Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,186)

Showing posts 163,701 - 163,720 of200,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 13

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Limit freedom of others"? Huh? Please clarify? I would think absence of gov't regulation in one's private life is real freedom.
Your right... funny you fight to add restrictions then ... Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what about couples that can't reproduce they shouldn't be allowed to be married? People shouldn't be allowed to use condoms or birth control. That's what you are saying its all about sex and reproducing?? So women are like the bitches at a puppy farm?
By your logic, because the government doesn't require procreation or sex, anyone who doesn't procreate or have sex is qualified for marriage.

What else doesn't the government require for marriage?

Snicker smile.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is just another grab at freedom, gays used to be able to cohabit without fear of suit for breach of promise. Same sex marriage forces government to treat marriage as if mother and father or husband and wife are disposable. It harms everyone including singles.
There are more important issues, like gays not being able to march in Moscow or survival in other countries.
Stop the hate.
Just another grab at freedom? What is wrong with that? The fears center around things like HIPAA regulations, end of life decisions, inheritance, and over 1000 other little tidbits that a stroke of a pen would give to homosexual couples. Face it, some families aren't accepting of their children's orientation and take it out on their mates when the child is dead or getting there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A duplicated redumbant half is better that a mom and dad? Do you have ANY common sense?
Which of your parents would you eliminate?
Idiot.
Smile.
K-Mart, your reading and comprehension is a bit off tonight. We've heard your ramblings about same sex marriage, but the post you quoted was about polygamy. So there'd be no elimination of any parent. Not that same sex marriage does that either. If a couple has a child and then divorces, does the child necessarily lose a parent? Nope.

Anyway, we were talking polygamy. So the kid would have two dads and a mom, or two moms and a dad. No deficiency, just a bonus parent. Ain't that great?

Who were you calling an idiot? Must have been yourself as I know how you feel about ad hominem attacks and name calling. Goes right along with your silly claim that you're a chimera, lesbian trapped in a man's body, and a monster mutation. You should've picked just one of 'em instead of going overboard. Are you siamese quintuplets too?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>By your logic, because the government doesn't require procreation or sex, anyone who doesn't procreate or have sex is qualified for marriage.

Snicker smile.
Is your view that couples that don't procreate aren't in real marriages?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya suuuure... that's why I here so much about you religous types rejecting service to divorced people...
lying azz piece of sh!t
You hear wrong honey. I've set up work days, day care, legal help, and fixed cars for divorced parents. I've cried with gone to court with and walked day and night with numerous people going through divorce. I've listened to little girls tell me they don't want a 'new' dad. Don't tell me I'm lazy. And I'm just one of many who have done the same thing.

That is just one of countless things hundreds of Churches do in every single community around this world every single day. They disagree with calling ss couples married and sexual immorality, and you entirely condemn them? We've put our money, time and life where our mouth is. Not to earn your approval, but out of grateful hearts and the hope we've found in our struggles.

You might try it sometime.

Smile.

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Back in the 70's the Right started this garbage about how gays were too promiscuous, now they don't believe in gays marrying..............Haters, they just gotta hate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A duplicated redumbant half is better that a mom and dad? Do you have ANY common sense?
Idiot.
Smile.
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
K-Mart, your reading and comprehension is a bit off tonight. We've heard your ramblings about same sex marriage, but the post you quoted was about polygamy. So there'd be no elimination of any parent. Not that same sex marriage does that either. If a couple has a child and then divorces, does the child necessarily lose a parent? Nope.
Anyway, we were talking polygamy. So the kid would have two dads and a mom, or two moms and a dad. No deficiency, just a bonus parent. Ain't that great?
Who were you calling an idiot? Must have been yourself as I know how you feel about ad hominem attacks and name calling. Goes right along with your silly claim that you're a chimera, lesbian trapped in a man's body, and a monster mutation. You should've picked just one of 'em instead of going overboard. Are you siamese quintuplets too?
I understood perfectly. You in fact reiterated exactly what I responded to.

Are you really arguing that a duplicated redumbant half is better that a mom and dad?

Are you really also using a gay troll attack to divert from that issue.

Busted.

