Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,097)

Showing posts 161,921 - 161,940 of200,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You took an extension class on the Constitution, and think you "educated".
I'm much better educated than you. It's funny, really.
"Extension Class?" Is that what they call the GED program you are in now Rose?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal Right's do? Buzz cut? Afro? Mullet?
Are you off your med's again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
A man is allowed to marry a woman, but a woman isn't.
A woman is allowed to marry a man, but a man isn't.
Tell that to the court.

"In contrast, neither men nor women are disproportionately disadvantaged or burdened by the fact that New York's Domestic Relations Law allows only opposite-sex couples to marryóboth genders are treated precisely the same way. As such, there is no gender [*16]classification triggering intermediate scrutiny. "- Hernandez V Robles.

Unlike yours, that opinion matters.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
im just curious??
did the the black men and women ever get to rule over the white men until 2009??
your delusions dont fit reality pal...
that is why we call you "lunatic fringe"
were wise to ya this time....
and your final solution..
Tommy cochrane.

Yes. I suppose if we were to be ignorant of history - willfully or otherwise - your premise would have some degree of merit. The fact is, though, as opposition grew to Republican/African rule throughout the South, the defeated White Christians regained control of the political machinery and enacted laws that effectively ended the horror of African rule. That lasted until the 60s 70s revolutionary era which once again resulted in the Africans gaining control of taxpayer funded Governmental Apparatuses

Ronald
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How many non WASP presidents have we had other than JFK? Obama is half white, probably Scotch Irish, on his mother's side?
yeah his mothers side!!!.....what are you huh???

from now on armado??

there is going to be some sharing of power.

the next president is likely to be female...

after that??

a....latino.

tell me your not upset about the cardinals picking pope francisco??
Pietro Armando

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Batman
from now on armado??
after that??
a....latino.
What about an Italiano? Who are latins by the way. We've never had an Italian, Japanese, Pole, German, Greek, Jew, Buddhist, Muslim, female, etc. What about those groups?
The son of Italian immigrants? My peeps still win. Latin by birth, and by blood. Vita e'bella.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

ROME, ITALY (Catholic Online)- The Pope's family comes from Portacomaro Stazione a wine producing region in Asti, known to many Americans for its sparkling Asti Spumante. This is where his father worked on an Italian railway line before immigrating to Argentina.†

Italians immigrated to Argentina in large numbers between 1857 and 1930 with more than 300,000 settling in Argentina.

Pope Francis, as a first-generation Argentinean, has plenty of family back in Italy. He isn't alone, as about 60 percent of all Argentineans share Italian ancestry. He also speaks fluent Italian and is sufficiently familiar with Italian culture as to be considered an insider, albeit one posted from overseas.

Pope Francis still has several cousins in the country who he has visited on previous occasions.

In Italy, several of Francis's family are hoping to visit the Vatican soon as well as deliver congratulatory gifts. It is likely they'll get a chance to see him, for although he is busy, he is also humble and a man of all the people, at least so it seems.

As Cardinal Bergoglio, he commonly spent time with the poor and common folk of Buenos Aries, ministering to them charitably, much as Saint Francis over seven centuries ago. Bergoglio was also known for using public transportation rather than a chauffeur to get around.

While some of his down-to-earth traditions will need to change, after all, he is the now the Pope and a leader of 1.2 billion people. He will now need to spend more time surrounded with security and monsignori, as he goes about his daily work.

Still, we can probably expect surprises from this earthly pope, who is just as comfortable on a public bus as he is at the head of his Church.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> I don't like asparagus. Does that make me a vegetable bigot. Playing semantics games makes you appear less than sincere. Of course it's no secret that all your side has are emotion based arguments.
That makes you an asparagus bigot, not a vegetable bigot.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
this is open season??
but you wont get too far...
cause ya gotta blame someone, for your tea baggin confusion..
People in Anderson need to get sum ediKatshun. lol.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
im just curious??
did the the black men and women ever get to rule over the white men until 2009??
your delusions dont fit reality pal...
that is why we call you "lunatic fringe"
were wise to ya this time....
and your final solution..
If you are just curious, then just ask the question, that's all.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
from now on armado??
after that??
a....latino.
You are exactly what's wrong with our Government, Bush did the same thing. Instead of picking the very best candidate or Gov. employee, it's now more important to pick by skin color and gender. It's idiots like you that vote for that.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are exactly what's wrong with our Government, Bush did the same thing. Instead of picking the very best candidate or Gov. employee, it's now more important to pick by skin color and gender. It's idiots like you that vote for that.
I take eric holder as prime example of that...

however there are plenty of good people too

you loons tend to automatically hate governemnt.

it is clear as day, with the congress showing the american people just how disfunctional they can be...

they have an approval rating in the twenties.

they seem to be IN governemnt to destroy it.

youd throw out the babay with the bath water, if we let you....

which we never will.......that baby is important to lots of people.

including bankers.....fool.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
veryvermilion.
*(The rhetoric following was removed for the purpose of keeping within the 3000 character limit of Topix only)*
Yes. You are right. From beginning to end, one of the main themes of the Bible is separation. According to the historical record:
"And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech." (Genesis 11:1)
"And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there." (Genesis 11:2)
"And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter." (Genesis 11:3)
"And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth." (Genesis 11:4)
"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded." (Genesis 11:5)
"And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11:6)
"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
After the Republicans invaded our Southern States, they divided them into military districts for the purpose of enlarging their political power. To enable their rule over the defeated White Christian male, the Republicans disenfranchised him while at the same time they denied his right to hold public office. At the same time they enfranchised the Africans for the purpose of ruling over White women and men. The current preposterous notion of Homosexual "marriage" is a direct outgrowth of that Republican power grab that used their African allies to subjugate the White Christian, as well as to destroy the Christian religion.
Ronald
So, I'm guessing that you think civil rights protections should be rolled back?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>That was long winded, but I agree.
So we're of like minds about some things... Good to know. I appreciate you hanging in and reading my long post.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious, I know heís your new man crush and all, but, canít you see the hypocrisy of his/her/itís posts? Either heís lying about being a freak or lying about being a freak. Either way, heís a liar and a liar. Not to mention, he posts scientific THEORY as fact, and you sheep just eat it up without question. I had a bit of respect for you when you were a bigot just because you were a bigot, but, itís when you try to glom onto his deceptions that you lose all respectability. Why is it so important to you that you have common unity with your fellow haters?
You have a funny way of seeing things....First, let me set you straight. He couldn't be my man crush, as I don't have any such things, being a straight man. Second, How do you figure that either he is lying or he is lying? Does his open admission leave you legless? I think so. Third,He posts his piece as you do yours, but as a bigot, you dislike what he posts. Fourth, glom onto his deceptions? He is posting obvious and apparent facts. I have even posted 2 links to dispute your claim that only he uses these terms. Sorry to disprove you on that, but I figured that you'd wish to be corrected when wrong. Fifth, common unity? Isn't that the same thing that your side is guilty of? How duplicitous of you, to enjoy something that you wish to deprive me of. Hypocrite.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís what all haters say when they are losing. Grow up, you big baby. Haters like you are a diminishing sort. Not everything that you donít like is a conspiracy. And, the only tyranny here is your obsessive and hysterical posts.
Of course, what else would you say? Hysterical? ROFLMAO. Of course you would say something like that, as well, in a vain attempt to railroad your propaganda. Sorry, ain't falling for that old one. Ever listen to a con man? First thing he'll tell you is "I can be trusted" LOL You might have more luck selling me The Brooklyn Bridge...
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a funny way of seeing things....First, let me set you straight. He couldn't be my man crush, as I don't have any such things, being a straight man. Second, How do you figure that either he is lying or he is lying? Does his open admission leave you legless? I think so. Third,He posts his piece as you do yours, but as a bigot, you dislike what he posts. Fourth, glom onto his deceptions? He is posting obvious and apparent facts. I have even posted 2 links to dispute your claim that only he uses these terms. Sorry to disprove you on that, but I figured that you'd wish to be corrected when wrong. Fifth, common unity? Isn't that the same thing that your side is guilty of? How duplicitous of you, to enjoy something that you wish to deprive me of. Hypocrite.
you would have a great point if you wernt so wrong about gay marraige..

you haters do tend to flock .......

and hide under rocks...

rock.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
I take eric holder as prime example of that...
however there are plenty of good people too
you loons tend to automatically hate governemnt.
it is clear as day, with the congress showing the american people just how disfunctional they can be...
they have an approval rating in the twenties.
they seem to be IN governemnt to destroy it.
youd throw out the babay with the bath water, if we let you....
which we never will.......that baby is important to lots of people.
including bankers.....fool.
The rulers in Government are exactly what you got, Gender and skin color qualified.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So we're of like minds about some things... Good to know. I appreciate you hanging in and reading my long post.
people have ALWAYS been using their own interpretations of the bible...

just look a this ugly crowd of stinkers...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís about equality fool. You a-wipes are the ones who backed us into a corner. Now weíre fighting back and kicking your ---es and thereís nothing you can do to stop us but whine like a bunch of sniveling wimps. Donít like it, too bad mo-fo. The tide has turned and itís raining on you haters. Weíre smarter, better educated, organized and pissed off and we wonít stop until we have everything we want and maybe more. And all you can do is sit there and watch and run your toothless ignorant mouth. I suggest you got have another drink and beat your wife, maybe then youíll feel like a man.
You know, for a minute, I was willing to treat you with respect, but you're just a little biotch, ain't you? Do you beat YOUR wife to feel like a man? All of us REAL men do not even think about such things, but it is plain that you need to conjure up some manliness, so I'd suggest that you try to do that to a man, get your ass beat, and then brag to all your little poof friends that you won. I cannot wait until the SCOTUS declares itself unable to render any decisions about your kind, and then I'll listen to YOUR whimpers. With pleasure. As far as claiming that we backed you into a corner, that is laughable. You yourselves know how wrong your behavior is, and it is why you feel the need to "come out" and burden us with your guilt. Keep your aberrant behavior behind closed doors, where it belongs. You aren't kicking any ass, you are sneaking your agenda through with propaganda and infiltration. Sabotaging the normality of American society is what you're doing, all to hold out greedy little grasping hands and avoid accepting your proper places in America. Squirt tears, boi. You aren't fooling anyone, and now the the elections are over, the SCOTUS isn't so enthusiastic about your simpering little selves or your lame causes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161,921 - 161,940 of200,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Decide what 4,837
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 17 hr 21 and over 15,909
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 6 Tammie Casas Is Fat 625
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
Review: Steve Leskera Painting Jul 2 Digiscotto69 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••