Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,561 - 161,580 of 200,581 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#185028 Mar 27, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
But, KiMare does not lie. KiMare speaks more eloquently than just about any other poster, and put your side to shame. Your side has to resort to lies and insults, witness Chongo and its repeated insults about being aborted, Chongo has nothing else, it is why I enjoy stepping on Chongo, more than any other poster in here. Chongo calls people "b!tch", and other names, brings in peoples children, says shit about their kids getting pearl necklaces and such. Who could respect Chongo? KiMare is one of the best posters in here, and I enjoy watching your side produce evasions to KiMares posts.
Thanks Randy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185029 Mar 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to, the court has already explained it. Again if you people would actually do some actual research instead of simply taking everything you read on a liberal blog and repeating it you might actually learn something.
"Plaintiffs' reliance on Loving v Virginia (388 US 1 [1967]) for the proposition that the US Supreme Court has established a fundamental "right to marry the spouse of one's choice" outside the male/female construct is misplaced."..."In its brief due process analysis, the Supreme Court reiterated that marriage is a right "fundamental to our very existence and survival" (id., citing Skinner, 316 US at 541)a clear reference to the link between marriage and procreation. It reasoned: "To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes ... is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law" (id.). Although the Court characterized the right to marry as a "choice," it did not articulate the broad "right to marry the spouse of one's choice" suggested by plaintiffs here. Rather, the Court observed that "[t]he Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discriminations" (id.[emphasis added]).[FN2] Needless to say, a statutory scheme that burdens a fundamental right by making conduct criminal based on the race of the individual who engages in it is inimical to the{**7 NY3d at 372} values embodied in the state and federal Due Process clauses. Far from recognizing a right to marry extending beyond the one woman and one man union,[FN3] it is evident from the Loving decision that the Supreme Court viewed marriage as fundamental precisely because of its relationship to human procreation.[FN4][*13]"- Hernandez v Robles
Go AkP....keep it coming. Thanks for the legal lesson.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185030 Mar 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) First off you try to equate the terms "sexual intercourse" and "coitus". They are not the same words.
"Sexual intercourse" takes place between two people of any gender. Do you deny that same-gender couples have sexual intercourse? I don't think you do.
"Coitus" very specifically refers to the "sexual union between a male and a female involving insertion of the penis into the vagina." (from the on line dictionary "Farflex" http://www.thefreedictionary.com/coitus ).
You may think I'm splitting hairs. But it's important for you to understand that there is a very distinct difference.
Act in which the male reproductive organ enters the female reproductive tract
Two faced Mormons

La Puente, CA

#185031 Mar 27, 2013
You can't enter a Mormon Church or temple just because your NOT a PAYING member, sounds very much like a CULT, pay to play.

On the other hand a Mormon in good standing or bad as per the cult Mormon leaders, can and are welcome in other denomination of religion in the United States of America.

Elk Grove, CA

#185032 Mar 27, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
Rock!!

you are half right about the civil war, lincoln only used freeing the slaves in 1863... a s away of mustering support for the war.
The idiot admits the civil war was not fought over freeing the slaves, how will your friend Dumb Dumb respond?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185033 Mar 27, 2013
Rock!!
you are so liberal all of a sudden..
respecively.
you are half right about the civil war, lincoln only used freeing the slaves in 1863... a s away of mustering support for the war.
BUT we were all brought up on "united we stand"
so a separate slave state didnt make that much sense....especially with the worldwide challenges of the 20th century.
you are right about fundamentalists, they travel under all flags and religions..
and background checks as well...
I think responsible gun owners would like to buy a gun that ONLY they can use(palm print recognition)
that is my favorite idea....
and if background check save 2o kids from being shot up with an AR15, then i think I can get behind inconveiencing all these freaks who are buying their 19th gun for afew hours or minutes that it takes to run a check on his or her record...
we dont want felons(who demostrated they can not handle firearms responsibly) to have eASY access to them.
Im with you, it wont save many lives, but a starting with a handful of lives saved, would be helpful.
Ok, let me pose a hypothetical for you...Suppose, just for the sake of argument, that someone was ex-military, got into trouble for a minute, got a felony, later had it expunged and now owned guns, what would you say to that ? Let him own guns or not?

Elk Grove, CA

#185034 Mar 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are behind the times, better check the polls
53% to 58%( depending on which poll ) are in favor of Same Sex marrage in the US
Polls don't decide anything, most are fixed depending how the question is asked. People show different results when they vote.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185035 Mar 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Randy.
You're welcome, KiMare, just sayin' it like I see it, but you say it better ...
:-D
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185036 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
America made no decisions, sir, the Electoral College did.
well who is the electoral college anyways?? martians?

I have my doubts about the electoral college as well, but EVERY single attempt to dismantle it has failed.

the president beat Mitt romney by 124 electoral votes and 4 million popular votes??

now WHO won??

it wasnt romney.

ps; any plan to subvert the popular vote BY STATE, would be compleatly unfair...

Elk Grove, CA

#185037 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Im full of shit because i believe some of the commonly accepted things taught in school?
is that your argument, we should go by what we were taught by the government in our great schools?

Elk Grove, CA

#185039 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
OMG, you really are stupid. Don't you know that we didn't fight that war to free the slaves? Ever wonder why it was called "The War Of Northern Aggression"? It was because the South was making so much $$ from the trade it had, with other countries, that the North ordered it to sell them raw, unfinished goods and products, at a drastic loss, and then buy back finished goods and products, at rapish profits, that the South said "no". It was then that the North moved on the South, with blockades of all ports that the South used for exportation. THAT was what the Civil War was all about. Lincoln owned slaves. Lincoln said that if he could save the union, without freeing one slave, he would do so. The abolishment of slavery was a strike at the workforce that the South used, to make its profits. You dumb-ass. Don't post when you don't know what you are talking about. Damn.... You're welcome for the history lesson.
Well said. Does he think the racist north would die fighting to free the slaves? It's amazing how the liberals are educated from movies. They should watch the Civil war documentary by Ken Burn's since they don't seem to be able to read.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185040 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa.....waitaminit here! They don't know about Big D? Haven't the been to the mountain to seek his guidance and wisdom? At the very least purchase a "Big D" t-shirt or bobble head dolls, the North Koreans love those, from,the souvenir shop located at the bottom of the mountain.
Oh man, I'd fly a "Big D" bobblehead on the hood of my Freighty, to lead the way... Take that thing into downtown Detroit on a late Friday afternoon... Hell yeah!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185041 Mar 27, 2013
Shit, son, by the time you get done fiddling with it, we'll all be gay, if you get your way. We already know what you want.
That is some funny stuff, thanks for the laugh.
Dusty

La Puente, CA

#185042 Mar 27, 2013
D. Wayne Leech the city attorney for Glendora, California is having a hard time riding herd over those who know him to be a bully and a fraud.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185043 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
well who is the electoral college anyways?? martians?
I have my doubts about the electoral college as well, but EVERY single attempt to dismantle it has failed.
the president beat Mitt romney by 124 electoral votes and 4 million popular votes??
now WHO won??
it wasnt romney.
ps; any plan to subvert the popular vote BY STATE, would be compleatly unfair...
The Electoral College is composed of delegates from each state (plus the District of Columbia).(Senators and Representatives.)
Currently, in Ohio, these are the members of Ohio's electoral College, God knows how they got there...
OHIO 21 electoral votes cast for George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney
2,350,363 popular votes cast for George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney
Population, 1990 census, 10,847,115

Certificate of Ascertainment | Certificate of Vote

Electors
Pakkiri Rajagopal
Shirley Sadler
Danny D. Hamilton
Pauline S. Riel
Leanna Coil
Doug Miller
Robert T. Bennett (replacing Faye Sparks)
Donna J. Harter
Paul M. Hoag
Alan P. Bedol
Deborah Burstion-Donbraye
John H. McConnell
Donald G. Simmons
Alex R. Arshinkoff
John J. Chester
W.R Timken, Jr.
Clarence R. Smith
Pat Hennessey
John D. Chiappetta
Mercer Reynolds
Jo Ann Davidson

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/elec...
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185044 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Ok, let me pose a hypothetical for you...Suppose, just for the sake of argument, that someone was ex-military, got into trouble for a minute, got a felony, later had it expunged and now owned guns, what would you say to that ? Let him own guns or not?
depends on the felony?? and if it involved guns OR violence.
and espungment is espungment....

you cant get esponged of a hainous crime that easy...

if there wasnt a premeditated gun violation??

id say his chance of regaining the right to own a gun is good indeed.

we dont give hainous criminals back their voting rights immeadiatle,and unconditionally, even in blue states...

so it depends on the circumstances of the case.
in 13 southern states, no felon gets their voting rights back(a shame)

I thought that whole three stikes thing that clinton pushed on us was stoopid.

they passed a mitigation to that law, last election, here in california...

they are having serious over crowding issues anyhow...
so they had to send violent criminals to COUNTY lock up(believe it
)
if someone who has two strikes?? gets caught later in life with a bag of meth for instance....

it is stoopid to hand out a LONG sentence(even in a hard ass state, with more room in their prisons)

even though meth is stoopid itself.....two stoopids(locking up drug addicts) dont make a smart..

prohibition itself creates the crime surrounding drug use.
educate not incarcerate.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185045 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
The Electoral College is composed of delegates from each state (plus the District of Columbia).(Senators and Representatives.)
Currently, in Ohio, these are the members of Ohio's electoral College, God knows how they got there...
OHIO 21 electoral votes cast for George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney
2,350,363 popular votes cast for George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney
Population, 1990 census, 10,847,115
Certificate of Ascertainment | Certificate of Vote
Electors
Pakkiri Rajagopal
Shirley Sadler
Danny D. Hamilton
Pauline S. Riel
Leanna Coil
Doug Miller
Robert T. Bennett (replacing Faye Sparks)
Donna J. Harter
Paul M. Hoag
Alan P. Bedol
Deborah Burstion-Donbraye
John H. McConnell
Donald G. Simmons
Alex R. Arshinkoff
John J. Chester
W.R Timken, Jr.
Clarence R. Smith
Pat Hennessey
John D. Chiappetta
Mercer Reynolds
Jo Ann Davidson
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/elec...
when i asked you "who are they??", that was a rhetorical question.

but thanks for the research anyways.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185046 Mar 27, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. Does he think the racist north would die fighting to free the slaves? It's amazing how the liberals are educated from movies. They should watch the Civil war documentary by Ken Burn's since they don't seem to be able to read.
Well, it can be a daunting task, arriving at the truth, when we are inundated by propaganda, but if one has many sources of input, it can reduce the difficulty. I have lived extensively abroad, and that helps a lot. Getting a completely different view from the outside is a rare thing. Having lived for a spell in the Mideast, I know that most Muslims are wonderful people, but that the few have given them a bad name.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#185047 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>

That's because people far more intelligent than yourself understand why we have an electoral college.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185048 Mar 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some funny stuff, thanks for the laugh.
:D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••