Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
163,501 - 163,520 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah lesbians rock? You wouldn't be saying that if you seen the lesbian I seen today. Good God she looked like a man. Walking out of auto zone with a quart of oil to put in her trashy GMC jimmy. I thought it was a man until I seen her flappy boobies hanging to her knees througgh her wife beater. She had a mullet and everything, nasty looking woman she was. The lesbians you like are the young hot college girls who are experimenting. Actual lesbians are ugly, stinky and gross!
I've wondered why there was never a "Butch Pal for the Straight Gal" show on cable like the "Queer Eye....". Probably never got off the drawing board.

There is something about the sight of two attractive women who are.....uh....ah....:) It does seem to have a stimulating effect....

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Enrico Salvatore Rizzo wrote:
End up a hunchback like my old man? If you think I'm crippled, you should have caught him at the end of the day. My old man spent fourteen hours a day down in that subway. He come home at night, two to three hours worth of change stained with shoe polish. Stupid bastard coughed his lungs out from breathin' in that wax all day. Even a faggot undertaker couldn't get his nails clean. They had to bury him with gloves on.
We're notoriously good with nails. If a gay man couldn't get out the stains, nobody could.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, was that a "Yes" or a "NO"?
Yes... Coming out is a political statement.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stupid and boring.
Now, go away.
Again I ask, are you old enough to be here?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clearly in denial.
K Mart confuses opinion for fact quite often.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what this topic is about. Once again if you want to start another topic do so.
Dodge..

It's O.K. bigot.
Duueess

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Your still breathing my air.
Hiddyn Terlitt

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

My Grandmother, may she rest eternally in the quiet deep dark and with good drink and meat and blade at hand, used to say:
"Yarshtziey, o'oshiguatun ya, ya, o-yahieo, nebushnietza polos sibyn na'aretyakst govotyu baalionst. Nee` pdtornyu
a-aailyopuist puist pajalstya, notur notu notur panya mayu polski kielbasa yar, putz". That is as near as I remember it and I think of it still, occasionally, like now.
Ports

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Texas is the ideal place for relocation.

Magpul, HiViz, Beretta, and Colt, your businesses are welcomed with open arms in the 36th District of Texas.

Warmest wishes,

Steve Stockman

U.S. Representative

36th District of Texas
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say this after some of your other comments. I know a number of women that smoke. Sometime around 40 their skin starts to change. Yeah, we all get old and wrinkly, eventually. People that smoke tend to deteriorate more rapidly. The only thing you can do that would be worse is to worship the sun without any sunscreen and go for that deep dark tan - tanning booths are good for ya too!
I'm in my mid 50s and I know women in my age group that still have nice skin. None of 'em smoke. I also know a lot of women a few years younger that have that weathered handbag look.
If you are going to smoke you really ought to look into products made without the added chemicals the major companies load into your cigs. Some Native American smokes are made without them.
I smoke senecas. They're indian made, but their good I think they're better than marlbs. And yes people who smoke age quicker because smoking restricts the blood vessels thus limiting oxygen to the skin. Also it sucks vitamin c which is a vital vitamin when it comes to skin's elasticity. I have quit a lot of times but I go back to it for some reason. Idk, maybe because my fiance smokes too it makes it more hard for me . And when it comes to tanning I am naturally tan. I have never used a tanning bed before in my life! During the summer I only have to be outside for 10 min and I will have an even golden tan and that's no lie! But everybody is different my fiance's mom smokes like 2 packs a day and she has since she was 14, she's 47 now and she's gorgous! You would never know it by looking at her. If you eat healthy and excersize in most cases that can overpower ciggarettes so you can be a middle aged smoker and no one would be able to notice aside from the smell!
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

I botched this post up above^^^
<quoted text>
This is something your parents should've talked to you about...
From the Oxford dictionary drug is defined:
medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
Nicotine is, by definition, a drug. Just like alcohol is a drug. Both of these have clinically observable effects on the brain. What separates these two from pot, cocaine, LSD, peyote, etc. is a poorly reasoned legal matter. Alcohol was illegal at one point in our not so distant past and we've still not learned what little prohibition does to reduce consumption of the outlawed substance The net effect wass nil once all the bootleggers were up & running. But it certainly created a nasty distribution network that precipitated turf wars and other violent crime. Legalise and tax the product and treat the addicts like the medical patients that they are, same as alcoholics and lung cancer patients. It'd be a whole lot cheaper and a lot less violent. And substances would probably be of more consistent and cleaner quality. Prison populations would decrease significantly in the years following such an action.
In terms of damage and addiction pot is less harmful than those ciggies you're smoking. This all depends upon how heavily one is into their habits. Weed also doesn't cause anywhere near the behavioral problems associated with alcohol. Ask a cop if they'd rather deal with a drunk or stoner.
<quoted text>
Funny you should say this after some of your other comments. I know a number of women that smoke. Sometime around 40 their skin starts to change. Yeah, we all get old and wrinkly, eventually. People that smoke tend to deteriorate more rapidly. The only thing you can do that would be worse is to worship the sun without any sunscreen and go for that deep dark tan - tanning booths are good for ya too!
I'm in my mid 50s and I know women in my age group that still have nice skin. None of 'em smoke. I also know a lot of women a few years younger that have that weathered handbag look.
If you are going to smoke you really ought to look into products made without the added chemicals the major companies load into your cigs. Some Native American smokes are made without them.
I don't have a problem with pot! I smoke that too on occasions. When I say drugs, sure it opens it up to a broad spectrum, but I mean the nasty crap like cocaine/meth etc. People who do that is definetly noticeable. It wears your skin out, rots your teeth out, destroys your body and your mind!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude all gays are sensitive! Their like women you have to watch what you say or they take it to heart!
I know! It's terrible, it gets in the way of a good time ....
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yours is a factory built - what company? There's a two story McMansion down the road from me that came in on four trucks. At least the first and second floor. Trusses were set on top of them for the roof.
I lived in a double wide not long after I got out of college. It was owned by the boss and rented fairly cheap. I lived there for about 6 months or so. I was glad to get out of it and subsequently kiss that job goodbye.
The thing was a POS like most trailers are. The materials used in them are smaller in dimension (I ain't talkin''bout length) compared to stick built and surface materials are usually total garbage. I grew up in Tennessee. Just about everytime we got through tornado season a few trailer parks would take a beating. Been through one of them in a brick home. I sure wouldn't want to experience it in a trailer.
I don't know what the name of the manufacturer is. Its going to be a couple months yet before we get the cash to buy it. We stopped and looked at it but we didn't get into the detail, we're still going to look around but that one I have my eye on. But I know what you mean. Your traditional manufactured homes are normally built kind of cheaply you can say with the weak thin boards ( don't know what size exactly) and everything else. Because they are meant to be moved. They can't make them real heavy because I believe there is a weight limit when it comes to moving them. But up here it doesn't matter when it comes to the weather. I live in western new york, every once in a blue moon we will get a tornado and when they hit they are never around me where I Am its way too hilly they would only touch down for like a second! So I'm not worried about that. And this isn't a 2 story. Its like a double wide only taller and it has the big windows in the livingroom, its beautiful:) vinyl siding and actual shingles not that roll out aluminum crap
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered why there was never a "Butch Pal for the Straight Gal" show on cable like the "Queer Eye....". Probably never got off the drawing board.
There is something about the sight of two attractive women who are.....uh....ah....:) It does seem to have a stimulating effect....
Yes, two attractive women.key words there. In real life most lesbians are nasty. They are dirty, butchy gross girls. Most of the time you can't tell if their a girl or man. Sometimes I wonder how a biological woman could look so manly. Its just not right! When me and my friend would mess around to get everyone going we really drew in a crowd:)lol. It was fun! But with starting a family now I can't do stuff like anymore!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... Coming out is a political statement.
Thought you might take that tack....
"Coming out" is a personal statement about ones own sexuality, and the "political statement" is a call to unite. The "coming out" isn't a call to unite, it is self-serving publicity stunt to attract mates. They are different. Would I be serving a political agenda if I got on TV and announced that I was a Witch?. No. I'd be telling people about my personal business. Would I be serving a political agenda if I got on TV and announced that Witchcraft was a discriminated-against religion? Yes. See? They are different. The difference is that I do not care if some poof wants to be known as available. It's not what we are supposed to use public media for, at least, it didn't used to be, but, as we all know, we know live in self-indulgent times. Keep your personal information to yourself, please, you are making entirely too much noise in my space.
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I know! It's terrible, it gets in the way of a good time ....
I'm a lady(obviously) but I have a sense of humor, and I don't take everything to heart, I can joke around with people without getting offended. That is why everyone I know loves me!:)lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a problem with pot! I smoke that too on occasions. When I say drugs, sure it opens it up to a broad spectrum, but I mean the nasty crap like cocaine/meth etc. People who do that is definetly noticeable. It wears your skin out, rots your teeth out, destroys your body and your mind!
It all depends upon frequency and dosage though. As well as the individual's level of addiction.