Smirk (the lesbian in me is smiling too).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>its called tough love dear. I'm just trying to preapare you for the world!
I do believe VV is well prepared. He's been around a lot longer than you have. He presents very cogent arguments and has been most respectful in here. With your young age you're already filled with a number of misconceptions, at least you've put forth a lot of them in here. I think you're the one in need of being prepared for the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>By your logic, because the government doesn't require procreation or sex, anyone who doesn't procreate or have sex is qualified for marriage.

Snicker smile.
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your view that couples that don't procreate aren't in real marriages?
Isn't a problem. Been the case forever.

Answer my question now.

Snicker smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

GreaterGreece wrote:
Back in the 70's the Right started this garbage about how gays were too promiscuous, now they don't believe in gays marrying..........Haters, they just gotta hate.
No, I think AIDS exposed that gays were too promiscuous.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

No hate, just simple reality.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot of people feeling that way.
I'm just a pissed off old miscreant with enough vinegar to keep shoving my narrow minded outdated opinions in everyone's faces come hell or high water.
Imagining that they're stupid and while pretending to expose their truths as lies kind of takes the fun out of it for them.
Smirk.
I've updated your comment to reflect the increasingly favorable opinion about homosexuals and marriage. Soon you'll be as significant as a brontosaurus. Interesting to look at but extinct. Yeah, I know, there will always be those who look down on homosexuals, but they'll soon be looked upon in the same fashion as those who still look down on others due to their race.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:

Snicker smile.

Isn't a problem. Been the case forever.

Answer my question now.

Snicker smirk.
Answer mine so I understand your exact stance.
Lilith

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Smile.
Gee that's odd given 90+% of the HIV cases globally are hetero and children... Try again

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
Smile.
<quoted text>
I understood perfectly. You in fact reiterated exactly what I responded to.
Are you really arguing that a duplicated redumbant half is better that a mom and dad?
Are you really also using a gay troll attack to divert from that issue.
Busted.
Smirk (the lesbian in me is smiling too).
Would that be two loving parents like the ones I had or a mom who stood by while her husband fucked their daughter like my high school girlfriend? I didn't know it was that bad at the time, but they were first class arseholes and used to beat the shit out of her too, both of them. Then there were the screwed up parents around the corner who made my best friend's life a living hell. Another girl next door to him also lost her virginity to her father. Then there was the family at the entrance to our neighborhood, big brother sexually abused his sister. She was a wreck. Parents didn't seem to know what was going on, maybe, at least they acted that way.

Oh, and my college sweetheart, her mom stood by while the stepdad abused her sexually and mentally, and sexually some more. He also had his way with her half sister (his own daughter). We don't know when it started as the young mind has a way of blotting out things. Her step brother was upset when charges were pressed against the old jerk. He claimed she was ruining a perfectly good family. I bet he's a stellar parent by now. I wonder if he screws his daughters like his father did.

Yeah, I'd rather have two moms or two dads over that any day. As long as they didn't hit me or rape me, and were supportive. that'd be a good start. And there is a lot of it out there, biological parents totally unsuited for parenting.

Smirk.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>its called tough love dear. I'm just trying to preapare you for the world!
Let me relieve you of that responsibility. I've been in this world for going on half a century. I've made it just fine so far without your "tough love".
Lilith

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
There are 3 1/2 million children living with HIV... were they permiscuois too?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Girrrrrllll, I think 40,000,000 abortions a year exposes the fact that heterosexuals are MORE promiscuous!(snap!)

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You hear wrong honey. I've set up work days, day care, legal help, and fixed cars for divorced parents. I've cried with gone to court with and walked day and night with numerous people going through divorce. I've listened to little girls tell me they don't want a 'new' dad. Don't tell me I'm lazy. And I'm just one of many who have done the same thing.
That is just one of countless things hundreds of Churches do in every single community around this world every single day. They disagree with calling ss couples married and sexual immorality, and you entirely condemn them? We've put our money, time and life where our mouth is. Not to earn your approval, but out of grateful hearts and the hope we've found in our struggles.
You might try it sometime.
Smile.
I don't want to bring up old news, but weren't you ACCUSED of breaking up a marriage?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Lilith wrote:
<quoted text>Gee that's odd given 90+% of the HIV cases globally are hetero and children... Try again
Not back then, it was the gay disease.

You're it.

smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,701 - 163,720 of200,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr paddyomalley 7,820
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr all doned in 4,864
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 19 hr Big Juciey Pussie 630
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search