Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186383 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the little boy complaining about personal attacks.
You should run a hypocrite school, you are an expert
"Little boy". You're too much, slick. Too f'in much! Funny!

What a patronizing jackass.

Try and relax tough guy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186384 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
To even consider that procreation is a requirement for marriage is not only dumb, but terribly offensive to a very large number of married couples.
You see, you're a liar. He is not arguing that it is a requirement, you changed the argument you devious little sneak.

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us.
Tellit

Chico, CA

#186385 Apr 3, 2013
Regarding gay marriages, and with no disrespect toward gays, can someone please explain why does one newly wed dress in a tux and the other with a beautiful strapless wedding gown if they are both the same sex?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186386 Apr 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, you're a liar. He is not arguing that it is a requirement, you changed the argument you devious little sneak.
Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us.
I was responding to your lie as I have never said it has nothing to do with it, I have said it is not any kind of requirement and never has been.

I do agree with shame on you
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186387 Apr 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Little boy". You're too much, slick. Too f'in much! Funny!
What a patronizing jackass.
Try and relax tough guy.
Still crying about personal attacks Frankie.... poor baby

( chuckle )

Should I respond again to your post, to remind you that you were crying about personal attacks?

Fun for everyone :)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186388 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
( chuckle )
Should I respond again to your post, to remind you that you were crying about personal attacks?
Sure. Re post the post where I cried liar.

Get on topic jackass you're boring us. You're mad. No one cares!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186389 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to your lie as I have never said it has nothing to do with it, I have said it is not any kind of requirement and never has been.
I do agree with shame on you
?

Rethink that, relax, translate it for us and re-post it when you're not so angry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186390 Apr 3, 2013
YUK!YUK!YUK! Big D is having a bad day.

Anyway, forget that silly jackass, any weddings coming up?

It's not a party without Frankie!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186391 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
( chuckle )
You sure you're having fun Biggie?

Too funny!
Beepers

Covina, CA

#186392 Apr 3, 2013
Back off on the gun control.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#186393 Apr 3, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I think marriage has anything to do with procreation. I know plenty of married people with no children.
STILL no logical counter to this fact;

A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!

Ho, Ho, Ho, Hilarious!!!

Location hidden

#186394 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isnít a belief, we KNOW for a FACT that procreation is not any kind of prerequisite for a marriage license whatsoever
We give them to Vets that donít have the use of the lower half of their bodies, we give them to men and women who cannot have children.
It isnít a belief, we KNOW that procreation is not any kind of a requirement for a marriage.
So only things required on a marriage license qualify for marriage, otherwise it is not a part of marriage?

Really. How long is the list?

Snicker.
Anonymous

United States

#186395 Apr 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks I will continue to make sure that tyrants are put in their place thank you very much.
No one is trying to take rights away from you, it is you that so desperately want to deny rights to others, rights that will do you no harm whatsoever.
I'm not desperate to do anything. I don't agree to same sex marriage! I'm not acting on that you Big Dork. Shut that Big =D

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#186396 Apr 3, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
veryvermilion.
Yes. You are right. In less base times, our Homosexual friends and the lesbians had enough self-respect to keep their sexual proclivities "in the closet" (so to speak). Then the 60s 70s revolutionaries (now in power) arrived on the scene. In their attempt to show that their wrongful ideas were "new, unique, and different", they cried out "LET IT ALL HANG OUT!".
According to Solomon:
"One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.(Ecclesiastes 1:4)
"The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose." (Ecclesiastes 1:5)
"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9)
Isaiah would seem to have been answering today's 60s 70s era revolutionaries and the idiot hang-it-outer "Love children" they have spawned when he counseled:
"Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.(Isaiah 1:4)
"Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint." (Isaiah 1:5)
"Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:" (Isaiah 1:22)
"And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them." (Isaiah 3:4)
"And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable." (Isaiah 3:5)
"The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves." (Isaiah 3:9)
Ronald
If I say to you, "I am gay." In what way is that vulgar? How have I committed a social misstep?

Making a statement about one's orientation is not an example of "letting it all hang out".

Maybe you long for the day, just like many LGBT people, when it's unnecessary to "come out".

As it is now, people assume that you're straight until you correct them.

Parents assume that they have heterosexual kids, yet we know that babies are being born this very second who are gay.

Like it or not, we live during a time when it is important to make ourselves known to larger society so that they no longer feel that it is OK to oppress and vilify gay people.

If we are going to live the happy lives that we are entitled to live, then we need to be sure that discrimination, ignorance, and hatred becomes a thing of the past.

You threw out several verses from scripture. I'm not sure of each one's intent.

However, I will respond to the last one; the one that mentions Sodom.

Why is it that you continue to believe that the sin of Sodom was homosexuality? Ezekiel 16:49 "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."

You propagate a myth when you associate homosexuality with the citizens of Sodom. Look at the story of how Lot dealt with the supposed gang of gay men who stood outside of his home and demanded that the angels be sent out so they could "rape" them.

Lot refused. Instead he offered is daughters.

Why would Lot believe that a group of gay men would be satisfied with women? It doesn't make sense does it?

And what does it say about Lot that he would offer his daughters to be raped? What kind of father would do such a thing?

And a little bit of reading about Lot's daughters show that they were a fairly twisted group themselves. They were worried that their father's lineage was going to end. So two of the daughters got him drunk, had sex with him, and became pregnant.

Why is that story not as outrageous to you as the myth about homosexuality?

Location hidden

#186397 Apr 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If I say to you, "I am gay." In what way is that vulgar? How have I committed a social misstep?
Making a statement about one's orientation is not an example of "letting it all hang out".
Maybe you long for the day, just like many LGBT people, when it's unnecessary to "come out".
Parents assume that they have heterosexual kids, yet we know that babies are being born this very second who are gay.
Like it or not, we live during a time when it is important to make ourselves known to larger society so that they no longer feel that it is OK to oppress and vilify gay people.
If we are going to live the happy lives that we are entitled to live, then we need to be sure that discrimination, ignorance, and hatred becomes a thing of the past.
Why is it that you continue to believe that the sin of Sodom was homosexuality? Ezekiel 16:49 "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."
You propagate a myth when you associate homosexuality with the citizens of Sodom. Look at the story of how Lot dealt with the supposed gang of gay men who stood outside of his home and demanded that the angels be sent out so they could "rape" them.
Why would Lot believe that a group of gay men would be satisfied with women? It doesn't make sense does it?
And what does it say about Lot that he would offer his daughters to be raped? What kind of father would do such a thing?
And a little bit of reading about Lot's daughters show that they were a fairly twisted group themselves. They were worried that their father's lineage was going to end. So two of the daughters got him drunk, had sex with him, and became pregnant.
VV, you do realize that you make the case that Sodom was one twisted city that had a horrible impact on Lot's family...

Especially considering that Lot was considered the righteous one.

Oh, and I suspect that Lot was choosing the lessor of two evils regarding his daughters, and did a check to see if homosexuals would change orientation if the tits were on the table.

Smile.

Knoxville, TN

#186398 Apr 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Was it difficult to find this wikipedia article on incest?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest
You claim marriage has nothing to do with having children, but here you seem to be justifying your belief in the incest taboo on the effects of inbreeding on children, what's up with that? Either marriage has nothing to do with posterity or it does; which is it?
<quoted text>So, there is no objection if a brother/sister couple use contraceptives?
<quoted text>Didn't you read the whole wikipedia article you quoted above? You are listing stories told early in the Bible, later two books, Leviticus and Deuteronomy both explicitly condemn closely related incest. Are you trying to tell a half-truth about the Bible to support your political goals? Do you think the history told in the first part of the Bible shape the Biblical laws listed in later books?
Look, you made a comment that religion condemns incest and they are the basis of our current laws forbidding the practice.

I simply pointed out that there are biological concerns and that incest was practiced in ancient times--even recorded by Biblical scholars.

Since incest is not the topic of this forum and I have no interest in incest, I will bow to your knowledge of the subject.

You seem concerned that I cherry-picked the Bible about laws concerning incest.

I will only throw out that you cherry-pick with regards to homosexuality. You guys have a death grip on the Mosaic laws concerning homosexuality. But you always seem to forget scripture which clearly says that we no longer live by the law. Rather, we live through the grace of Christ's death. This is why you see widespread consumption of lobster and shrimp; a complete lack of concern with regards to the treatment of menstruating women; lots of mixed vegetable gardens; men shaving products, etc.

Knoxville, TN

#186399 Apr 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
VV, you do realize that you make the case that Sodom was one twisted city that had a horrible impact on Lot's family...
Especially considering that Lot was considered the righteous one.
Oh, and I suspect that Lot was choosing the lessor of two evils regarding his daughters, and did a check to see if homosexuals would change orientation if the tits were on the table.
Smile.
Again, you make absolutely no sense. "Tits on the table"? WTF?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#186400 Apr 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
veryvermilion.

Yes. I agree. Judging the worth of a man by his exploits in the bedroom - or in today's post 60s 70s era form, in the public square - rather than by what is written in his heart is in its most elemental form rebelling against he who made them male and female. According to the instruction manual:

"Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD." (Jeremiah 17:5)

"Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is." (Jeremiah 17:7)

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)

"I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings." (Jeremiah 17:10)

Ronald

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186403 Apr 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>STILL no logical counter to this fact;

A fruit tree bearing fruit.
A fruit tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A nut tree who never bears fruit wanting to be a fruit tree.
A nut tree hanging fruit on it's branches pretending to be a fruit tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' fruit trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call nut trees fruit trees too!

Ho, Ho, Ho, Hilarious!!!
So plants are the same as humans that's stupid.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186404 Apr 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do. But Big D constantly harasses me with his dopey angry personal attacks. It's fun to respond. Get him going real good.

But let's get back on topic! I fully support marriage equality. Do you? Big D doesn't.

P.S. You never answered. Am I to assume I won't be invited to your wedding?
Yes I support marriage equality. Yes you can come to the wedding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Palm Springs Jobs

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]