I smoked as a teen/young adult. I've quit three times and started back twice, each time while dating a woman that smoked. Been away from them for over 20 years now. Each time I quit it was easy, just walked away. Others have great difficulty.

Likewise with alcohol and some of the harder drugs. As I stated earlier they all should be treated as health issues instead of criminal issues.
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Coming out" is a personal statement about ones own sexuality, and the "political statement" is a call to unite. The "coming out" isn't a call to unite, it is self-serving publicity stunt to attract mates. They are different. Would I be serving a political agenda if I got on TV and announced that I was a Witch?. No. I'd be telling people about my personal business. Would I be serving a political agenda if I got on TV and announced that Witchcraft was a discriminated-against religion? Yes. See? They are different. The difference is that I do not care if some poof wants to be known as available. It's not what we are supposed to use public media for, at least, it didn't used to be, but, as we all know, we know live in self-indulgent times. Keep your personal information to yourself, please, you are making entirely too much noise in my space.
when it comes to homosexuality words and phrases are getting too strict and I think its ridiculous. For example, my little sister is in 5th grade, she got a week of out of school suspension because she said "that's gay" when the tip of her pencil broke off! The teacher said it was discrimatory slander. Gay used to mean happy, now the only time you can say that word without being punished is if you're comming out! I think all of it is ridiculous. People need to relax! The people who are considered "minorities" I believe are bcomming the majority! If a straight guy beats up a gay guy its a hate crime. But if a gay guy beats up a straight guy everyone just looks the other way. What's up with that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, two attractive women.key words there. In real life most lesbians are nasty. They are dirty, butchy gross girls. Most of the time you can't tell if their a girl or man. Sometimes I wonder how a biological woman could look so manly. Its just not right! When me and my friend would mess around to get everyone going we really drew in a crowd:)lol. It was fun! But with starting a family now I can't do stuff like anymore!
Most are nasty? Manly? That hasn't been my experience at all. I've got a couple living next door. Both attractive and quite nice. I have a few more as clients and some are attractive while some are not. Just like the rest of the world. Take a walk through a mall and get back to me on the state of personal hygiene in this country.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Gay people do not come out in order to attract mates. I guarantee you that you are 100% wrong.

When I came out to my friends, I was attempting to let them know about who I am--the real me.

Prior to coming out, so many of the women I worked with either hit on me or were trying to fix me up with their friends. It was uncomfortable for me. And I'm sure it made for some awkward moments for the girls I turned down.

For my family, it was important for them to know. I got tired of the pressure from them to date and marry--to settle down. They needed to know so that they would understand that they had it all wrong.

It is important for my community to know so that others who are struggling in the closet can know that there is a happy, wonderful life that they can experience. It has been helpful for young gay teens to recognize that there is a vibrant and powerful community for them.

During the AIDS crisis the LGBT community galvanized. We marched and protested in an effort to get better care for people who were dying needlessly.

It is helpful for celebrities to come out since they present a "normal" image to the rest of society. For eons, various cultures (including ours) has had a really bad idea about who gay men were. They thought we were lecherous old men who hung around parks and men's rooms--looking for victims.

When a kid or anyone who is struggling with coming out sees a sports figure admit that he or she is openly gay, it helps him or her to have someone to relate to. It goes a long way to helping them understand that they are normal and not alone.

I have yet to see a gay man or woman celebrity come out with the intention of finding a mate. And I've NEVER seen or heard such an interview with a publicly out celebrity that involved lurid details of their sex life.

I've seen plenty of closeted, conservative politicians or other public figures who were caught playing around with a boy-toy. Their hypocrisy is an embarrassment to them and their gang.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 2 hr Nose Jobs 641
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr Fly right 4,893
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Jul 27 Ron 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 2:18AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••