Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,930

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Alaha

La Puente, CA

#184657 Mar 26, 2013
"Muhammad" Grover Norquist is and always sounded like a "muslim brotherhood" member, since his wife are Muslim's.

Grover Norquist has called for the destruction of America, time for this nasty, filthy piece of trash to be arrested deported to a muslim country of his choice.

He of course is the darling and leader of the Tea Party aka; muslim brotherhood (USA branch).. Beware of him and his tea party members.

Must be on some kind of religious war rant or something.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184659 Mar 26, 2013
Rant wrote:
Rome was a Roman Catholic empire and not hardly what most would consider a Christian as the church was as greedy as the government. Sounds kinda familiar huh. The truth hurts but the truth is the truth.
ROFLMAO... now you are saying that the majority of Christians in history... weíre not Christians, that the original Christians from Christ all the way to the reformation were not Christians

That THE Church that the Apostle Paul founded, was not Christian

Do you know anything of history at all?

This is hilarious

Rome was beset by competing religions, the Christians were violent, they burned the library at Alexandria setting human knowledge back a thousand years. The only way out was for the emperor Constantine to convert, that calmed things down, and the roman empire became a Christian empire, 150 before it fell, it was Christian.

Your ignorance of the fact, does not change the fact.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184662 Mar 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
Well today is the big day, finally. I have faith that SCOTUS will do the right thing. It would be interesting to get SCOTUS' reaction to some of the hateful, putrid posts written by Prop 8 supporters.
Same here, although you realize we will not hear any kind of decision until likely June

This is a day that will go down in American history, they will be talking about this day for a hundred years or more.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184664 Mar 26, 2013
Ronald wrote:
Lately, the Government licensed "news" has been promoting - in unison - the notion that, now, "everyone" supports the idea that two persons of the same SEX should have the "right" to "marry" each other. It must be true. After all, we can always believe the Government propaganda mill. Yeah. Right.
exactly ronald! And since voting didn't work for them. It's like the Government licensed scientists that tell us we all need a flu shot, even babies and pregnant women.

Elk Grove, CA

#184665 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here, although you realize we will not hear any kind of decision until likely June
This is a day that will go down in American history, they will be talking about this day for a hundred years or more.
i think most of us will move on and not talk about it in a 100 years from now. By that time marriage won't mean anything any more.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184666 Mar 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, Kim... You are on about 10 (or more) of these gay themed forums. You've posted hundreds (thousands?) of comments over the past 3 years.
And you've most recently taken to outright LYING about epigenetics. You claim that science has reached the conclusion that an epigenetic marker "mistake" has been located. You say that there is no doubt. And you KNOW this is not true.
When you come on here and LIE, you continue to lose credibility.
Those who might support you do not like to be associated with a liar.
speaking of head cases...

check out "ronald"

I could write a thesis about all their mental disorders, and earn a nobel prize off the work...

Elk Grove, CA

#184667 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO... now you are saying that the majority of Christians in history... weíre not Christians, that the original Christians from Christ all the way to the reformation were not Christians
That THE Church that the Apostle Paul founded, was not Christian
Do you know anything of history at all?
This is hilarious
Rome was beset by competing religions, the Christians were violent, they burned the library at Alexandria setting human knowledge back a thousand years. The only way out was for the emperor Constantine to convert, that calmed things down, and the roman empire became a Christian empire, 150 before it fell, it was Christian.
Your ignorance of the fact, does not change the fact.
are you saying Paul was NOT the founder of Christianity? hey bigot, blaming the Christians for burning the library was one of the theories written by Gibbon's, over a thousand years after the fact, but there was no certainty and others that were blamed as well. It's not a fact. Julius Caesar might be responsible. What other reason, most likely it was not intentional.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184668 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>i think most of us will move on and not talk about it in a 100 years from now. By that time marriage won't mean anything any more.
100 years from now they will look at YOU like we look at the southern slave master, who didnt want to change and step into a new reality....sound familiar??...

we look back in SHAME at the bigots who were against interracial marraige, just 50 years ago....

things change quickly.

in 1996, only 23 % of the people supported GAy and lESBIAN marriage.
now that number is around 60%

social progress is social progress.....

100 years ago women could not vote....

ill bet if we gave you fools the chance, youd repeal that too.

in other words, you all profess to be great constitutionalists..

but if we left you alone with that document.....

we wouldnt recognize the document we got back from you.

