Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,318

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#184640 Mar 26, 2013
Let's reform taxes and entitlements, not rewrite marriage laws for everyone.

Same sex marriage is bad because propaganda dissuades low information voters against their natural allies, the conservatives.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184642 Mar 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Let's reform taxes and entitlements, not rewrite marriage laws for everyone.
Same sex marriage is bad because propaganda dissuades low information voters against their natural allies, the conservatives.
This is the 21st century, we can multitask, we can remove the entitlements for the wealthy in the form of their entitlement tax breaks while at the same time promoting justice and equality for same sex couples by allowing them to marry.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184643 Mar 26, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
If you buy this nonsense you really need to get your head checked.
If the "far right" had the clout you claim Romney would have never made it to NH in the Primary.
We all watched Romney jump way to the right in order to be nominated, it was really amusing watching him say things that he never ever even indicated before, to get himself nominated.

We all saw it, maybe you were on vacation, you donít remember the comments played over and over about how you say this to get nominated, and then have to backtrack in order to get elected? It was in all the media except the Faux News of course.

And the things he did and said, lost him the election against someone that could have easily been beaten if he had remained the moderate he was before running for office.

His problem was, once saying the right wing fringe stuff in the primary, it is recorded and played back during the general.

Every Republican nominee is going to have the same issue until the republican party moves back to the center.

Until they do, I donít see a way around the problem the Republicans have.
Rant

United States

#184644 Mar 26, 2013
What happen to the Roman Empire when they accepted same sex as an ok thing to do. The empire fell shortly after that is a fact. Also same sex or gays are nearly one hundred more times likely to pass along hepatitis because of anal bleeding. Odd don't you think. It wasnt meant to be. You have a disease and attempting to poison the US is not right in anyway. You will all have to be quarantined if this goes through then executed and your remains burned in order to cleanse the earth of your filth the Supreme Court must vote you out and put an end to this once and for all. Rule it FINAL NO with no appeal and to never be brought up again.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184645 Mar 26, 2013
Rant wrote:
What happen to the Roman Empire when they accepted same sex as an ok thing to do. The empire fell shortly after that is a fact. Also same sex or gays are nearly one hundred more times likely to pass along hepatitis because of anal bleeding. Odd don't you think. It wasnt meant to be. You have a disease and attempting to poison the US is not right in anyway. You will all have to be quarantined if this goes through then executed and your remains burned in order to cleanse the earth of your filth the Supreme Court must vote you out and put an end to this once and for all. Rule it FINAL NO with no appeal and to never be brought up again.
Actually Rome fell not long after becoming a Christian empire.

You have to go to actual school, not sunday school to learn about history.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184646 Mar 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Baker v Nelson is US Supreme Court precedent for a State's right to define marriage as one man and one woman. Proposition 8 was a legal amendment to define marriage as one man and one woman. If SCOTUS doesn't rule for the people of California, it will have voided its own precedent.
The Supreme Court has reversed its decision on at least 10 occasions over the years. In the 1830's the Supreme Court upheld a lower court's decision to ban interracial marriage. Then in 1967 it overturned that decision.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184647 Mar 26, 2013
Rant wrote:
What happen to the Roman Empire when they accepted same sex as an ok thing to do. The empire fell shortly after that is a fact. Also same sex or gays are nearly one hundred more times likely to pass along hepatitis because of anal bleeding. Odd don't you think. It wasnt meant to be. You have a disease and attempting to poison the US is not right in anyway. You will all have to be quarantined if this goes through then executed and your remains burned in order to cleanse the earth of your filth the Supreme Court must vote you out and put an end to this once and for all. Rule it FINAL NO with no appeal and to never be brought up again.
The Roman Empire fell for numerous reasons. It's a myth to say that it fell due to an acceptance of homosexuality.

Most historians believe that the Empire fell primarily because it became so large that it could not defend itself, from a monetary standpoint and a lack of manpower.

Regarding "diseases", you have to understand that these illnesses do not care about the orientation of the person when it transmits itself from one person to another. They are opportunistic infections that simply find the easiest way to stay alive and grow.

And if you want to talk about a "deadly disease", let's talk about how you straight people abort 40,000,000 babies each year. In a little over seven and a half years, that's about the number of people who live in the U.S.

You guys cause much more death on the planet than gay men.

And lesbians are less likely than even heterosexuals to develop HIV.

So, your comments about disease and the gay community is just false.
MoneyWasters

La Puente, CA

#184648 Mar 26, 2013
This sounds like a direct connection tot he Glendora, California "stupid" file being played out in court.

Oh that's right eh city of Glendora, Ca. lost (3) times and used tax payers money to defend it's self, yet at the same time or out of the other side of their neck they said in city council meetings.

We are not involved?

More lies coming from the city council member's, city attorney and city manager;

Joseph Santoro

Gene Murabito

Judy Nelson

Karen Davis

Douglas Tessitor
gubbub

Pittsburgh, PA

#184649 Mar 26, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Ö
Judge Gay is why
Grovers crazy

La Puente, CA

#184650 Mar 26, 2013
Grover Norquist is and always sounded like a "muslim brotherhood" member, since his wife are Muslim's.

Grover Norquist has called for the destruction of America, time for this nasty, filthy piece of trash to be arrested deported to a muslim country of his choice.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184651 Mar 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Empire fell for numerous reasons. It's a myth to say that it fell due to an acceptance of homosexuality.
Most historians believe that the Empire fell primarily because it became so large that it could not defend itself, from a monetary standpoint and a lack of manpower.
Regarding "diseases", you have to understand that these illnesses do not care about the orientation of the person when it transmits itself from one person to another. They are opportunistic infections that simply find the easiest way to stay alive and grow.
And if you want to talk about a "deadly disease", let's talk about how you straight people abort 40,000,000 babies each year. In a little over seven and a half years, that's about the number of people who live in the U.S.
You guys cause much more death on the planet than gay men.
And lesbians are less likely than even heterosexuals to develop HIV.
So, your comments about disease and the gay community is just false.
The problem is they are learning about history in Sunday school

Rome was a Christian empire when it fell, had been for 150 years. are they saying that Christians used to accept homosexuality and then changed their minds?

They donít like to remember the Rome fell as a Christian empire, so they just leave that part out.

Now I am not saying that their being a Christian empire is the why they fell, but it was another drop in the bucket.

The empire had sustained itself through conquest, and plunder of the surrounding kingdoms, once that conquest slowed, even stopped, it started collapsing on itself.

That and the fact that after Augustus, the line of rulers got pretty bad pretty fast.

The religious conflicts over time also added to it, Constantine finally gave up and converted to Christianity to quell the violent Christian riots. Before long Christianity was THE religion of Rome, there is a reason the head of the church was and is in Rome but they donít like to remember why.

Rome was a Christian empire as it fell, and they really donít like to be reminded of that.
Grovers crazy

La Puente, CA

#184652 Mar 26, 2013
Grover Norquist is and always sounded like a "muslim brotherhood" member, since his wife are Muslim's.

Grover Norquist has called for the destruction of America, time for this nasty, filthy piece of trash to be arrested deported to a muslim country of his choice.

He of course is the darling and leader of the Tea Party aka; muslim brotherhood (USA branch).. Beware of him and his tea party members.
Rant

United States

#184653 Mar 26, 2013
Sorry the truth hurts. And yet another failed attemp to lie and read things to your own selfish needs to try and make others believe your lies.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184654 Mar 26, 2013
It is interesting to think, that a hundred years from today, and beyond, they will be talking about today.

This is a landmark day in American history

As will the day in June when the decision is released.
Rant

United States

#184655 Mar 26, 2013
Rome was a Roman Catholic empire and not hardly what most would consider a Christian as the church was as greedy as the government. Sounds kinda familiar huh. The truth hurts but the truth is the truth.
Rant

United States

#184656 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
It is interesting to think, that a hundred years from today, and beyond, they will be talking about today.
This is a landmark day in American history
As will the day in June when the decision is released.
Not let's Korea will be teaching us all about it. If not them another country. You all are sorry in the eyes of all men women and children. You are the valley of death and that can't not see will be damned with you.
Alaha

La Puente, CA

#184657 Mar 26, 2013
"Muhammad" Grover Norquist is and always sounded like a "muslim brotherhood" member, since his wife are Muslim's.

Grover Norquist has called for the destruction of America, time for this nasty, filthy piece of trash to be arrested deported to a muslim country of his choice.

He of course is the darling and leader of the Tea Party aka; muslim brotherhood (USA branch).. Beware of him and his tea party members.

Must be on some kind of religious war rant or something.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184659 Mar 26, 2013
Rant wrote:
Rome was a Roman Catholic empire and not hardly what most would consider a Christian as the church was as greedy as the government. Sounds kinda familiar huh. The truth hurts but the truth is the truth.
ROFLMAO... now you are saying that the majority of Christians in history... weíre not Christians, that the original Christians from Christ all the way to the reformation were not Christians

That THE Church that the Apostle Paul founded, was not Christian

Do you know anything of history at all?

This is hilarious

Rome was beset by competing religions, the Christians were violent, they burned the library at Alexandria setting human knowledge back a thousand years. The only way out was for the emperor Constantine to convert, that calmed things down, and the roman empire became a Christian empire, 150 before it fell, it was Christian.

Your ignorance of the fact, does not change the fact.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184662 Mar 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
Well today is the big day, finally. I have faith that SCOTUS will do the right thing. It would be interesting to get SCOTUS' reaction to some of the hateful, putrid posts written by Prop 8 supporters.
Same here, although you realize we will not hear any kind of decision until likely June

This is a day that will go down in American history, they will be talking about this day for a hundred years or more.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184664 Mar 26, 2013
Ronald wrote:
Lately, the Government licensed "news" has been promoting - in unison - the notion that, now, "everyone" supports the idea that two persons of the same SEX should have the "right" to "marry" each other. It must be true. After all, we can always believe the Government propaganda mill. Yeah. Right.
exactly ronald! And since voting didn't work for them. It's like the Government licensed scientists that tell us we all need a flu shot, even babies and pregnant women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charles Koch calls on fellow conservative donor... 1 hr Captain Yesterday 28
grill a burger in palm desert, ca. Sat Betty 1
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Jan 24 Bob 8
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Jan 21 its me daisy 40
Review: Tj's Steaks Pasta & Spirits Jan 20 Wordonthestreet 1
Is Missing 71-Year-Old Palm Desert Man In San B... Jan 18 ImNotWeTarDidButU... 2
DHS Police Chief Charles Maynard to retire Jan 16 not to mention 3
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:28 pm PST