Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187171 Apr 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Denial of what? Why marriage exists in the first place? Why it developed as a male female, either monogamous or polygamous, relationship? Why SSM is virtually a modern Western creation?
But SSM does exist.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187172 Apr 7, 2013
Could someone, a SSMer, please explain where do we, as a society, draw the line, in defining marriage? At what point, does it become pointless?

Monogamous conjugal marriage proponents advocate maintaining the legal definition of marriage as a union of husband and wife.

SSM proponents advocate defining marriage as a union of (two) spouses for life, regardless of gender composition.

Plural conjugal marriage practitioners advocate for the inclusion of plural marriage in the legal definition.

Polyamorists, incest.....

Where is the line drawn?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#187173 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
If anyone on here is still ignorant enough to think being gay is a choice try this. Choose to be gay for a while you will see that you can't. You should be able to if its as simple and choosing to turn right or left at a stop sign. Go ahead choose to be gay for a week. This will prove to all of you that it's not a choice.
What difference should that make for your argument about gay marriage? How about the person that can go both ways? Yes the one you never talk about, the "bi" sexual, let's be fair and allow them to marry one of each. I surely don't want to discriminate against the Bi. Do you? After all, they were born that way...right?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187174 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>there's nothing wrong with saving a buck with those roll-back prices;)
Hell yeah, and I can stick it in what's her names g-string later when I have my Wally World beer goggles on!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187175 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
If anyone on here is still ignorant enough to think being gay is a choice try this. Choose to be gay for a while you will see that you can't. You should be able to if its as simple and choosing to turn right or left at a stop sign. Go ahead choose to be gay for a week. This will prove to all of you that it's not a choice.
Assuming that "being gay is not a choice", what are the ramifications, societal obligations, personal responsibilities, etc.?

Why not just a societal "so what"? It is what it is. Why does that mean marriage redefinition? SSSB is not new, why does it require redefinition of legal marriage?

Milwaukee

#187176 Apr 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What difference should that make for your argument about gay marriage? How about the person that can go both ways? Yes the one you never talk about, the "bi" sexual, let's be fair and allow them to marry one of each. I surely don't want to discriminate against the Bi. Do you? After all, they were born that way...right?
So you like all others that don't understand gay or bisexual people think that it's all about sex.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187177 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>REALLY? Wow thanks for clarifying that! Its amazing, that one went way over my head! Please, go look at other threads and you tell me if they are on topic! The discussion flops around and gets twisted into a bunch of different topics! Now go find something else to do because you are a bore!
"just the facts" just felt the need to go off topic and tell you that you are off topic.

He does that to me too. He's silly like that. Silly!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187178 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Never seen a liberal closeted politician caught playing around with a boy-toy?
Of course there has. It is just funnier when some self righteous bible thumpin' gay basher gets caught getting his back doors bashed in. Almost as funny as watching Rush Lamebrow bungle his way through making his drug addiction less "wrong" than anyone else's.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#187179 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Entertainment my dear! That's all it is. But I wonder why these people stay up all night just to post the same comments over and over again! How many times can you repeat yourself?
It's a little insulting to us that you find our situation amusing.

I'm guessing that if the shoe were on the other foot--if someone tried to deny your rights to bear arms or worship in the way you feel appropriate, you'd be on here trying to change minds, just like us.

And I'm guessing that you would get frustrated and angry if anyone made fun of your situation.

We're not here for your entertainment.

In some of your posts you indicate that you are a Christian person. Your words and actions are not those of Christ.

Here's a little tip... Before you get ready to hit the "post comment" button below, ask yourself, "Is this something that Christ would say? Is this how he wanted us to act when he commanded us to "love your neighbor as you love yourself"?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187180 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I support a brand (K Mart) that is on the decline and will cease to exist soon. I prefer to shop at successful retailers that will still be around if I have a problem with a purchase in the future.
Well excuuuuuuse me!

K Mart's been around probably over 50 years, don't write the obituary just yet. Great fishing tackle. Ammo.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187181 Apr 7, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand the topic of this thread? Here is a clue its not about the bible, jebus or how, where and why gay people have sex.
Give us one more clue Jizzy!

Milwaukee

#187182 Apr 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Assuming that "being gay is not a choice", what are the ramifications, societal obligations, personal responsibilities, etc.?

Why not just a societal "so what"? It is what it is. Why does that mean marriage redefinition? SSSB is not new, why does it require redefinition of legal marriage?
Because we want to have the same rights and benefits as a traditional m/f marriage. Why can't we have that how does it hurt anyone?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187183 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like all others that don't understand gay or bisexual people think that it's all about sex.
It's not?

Location hidden

#187184 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those stores still exist? Not that I would ever or have ever shopped there. Walmart on the other hand is probably your type of store. I can imagine seeing pics of you on the people of Walmart website.
K Mart is still around. Not quite the job killing entity that MalWart is though. I won't say I've never ducked into either store, but I'm not a regular. I try to support local businesses with my trade. Not that there are many of them left. I really don't mind paying a little bit more.

Keep on imagining those pics though. I'm flattered you're thinking about me. Just to enhance your fantasy, think long hair, dishwater blond going grey, beard doing the same, denim, T-shirt, and Caterpillar boot wearin' motorcyclist. No ink, full set of teeth except the four pulled for braces (no white bread and mayonaise smile too, clean 'em in the morning and after each meal, not afraid of floss either) average build. Lots of scars, mostly inflicted by critters and a dirt bike wreck or two. Not too tall, not too short.

Location hidden

#187185 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have an issue, I can quit cold turkey without giving it a thought. Its just staying away that's difficult when everyone and I do mean everyone around me smokes!
Everyone? The US has about 20% of adults smoking. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find a new crowd. It ain't as easy to smoke while you're out on the town these days either, not at least here. Even the prisons are smoke free. Which is a mistake as the stuff tends to be calming in stressful situations.

Location hidden

#187186 Apr 7, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Walmart is the shiz! Its the one stop for all my needs:)
Get a job at MalWart and get back to us. Oh, and try to buy a Huffy bicycle made in the US. You'll have to use eBay and find an old one though. MalWart killed off the last bicycle factory on US soil. As much as some folks think we don't need manufacturing jobs there are large numbers of folks that could use them. I also have fond memories of someone showing me a pair of nail clippers they'd purchased for their dog. I didn't know metal could be made to be so soft. They had all the strength of American cheese single slices. Capitalism with out soul or conscience, that should be MalWart's slogan.

Milwaukee

#187187 Apr 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Well excuuuuuuse me!

K Mart's been around probably over 50 years, don't write the obituary just yet. Great fishing tackle. Ammo.
I prefer Cabella's or Gander Mountain for my Ammo.

Milwaukee

#187188 Apr 7, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>K Mart is still around. Not quite the job killing entity that MalWart is though. I won't say I've never ducked into either store, but I'm not a regular. I try to support local businesses with my trade. Not that there are many of them left. I really don't mind paying a little bit more.

Keep on imagining those pics though. I'm flattered you're thinking about me. Just to enhance your fantasy, think long hair, dishwater blond going grey, beard doing the same, denim, T-shirt, and Caterpillar boot wearin' motorcyclist. No ink, full set of teeth except the four pulled for braces (no white bread and mayonaise smile too, clean 'em in the morning and after each meal, not afraid of floss either) average build. Lots of scars, mostly inflicted by critters and a dirt bike wreck or two. Not too tall, not too short.
Yeah I just threw up in my mouth a little from your description.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187189 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Everyone? The US has about 20% of adults smoking. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find a new crowd. It ain't as easy to smoke while you're out on the town these days either, not at least here. Even the prisons are smoke free. Which is a mistake as the stuff tends to be calming in stressful situations.
In my town you cannot smoke in your apartment or on it's grounds or even the parking lot. You can only smoke in a single family unattached house. No duplexes.

People from the apartments huddle in front of the single family houses near them to smoke. Lots of them. At all hours. New laws new problems.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187190 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
The best thing prison will do for criminals may be to make them stop smoking. Most of the other effects of prison are negative. Except keeping them away from us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) 2 hr ET SNELL 26
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr free for all 5,081
Do you approve of Mary Bono Mack as Representat... (Jul '12) 8 hr marcella williams 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr surfs up 7,955
Scottish-Americans mixed on keeping kingdom united 16 hr James 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs