Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
158,121 - 158,140 of 200,565 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, indeed, it would have. But somehow I doubt that you will ever catch on that legally, it is a completely separate issue. It would have been just as irrelevant for the Kodys to show up and talk about the wonders of blueberry pie.
When poly goes to court. Please be sure to show up and tell them poly shouldn't be allowed "because it's a completely separate issue, your honor"

Too funny!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Why donít Mormons have the right to enter into multiple marriages sanctified by their church, if not the state?
I'm not a Mormon. I don't know how the Mormon church decides its rules. They can marry whomever they want as far as I'm concerned, and they really don't need anyone's permission.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
So why is polygamy illegal?
... wait for it

off topic
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Mormon. I don't know how the Mormon church decides its rules. They can marry whomever they want as far as I'm concerned, and they really don't need anyone's permission.
So can you. Except in NJ you can't marry someone of the same sex or more than one person at a time. So why do we whine, eh? We're all equal like that.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When poly goes to court. Please be sure to show up and tell them poly shouldn't be allowed "because it's a completely separate issue, your honor"
Too funny!
Huh? When poly goes to court...poly shouldn't be allowed? WTF????? That makes about as much sense as a screendoor on a submarine.

Poly is a separate issue from the topic of this thread. Jesus Christ, you are defective.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
... wait for it
off topic
No it's not.

If someone mentions opposite sex marriage you don't whine at all. Why do you whine when someone mentions poly marriage?

Let me answer. It's because you are a hypocrite and have no argument.

I support equal protection. You do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that pesky prison sentence though Miss Thing, how do they get around that?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? When poly goes to court...poly shouldn't be allowed? WTF????? That makes about as much sense as a screendoor on a submarine.
Poly is a separate issue from the topic of this thread. Jesus Christ, you are defective.
No it's not. It's very relevant. You lie and say it's not to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I attack self righteous hypocrites. If you weren't blinded by your prejudce and anger you would notice the difference.
You are a hypocrite and now you're trying to pull your old "Frankie's a liar" straw man.
Tell us about those child molesting welfare cheating Mormons again bigot. And why they don't deserve equal protection.
You attack any supporters of same sex marriage, even if they say they are not against poly marriage

Your attacks are clear, and directed

You have already stated you have no personal interest in poly.

You only use it to attack anyone and everyone that supports same sex marriage, regardless of their position on Poly

You are a joke, and everyone sees it
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Girl scout cookie time!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You attack any supporters of same sex marriage, even if they say they are not against poly marriage
Your attacks are clear, and directed
You have already stated you have no personal interest in poly.
You only use it to attack anyone and everyone that supports same sex marriage, regardless of their position on Poly
You are a joke, and everyone sees it
I attack self righteousness. A very ugly trait.

I have no personal interest in any marriage. I like the single life.

You have stated that you have no personal interest in same sex marriage.

You are an angry hypocrite and everyone sees it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by some angry jackass troll, it's Girl Scout Cookie Time! Mmmmmm!

http://www.lotsofjokes.com/girl_scout_cookies...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Why do Brownies sell cookies?

YUK!YUK!YUK! I love the sillyass jokes my grandkids tell me!

So sue me Big D, tell me I'm lying and it's off topic. Get angry and say you're laughing at me!

And Jizzy, go to work you're late again punching that clock you big dopey galoot! Stew for all day on the loading dock about me then come back with some ammunition.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I attack self righteousness. A very ugly trait.
I have no personal interest in any marriage. I like the single life.
You have stated that you have no personal interest in same sex marriage.
You are an angry hypocrite and everyone sees it.
You attack anyone that is for SSM

and defend those that oppose it

dont think we have not noticed, everyone has
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not.
If someone mentions opposite sex marriage you don't whine at all. Why do you whine when someone mentions poly marriage?
Let me answer. It's because you are a hypocrite and have no argument.
I support equal protection. You do not.
<looks at top of page>

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Poly IS off topic. Jesus.... you're like a four year old.

Equal protection is GUARANTEED by our constitution. It's clear to me that you don't comprehend what 'equal protection' means. It does NOT mean everyone gets equal rights.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. It's very relevant. You lie and say it's not to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Ok.... I can see you're already on bottle #2 so get back to us when you can follow the conversation. Conversing with you is like watching a Monty Python sketch from Life of Brian.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by some angry jackass troll, it's Girl Scout Cookie Time! Mmmmmm!
http://www.lotsofjokes.com/girl_scout_cookies...
Suck down all the Girl Scout cookies you can afford. Maybe the world will get lucky and you'll get diabetes.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that pesky prison sentence though Miss Thing, how do they get around that?
Prison sentence for what? Churches can marry anyone they wish. Those marriages are only legal if the parties take out a license/certificate from the State. I doubt if any polys would be foolish enough to do that. They can have their church weddings, I don't care.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Prison sentence for what? Churches can marry anyone they wish. Those marriages are only legal if the parties take out a license/certificate from the State. I doubt if any polys would be foolish enough to do that. They can have their church weddings, I don't care.
They can and do

And I have not seen a lot of arrests for polygamy ( except where not all the parties are aware the other is already married ), I have seen polygamists get arrested for other things, but not specifically for polygamy.

You are right about your assessment of Frankie, he doesnít have the courage to be honest. He hides behind this diversion of the topic instead.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They can and do
And I have not seen a lot of arrests for polygamy ( except where not all the parties are aware the other is already married ), I have seen polygamists get arrested for other things, but not specifically for polygamy.
You are right about your assessment of Frankie, he doesnít have the courage to be honest. He hides behind this diversion of the topic instead.
well.... I'm not so sure about it being courage that he lacks. I would say it's intellect. He can't even follow the basic points of a conversation from one post to the next. He's got a bad case of A.D.D..... so it's no surprise that he is unable to form a well-reasoned argument. I bet he's a sucky chess player, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info