Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184543 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that even a little bit is bad, that is why I am in Favor of same sex marriage, the same rules, the same law, justice for all, regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.
I donít think you understand the meaning of the words you are using.
the central arguemnt of brown vs board of ed.....

is separate but equal.....which didnt fly...

because they wernt going to BE eqaul...

with far reich wingniuts like brain?/

im sure it is "separate and clearly not equal..."

do you know any marraige's that are descibed as 'perfect"??

me either....I think this is one of the most delusion baggers here.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184544 Mar 25, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think she realizes how pervasive anal sex is these days....
chicks love it!!
especially the younger ones!!
A gay telling us what girls love?

Priceless funny~!

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184545 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
The minute you apply the word to ss couples, it no longer has the original meaning, and is diluted to simply a friendship.
Looks like the joke is on you...
Snicker.
Yes there is, in 10 states, one district and 17 countries

and more are entering into the 21st century every year
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184546 Mar 25, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
it is going to be a BIG blow to bigotry when the court strikes down prop hate tommrow, and then DOma
ALL of the arguemnets have been heard, and ALL of them from the right were pure non-sense...
Not sure I expect the result tomorrow

But there is no real question in my mind that it will be struck down.

And that will be glad news no matter how expected

Location hidden

#184547 Mar 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. Quit trying to act like you know anything about science. The FACT that there has been a stable gay population across time and all cultures PROVES that homosexuality is normal. Homosexuality is found in EVERY species of animals (that reproduce sexually).
Oh Bee Essss.

Quit trying to act like you know anything about science. The fact that many genetic defects have a stable existence across time and all cultures proves that homosexuality is a defect.

Same sex sexual behavior (SSSB) is present in all species idiot, not homosexuality. Learn the difference so you don't look quite so stupid!

The government isn't "forcing" any view on you. You are free to be the country's biggest dumbass. No one can force you to accept the facts, but no one is going to excuse you for being a liar.

Snicker.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184548 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Bee Essss.
Quit trying to act like you know anything about science. The fact that many genetic defects have a stable existence across time and all cultures proves that homosexuality is a defect.
Same sex sexual behavior (SSSB) is present in all species idiot, not homosexuality. Learn the difference so you don't look quite so stupid!
The government isn't "forcing" any view on you. You are free to be the country's biggest dumbass. No one can force you to accept the facts, but no one is going to excuse you for being a liar.
Snicker.
Wow... where you home schooled, you donít appear to know anything of science at all.

The government is not forcing a view on marriage in 10 states, one district, nor in 16 other countries.

And more are coming to the right decision every year.

Location hidden

#184549 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, Christians are on the right side of science in agreeing that marriage is distinct from ss couples.
Ironic isn't it.
Smirk.
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
well, hmm. not exactly. many christian churches and denominations and other faiths are accepting homosexuals as clergy. many are also performing same sex marriages.
i know, this is about as disturbing to the "conservative" sects as allowing women to become preachers and pastors back in the 70s was. but they all continue.
and you might take note of the pre research study regarding faith in america. take particular attention to the numbers of the more conservative denominations that are falling at a greater pace than that of more "liberal" denominations (read : those that are on opposing sides of the same sex marriage debate).
good luck kimar. you'll be needing it.
Quite a stretch to say 'many'. The reality is that it is a shrinking minority who are a shadow of the substance and number of their heritage.

Please, why not post the specific survey? Might not say what you claim. Again.

Snicker.
Less Problems

La Puente, CA

#184550 Mar 25, 2013
Cyprus strikes last-minute EU bailout deal
Agreement set to involve heavy losses for wealthy investors, while those with savings under Ä100,000 will be spared.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#184551 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
The minute you apply the word to ss couples, it no longer has the original meaning, and is diluted to simply a friendship.
Looks like the joke is on you...
Snicker.
then don't get gay married if it has no meaning to you.

you make your own marriage. just like anyone else does in their own marriage. if your marriage is diluted because some stranger across the street marries a same sex partner, or someone across town or across the state....that's pretty sad for you and a lousy excuse to use because you're not happy with marriage.

try again. you won't succeed. but try again.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184552 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, Christians are on the right side of science in agreeing that marriage is distinct from ss couples.
Ironic isn't it.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Quite a stretch to say 'many'. The reality is that it is a shrinking minority who are a shadow of the substance and number of their heritage.
Snicker.
Thousands of churches, there are over 120,000 legal same sex marriages in the US today

Location hidden

#184553 Mar 25, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
no, really, no bullshit.
the reality is that the tea partiers and republicans don't want their money going to help the needy. they want the money in their pockets. otherwise there wouldn't be the debate about the budget and taxation.
yea, gee, that reality thing, when it bites ya on the arse, must really hurt. never had it happen to me so why don't you tell us how it feels there chumly?
First, I was referring to Christians.

