Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,060)

Showing posts 161,181 - 161,200 of200,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
your hysteria is just silly now.
"to set a course agianst global warming"??
hint: that would be easier if you guys stopped denying that it exists in the first place...
Most all the R's have been suckered into it. They discovered that it's another money grab that the liberals have been using for awhile.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a matter of degree, the far left of the democratic party is a small minority and has no real voice in the party.
Not so with the far right for the Republican party, who are currently vetting every nominee. Rush speaks to them every day, they will only watch Faux news.
3rd party is likely to happen in the next 20 years, the republicans will spin off the Tea Party
But like other 3rd parties I donít expect it will survive.
If you buy this nonsense you really need to get your head checked.

If the "far right" had the clout you claim Romney would have never made it to NH in the Primary.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

How sad is it that there are generally 6-8 people who have no life, and spend their lonely days trolling the thread to post judge-it's not based on the content of the post, but based on the name attached to the post?

How much sadder would it be if there was only 1 person?

Seriously, look at the judge-its. With near 100% accuracy you will see page after page, 6-8 judge-it's.

So sad.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
How sad is it that there are generally 6-8 people who have no life, and spend their lonely days trolling the thread to post judge-it's not based on the content of the post, but based on the name attached to the post?
Seriously, look at the judge-its. With near 100% accuracy you will see page after page, 6-8 judge-it's.
So sad.
you are right here with, us mr. pursuit of liberty for all...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad. Same sex marriage introduces a new form of segregation to perfectly integrated and diverse male/female marriage.
For the love of pete, Brian, I have never had a conversation with someone that was more exasperating than one with you. I asked you to explain yourself and all you do is repeat the same statements with absolutely no supporting argument. You don't seem capable of elaborating on anything with any degreeof intelligence.

You keep mentioning gender apartheid and segregation look up the definition of things before you use them:

gender apartheid (also called sex apartheid) is economic and social sexual discrimination against women, including strict sex segregation, as well as an "absence of justice for women in much of the non-Western world." Practices deemed instances of gender apartheid include the legal killing of wives for adultery in Syria and Haiti, wife beating in Nigeria, women needing their husband's consent for divorce in Israel, and legal kidnapping and marriage of women in Guatemala and Lebanon. Aspects of the treatment of women under fundamentalist Islam, Christianity, Judaism and Buddhism have also been described as gender apartheid.

segregation: the separation or isolation of a race, class, or ethnic group by enforced or voluntary residence in a restricted area, by barriers to social intercourse, by separate educational facilities, or by other discriminatory means

Now, one last time, try explaining just what it is youíre trying to claim instead of just repeating yourself. No group is being isolated. In fact one group is asking for inclusion and people like you insist on the continued isolation of them. If anyone is promoting apartheid it is you.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More BS gay twirl lies.
The latest science says homosexuality is a epi-marker mistake.
Moreover, the most intimate imitation of natural sex, anal sex, is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. I've posted that fact from a gay friendly medical site many times if someone doesn't have the common sense to know the anus is not a vagina.
Could be just a couple reasons why it's so hard for every culture in all of human history to get...
Snicker.
Listen up, wannabe scientist. You are not smart enough or qualified to translate scientific theory, thatís right I said THEORY, as fact. Not to mention, in all Iíve read about the ďepi-markersĒ(a term made up by you) the word mistake is never mentioned. Scientific research is meant to discover and understand, not judge. Why do you continually misrepresent and twist the research? You continually accuse people of putting a twirl on things, but, youíre the biggest twirler of them all.
Also, Mark Regnerus is a puppet for anti-equality hate groups, not an independent researcher. His research has not been peer reviewed or authenticated. Besides, heís made clear his prejudices toward Gay Americans, so how could he conduct an unbiased study?
Youíre looking for a logical reason for your hate, but, itís your hate that clouds your objectivity. You canít find any logical reason/research that offers any valid argument against full marriage equality for Gay Americans so you twist (and twirl as you so often like to say) the information to support your less than honorable opinion.
The rest of your post is utter nonsense and not worthy of a response.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
So sad.
You sound like a sniveling wimp. Face it, you donít have anything to offer and should just go away. Iím sure this isnít the first time youíve heard this.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmm.......not quite. There's coital sexual intercourse, which is the act referenced regarding consummation of the marital relationship by husband and wife, and can result in conception. Anal intercourse is......well....just a pain in the arse. Remember if sex is a pain in the arse, you're doing it the wrong way.
Sorry VV, couldn't resist.:)
If it's such a pain in the arse, why do heterosexual couples also do it?

