Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,148

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#179406 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you two trolls flooding the forum with posts about polygamy because you realize there isn't a good argument against gay marriage?
(One of you is clearly flying false colors, pretending to be for gay marriage.0
Rosie....Rosie.....Rosie....pe rsonally there's no good argument for gay marriage. Frankie may feel different. But ya can't argue for "marriage equality" for those forms of marriage you like, and ignore those you don't. Plural marriage people are knocking on the rainbow clubhouse door. They want some of that "marriage equality" you keep harping about. Don't be mad cuz they want to crash the party. Kody Brown and his wives support you, can't you support them?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179407 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you two trolls flooding the forum with posts about polygamy because you realize there isn't a good argument against gay marriage?
I'm the fake fundie I presume?

Who cares what you believe, you are stupid.

Why would I lie dummy? Think real hard and come up with your dopey reason, I would love to hear it.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179408 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosie....Rosie.....Rosie....pe rsonally there's no good argument for gay marriage. Frankie may feel different. But ya can't argue for "marriage equality" for those forms of marriage you like, and ignore those you don't. Plural marriage people are knocking on the rainbow clubhouse door. They want some of that "marriage equality" you keep harping about. Don't be mad cuz they want to crash the party. Kody Brown and his wives support you, can't you support them?
I cannot see how you can support one without supporting the other. And none of these clowns ever even attempt to explain it, they just straw man it or filibuster it. Dismiss is as a fish!(red herring)

You are consistent. You don't support either. I am consistent I support both. All these other jackasses support only same sex and are ignorant and bigoted about poly. They are hypocrites, plain and simple.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179409 Feb 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Too stupid to read what I wrote I see
Great argument fruitcake.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179410 Feb 12, 2013
I love it. Anyone who doesn't agree with Rose_NoHo is a troll!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179411 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179412 Feb 12, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179413 Feb 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Too stupid to read what I wrote I see

Big D

Modesto, CA

#179414 Feb 12, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument fruitcake.
Mormon boy, I was offering a suggestion that would make poly marriage as legitimate as any other kind of marriage.

and you still scream and stamp your feet because you think you know what someone is saying while you are actually totally clueless.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179415 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If these jackasses represented the gay marriage movement I would be against it! I have to keep reminding myself that they don't.

My main reason for not being against gay marriage is I see no harm in it. And I have gay friends I want to see happy.

If we allow gay marriage I don't see why we can still not allow poly marriage. So there's my position in a nutshell. I see no harm in either.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#179416 Feb 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormon boy, I was offering a suggestion that would make poly marriage as legitimate as any other kind of marriage.
and you still scream and stamp your feet because you think you know what someone is saying while you are actually totally clueless.
"Mormon boy"? Are there Italian Mormons?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179417 Feb 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormon boy...
You're a bigot. Against equal rights due to extreme ignorance.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179418 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea

still that idea would work

every religion could define "marriage" for their own little private cult

and the government would only recognize the contract of a civil union, which is all the government needs, the legal contract.

One church could call marriage between only a man and a woman
Another church could do same sex marriages
and even Mormon boy could have his poly marriage and call it that

and all would be recognized equally by the law governing civil unions

and they could point fingers at each other all day long calling the other heathens and it would mean absolutely nothing.

The nice part about doing it that way is that even non-relationship unions could be done. 2 older women for example not in a sexual relationship, but close friends with no family could join in such a civil contract for mutual support.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179419 Feb 12, 2013
The key to this would be the government no longer recognizing the word... marriage, as any kind of legal term, the government only recognizing civil contracts.

That would solve the mess for everyone.

( granted there would be screaming from the hilltops as currently married couples would be under the same contract. But it would not harm my marriage, I don’t care what the government calls it, and I could care less what any religion calls it, we define our marriage in personal terms, and the law by the legal term )
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179420 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just mad. So mad it makes him silly-stupid.

It brings out his inner bigot nicely though.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179421 Feb 12, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just mad. So mad it makes him silly-stupid.
It brings out his inner bigot nicely though.
No you are just too stupid to comprehend what I am saying.

Perhaps your friend can
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179422 Feb 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea
still that idea would work
every religion could define "marriage" for their own little private cult
and the government would only recognize the contract of a civil union, which is all the government needs, the legal contract.
One church could call marriage between only a man and a woman
Another church could do same sex marriages
and even Mormon boy could have his poly marriage and call it that
and all would be recognized equally by the law governing civil unions
and they could point fingers at each other all day long calling the other heathens and it would mean absolutely nothing.
The nice part about doing it that way is that even non-relationship unions could be done. 2 older women for example not in a sexual relationship, but close friends with no family could join in such a civil contract for mutual support.
Same sex couples want nothing short of real marriage just like hetero couples. And I agree with them, they should have it.

So your dopey plan won't work. Hetero couples don't have to settle for civil unions and homosexual couples should not have to either. Nor should polyamorists.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179423 Feb 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are just too stupid to comprehend what I am saying.
Perhaps your friend can
Is this the start of a new Big D straw man? "You're too stupid to comprehend my enlightened position Mormon boy"?

Too Funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179424 Feb 12, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex couples want nothing short of real marriage just like hetero couples. And I agree with them, they should have it.
So your dopey plan won't work. Hetero couples don't have to settle for civil unions and homosexual couples should not have to either. Nor should polyamorists.
Under what I just said, they would be 100% equal, as the government wouldn’t recognize heterosexual marriage either.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#179425 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosie....Rosie.....Rosie....pe rsonally there's no good argument for gay marriage.
Equal rights.
No other argument is needed.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Frankie may feel different. But ya can't argue for "marriage equality" for those forms of marriage you like, and ignore those you don't. Plural marriage people are knocking on the rainbow clubhouse door. They want some of that "marriage equality" you keep harping about.
They have it. They have the same right to marry more than one person everybody else does.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Don't be mad cuz they want to crash the party. Kody Brown and his wives support you, can't you support them?
Stupid troll, equal means "the same". Everybody is treated equally, the same, when it comes to getting married to more than one spouse, so it's not an equal rights issue. Are you really so dumb you don't understand that? But everybody is not treated equally when it comes to getting married to a man (or a woman), so that is an equal rights issue.

Should everybody be able to marry more than one spouse? Well, why not start a forum and talk about it?(Notice, I'm not stating a position on polygamy, it's just a red herring in this forum.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 11 Tony 1
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Dec 1 kent 48

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at December 17 at 9:43AM PST

Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match