Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
162,961 - 162,980 of 200,585 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186534
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Was polygamy legal before Prop 8? No
Was same sex marriage legal before Prop 8? Yes
You call that equally?
Frankie thinks that Prop 8 was a deceptive ploy not to ban Same Sex marriage, but to make Poly marriage even more illegal than it was before.

That banning same sex marriage was just a side effect of its actual intention.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186535
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
t is like saying since most people that are married have brown eyes, brown eyed marriages are directly related to marriage and so we should look down on people that marry that have blue eyes
I donít think there should be any "perks" for having children myself but that is a different subject.
The only connection they need to get out of their heads is that the ability to have, or intent to have children has not now nor ever been a requirement for a couple to marry.
Same Sex marriage does not change that one tiny little bit
I think it is dumb for them to keep bringing up a tactic that has already failed as they have been unable to show that procreation has ever been a requirement for a marriage license.
Families are the foundation of society, the building blocks. Especially marriages with children. Thus justified government perks. To encourage marriage. If there were no government perks for marriage, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I believe there should only be government benefits for families with children regardless of their parents marital status or sexual preference. And lesser benefits if any for families without children since marriage is good for society. ALL marriage, even unpopular ones like those child molesting welfare cheating polygamists. And yes, siblings.

WOO HOOO! Gimme some lucky charms.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186536
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie thinks that Prop 8 was a deceptive ploy not to ban Same Sex marriage, but to make Poly marriage even more illegal than it was before.
That banning same sex marriage was just a side effect of its actual intention.
Oh come on, just when I thought you might be getting reasonable in your late youth.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186537
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nooooo!
Xemu International :D
There is a bill to rename SFO Harvey Milk International. I don't mind but I like Emperor Norton International better.

If they rename it Harvey Milk, I would have to endure my crude New York relatives "Flying" out to visit me. "We'll be FLYING into Harvey Milk around COCKTAIL hour..."
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186538
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on, just when I thought you might be getting reasonable in your late youth.
I am trying to be as reasonable as you are :)

It isnít easy to be that unreasonable
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186539
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a bill to rename SFO Harvey Milk International. I don't mind but I like Emperor Norton International better.
If they rename it Harvey Milk, I would have to endure my crude New York relatives "Flying" out to visit me. "We'll be FLYING into Harvey Milk around COCKTAIL hour..."
Ah, I had no idea

Is that any different than republicans homosexual wet dream of coming into Reagan?

I suppose that is up to the people of SF

Personally I donít like it when they re-name stuff

I didnít like it when they re-named Cape Canaveral Cape Kennedy

I didnít like it when they renamed Washington national airport

but I suppose that is up to the people that live there.

I did however agree that Pluto is not ( and never really was ) a planet
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186540
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Families are the foundation of society, the building blocks. Especially marriages with children. Thus justified government perks. To encourage marriage. If there were no government perks for marriage, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
I believe there should only be government benefits for families with children regardless of their parents marital status or sexual preference. And lesser benefits if any for families without children since marriage is good for society. ALL marriage, even unpopular ones like those child molesting welfare cheating polygamists. And yes, siblings.
WOO HOOO! Gimme some lucky charms.
Having children is a choice, and people should take careful stock of their situation before having children to insure that their situation is stable, financially and emotionally before deciding to have or adopt children.

I donít think we should be handing out rewards for doing so, we are overpopulated already.

I love children, and I am part of the problem as I had several.

Your welfare cheating child molester friends aside, I donít think the government should be rewarding or punishing people's behavior trough taxation. That is a crutch, we should make our own decisions and take on the financial and emotional responsibility that go along with those decisions. I have never liked the idea of the government trying to control peopleís behavior though taxation.

Unfortunately there is not a political party that agrees with me.:)
Claudias

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186541
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

The big threat?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186542
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is not answering a simple question spot on. Well I guess for you avoiding intellectual debate is your typical style so you would think it to be spot on for someone else to do the same.
Says the sissy who ran like a girl/blonde.

Snicker.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186544
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was just pointing out how idiotic it is to equate an ever only duplicated sterile half to the gender diversity of marriage.
Most people don't know I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man until I tell them.
Kind of messes up your gay twirl, doesn't it.
Smirk.
Shit Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people DO know that you're a neurotic, delusional mess.
Troll attack because you have no logical argument.

Again.

Snicker.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186545
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am trying to be as reasonable as you are :)
It isnít easy to be that unreasonable
Yeah yeah.

Being reasonable in your mind means to respectfully look up at you on the mountaintop while you dispense your sage down to us.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186546
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was just pointing out how idiotic it is to equate an ever only duplicated sterile half to the gender diversity of marriage.
Most people don't know I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man until I tell them.
Kind of messes up your gay twirl, doesn't it.
Smirk.
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people know that is a tired old juvenile joke. Funny if you're a teenager, yawn provoking if you're mature.
Kind of messes up your validity, doesn't it?
Third response to my post that has no direct counter, just ad homoan attacks against me.

A clear sign of a failed position.

I'm a hermaphrodite and a genetic chimera.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186547
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah.
Being reasonable in your mind means to respectfully look up at you on the mountaintop while you dispense your sage down to us.
Only when you stoop as low as you have been :)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186548
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We're discussing same sex marriage laws and Jar wrote: "Incest laws come from not wanting children with a third eye or some other defect. Gays and lesbians can't reproduce as a couple so nothing to worry about there." It seems to me, this argues procreation and marriage are related.
Now, we get another story where marriage has nothing to do with procretion.
I'd contend, the reason people support same sex marriage are emotional, not rational.
They keep getting caught with their pants down and major rug burns...

Snicker.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186549
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the sissy who ran like a girl/blonde.
Snicker.
Don't like women, eh?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186550
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was just pointing out how idiotic it is to equate an ever only duplicated sterile half to the gender diversity of marriage.
Most people don't know I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man until I tell them..
...as they back slowly away from the crazy person.....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186551
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Only when you stoop as low as you have been :)
"Stoop as low" translation- Not looking respectfully enough at you on the mountaintop. Or not agreeing with you 100%.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186552
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because of the rabid rejection of any connection between marriage and procreation by SSM zealots. It's hard to let it go by when someone insists they are not at all related. Most of the government perks for marriage are based on raising children.
I say it is dumb and wrong to deny the connection. Much better to say, yes they are related but irrelevant. And that ssm couples often have children too.
No, dear,

There is no "rabid rejection" by SSM proponants. It is "rabid self-delusion" by SSM opponents that marriage ONLY has to do with raising children and that children are ONLY raised by hetero couples.

You need to take this argument up with them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186553
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dear,
There is no "rabid rejection" by SSM proponants. It is "rabid self-delusion" by SSM opponents that marriage ONLY has to do with raising children and that children are ONLY raised by hetero couples.
You need to take this argument up with them.
You need to take meds.
Towing charges

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186554
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Carnival, the world's largest cruise operator, has rejected a request from a powerful U.S. senator that it reimburse the U.S. government for the costs it incurs for rescuing the company's ships when they become disabled.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... 1 hr fauxilady 12
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 20 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed facts faced 15,929
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Tue Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 17 Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••