Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
163,781 - 163,800 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 27 min ago

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#187440 Apr 7, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, baby, she used to call me "Marlboro Man"..
:-D
And, I AM all that, after all...
gee what happened to that picture of you buried in your smoke cloud

Bellevue, WA

#187443 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
And, by threatening to knife a sucker who may dare to say something that upsets her progeny.
ya if you personally attck my child I will knife your azz

Bellevue, WA

#187448 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
That's because of the bisexuals, who wanted it both ways, and the IV drug users. Both cut across the barriers.
that's just stupid

Bellevue, WA

#187451 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Aw, sweetheart, you don't know what you're talking about. It was first noted as an epidemic among the gays of SF, back in the '70's.
totally wrong your ignorance is showing.. it has been in africa since the 1950's

Bellevue, WA

#187453 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Aw, sweetheart, you don't know what you're talking about. It was first noted as an epidemic among the gays of SF, back in the '70's.
btw american gays hands down have done more and contributd more to finding a cure then any other group of people br none.. hello

Bellevue, WA

#187455 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
But it EXPLODED in S.F. in the '70's... Nothing flared it up like anal sex and IV drug use...
the first reported case was june 5th 1981 and its was LA morazz
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187459 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
P.S.
I may be hawking Marlboros, but I smoke Camels, there's a real mans cigarette.
My old brand. Best cigarette in the world ever.

Bellevue, WA

#187460 Apr 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My old brand. Best cigarette in the world ever.
nasty
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187462 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sure that they don't, although, I believe that they might take a sip of some wine, and eat a cracker or two... And I'm sure that Big D would make an argument that they can be divorced for that...
Mighty D will fight you if his kids see that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187464 Apr 7, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Clueless Frankie, your posts are judged due to the content. Stop being a troll, you won't be negatively judged. Its got nothing to do with your sexuality.
That's nice. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187468 Apr 7, 2013
Cat Purrs wrote:
<quoted text> I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. Your mom sounds so much like my mom. I was abused&#12288;by her as far back as I can remember from the time I was very young, until I finally got out at 17. Even now I have a really hard time talking too and relating to others.
We can tell.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187478 Apr 8, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your second question you should answer. Why does it matter it I marry another man?
First, in order for u to marry another man legally, the state must redefine marriage from a legally recognized union of husband AND wife, to a two person non gender specific spouses for life union.

Second, there's no compelling reason to redefine marriage so that a man can marry another man, or a woman another woman. None. There's no issue that needs addressing. Why does society, in the 21st century need men/women to marry other men/women?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187479 Apr 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
5.) If you want to take religion out of the argument, that's fine with me. I will only point out that the Supreme Court has claimed 14 times since 1888 that marriage is a fundamental right of citizens. Same gender couples will build on those findings in order to argue for marriage equality.
Will u also point out what the Supreme Court meant by the term "marriage", the legal, historic, cultural, and/religious understand of that term as a union of husband and wife? Build on what things?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#187480 Apr 8, 2013
GreaterGreece wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they just deserve it. And more.
Trolling for boys here too greece?

Get lost creep.

Smile.

Location hidden

#187481 Apr 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to it being a "gay disease", it was a disease of colonies in African nations. Scientists have found evidence that HIV/AIDS might have been running rampant as far back as the 1930s. Since so many people were butchering meat from apes, it is believed to have leapt from them to man. And since so many people died in those remote areas of "unknown origin", nobody really took notice. However, a blood sample was preserved from 1939. HIV was found in it. The disease then likely went to Haiti (HIV was found in blood samples collected in 1966) before it first arrived in 1968 in America. It wasn't until 12 years later that "patient zero" was identified in the U.S.
It cannot be known how many people actually died of the disease prior to it being fully studied in the U.S. in the 1980s. But I'm guessing that from 1939 to 1980 there were many.
Sometimes it helps to do a little research before making erroneous and misleading comments.
Context sweetie, context.

The context was the 70's and 80's, not the 30's.

Sometimes it helps to do a little research before making erroneous and misleading comments.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#187482 Apr 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to get your panties in a wad. No one slandered you. I believe I said "accused"; not that you were convicted of anything. So, factually, I was correct. You were "accused".
And I didn't mention any names. Handing out this man's name will now allow others to look into what he has said about you. And when they do, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.
Doesn't change the distortion you knowingly engaged in.

Topping it off by the hypocrisy of judging me for identifying the accuser after accusing me.

You keep exposing your depravity VV.

How's that make you feel?

Smile.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187483 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>No, silly, if you refer the illustrated page, in the Anatomy chapter, in Biology 101, you'll note that men and women were developed differently, with complementary organs that, if used properly, result in new people, and that gays are misusing their equipment, and that this misuse is not to be considered any sort of grounds upon which to base a marriage. Got it yet? Good. If you don't, ask your mommy or daddy, they will be mortified at your confusion, yet happy to straighten you out.
So once again we are back to the marriage is all about sex? Which is it you keep going round and round. Is marriage about some religious sanctity or is it about sex. Stop flip flopping you sound like a politician.

Milwaukee

#187484 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>No, silly, if you refer the illustrated page, in the Anatomy chapter, in Biology 101, you'll note that men and women were developed differently, with complementary organs that, if used properly, result in new people, and that gays are misusing their equipment, and that this misuse is not to be considered any sort of grounds upon which to base a marriage. Got it yet? Good. If you don't, ask your mommy or daddy, they will be mortified at your confusion, yet happy to straighten you out.
Oh and for your information my parents are perfectly fine with me being gay and they love my bf. thanks anyway

Milwaukee

#187485 Apr 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>First, in order for u to marry another man legally, the state must redefine marriage from a legally recognized union of husband AND wife, to a two person non gender specific spouses for life union.

Second, there's no compelling reason to redefine marriage so that a man can marry another man, or a woman another woman. None. There's no issue that needs addressing. Why does society, in the 21st century need men/women to marry other men/women?
Clearly it is an issue or we wouldn't be discussing it you idiot.
dazzaz

Pittsburgh, PA

#187486 Apr 8, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Wheres the Beef?
Its already here

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 29 at 2:18PM PDT

•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search