Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201887 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#185667 Mar 30, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>You'll find out just how real it is when you have to face God and try to explain your blasphemies!
We have all sinned according to what you believe so see you there. Isn't forgiveness what you are supposed to teach and preach not hate and intolerance?? If you have to make laws against a group of people to prove your morals and faith. Then you have no true morals or faith to prove!!
Cam

Valencia, CA

#185668 Mar 30, 2013
Why can't gay people just be glad that they are tolerated?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#185673 Mar 30, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Go try to get a license. Go ahead. They need another lunatic in the asylum.
Can't. It's illegal. Because of outdated and disproven medical theories.

In New York and several other states I can marry my first cousin though, so why not my brother or sister?

Equal protection is not limited. There's plenty to go around. Stop trying to hog it all! Or do you have another motive?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#185674 Mar 30, 2013
Cam wrote:
Why can't gay people just be glad that they are tolerated?
Tolerated? Are you serious? Are Blacks tolerated too? Or handicapped people?people born without a limb? Just because someone is not in the majority does not mean they are tolerated. I suppose you think what Hitler did was ok? He was against groups of people that were not what he thought to be "normal". Seems similar to your thinking. Look at photos of protestors against interracial marriage from 40 years ago they look like idiots. It's also what you look like and will look like in the future. Things change and evolve or do you still take a horse to work and pump water from your well by hand?
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185675 Mar 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It would help explain why polygyny is far more prevelant than polyandry.
neither of them are very "prevelant"

and that is the reason that NOt many people are behind you...

lack of information.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185676 Mar 30, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Did it ever occur to you that it is just morally wrong? Not just from a religous point of view but the overall perspective!
Not even the lawyers who defended DOma or prop HATE(8)

could give the court a reason to ban gay marraige that WASNT based on prejudices, politics and personal belief.

he himself admitted that it was passed under such conditions.

The constituion clearly states that religious belifes are not to influence law making!!

we base our laws on the constittuion, not the bible..

sorry.

this isnt a nation founder by god to be run by jesus and his confused diciples...
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185677 Mar 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress made a law denying some Christians and and Muslims marriage according to their beliefs.
exactly, it was passed with Obvious bias, and the court recognized that fact..

thus DOMA will liley be struck down....along with prop 8, which has already been found unconstituional by the california supream court.

or were you refering to another federal law that you think usurps rights unfairly...??
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#185678 Mar 30, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you to get an education in philosophy BEFORE you make stupid comments about morality?
O.k.a.y professor go back to teaching your students how to use their fine gift of homosexuality!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#185679 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>Not even the lawyers who defended DOma or prop HATE(8)

could give the court a reason to ban gay marraige that WASNT based on prejudices, politics and personal belief.

he himself admitted that it was passed under such conditions.

The constituion clearly states that religious belifes are not to influence law making!!

we base our laws on the constittuion, not the bible..

sorry.

this isnt a nation founder by god to be run by jesus and his confused diciples...
Great comment!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#185680 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly, it was passed with Obvious bias, and the court recognized that fact..
thus DOMA will liley be struck down....along with prop 8, which has already been found unconstituional by the california supream court.
or were you refering to another federal law that you think usurps rights unfairly...??
Yes. The laws against poly and incest marriage are EQUALLY unconstitutional.

Geez, tough guy. Grammar. At least try. Relax. Take your time.
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#185681 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even the lawyers who defended DOma or prop HATE(8)
could give the court a reason to ban gay marraige that WASNT based on prejudices, politics and personal belief.
he himself admitted that it was passed under such conditions.
The constituion clearly states that religious belifes are not to influence law making!!
we base our laws on the constittuion, not the bible..
sorry.
this isnt a nation founder by god to be run by jesus and his confused diciples...
You my dearest sunshine are confused! Are you gay? How does it work, is there a wife man and a husband man? Do you switch roles, and positions?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185682 Mar 30, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Go try to get a license. Go ahead. They need another lunatic in the asylum.
XBox

Frankie raises a valid point. If the opposite sex requirement is no longer to be maintained because it is considered discriminatory, by what reasoning do we maintain the prohibition against blood relatives from marrying? Or limit the number of spouses to two? Both of them are discriminatory.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185683 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even the lawyers who defended DOma or prop HATE(8)
Prop 8 against poly mate?

[QUOTE[
could give the court a reason to ban gay marraige that WASNT based on prejudices, politics and personal belief.
[/QUOTE]

Same can be said about polygamy, and marriage between relatives. Fair is fair.
he himself admitted that it was passed under such conditions.
The constituion clearly states that religious belifes are not to influence law making!!
we base our laws on the constittuion, not the bible..
sorry.
this isnt a nation founder by god to be run by jesus and his confused diciples...
Exactly....no reason to ban marriage between any consenting adults.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#185684 Mar 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
XBox
Frankie raises a valid point. If the opposite sex requirement is no longer to be maintained because it is considered discriminatory, by what reasoning do we maintain the prohibition against blood relatives from marrying? Or limit the number of spouses to two? Both of them are discriminatory.
XBox is very bigoted against polygamy.(S)he once posted an angry hissy-rant against it, including "What about the children?!"

But of course Rose_NoHo ignored the flagrant violation of her dopey "Rose's Law". Still, according to Rose's Law, XBox is a moron.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185685 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
so you HAVE to wait until you are 18, even IF YOU KNOW your gay to date an older guy...??
ive seen alot of younger men with older guys.... they LOVE older guys
it never really peaks my freak meter...
JERRY was with LITTLE boys......hardly comparable to a teen who knows he is totally gay...
lets see what GAY people have to say??
you and i arnt that qualified to judge a situation like that..
it is certainly in the border lands.....good call mother superior...
ill think on that..
comparing him to a child molester isnt really fair though...
try harder next time...
Refreshing, to see that you have found a way to justify pedophilia. I see that it isn't pedophilia, if the younger boy seeks the company of the older man, that seems to exonerate the older man. Nice.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185686 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
so you HAVE to wait until you are 18, even IF YOU KNOW your gay to date an older guy...??
ive seen alot of younger men with older guys.... they LOVE older guys
it never really peaks my freak meter...
JERRY was with LITTLE boys......hardly comparable to a teen who knows he is totally gay...
lets see what GAY people have to say??
you and i arnt that qualified to judge a situation like that..
it is certainly in the border lands.....good call mother superior...
ill think on that..
comparing him to a child molester isnt really fair though...
try harder next time...
Your intellect is truly.......dizzying. Let's see what the other gays have to say, shall we? If anything. They might stay strangely silent on this issue, although I would use the phrase "closing ranks"...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185687 Mar 30, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should wake up from your bigotry and realize the world evolves.
Yes, indeed, this post DOES clarify the difference between polygamy and SSM. Truly edifying.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185688 Mar 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 against poly mate?
<quoted text>
Same can be said about polygamy, and marriage between relatives. Fair is fair.
<quoted text>
Exactly....no reason to ban marriage between any consenting adults.
I never said there was..
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185689 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
mr.Reichardo...the bigot.
when you see a older man and a youger man together in harmony and love??
you see a child molester....
because that is what you want to see.
whe i see a 16 year old who really loves his older man??
i say "be careful" ...only as i would anybody dating someone that much older...
16 year old women date 30 year old men all the time..
some of them want their daddies??
mabey?
whatever....
it is a pretty permissive society when it comes to sexuality....
at the one I live in...
Riccardo sees clearly, as do I, that this is defined as pedophilia. The judge will also. So, you believe that you live in a society that is permissive enough to allow pedophilia, do you? We call that "Chicken-hawking", don't you? You HAVE heard that term before, haven't you? You are deranged, and perverted, to think that we would allow that.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185690 Mar 30, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>You my dearest sunshine are confused! Are you gay? How does it work, is there a wife man and a husband man? Do you switch roles, and positions?
I get that alot...

I passionatle speaks up for civil rights for gay and lesbians??

so i naturally must be gay....

sorry to rain on your parade....

i come from a tolerant family...... thats all...

you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) Wed Chechi6 67
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Nov 29 SnottyGurl 24
News The Pass2 men charged with attempted murder in ... Nov 24 Cabazon 4real 1
David Thornton Sells Obama Salts For Millions. ... Oct '16 Patriot 1
News Teens protest legislation (Mar '06) Oct '16 never really a part 227
Obama does not want you to check for ill Att. c... Oct '16 Luke 1
Obama does not want you to check for ill Att. c... Oct '16 Luke 1

Palm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Springs Mortgages