Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
163,661 - 163,680 of 200,590 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Lilith

Seattle, WA

#187275 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of your parents would you eliminate?
Smile.
<quoted text>
I'm seeking to protect a child's mother and father, and you want to deprive them of one.
Really?
Snicker.
Then maybe you should be fighting divorce... eeyh stupid
Rose

Covina, CA

#187276 Apr 7, 2013
Melanie Lynskey knocked off Charlie overseas but she kept him on the right track. Only after she married him, aka Mrs. Harper.
Lilith

Seattle, WA

#187277 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you should shut your toxic hole! You're stinking up the thread!
Go smoke some more cigarettes so you smell like the marlboro man .. you freakin skaank

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187278 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha, it sounds like a lot of work!
Let's not forget that time honored Mormon wife adage, "One night one, six nights off"!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#187279 Apr 7, 2013
Could someone, a SSMer, please explain where do we, as a society, draw the line, in defining marriage? At what point, does it become pointless?

Monogamous conjugal marriage proponents advocate maintaining the legal definition of marriage as a union of husband and wife.

SSM proponents advocate defining marriage as a union of (two) spouses for life, regardless of gender composition.

Plural conjugal marriage practitioners advocate for the inclusion of plural marriage in the legal definition.

Polyamorists, incest.....

Where is the line drawn?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#187280 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You mean you have no defense.
2. I'd say there is homosexual pedophilia and heterosexual pedophilia. I also think there are homosexuals and heterosexuals who take advantage of minors. To deny either of those facts is to leave children vulnerable. You do so to excuse homosexuals. Despicable.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) There is no response to your continued madness.
2.) I challenge you to find a code or statute in any state; any jurisdiction where homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual pedophilia is listed as separate offenses. I'm sure you'll find that all types of pedophilia falls under one listing.
No defense to both points.

Smile.

Location hidden

#187281 Apr 7, 2013
Lilith wrote:
<quoted text>Then maybe you should be fighting divorce... eeyh stupid
I do both for the sake of marriage and children. Makes perfect sense.

Smile.

Location hidden

#187283 Apr 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Could someone, a SSMer, please explain where do we, as a society, draw the line, in defining marriage? At what point, does it become pointless?
Monogamous conjugal marriage proponents advocate maintaining the legal definition of marriage as a union of husband and wife.
SSM proponents advocate defining marriage as a union of (two) spouses for life, regardless of gender composition.
Plural conjugal marriage practitioners advocate for the inclusion of plural marriage in the legal definition.
Polyamorists, incest.....
Where is the line drawn?
Good question.

Any line at that point would be discriminatory.

Smile.
Tired

United States

#187284 Apr 7, 2013
Gays will get there way because people are tired of winning for America then having some judge over turn it. We are a declining country and its just a matter of time before we go under. Im personally to beat up to give a darn anymore.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187285 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Ij never said it was a choice, its a mental disorder
Show me proof??

Since: Apr 13

Seattle, WA

#187286 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you should shut your toxic hole! You're stinking up the thread!
Nothing more sexy then a biatch who smells and tastes like the marlboro man.. eh country fried

Milwaukee

#187287 Apr 7, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>I know it is hard to accept, bigot.
Go back to the playground and bully someone.

Milwaukee

#187288 Apr 7, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the topic at its root is about marriage equality.

Unfortunately your limited brain capacity doesn't afford you the opportunity to critically analyze complex topics.
Limited brain? Pot meet kettle!

Milwaukee

#187289 Apr 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>YES IT IS!!!!!! Other wise why would it matter who married who. C'mon Jared, think about it. Marriage, not individual ones, but the institution is about the sexes, what they do, have sex, and what that sex creates, little Jareds. That's why blood relatives, other than first cousins, are barred from marrying

[QUOTE]
It's about the rights and benefits that we are denied when we are in the same type of relationship as straight married couples.
"

You were married, had all those bennies, just like any other OPPOSITE SEX married couples. Let's not for get the mixed orientation OSCs.

[QUOTE]
. Medical benefits and rights of spouses, tax benefits, inheritance etc. 1,138 rights and benefits we are denied."

So u want a gov't Benny pkg with your same sex partner?
So what about couples that can't reproduce they shouldn't be allowed to be married? People shouldn't be allowed to use condoms or birth control. That's what you are saying its all about sex and reproducing?? So women are like the bitches at a puppy farm?

Milwaukee

#187290 Apr 7, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing more sexy then a biatch who smells and tastes like the marlboro man.. eh country fried
Lol

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#187291 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me proof??

Questions: Is homosexuality more common in men than women? Is it less defined or rigid among women?

Milwaukee

#187292 Apr 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Questions: Is homosexuality more common in men than women? Is it less defined or rigid among women?
Why am I your source for research try google
Anonymous

Bristol, CT

#187293 Apr 7, 2013
Lilith wrote:
<quoted text>Go smoke some more cigarettes so you smell like the marlboro man .. you freakin skaank
well I guess I would rather smell like the hunky marlboro man than smell like limberger cheese wrapped in a sandwich bag that was sitting in the sun for about a week. Go wash that sleeve its hanging so low its catching the dirt off the floor of the strip club!

Seattle, WA

#187294 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I do both for the sake of marriage and children. Makes perfect sense.
Smile.
Ya suuuure... that's why I here so much about you religous types rejecting service to divorced people...

lying azz piece of sh!t

Seattle, WA

#187295 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>well I guess I would rather smell like the hunky marlboro man than smell like limberger cheese wrapped in a sandwich bag that was sitting in the sun for about a week. Go wash that sleeve its hanging so low its catching the dirt off the floor of the strip club!
Is it marlboro or camel perfume you wear

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr anonatall 5,005
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 30 at 2:18PM PDT

•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search