Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,177)

Showing posts 163,521 - 163,540 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
I botched this post up above^^^
<quoted text>
This is something your parents should've talked to you about...
From the Oxford dictionary drug is defined:
medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
Nicotine is, by definition, a drug. Just like alcohol is a drug. Both of these have clinically observable effects on the brain. What separates these two from pot, cocaine, LSD, peyote, etc. is a poorly reasoned legal matter. Alcohol was illegal at one point in our not so distant past and we've still not learned what little prohibition does to reduce consumption of the outlawed substance The net effect wass nil once all the bootleggers were up & running. But it certainly created a nasty distribution network that precipitated turf wars and other violent crime. Legalise and tax the product and treat the addicts like the medical patients that they are, same as alcoholics and lung cancer patients. It'd be a whole lot cheaper and a lot less violent. And substances would probably be of more consistent and cleaner quality. Prison populations would decrease significantly in the years following such an action.
In terms of damage and addiction pot is less harmful than those ciggies you're smoking. This all depends upon how heavily one is into their habits. Weed also doesn't cause anywhere near the behavioral problems associated with alcohol. Ask a cop if they'd rather deal with a drunk or stoner.
<quoted text>
Funny you should say this after some of your other comments. I know a number of women that smoke. Sometime around 40 their skin starts to change. Yeah, we all get old and wrinkly, eventually. People that smoke tend to deteriorate more rapidly. The only thing you can do that would be worse is to worship the sun without any sunscreen and go for that deep dark tan - tanning booths are good for ya too!
I'm in my mid 50s and I know women in my age group that still have nice skin. None of 'em smoke. I also know a lot of women a few years younger that have that weathered handbag look.
If you are going to smoke you really ought to look into products made without the added chemicals the major companies load into your cigs. Some Native American smokes are made without them.
I don't have a problem with pot! I smoke that too on occasions. When I say drugs, sure it opens it up to a broad spectrum, but I mean the nasty crap like cocaine/meth etc. People who do that is definetly noticeable. It wears your skin out, rots your teeth out, destroys your body and your mind!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude all gays are sensitive! Their like women you have to watch what you say or they take it to heart!
I know! It's terrible, it gets in the way of a good time ....
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is a factory built - what company? There's a two story McMansion down the road from me that came in on four trucks. At least the first and second floor. Trusses were set on top of them for the roof.
I lived in a double wide not long after I got out of college. It was owned by the boss and rented fairly cheap. I lived there for about 6 months or so. I was glad to get out of it and subsequently kiss that job goodbye.
The thing was a POS like most trailers are. The materials used in them are smaller in dimension (I ain't talkin''bout length) compared to stick built and surface materials are usually total garbage. I grew up in Tennessee. Just about everytime we got through tornado season a few trailer parks would take a beating. Been through one of them in a brick home. I sure wouldn't want to experience it in a trailer.
I don't know what the name of the manufacturer is. Its going to be a couple months yet before we get the cash to buy it. We stopped and looked at it but we didn't get into the detail, we're still going to look around but that one I have my eye on. But I know what you mean. Your traditional manufactured homes are normally built kind of cheaply you can say with the weak thin boards ( don't know what size exactly) and everything else. Because they are meant to be moved. They can't make them real heavy because I believe there is a weight limit when it comes to moving them. But up here it doesn't matter when it comes to the weather. I live in western new york, every once in a blue moon we will get a tornado and when they hit they are never around me where I Am its way too hilly they would only touch down for like a second! So I'm not worried about that. And this isn't a 2 story. Its like a double wide only taller and it has the big windows in the livingroom, its beautiful:) vinyl siding and actual shingles not that roll out aluminum crap
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered why there was never a "Butch Pal for the Straight Gal" show on cable like the "Queer Eye....". Probably never got off the drawing board.
There is something about the sight of two attractive women who are.....uh....ah....:) It does seem to have a stimulating effect....
Yes, two attractive women.key words there. In real life most lesbians are nasty. They are dirty, butchy gross girls. Most of the time you can't tell if their a girl or man. Sometimes I wonder how a biological woman could look so manly. Its just not right! When me and my friend would mess around to get everyone going we really drew in a crowd:)lol. It was fun! But with starting a family now I can't do stuff like anymore!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... Coming out is a political statement.
Thought you might take that tack....
"Coming out" is a personal statement about ones own sexuality, and the "political statement" is a call to unite. The "coming out" isn't a call to unite, it is self-serving publicity stunt to attract mates. They are different. Would I be serving a political agenda if I got on TV and announced that I was a Witch?. No. I'd be telling people about my personal business. Would I be serving a political agenda if I got on TV and announced that Witchcraft was a discriminated-against religion? Yes. See? They are different. The difference is that I do not care if some poof wants to be known as available. It's not what we are supposed to use public media for, at least, it didn't used to be, but, as we all know, we know live in self-indulgent times. Keep your personal information to yourself, please, you are making entirely too much noise in my space.
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! It's terrible, it gets in the way of a good time ....
I'm a lady(obviously) but I have a sense of humor, and I don't take everything to heart, I can joke around with people without getting offended. That is why everyone I know loves me!:)lol