Second, Tea Partiers want a balanced budget. A mandatory precursor to self-sufficiency.

Third, Republicans are in a same sex political marriage with liberals, big government and big business

As for arse's, keep in mind you can't fit a bent stick in a straight hole.

Smile.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#184554 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironic isn't it.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Snicker.
LOL. you might want to read the public statements and the decisions made by the ELCA. they specifically mention science chum.

you want to know...then check with PEW RESEARCH. simple google search will get you there.

American denominations that accept and embrace homosexual members of the congregation and / or clergy:
United Church of Christ
Unity School of Christianity
Most Church of the Brethren groups
many but not all Anglican, United Methodist, Northern Baptist, and Congregational groups.
Reform Judaism
Conservative Egalitarian
Judaism
Reconstructionist JUDAISM
Metropolitan Community Church
Association of Welcoming Affirming Baptists
Ecumenical Catholic Church
International Christian Community Churches
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
US Episcopal Church
Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ (Latter Day Saint denomination)
United Church of Canada
USA Presbyterian Church
In Europe, the following denominations accept and embrace homosexuality in it's members or clergy :
Evangelical Church in Germany
Swiss Reformed Church
Protestant Church - Netherlands
Church of Denmark
Church of Norway
Church of Sweden
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
Church of Iceland
The following are specific churches that are open, accepting & embrace homosexuals as congregants and / or clergy :
Bethlehem Community, Faithful Companions of St. Francis religious community within Ecumenical Catholic Church (Liverpool, England)
Broadway United Methodist Church (Indianapolis, IN)
Cathedral of Hope (Dallas, Texas, USA)
Community Parish of St Bernadette Liverpool - congregation of Ecumenical Catholic Church (Liverpool, England)
Glide Memorial Church (San Francisco, California, USA)
Most Holy Redeemer Catholic Church (San Francisco, California, USA)
Grace Gospel Chapel (Seattle, Washington, USA)
Light of Love Fellowship (St. Louis, Missouri, USA)
Pullen Memorial Baptist Church (Raleigh, North Carolina, USA)
Tong-Kwang Light House Presbyterian Church (Taipei, Taiwan)
University Baptist Church (Austin, Texas, USA)
St. Paul's Anglican Church (Vancouver, BC)
Wake Forest Baptist Church (Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA)
Walnut Creek United Methodist Church (Walnut Creek, California, USA)
Broadway Baptist Church - Ft. Worth, TX.
Celebration Community Church - Ft. Worth, TX
Royal Lane Baptist Church Ė Dallas, Tx

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184555 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít want Atheism mandated, I want freedom for both those that believe in one of the billions of Gods man has dreamed up or not as they choose.
"Billions of Gods man has dreamed up..."? Sounds like the Carl Sagan view of religion.
Dissent is a good thing not a bad thing.
Absolutely....unless one criticizes that secular sacred cow, same sex marriage, then the critic becomes a "bigot", "homophobe", or a "anti gay". Now if the person who opposes SSM, is gay, and offers the same rational reasons that a straight person who opposes it does, well by gosh by golly, that gay person is a traitor to the cause, a self hater....don't they know all gay people have to march lock step behind the rainbow flag?
Nope not the place for me
Are ya sure? Oh wait...I get it now...you have to compete for attention with "The Leader"...yeah can't have TWO people on the mountain.
but you really should check out the Taliban... you would fit right in
I don't think they'd be too fond of a nice Italian American boy like me. Maybe if I brought them a nice bottle of vino rosso, AND an autographed picture of "Big D"....now that would impress them. Perhaps if I throw in a "Big D" bobble head doll to sweeten the deal...yeah bay bee...now we're talking!

Location hidden

#184556 Mar 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The one study that you have brought up--which has been widely panned by other scientists--indicates that children do better in homes of opposite gender parents.
It DOES NOT indicate that children in same-gender homes are at risk or do so poorly that they should be immediately removed.
There is a HUGE difference between "not doing as well" and "failing to be fit".
Using your own arguments, all children who aren't in two person, opposite parent homes should immediately be placed in foster care, because only biological, opposite parent homes are the "Gold Standard".
And that's just stupid.
Another lie.

If you used my argument, you would use my example. My wife and I fostered over ten children who were restored to their parent(s).

Why is it VV, that you can never argue from the facts? Does that not trouble you inside? Are you that seared? Sad.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184557 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay telling us what girls love?
Priceless funny~!
Smile.
so you must think EVERY body who supports civil rights for the LGBT community is gay??

that is an interesting mental disorder you have there...

by that logic??

58% of the country would be gay....

and it is only really a small percentage of folks that ARE gay..

but they are going to make HUGE leaps ahead in their cause, this week.

and that is where the joke is on you....

the bigots are clearly on the wrong side of history.....

I mean the social conservatives...

down with DOMA
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184559 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Billions of Gods man has dreamed up..."? Sounds like the Carl Sagan view of religion.
<quoted text>
Absolutely....unless one criticizes that secular sacred cow, same sex marriage, then the critic becomes a "bigot", "homophobe", or a "anti gay". Now if the person who opposes SSM, is gay, and offers the same rational reasons that a straight person who opposes it does, well by gosh by golly, that gay person is a traitor to the cause, a self hater....don't they know all gay people have to march lock step behind the rainbow flag?
<quoted text>
Are ya sure? Oh wait...I get it now...you have to compete for attention with "The Leader"...yeah can't have TWO people on the mountain.
<quoted text>
I don't think they'd be too fond of a nice Italian American boy like me. Maybe if I brought them a nice bottle of vino rosso, AND an autographed picture of "Big D"....now that would impress them. Perhaps if I throw in a "Big D" bobble head doll to sweeten the deal...yeah bay bee...now we're talking!
I remember a cartoon of Sagan when he was a child looking at the night sky saying, "look at the star's there must be hundreds and hundreds of them" LOL

My statement was fact, man as believed in billions of different gods, all equal in the amount of evidence for their existence. If you knew much of religions you would realize there are over a billion different gods are believed in today, looking back into history it gets closer to 9 billion.

You are free to oppose whatever you choose, but we are a nation of law, You keep wanting for force your view on others. I do not, I am in a heterosexual marriage and no one is forcing me into a homosexual marriage, I only accept that homosexuals are Americans too and deserve the same rights and privileges as any other American, but I am a patriot and freedom and justice are probably more important to me than to you.

endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184560 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I expect the result tomorrow
But there is no real question in my mind that it will be struck down.
And that will be glad news no matter how expected
there is nothing like winning when you didnt expect to...

that said, it feels good to win, when YOU KNOW you are right, and it is simply a matter of the court backing US up and telling the bigots to finally....SIT DOWN.!!!!!

I had that same feeling last fall, when Obama trounced thurston howell the third, and his car elevator!!

all the racist bigots were ready for a big racist hurrah!!

unfortunately for them?? they were watching faux news, and were badly mislead into thinking they would win.!!

when they were trounced firmly....

many of them act as theough the election never happed, and amercia DIDNT shoot their agenda down.

Location hidden

#184561 Mar 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad..
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither word applies to marriage, which is a legal joining of two adults that results in forming a family.
Why do you think that posting and re-posting such silly things will have any bearing on the topic? It doesn't get more sensible or relevent with age.
The irony is that gays claim the right to dictate which words apply and which definition applies to marriage.

The separation of children as a factor of marriage is a form of apartheid.

Deleting a gender from a marriage is clear gender segregation.

These words perfectly describe, within their current definitions what you are attempting to do. God blessed Brian with that insight. It fatally pierces the deception of calling ss couples 'married'.

Moreover, at it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. You have no defense of that fact.

All you can do is de-define marriage to a friendship dictated by the government and resulting in the deprivation of at least one of the only biological parents a child will ever have.

How romantic, and how costly for the child.

Happy?

Location hidden

#184562 Mar 25, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe it's like baying your finger with a hammer....the more you do it, the more desensitized your finger becomes & after a while, it just isn't noticed anymore?
then again, some folks are into that kinda thing. not me. but i've heard of them.
Thou dost protest too much...

Certainly not a heart and clearly not a mind.

Snicker.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184563 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie.
If you used my argument, you would use my example. My wife and I fostered over ten children who were restored to their parent(s).
Why is it VV, that you can never argue from the facts? Does that not trouble you inside? Are you that seared? Sad.
hopefully those ten kids recovered and didnt catch what ever mental disorder you suffer from.....some of the things coming out of you should be studied by psychiatrits and papers written about you!! you could make a signifigant contribution to medical science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Dec 23 Mike 132
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web