers.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been shown that men and women who marry tend to stay together longer than those who cohabitate.
WOW! Yer a friggin’ jeanyus!
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>

Each state determines its marriage laws. States do not have to honor licenses granted by other states. For example a license to practice law, or carry a firearm.
Yup, but they ALL honor a marriage license obtained in Hawaii or Florida with the same respect.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#188454 Apr 13, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, at least legally in 32 plus states, and most countries. Of those states that have legal SSM, does the state actually pronounce the SSC, "husband and husband", or "wife and wife"?
Try another time waster. Is the thing to the left of the rear wheel on my dirt bike a sprocket or a cog or a gear?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes what a "lie"? So if a self identified gay man marries a woman, or a self identified lesbian marries a man, they're both lying? Even if both parties are aware? I wonder if Mr & Mrs. Josh Weed know?
Why are they marrying? A gay man will, more than likely, want to marry another gay man, not some lesbian. You might have married your wife just to stay in the country, but most of us would prefer to marry a person for the sake of love.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I wrote:
A state could grant two same sex adult siblings a license too. The state can grant any license it so chooses.
And a state could grant two opposite sex adult siblings a license. The state can grant any license it so chooses………….

….. As long as it complies with state laws. s
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Again so what? Why does it matter, to the state/society that two men/women wish to make a commitment to each other? Why does it matter that the state call a personal intimate sexual relationship between two men/women "marriage"? As oppossed to a civil union? Or even recognizing it at all.
It ain’t society so much as the doors it opens for the couple.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Did this happen a often in American history? If so when and where? Pre colonial times? Colonial times? Post?
Well golly gee willakers. Do you think man started on US soil? Clearly the comment zoomed well over your head. For the sake of both of us, just forget you ever read it.
t so much that it matters to the state. It matters to the couple. This isn’t really as difficult as you wish to make it. I’m married. It was done in Maryland nearly two decades ago. It is recognized anywhere I go in the US. My nephew was married in the same state a couple years ago. It is recognised in Maryland. See the difference? Do you honestly need to be told the difference between a marriage and a state sanctioned civil union AGAIN?
NoShows

Covina, CA

#188457 Apr 13, 2013
This topic is just a spam virus..
PoorTimes

Covina, CA

#188465 Apr 13, 2013
Glendora, California had been a serious violator as well.

Under the old rules or guide lines (of which cities lobbied to change the rules to) each city could use 20% of the CRA funds for employees salaries.

This of course got out of hand and just about everyone under the sun was on the take from CRA funds, some cities lied and used 30% to 40% to cover salaries, this and many other reason's was the need for shutting down this "slush fund" called CRA.

Cities became addicted to CRA monies and based their entire budget on this source not understanding the full ramifications if it suddenly stopped because of their own self abuse of this funding source.
softracing

United States

#188466 Apr 13, 2013
Hey that Frankie guys comment,Is spot on.
StealersHall

Covina, CA

#188469 Apr 13, 2013
Most hardcore radical Muslim fell it's OK to stealing from NON-muslim's this statement is shown in the following story:

Laptop update - apology

My name is Dom, and I live in London, UK.

My laptop was stolen from my home in February 2013 and in March 2013 tracking software revealed that it had turned up in Tehran, Iran!

I shared this information with the UK police dealing with the matter and they said that they were regretfully unable to help.

I regarded this as the end of the matter, and the end of my laptop.

On 12th April 2013 I decided to share the data the laptop recovered on this Tumblr blog as an amusing story for my friends to enjoy.

It seemed to me that a laptop that went missing from London and turned up in Iran was like a space probe landing on a distant planet and beaming back proof of intelligent life.
Bingo

Covina, CA

#188471 Apr 13, 2013
Since no one is willing to add some teeth to this law, it's a joke!

The single comment is, "catch me is you can" besides a "Brown Act" violation or violations only gets the parties a warning letter and NO fines or Prison Time.

All bark and no bite, it's time to put some real SHARKS TEETH in the "Brown Act" for the sake of all California tax payers and voters.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188476 Apr 13, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
Yet you posed the question as
If you thought it was significant. WTF were you after?
I am not "after" anything, but simply pointing out hetero and homo, are not the only "sexualities".
Guuuuhhhh! What is all this rot about paternity? We’re talking about marriage. Do try to keep up. Married doesn’t equate to being a parent.
Are you not aware of the legal concept with in marriage law, known as the presumption of paternity? Apparently not.
http://singleparents.about.com/od/glossary/g/...

In many states, whenever a child is born to a married couple, the husband is automatically presumed to be the father. This is know as the "presumption of paternity."

