Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,419

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188294 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
B
l
o
w
M
e
You have very low standards, I wouldn’t let him if he offered
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188295 Apr 12, 2013
Oy. When Jizzy and Big D get together, this thread really goes to the bottom.

One of them lies, the other wants to blow me.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188296 Apr 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if anal sex between two men is an "imitation of normal sex", then what is anal sex between a man and a woman? Is that an "imitation of gay sex"?
They say "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery".
If sex is a pain in the arise, you'll doing it the wrong way! Bah bump bump.:)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188297 Apr 12, 2013
Prop 8 discriminates against poly marriage the same as it does against same sex marriage. You know, equally.
Pietro Armando

Meriden, CT

#188298 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful now
Remember their marriages are so tragically fragile, that other people being able to marry somehow damages their marriage.
They are right on the edge, you might push them off the cliff accidently
Fortunately my marriage is plenty strong enough that your being able to marry won’t affect mine at all.
Hard for me to even imagine the knife edge these peoples marriages ride on
Ooooooooh....sooooooo profound Big D. So why just let any adult marry, legally, any other consenting adult. That way what ever form of marriage one chooses, won't endanger anyone else's marriage. Is your marriage so fragile that a marriage of, for example, husband wife, wife, & wife, will damage your marriage?

Where is the line drawn Big D? Is SSM the line in the sand?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188299 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Prop 8 discriminates against poly marriage the same as it does against same sex marriage. You know, equally.
It also discriminates against marriage with space aliens

It is a plot by the churches to keep people from marrying space aliens, the whole same sex argument was just a ploy to keep people from marrying space aliens as they are not men or women.

It is a conspiracy!!!!

( chuckle )
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#188300 Apr 12, 2013
I doubt few within my enlightened cohort have any greater love for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my fellow dog lovers, and yes, even the Africans, than I. Even so, I am mindful that prior to Big Government seizure of the American medical industry, Homosexuality and Zoophilia were considered to be psycho-sexual disorders.

Today, Government "doctors" no longer regard Homosexual behavior as a mental disorder. As more and more dog lovers are able to exert influence on our "democratic" body politic it can be expected that Big Government will grant the same constitutional rights to them. After all, what is "a democracy" for?

In this more enlightened post-60s 70s age, Government "doctors" are busy expanding their notion of what they consider to be "mental illnesses". For example, the Government now identifies Hoarding, skin picking and the temper tantrums of little children to be justification to "treat" these maladies with Government drugs.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/cnl4a72

Source: http://tinyurl.com/93f4gjn

Ronald
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188303 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Your choice. From my understanding he can suck a bowling ball through a garden hose. He suck starts Harleys.
LOL!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188304 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Your choice. From my understanding he can suck a bowling ball through a garden hose. He suck starts Harleys.
There is such a thing as too much though.. ever seen the film "The Cowboy way"? LOL
Pietro Armando

Hartford, CT

#188309 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Hey marry your 5 sisters. We don't care. But in case you missed it, the thread is in reference to a court ruling on same sex marriage. Glad I could help.
B
l
o
w
M
e
Prop 8's purpose, in simple terms, was to constitutionally define marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. Both polygamy/plural marriage snd SSM, are denied. So yes, its part of the discussion.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188310 Apr 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8's purpose, in simple terms, was to constitutionally define marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. Both polygamy/plural marriage snd SSM, are denied. So yes, its part of the discussion.
and space aliens too, dont forget space aliens!

LOL
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188313 Apr 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You know... it is more about space aliens than Poly

because when prop 8 is overturned, Poly will still be illegal, but you will be able to marry Xnohopacanoth from Vega

So it was more directed at Space Aliens than it was about Poly

So make sure you keep that a part of your discussion too.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188314 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and space aliens too, dont forget space aliens!
LOL
Wha? Lame.....Big D.....although... If men are from mars, and women are from Venus.....
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188315 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Prop 8 was designed to remove an existing right that same sex couples had. Thus creating a discriminatory law. Polygamy is and has been illegal in all 50 states. Please do keep up.
That is correct!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188316 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It also discriminates against marriage with space aliens
It is a plot by the churches to keep people from marrying space aliens, the whole same sex argument was just a ploy to keep people from marrying space aliens as they are not men or women.
It is a conspiracy!!!!
( chuckle )
Prop 8 does not mention anything about space aliens or churches.

But it does discriminate against same sex and poly marriage equally.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188317 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Prop 8 was designed to remove an existing right that same sex couples had. Thus creating a discriminatory law. Polygamy is and has been illegal in all 50 states. Please do keep up.
If the other laws against polygamy were repealed but prop 8 was not, would polygamy be legal in California Jizzy?

What don't you understand about ONE man ONE woman, sugar britches?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188318 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
It was designed to constitutional define, what the people of California voted to do legally, and define legally, in 2000. Marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. As to the polygamy aspect, insurance against any further attempts at redefining marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188319 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct!
It is also correct that ONE MAN ONE WOMAN means polygamy is also prohibited. EQUALLY. It does not have less validity than your favored form of marriage, sorry.

Polygamy deserves the SAME respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188320 Apr 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It was designed to constitutional define, what the people of California voted to do legally, and define legally, in 2000. Marriage as a union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. As to the polygamy aspect, insurance against any further attempts at redefining marriage.
Correct!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#188321 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You know... it is more about space aliens than Poly
because when prop 8 is overturned, Poly will still be illegal, but you will be able to marry Xnohopacanoth from Vega
So it was more directed at Space Aliens than it was about Poly
So make sure you keep that a part of your discussion too.
Space Aliens...... Yes Martians aka men, and Venusians aka women. You're right in a sense it was directed at space aliens, and constitutionally ensuring their union receives exclusive recognition in California! Thanks Big D for using your superior intellect.... Khan would be proud!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mature white women for young dark mature n sexy... 16 hr Sean G 1
Chinese tourists power-shopping in U.S. (Aug '13) Tue JC-joyce 10
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Tue its me daisy 50
Vince Gill and Amy Grant: A Match Made In Music... (Dec '07) Mar 1 Doughnutz 38
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Mar 1 larae 155
Any gay men in coachella valley, Ca. Who'd like... Feb 27 Denny 6
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Feb 27 Bart 12
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web