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a problem with pot! I smoke that too on occasions. When I say drugs, sure it opens it up to a broad spectrum, but I mean the nasty crap like cocaine/meth etc. People who do that is definetly noticeable. It wears your skin out, rots your teeth out, destroys your body and your mind!
It all depends upon frequency and dosage though. As well as the individual's level of addiction.

I smoked as a teen/young adult. I've quit three times and started back twice, each time while dating a woman that smoked. Been away from them for over 20 years now. Each time I quit it was easy, just walked away. Others have great difficulty.

Likewise with alcohol and some of the harder drugs. As I stated earlier they all should be treated as health issues instead of criminal issues.
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Coming out" is a personal statement about ones own sexuality, and the "political statement" is a call to unite. The "coming out" isn't a call to unite, it is self-serving publicity stunt to attract mates. They are different. Would I be serving a political agenda if I got on TV and announced that I was a Witch?. No. I'd be telling people about my personal business. Would I be serving a political agenda if I got on TV and announced that Witchcraft was a discriminated-against religion? Yes. See? They are different. The difference is that I do not care if some poof wants to be known as available. It's not what we are supposed to use public media for, at least, it didn't used to be, but, as we all know, we know live in self-indulgent times. Keep your personal information to yourself, please, you are making entirely too much noise in my space.
when it comes to homosexuality words and phrases are getting too strict and I think its ridiculous. For example, my little sister is in 5th grade, she got a week of out of school suspension because she said "that's gay" when the tip of her pencil broke off! The teacher said it was discrimatory slander. Gay used to mean happy, now the only time you can say that word without being punished is if you're comming out! I think all of it is ridiculous. People need to relax! The people who are considered "minorities" I believe are bcomming the majority! If a straight guy beats up a gay guy its a hate crime. But if a gay guy beats up a straight guy everyone just looks the other way. What's up with that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, two attractive women.key words there. In real life most lesbians are nasty. They are dirty, butchy gross girls. Most of the time you can't tell if their a girl or man. Sometimes I wonder how a biological woman could look so manly. Its just not right! When me and my friend would mess around to get everyone going we really drew in a crowd:)lol. It was fun! But with starting a family now I can't do stuff like anymore!
Most are nasty? Manly? That hasn't been my experience at all. I've got a couple living next door. Both attractive and quite nice. I have a few more as clients and some are attractive while some are not. Just like the rest of the world. Take a walk through a mall and get back to me on the state of personal hygiene in this country.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Gay people do not come out in order to attract mates. I guarantee you that you are 100% wrong.

When I came out to my friends, I was attempting to let them know about who I am--the real me.

Prior to coming out, so many of the women I worked with either hit on me or were trying to fix me up with their friends. It was uncomfortable for me. And I'm sure it made for some awkward moments for the girls I turned down.

For my family, it was important for them to know. I got tired of the pressure from them to date and marry--to settle down. They needed to know so that they would understand that they had it all wrong.

It is important for my community to know so that others who are struggling in the closet can know that there is a happy, wonderful life that they can experience. It has been helpful for young gay teens to recognize that there is a vibrant and powerful community for them.

During the AIDS crisis the LGBT community galvanized. We marched and protested in an effort to get better care for people who were dying needlessly.

It is helpful for celebrities to come out since they present a "normal" image to the rest of society. For eons, various cultures (including ours) has had a really bad idea about who gay men were. They thought we were lecherous old men who hung around parks and men's rooms--looking for victims.

When a kid or anyone who is struggling with coming out sees a sports figure admit that he or she is openly gay, it helps him or her to have someone to relate to. It goes a long way to helping them understand that they are normal and not alone.

I have yet to see a gay man or woman celebrity come out with the intention of finding a mate. And I've NEVER seen or heard such an interview with a publicly out celebrity that involved lurid details of their sex life.

I've seen plenty of closeted, conservative politicians or other public figures who were caught playing around with a boy-toy. Their hypocrisy is an embarrassment to them and their gang.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I would think that coming out has multiple layers.
Homosexuals have been the butt of jokes for as long as I've been around. Gay folks have been ostracised heavily in that same time. I don't think it comes as a surprise that many keep their orientation a secret for a fair portion of their early life. Kids are cruel as hell. Eventually they've got to come out if they're going to be honest with themselves or their families. Political reasons? Sure. Seeking mates? Sure. But is that the sum total of the reasons for coming out? I seriously doubt it. I don't honestly think I can understand what it is to be forced into the closet, much less come out of it, given the way gays have been viewed for a good portion of my life.