Some states even take the presumption of paternity one step further by not allowing a man to disprove biological paternity through DNA. As a result, some men are forced to pay child support for children they have not biologically fathered.
WTF are you yammering on about? Did Maryland choose my wife for me? Jebus aitch Kryste! They sure are crafty. Picked the right ‘un fer me, they did. What is this absolute load of bollox you’re trying to put forth as an argument. I might as well tell you that heterosexuals getting married is an affirmative vote for sisters marrying brothers.
Too bad it didn't pick a smarter husband for your wife. If you actually comprehended what I wrote, you would understand the state places restrictions on the "partner of one's choosing". It states who you can, and cannot, legally marry.
<quoted text>

"According to the state, that "partner of one's choosing" is still dicated by the state, legally that is. The state determines from what categories, one may choose, or not choose. A man may wish his brother to be his "partner of one's choosing", but the state's says "no bennies for you"! If its okay for opposite sex first cousins to marry, but not siblings because of the possibilty of sexual reproduction, why would such a prohibition be appled to same sex siblings who want to marry, or perhaps just get the bennies?"
Yup, but they ALL honor a marriage license obtained in Hawaii or Florida with the same respect.
As long as it conforms to how they define marriage. That's it.
Your life freakin SUCKS

Elk Grove, CA

#188477 Apr 13, 2013
What's up w all the losers on here that aren't gay, yet obsessed w talking about this...Are u so obsessed w gay marriage, that u have to post on here every single day, 7 days a week, 30-31 days a month (28-29 in February) and 365 days a year?? Is it that important to u LOL?? Seriously anybody that concerned about going back and forth day after day after day on and on and on, etc., etc.has got some serious and probably unsolveable issues. These are the kind of people who are one bad day away from hanging themselves in their mom's basement. Why are u soooooo concerned about someone ELSE'S life?? Could it be because yours is miserable and depressing?? The answer is obviously yes....your life sucks so u don't want anyone else's to be bettert than yours. U figure as long as gays can't marry u might actually have something going for yourself, atleast u have the option....hey all of a sudden life's looking just a tad bit better isn't it? U have something they don't....maybe your life isn't as shitty as u thought it was after all....who r u kidding...of course it is!! Grow up, start worrying about yourself, and get a life....WOW.
BTW I'm not gay, but let gays do whatever they want, it's not gonna affect my life.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188482 Apr 13, 2013
Your life freakin SUCKS wrote:
What's up w all the losers on here that aren't gay, yet obsessed w talking about this...Are u so obsessed w gay marriage, that u have to post on here every single day, 7 days a week, 30-31 days a month (28-29 in February) and 365 days a year?? Is it that important to u LOL?? Seriously anybody that concerned about going back and forth day after day after day on and on and on, etc., etc.has got some serious and probably unsolveable issues. These are the kind of people who are one bad day away from hanging themselves in their mom's basement. Why are u soooooo concerned about someone ELSE'S life?? Could it be because yours is miserable and depressing?? The answer is obviously yes....your life sucks so u don't want anyone else's to be bettert than yours. U figure as long as gays can't marry u might actually have something going for yourself, atleast u have the option....hey all of a sudden life's looking just a tad bit better isn't it? U have something they don't....maybe your life isn't as shitty as u thought it was after all....who r u kidding...of course it is!! Grow up, start worrying about yourself, and get a life....WOW.
BTW I'm not gay, but let gays do whatever they want, it's not gonna affect my life.
And yet u took time in your life to post all that....your life must suck too.
Your life freakin SUCKS

Elk Grove, CA

#188485 Apr 13, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet u took time in your life to post all that....your life must suck too.
Unlike u this will be my last post. Said what I had to say, and now I'm moving on. U, however will be here every single day, without fail. Like I said, you're OBSESSED with gay marriage
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188490 Apr 13, 2013
Relax, Fruitloops.
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188491 Apr 13, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>You are married, correct to a woman?
A particularly dopey post from Jizzy this afternoon.
TheView

Covina, CA

#188492 Apr 13, 2013
Rock candy is the best.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#188493 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Unlike u this will be my last post. Said what I had to say, and now I'm moving on. U, however will be here every single day, without fail. Like I said, you're OBSESSED with gay marriage
Just in case you take another peek, you might take the time to understand rather than post a shallow thoughtless judgment.

I am a near senile old man who watched 'no fault' divorce solve marriage problems with an added 'benefit' to the children. Didn't quite work out that way. As divorce skyrocketed to the point that children of divorce choose not to make the commitment anymore, the social health of children plummeted.

Then there was Roe vs Wade. Abortion would be rare and only in the first trimester. Never in the third. And never just a thoughtless form of birth control. Did you know there is a doctor in PA on trial for murdering seven babies born alive during abortion?

Oh, and I've watched the glass ceiling for women being shattered. It looks like something broke to me. Women can do anything a man can do. And they are doing everything both a man and woman does. Men are just there.

So when you say the most profound change to the basic sole birthplace of humanity that human history has ever seen will have absolutely no affect on you or me, excuse my disbelief.

Oh, and the rude response that you are an lazy ass idiot who simply self-righteously parrots gay twirl propaganda.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188494 Apr 13, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
B
l
o
w
me
Bet you have an empty shipping container. Thats class
Not as classy as your posts!

Are you "special" Jizzy? Seriously.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188495 Apr 13, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you enjoy sodomy
Seriously, Jizzy. Are you special?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
softracing

Mesa, AZ

#188497 Apr 13, 2013
Really! Move on.One, Is it is Sick, Sick, Sick. Two, Its now BORING.Three, Is like someone else said, GET A LIFE! My last post aswell on this subject, PLEASE Do #3 Thank you. Lates...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188498 Apr 13, 2013
Francis Albert Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, Fruitloops.
That was great Frankie! Fun-nee stuff. Salud!
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188499 Apr 13, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That was great Frankie! Fun-nee stuff. Salud!
I was banned again. Banished. Disappeared, like in some cheesy third world gay banana republic.

I suspect I'll be banished again soon into the topix political prisoner gulag...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 2 hr Octopus 11
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 8 hr nick 705
child molester at large in dhs Wed tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs