Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,078)

Showing posts 161,541 - 161,560 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as much full of shit as D is.
Im full of shit because i believe some of the commonly accepted things taught in school?

like evolution??

or that the earth revolves around the sun and is not flat??

you guys always remind me of flat earthers....because your always refuting the latest science on "religious grounds"

some of you are really deficiant in the history dept.....ricardo think the tories of the late 18 the century were liberals.

the first paragraph in any mainstream explaination of them calls them "conservative"

as opposed to liberal.

since then, the crown colony has been anything but a bastion of liberalism throught he years(NH, for instance, was one of the last two states to accept MLK's B day, as a federal holiday)

but they voted for Obama this time, so they must be waking up.

unlike you.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
If the rethugs were silly enough to give bush the nomination??
he will get steamed rolled BY WHO EVER.
but HIllary, on the other hand, will steamroll ANYONE who runs agianst her.
im hoping you guys make good on your threat to nominate a "TRUE"
conservative, like santorum, palin or bachmann...
so you can see what it was like to be barry goldwater..
you thought 2012 was close?
mitt lost by 3 million votes...
because his campaign effort, s&&cked.
and your party's values stink badly.
No, see, that is what I am telling you. It doesn't matter who they hold up as running, because the results have already been decided. Jeb has announced that he is going to run. his family runs this country. It is a done deal, already. Seriously, google "Bush Crime Family' and read about all that they have done so far. Financed the Third Reich. All kinds of shit. They own us. And, not my party.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
how is that??
im not gay, but im a crusader against ALL bigotry.
there is your answer.
the poll from ABC news was at 58% favorablity for gay marraige.
what polls do YOU have to show us ??
the arguements the right are offereing, are being picked apart this week by the scotus justices, just like they were picked apart in the lower courts...
youve been making them as well i see.
so let me see if i get this straight??
you are pro-federal law/ when it suits your cause?/
AND you are pro- states rights also, when it serves your cause?
I'm about smaller government, and leaving power where it belongs. And leaving some institutions alone.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Democraps will nominate....?
<quoted text>
Hillarity will steamroll anyone....oh sure
<quoted text>
Nah.....ya might say the wind blew in at just the right time to put Obama back in.
Id say the 47% video had a bit more of an effect on the outcome of the election. mitt was almost tied with Obama before that.....

then he plummeted 10 pts in 10 days...

if you guys didnt get that amercia rejected your ideas??

then double down on stoopid, and ill hand ya the next shovel...

hint: minorities vote on policy just like white people do.

so trying to restrict their voting, might not be seen as the nicest thing you could be doing to court their votes.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"All but settled"?!? Are you kidding me?!? Show me one scientist who has said this. Bring me one serious, scholarly article that implies this.
Scientists have discussed these issues ON PAPER! They've not even tried to show how this works on lab rats or any other test subjects at this point. No laboratory has started a project to prove it that we know of.
This is a THEORY. It is not FACT. It is not "all but settled".
Good GOD, you REALLY missed out on the scientific method when you were in school.
Here's a refresher's course:
Scientific Method Step 1: Ask a Question (Why are their gay people?)
Scientific Method Step 2: Make Observations and Conduct Background Research (Not all people are gay, there must be a reason for this)
Scientific Method Step 3: Propose a Hypothesis (based on information gathered from reading other research, perhaps epigenetics or some other biological inheritance related process that would explain why people are gay)**by the way, this is as far as scientists have gotten with regards to determining if epigenetics play a role**
Scientific Method Step 4: Design an Experiment to Test the Hypothesis (it's at this point a scientist would design a LABORATORY EXPERIMENT to see if epigenetics do play a role in homosexuality)
Scientific Method Step 5: Test the Hypothesis (scientists would run their experiment and record the results)
Scientific Method Step 6: Accept or Reject the Hypothesis (based on the results of the experiment, the scientists would either accept their hypothesis that epigenetics play a role in homosexuality or they would not)
Sorry to have to publicly school you on basic, grade school science, but your blatant lack of scientific knowledge makes it necessary.
Weve found a story that looks really good, concluded Rice in the U.S. News article.Theres more verification needed, but we point out how we can easily do epigenetic profiles genome-wide. We predict where the epi-marks occur, we just need other studies to look at it empirically. This can be tested and proven within six months. Its easy to test. If its a bad idea, we can throw it away in short order.

http://www.lifebeyondtherapy.com/index.php...
entry-132-researchers-say-they -have-found-genetic-switches-f or-homosexuality/

I wonder if another stage of denial is possible for you?

Smile.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
actaully,im pro 2nd amendment rights.
Im for your right to OWN YOUR PEICE..
that post was more about the fact that you had to sign a loyaty plegde JUST to hear what they were pitching.
when you are an activist??
you try to get your message out.
unless you are somehow ashamed of the message you are lecturing on...other wise, you are just going to be preaching to the choir.
background checks make sense, so does an assault rifle ban.
as well as limiting clip size (lets face it, you can have as much ammo as you can carry)
90% of the country supports background checks...
Cool. I think that background checks are good in essence, but useless in practice. Limited clip size and assault rifle bans are wrong, to me, as a criminal may have a bigger clip, and not all shots hit the mark. Also, the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to allow us to guard against government aggression. I am an activist just about all the time. I currently drive semis and spend a lot of time on my radio, engaging in activism. And I get called a lot of names, some good, some bad. It goes with the territory.
And that loyalty pledge is a bunch of hooey, in my opinion. Anyone should be able to hear what is being said publicly. But there might have been some talk that would have bordered on subjects not in line with Big Brother. Who's to say? "No just government fears an armed population"
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
unfortunatley i wont find a copy of such a fine interpretation in any place but the south.
you seem to long for old days, before the thirteeth amendment.
Just for the record, I was born in N.Y. to British parents. Not raised in the South. I long for the days when reason ruled, not debauchery or Bacchanalia...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
tehn you might explain that to the attornies arguing the cases before the judges then. it was referenced even in SCOTUS yesterday.
I don't need to, the court has already explained it. Again if you people would actually do some actual research instead of simply taking everything you read on a liberal blog and repeating it you might actually learn something.
"Plaintiffs' reliance on Loving v Virginia (388 US 1 [1967]) for the proposition that the US Supreme Court has established a fundamental "right to marry the spouse of one's choice" outside the male/female construct is misplaced."..."In its brief due process analysis, the Supreme Court reiterated that marriage is a right "fundamental to our very existence and survival" (id., citing Skinner, 316 US at 541)a clear reference to the link between marriage and procreation. It reasoned: "To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes ... is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law" (id.). Although the Court characterized the right to marry as a "choice," it did not articulate the broad "right to marry the spouse of one's choice" suggested by plaintiffs here. Rather, the Court observed that "[t]he Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discriminations" (id.[emphasis added]).[FN2] Needless to say, a statutory scheme that burdens a fundamental right by making conduct criminal based on the race of the individual who engages in it is inimical to the{**7 NY3d at 372} values embodied in the state and federal Due Process clauses. Far from recognizing a right to marry extending beyond the one woman and one man union,[FN3] it is evident from the Loving decision that the Supreme Court viewed marriage as fundamental precisely because of its relationship to human procreation.[FN4][*13]"- Hernandez v Robles
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, see, that is what I am telling you. It doesn't matter who they hold up as running, because the results have already been decided. Jeb has announced that he is going to run. his family runs this country. It is a done deal, already. Seriously, google "Bush Crime Family' and read about all that they have done so far. Financed the Third Reich. All kinds of shit. They own us. And, not my party.
I dont know anything about the Bush family financing the third reich?? that seems a bit far fethched and something id hear from within your party, as part of a civil war, in your party.

those were NOt very nice words sarah had for karl at cpac.
now sHE is kinda a nazi.... the new new rethugs.

the Bush family is heavily involved with the saudi royal family because they are both more or less in the same business, energy.

JEb doesnt stand a snowballs chance in the primaries...

or didnt you watch in 12'??

the orthodoxy of your party made the primary season like a clip art web site, for democratic party, general election attack ads on the rethugs.

some of the wacky things that were said!!!! my goodness.

tacking back to the center(to win) from THAT loonacy, would be hard for anyone, even with all the corporate cash in the world.

mitt tried, ill give him that.

but during the primaries, as i recall it was "ANYBODY BUT MITT"
as four candidates from the far reich, made separate runs at the mad Mitt for front runner status....
...including religious zealot rick santorum!! I was impressed and entertained all at once...
santorum came out against college education, condoms and JFK, all in ONE week!

I swear, no one will beat hilly bags if she want the job....

all the political wind in the world is behind her run....

and that includes bush family baggage and how loony your party has become since the last bush left office.

ps; two wars, crashed economy, bad rethuglican, no whitehouse.
Skinned

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Oh shut the prickly par up.

Blow it out your bag pipes.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
who would ever take serious you or your party??
you guys think sharia law is invading the us, and hillary clintons aide is with the muslim brotherhood.
not to mention still being lost in birther land.
is obama a kenyan commo-facist?? or a islamo facsist...
could he be both??....ill bet he could, on the glen beck show.
Which party would that be? Islam has declared that it must take over the entire world, that the End of Days will only come when Islam resides in every house. I've lived all over this world, and have known many Muslims. Most are not the fanatics that they are made out to be. But, fundamentalists are dangerous, whichever flag they wave.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes even the economic part also was directly related to slavery.
I dont know if you are implying that there was not an abolitionist movement and that Lincoln was not directly connected to that movement before taking office, if you dont realize that you need to do some more reading in history
His involvement and election was directly involved in the first states succeeding as they know they would not be able to maintain an equal number of slave state with Lincoln as president
Yes, slavery was the target, meant to hit the economic power that the South held.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

I dont think DOMA can survive the events today
DOMA has been unconstitutional since it was passed. It should not have taken this long for the SCOTUS to hear and toss it as nonsense.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I forgot, rethuglicans dont do polls...
this was obvious when you guys thought you were about to win by a landslaide, last fall.
what rude awakening that must have been!!
the 538(nate silver) polls nailed it......
mabey you should pay attention to him next time, instead of piggy rove, or rush.
I don't pay any of them any attention, to be honest... I distrust any official media anymore.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am telling you something you are ignorant of, a majority of American are in favor of Same sex marriage and that means tremendous support form heterosexuals
Then, why (to risk more laughter from your side), when I am out in the world, and asking just anybody what they think of these issues, do I not find these supporters? Why is it that most people that I am around do not care at all, and of those that do care, most disapprove? Straight up, where are these supporters? I know that the idea of some random guy asking strangers questions might seem odd, but it is the best way I have of performing unbiased testing of these claims. And I do try to be unbiased in testing these claims. Believe that.
Locked Uppers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Motorist Followed, Then Stabbed at South Hills Park, Glendora, California.

The incident occurred at 8:54 p.m. March 26, 2013 Tuesday night in Glendora, according to some who call themselves authorities.

If this park was locked at sunset as all parks are required in Glendora then this wouldn't happen at all.

Both Chris Jeffers and the GPD are at fault for this and many more problems brewing in Glendora, California.

Both are involved in politics to further their pocket books and political careers.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>you may dislike their ruling. you may disagree with their ruling. but the laws will be what they will be.
You may dislike reality. You may disagree with reality. But reality will be what it will be.

Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

ss couples aren't.

Smile.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Im full of shit because i believe some of the commonly accepted things taught in school?
like evolution??
or that the earth revolves around the sun and is not flat??
you guys always remind me of flat earthers....because your always refuting the latest science on "religious grounds"
some of you are really deficiant in the history dept.....ricardo think the tories of the late 18 the century were liberals.
the first paragraph in any mainstream explaination of them calls them "conservative"
as opposed to liberal.
since then, the crown colony has been anything but a bastion of liberalism throught he years(NH, for instance, was one of the last two states to accept MLK's B day, as a federal holiday)
but they voted for Obama this time, so they must be waking up.
unlike you.
I say that because you claim that we are wrong, period. I have lived in the South and the north, and from what i have heard over the years, Both sides of the story, that is what it boils down to, and you call us "Lost Cause believers" as if that summarizes us. I examine issues with open eyes and mind, and that is the best explanation of the War that there is. don't forget that history is written by the victors, but rarely encompasses the entire truth. As someone said, it's always the OTHER side that is wrong...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Id say the 47% video had a bit more of an effect on the outcome of the election. mitt was almost tied with Obama before that.....
then he plummeted 10 pts in 10 days...
if you guys didnt get that amercia rejected your ideas??
then double down on stoopid, and ill hand ya the next shovel...
hint: minorities vote on policy just like white people do.
so trying to restrict their voting, might not be seen as the nicest thing you could be doing to court their votes.
America made no decisions, sir, the Electoral College did.
Mormon killers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

JASON DEREK BROWN

Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution - First Degree Murder, Armed Robbery

REWARD: The FBI is offering a reward of up to $200,000 for information leading directly to the arrest of Jason Derek Brown.

Jason Derek Brown is wanted for murder and armed robbery in Phoenix, Arizona. During November of 2004, Brown allegedly shot and killed an armored car guard outside a movie theater and then fled with the money.

Brown speaks fluent French and has a Masters Degree in International Business. He is an avid golfer, snowboarder, skier, and dirt biker. Brown enjoys being the center of attention and has been known to frequent nightclubs where he enjoys showing off his high-priced vehicles, boats, and other toys. Brown was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and completed his Mormon mission near Paris, France.

Brown has ties to California, Arizona, and Utah. In the past, he has traveled to France and Mexico. Additionally, he may be in the possession of a Glock 9mm and a .45 caliber handgun.
None known
Jason D. BrownDerek BrownGreg JohnsonHarline JohnsonGreg Harline JohnsonJohn BrownJay BrownDate(s) of Birth Used: July 1, 1969; January 17, 1971 Hair: Blond
Place of Birth: California Eyes: Green
Height: 5'10" Complexion: Light
Weight: 170 to 180 pounds Sex: Male
Build: Medium Race: White
Nationality: American
Age Enhanced Photograph Age Enhanced Photograph Age Enhanced Photograph SUMMARY
SCARS & MARKS
ALIASES
DESCRIPTION
MORE PHOTOS
GET POSTER
SUBMIT

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161,541 - 161,560 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr sister mary magda 4,836
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 6 Tammie Casas Is Fat 625
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
Review: Steve Leskera Painting Jul 2 Digiscotto69 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Oinkie 15,910
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••