Elk Grove, CA

#184669 Mar 26, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of head cases...
check out "ronald"
I could write a thesis about all their mental disorders, and earn a nobel prize off the work...
Drinking your hater aid with your bong hit this morning?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184670 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>i think most of us will move on and not talk about it in a 100 years from now. By that time marriage won't mean anything any more.
Oh no, other landmark decisions are talked about today

The Dred Scott decision
Emancipation
Prohibition
The overturn of Prohibition
Womenís vote
Roe V Wade

Etc etc etc

and dozens of more obscure changes that affect the nation for long term, this is one of them. No question this will be a landmark decision.

Obmamcare was a trifle, and will be forgotten as obvious long before this one is.

You may not be talking about it, but it will be in the forefront of law, studied in every school of law of a hundred years and likely more.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#184671 Mar 26, 2013
Sweet Baby Jesus, the haterosexuals are spinning out of control today.

Reality IS a bitch, eh Kuntmary?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184672 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying Paul was NOT the founder of Christianity? hey bigot, blaming the Christians for burning the library was one of the theories written by Gibbon's, over a thousand years after the fact, but there was no certainty and others that were blamed as well. It's not a fact. Julius Caesar might be responsible. What other reason, most likely it was not intentional.
NO I was responding to someone that said that Rome was not a Christian empire when it fell

Of course Paul founded a Christian church, I know that, you need to tell your fellow followers that.

Julius ruled ( in a sense ) over an expanding republic before its heyday, that continued to expand as an empire under Augustus after his death, the fall didnít start for a long time later.

The reasons were numerous, and debatable, but saying that Rome fell because of the acceptance of homosexuality is hilarious, he is saying that a Christian empire accepted homosexuality.

No one of any education will buy that, you only learn that kind of propaganda in Sunday school.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184673 Mar 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court has reversed its decision on at least 10 occasions over the years. In the 1830's the Supreme Court upheld a lower court's decision to ban interracial marriage. Then in 1967 it overturned that decision.
It is obvious these folks are not too comfortable here in the 21st century.

brain choose to look at that decision from the early 19th century, because the 1830 represents a utopia past for him....

and definately not that hippy love fest year they struck that arcane decision down!!(1967)
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184674 Mar 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Sweet Baby Jesus, the haterosexuals are spinning out of control today.
Reality IS a bitch, eh Kuntmary?
inner lesbian??

isnt KI a crusty old man??

they all are...

Elk Grove, CA

#184675 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I was responding to someone that said that Rome was not a Christian empire when it fell
Of course Paul founded a Christian church, I know that, you need to tell your fellow followers that.
Julius ruled ( in a sense ) over an expanding republic before its heyday, that continued to expand as an empire under Augustus after his death, the fall didnít start for a long time later.
The reasons were numerous, and debatable, but saying that Rome fell because of the acceptance of homosexuality is hilarious, he is saying that a Christian empire accepted homosexuality.
No one of any education will buy that, you only learn that kind of propaganda in Sunday school.
Rome still exists. But the empire fell for many different reasons and I never learned in Sunday school that gays caused it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184676 Mar 26, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
100 years from now they will look at YOU like we look at the southern slave master, who didnt want to change and step into a new reality....sound familiar??....
That is why I keep telling people they are standing on the wrong side of history.

50 or 100 years form today, everyone will be looking back at people and organizations that opposed the right thing to do, and not in a positive light.

Religion has been going slowly downhill since it became so political in the last 30 years, but this.... they will be looked on in the same light that we look back at slaveholders a hundred years ago.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184677 Mar 26, 2013
LOL time is getting past me.... 160 years ago
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184678 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
rome was only official a christian empire from 325(constatine) until the visigoths sacked rome in 410 ad.

only 85 years
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184679 Mar 26, 2013
1143 eastern time

and david boise(with his arm around teddy olson)

he is big smiles because the court aggred with him that the states should not decide this case..

as ki would say...

bazinga!!!

no defense could be offered on the other side..

like in the lower court decisions

hurrah!!
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184680 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Rome still exists. But the empire fell for many different reasons and I never learned in Sunday school that gays caused it.
liberal riccardo!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 9 min Just saying 15,988
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr brasso 2,263
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr just a post 5,064
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Sat sex 700
Big Box retail stores add jobs and help local r... Sep 9 concerned citizen 1
Do you approve of DeRosa as Mayor? Sep 9 sharon stephens 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 9 whispering shades 7,952
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••