I am reminded of my nephew's struggle. Most of us (his extended family) knew he was gay for a long time - since he was quite young. He finally came out after he was caught with a young man about 3 or 4 years older. His biological father disowned him. He didn't speak to another son by a different mother for a few years because he pierced his ear. That wasn't macho and really bothered him. Surprisingly, his stepfather kept an open mind. His mother, was totally surprised by the news and worried the rest of us would shun her. It was a bit messy for her until she got all of our reaction. Mostly, "what, you didn't know before now?" He is now married to his partner of 4 years. He's a quiet polite young man, clean cut and hard working. His mate is similar apart from being a bit more outgoing. His family has been much more supportive of him as far as I know.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>when it comes to homosexuality words and phrases are getting too strict and I think its ridiculous. For example, my little sister is in 5th grade, she got a week of out of school suspension because she said "that's gay" when the tip of her pencil broke off! The teacher said it was discrimatory slander. Gay used to mean happy, now the only time you can say that word without being punished is if you're comming out! I think all of it is ridiculous. People need to relax! The people who are considered "minorities" I believe are bcomming the majority! If a straight guy beats up a gay guy its a hate crime. But if a gay guy beats up a straight guy everyone just looks the other way. What's up with that?
Yeah, she should have said.. that is so Christian when things are that stupid.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

ss couples are an evolutionary mistake. A frustrated, fruitless friendship.

Sorry.

Smile.

I just proved it doesn't exist. And you have no argument but denial.

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Smile.
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clearly in denial.
Words describe reality.

When the word 'leg' comes to describe a tail, what describes the leg?

Moreover, would the tail become the same as a leg? Of course not.

Hence the problem with calling an imposter relationship marriage.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen plenty of closeted, conservative politicians or other public figures who were caught playing around with a boy-toy. Their hypocrisy is an embarrassment to them and their gang.
1. Never seen a liberal closeted politician caught playing around with a boy-toy?

Got some hate, denial, bigotry, deceit and ignorance all balled up in one sentence there...

2. I thought you were talking about homosexuality. According to your numerous protestations, gay sex with a minor is pedophilia, not homosexuality.

Another Freudian slip???

Smile.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Regular readers of this thread are aware that the love I have for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes even the Africans, is second to none. Even so, I do not approve of "married" Homosexual couples adopting little non-Homosexual children and then raping them over and over.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/cb3n2lf

Ronald
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yeah, like your parents. Bet that they still cry themselves to sleep every night. "Oh" they must cry "Oh, if only our son had been normal".
----------
If two bown eyed parents had a blue eyed son would they cry themselves to sleep? It would be because both of them had blue eyeed genes in their background. If they had a homosexual son, it would be because the mother had a homosexual trait on one of her X chromosomes from grandfather or great grandfather or great-great grandfather.
Thomas Wickles

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

There's no homosexual gene.

Science points to strange brain lateralization, instead.

The Supreme Court was when you hit the wall of reality.

I'm almost sorry for you.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Never seen a liberal closeted politician caught playing around with a boy-toy?
Got some hate, denial, bigotry, deceit and ignorance all balled up in one sentence there...
2. I thought you were talking about homosexuality. According to your numerous protestations, gay sex with a minor is pedophilia, not homosexuality.
Another Freudian slip???
Smile.
1.) Not even worth addressing

2.) "Boy Toy" is a term given to a younger man (not a child or minor) who is with someone much older.
And let me ask you a question... If gay sex with a minor is "homosexuality", then what is heterosexual sex with a minor considered? Would it be heterosexuality or just pedophilia?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, she should have said.. that is so Christian when things are that stupid.
You stayed up until 2 AM just to say that?

Beware! "Stupid" Christians are all around you! Ever vigilant!

Too funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
Regular readers of this thread are aware that the love I have for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes even the Africans, is second to none. Even so, I do not approve of "married" Homosexual couples adopting little non-Homosexual children and then raping them over and over.
Source: http://tinyurl.com/cb3n2lf
Ronald
Ronald.

I do not approve either. This is the same sort of behavior that "Big D" accuses people in polygamous marriages of, he may be shocked that non polygamists are guilty of it. Maybe they are secretly polygamists?

Best Wishes and say hello to your honey for me. Arf!

Frankie Rizzo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,521 - 163,540 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Weather Watch for Riverside County was issued at April 21 at 2:06AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE