Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
162,761 - 162,780 of 200,332 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as ss couples being married.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

ss couples are a direct defect contradiction to the primary purpose of evolutionary mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.

You wouldn't know a rational argument if it bit you on the ass. Maybe if you lose the weight?

HO, HO, HO
Troll we have seen this same cut and paste over and over and over. Get a life and some of your own thoughts.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as ss couples being married.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
ss couples are a direct defect contradiction to the primary purpose of evolutionary mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage'.
You wouldn't know a rational argument if it bit you on the ass. Maybe if you lose the weight?
HO, HO, HO
odd, I can produce legal documents from a number of states that beg to disagree with you. I think you need to visit the legislature in all of these states to point out the error of their ways. get goin' now, and mind the door so it doesn't hit your fat add on the way out. see you in a few months.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>so why are you on here
You will notice he attacks everyone that is for Same Sex marriage, and defends all those opposed.

Really not worth talking to
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Magic Johnson's son, E.J. Johnson was just outed as being gay. I wonder if E.J.'s mother had a gay father. If so, it would indicate sex-linked inheritance of homosexuality. Of course if she did have a gay father he might have been "in the closet" and she might not have known about it.
Magic is proud of his son, and now he is probably in favor of gay marriage.
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Explain how all of us got here without incest if it all started with Adam and Eve.....
That was when the gene pool was small. Now that it the gene pool is large, it is diluted and needs to be regulated to preserve the strength of the best genes.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
That was when the gene pool was small. Now that it the gene pool is large, it is diluted and needs to be regulated to preserve the strength of the best genes.
I think eugenics died with Nazi's regiem
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You will notice he attacks everyone that is for Same Sex marriage, and defends all those opposed.
Back atcha jackass!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You will notice I get "attacked" from both sides. That's because I am an independent thinker, unlike you sheep who live in a simplistic world of absolutes.

I other words, you're a partisan dope. And don't think for yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think eugenics died with Nazi's regiem
What's a regiem?
YouTube watcher

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Archie Bunker wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the voters in California, voted for the ban on same sex marriage.
Then some liberal, left wing judge, from the 9th Circuit Court decides to strike it down.
Wrong - Wrong - Wrong. GOD IS GONNA CUT YOU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!
Edith agrees.
Well said.
To think a state thatvhas the largest amount of gay people in it does NOT want Gay marriage says a lot.
But to think they do NOT have the right to see their opinions valued is a sad state of affairs.
Obama is a horrible president when it comes to valueing people rights to freedom of speech, life (you cannot create babies with the same sex partners) & our basic liberties.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Dorn wrote:
Magic is proud of his son, and now he is probably in favor of gay marriage.
How do you know? Are you his son's boyfriend?
FM station

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Still stinking up the air waves, FM?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

FM station wrote:
Still stinking up the air waves, FM?
Get a job!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as ss couples being married.

HO, HO, HO
Actually you are false. There are currently states that have ss married couples. So once again you are wrong!!

Evolutionary mating behavior has males humping and female that is in heat without monogamy. Once again you are false by trying to equate mating behavior. Also in nature there are many species that participate in sexual acts between the same gender. Ever are a male dog hump another male dog. Pretty sure everyone has.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

YouTube watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
To think a state thatvhas the largest amount of gay people in it does NOT want Gay marriage says a lot.
But to think they do NOT have the right to see their opinions valued is a sad state of affairs.
Obama is a horrible president when it comes to valueing people rights to freedom of speech, life (you cannot create babies with the same sex partners) & our basic liberties.
actually that vote was during a quickly closing window of opportunity that the churches took advantage of.

If the Supreme court does not make the right decision, it will go back on a ballot and Prop 8 will quickly be struck down by popular vote today, all the polls show the same result.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You will notice I get "attacked" from both sides. That's because I am an independent thinker, unlike you sheep who live in a simplistic world of absolutes.
I other words, you're a partisan dope. And don't think for yourself.
So you are saying you independently attack anyone that is for Same sex marriage and independently defend anyone opposed to Same Sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying you independently attack anyone that is for Same sex marriage and independently defend anyone opposed to Same Sex marriage.
Whenever a dummy says "so you are saying...", it's not what you are saying.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Zealots only see what they want to see.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Zealots only see what they want to see.
No, I have been here for months, and you systematically attack anyone that is in favor of Same Sex marriage and defend anyone opposed

this isnít new, and I am not the first person to point this out.

There is a reason that people dont bleieve you
Way Out

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

U.S. sees highest poverty spike since the 1960s, leaving 50 million Americans poor as government cuts billions in spending.

RNC, GOP, Republicans and tea party members are in 7th heaven, they all agree that the weak should die and the strong must live (SO DID HITLER) so does that mean there's no way out?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 23 min float 7,842
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Acme Pest Control 15,916
Review: Rich's Painting Wed Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Wed Alice 2
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Wed AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Wed Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••