And I'm not talking about homosexual and heterosexual intercourse being the same biologically. I'm talking about it being equal from a purely legal standpoint. In the eyes of the law, there is no difference. Neither are illegal. Both are legal. How much more equal can you get?
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

head satanist wrote:
<quoted text>..........barrack obama george bush jr and sr and tyhe clintons.....all donated money to san francisco over 400 million plus technlogy....for people to get sex changes for free.........us goverment estimated over 400 million people around the world and even san francisco were forced into sex changes.....some of the people have gotten false memory syndrome not remembering that they were the opposite sex ....so if two guys were forced into sex changes and do not know because of people lieing to them every day useing false photographs and memorys these two guys who now look like woman will still be attracted to woman......out of the 400 million forced into sex changes since 2006 99 percent do not have memorys of the sex change...as in drug you up knock you out you wont remember a thing
Because they all have homosexual tendencies.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Divorce maintains consent in marriage; if same sex marriage was licensed I believe the left would attack the consent standard next.
Same sex marriage could harm homosexuals with suits of alienation of affection. Imagine what would happen if every homosexual would become liable for financial damages after a casual tryst.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alienation_of_af...
Same sex marriage is bad because it harms gays.
You keep on coming up with dumber and dumber arguments.
Imagine what would happen if every heterosexual would become liable for financial damages after a casual tryst...
I think that's because you are dumb.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Arrogance with the deeeeep argument that the opposition is only bigotry.
Just another reason ss couples are not marriage.
You "marriage" could never be one, monster.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

queers can't get married in California

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the lesbian in me.
Smile.
Monster. You are just a monster mutation, there is no lesbian in you, just some tissue with female genes.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

And still, not one rational argument against gay marriage!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie.
If you used my argument, you would use my example. My wife and I fostered over ten children who were restored to their parent(s).
Why is it VV, that you can never argue from the facts? Does that not trouble you inside? Are you that seared? Sad.
So, all foster children are returned to their parents? And all same-gender families are incapable and unfit to provide foster care or an adoptive home? Show me a study... Show me proof...

I argue from facts and the real world. You have fostered 10 or so kids. Big whoop! Give you a a gold star! Same-gender parents foster and adopt thousands of children. And some how they manage to turn out just fine.

Your sole goal is to trash gays and lesbians from every angle. You don't rely on any science. You GRASP at epigenetics. You LIE and say that scientists have found THE answer. Not a single scientist has said with 100% certainty that epigenetics are related to homosexuality. Yet you come on here and LIE repeatedly, trying to convince everyone that they have.

Aren't Christians supposed to avoid lying?

endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up, wannabe scientist. You are not smart enough or qualified to translate scientific theory, thatís right I said THEORY, as fact. Not to mention, in all Iíve read about the ďepi-markersĒ(a term made up by you) the word mistake is never mentioned. Scientific research is meant to discover and understand, not judge. Why do you continually misrepresent and twist the research? You continually accuse people of putting a twirl on things, but, youíre the biggest twirler of them all.
Also, Mark Regnerus is a puppet for anti-equality hate groups, not an independent researcher. His research has not been peer reviewed or authenticated. Besides, heís made clear his prejudices toward Gay Americans, so how could he conduct an unbiased study?
Youíre looking for a logical reason for your hate, but, itís your hate that clouds your objectivity. You canít find any logical reason/research that offers any valid argument against full marriage equality for Gay Americans so you twist (and twirl as you so often like to say) the information to support your less than honorable opinion.
The rest of your post is utter nonsense and not worthy of a response.
in other words.....get on that SSM love train, or be run over by the tide of history!!

momentum is clearly with us...
Judgment Day

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

The ad hominems against a very reasonable poster--the absolute filth spewed by idiots--shows you know how good that poster's arguments are.

You're asking to be treated as equals and yet act this way.

I'm almost glad about the massive meningitis plague in NY's homosexual community.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Judgment Day wrote:
The ad hominems against a very reasonable poster--the absolute filth spewed by idiots--shows you know how good that poster's arguments are.
You're asking to be treated as equals and yet act this way.
I'm almost glad about the massive meningitis plague in NY's homosexual community.
LOL. Do your ad hominem attacks show how good other posters' posts are?
Gaetano

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Karney Worker wrote:
How come when a sentor or congressman is in the washington place they is married yet they dont have kids every nine months as the bible demands? Well, either they is fruitin off in the can or doing something with rubber gloves that god dont want. Vote for Bachmann, she knows eveything and will go ahead and tell IF WE PUT HER IN THE WHITE HOUISE. God wants it and we cant go against god.
T
H
I
S
is evil twaddle and wastes everyones remaining moments before the black helicopters, that Mr Rove warns of, land and disperse the zombies who would take from us our very reason and our guns too.
Think BEFORE you write and even more efficiently think about not writing but opening the window and yelling " I'm mad as hell and somebody better come take me away to the rubber pocket room, and pronto pup". Yup
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
And still, not one rational argument against gay marriage!
Rose_NoHo.

That's easy for the Homosexual and non-Homosexual "Blacks" and the lesbians to say, but how long are we dog lovers going to be denied our RIGHT to marry the Honeys of our own choosing? How would YOU like to be a "second class citizen", as well as having to suffer the H8ate of the majority?

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161,181 - 161,200 of200,312
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Watch for Riverside County was issued at July 22 at 3:53AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000