Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,977

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#179020 Feb 9, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
You Liberals hate this country!!!
No but I can't stand over 50% of the people who live in this country.
Why millions cross the border to come here, goofball?
USA has a net negative migration rate. More people are leaving the AmeriKKKa nation than entering.
America is the best country in the world!
Not true in terms of education, healthcare, wealth equality, birth mortality, etc.
Full of Conservative Christians who risk their lives to help other overseas. Conservatives who care abs love others and send millions of dollars to help other countries in need!
Most Conservative Christians are the ones pushing for killing and wars overseas.
Why do you think Texas has no "kids gun down" problem?
They do. Texas is one of the worst states in the union with the highest teen pregnancy, poverty, stupidity, illiteracy, etc.
Did you know that cities that allow guns are less violent and have less crime?
Not true. You are lying.
Do you really think that taking guns from law abiding citizens will reduce crime?
Yes Amerifat. Statistically it's been proven that less guns = less killing. Look at UK with only 35 deaths caused by guns last year.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#179021 Feb 9, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for them to embrace it.
<quoted text>
Actually, it's more of a "who cares?" thought. If SSM opens a door to Poly, so what?! Really, so what if it does?
<quoted text>
S o w h a t !? Non-issue, get over it.
Here we go again, a buff ego with no head trying to reason...

First, words describe reality. A poly-marriage holds two major common distinctions that gay couples completely fail at;
-diverse genders
-procreation

Always core identities of the relationship of marriage.

This still ignores the fundamental essence of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Something you still have been abjectly unable to surmount with an iota of reason...

All this and more clearly disqualifies gay couples from marriage. No matter what some twisted judge decrees...

However, the practice of polygamy is rooted in two reasons;
-Supporting a population that has more females than males.
-A substandard solution to address male mating behavior drive.

It also has this vicious backlash for women. Let me use Mohammad and Bin Laden as examples;

Both had polygamous marriages. Both had wives engaged in vicious fights for dominance and attention.

Location hidden

#179022 Feb 9, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, straight marriage is leading to SSM. So if SSM leads to Poly, and you really, really don't want Poly then you should be arguing to get rid of the root cause which is staright marriage.
See how much credit that will buy you.
Then again, if you don't think straight marriage marriage leads to SSM then your whole fear about SSM leading to Poly is unfounded and a lie.
Your headless buff ego knows no bounds...

As noted above, marriage does NOT "lead to ssm". They are, of all relational types, literally opposites.

Moreover, your gay twirl asserts that the perversion of a good thing (marriage) means you get rid of the good thing, instead of eradicating the negative element. Are you serious???

In other words, we have laws prohibiting polygamy instead of abolishing marriage, the best and intended birthplace of human fruit.

Congratulations! You boggle the mind of a half senile old man with your stupidity...

Smirk smile.

Location hidden

#179023 Feb 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. The law and the Constitution are being manipulated. Our founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Women and non-white people can vote. It's against the law to murder natives. Slavery is illegal...
Let's 'em roll!
If you knew history, you'd know they knew they had sounded the death knell for those issues.

While those issues have been confronted over and over in history, calling gay couples married has only extremely rarely and briefly been attempted. A clear distinction.

Ho, Ho, Ho.

Location hidden

#179024 Feb 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't have a good argument against gay marriage, you try to cloud the issue with the polygamy red herring. Why not start a forum on the topic of polygamy? Oh, yeah, you don't really give a damn about it.
I remembered when the slippery slide argument was discounted in the debate about legalizing abortion. There would 'never be acceptance' for the killing of viable babies. There are no restrictions. You know that, don't you.

Isn't that a Ho, Ho, Ho.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#179025 Feb 9, 2013
Same sex marriage is like abortion or women combat troops in the front lines. Same sex marriage is like gender apartheid marriage where before marriage had perfect gender diversity, integration and union.

Judges should rule by law, not wright law. Sympathy isn't the function of justice, maybe they should go to church, where they encourage charity and mercy. Law is for consistent results along tradition and precedent, not radical new standards of marriage.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#179026 Feb 9, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
One woman is enough for me! Who the heck wants more?
Inflatables don't count.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#179027 Feb 9, 2013
Hey Frankiee you sure are taring up the old ballot box. Way to go dude.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179028 Feb 9, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
One woman is enough for me! Who the heck wants more?
Not me! But some do. And some women want more than one husband. And sometimes three men want to marry. I say let 'em. Their rights are just as important as anyone else's.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179029 Feb 9, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Still no intelligent argument? Give up! You're too stupid to even try.

Hey, I know! Go make a troll thread!

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#179030 Feb 9, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no intelligent argument? Give up! You're too stupid to even try.
Hey, I know! Go make a troll thread!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179031 Feb 9, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Frankiee you sure are taring up the old ballot box. Way to go dude.
Still no intelligent argument eh, dummy? That's because you're too stupid to argue intelligently with me. And you're just smart enough to know it. Congratulations! All those rides on the short bus weren't for naught.

Where's your hat?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179032 Feb 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is like abortion or women combat troops in the front lines. Same sex marriage is like gender apartheid marriage where before marriage had perfect gender diversity, integration and union.
Judges should rule by law, not wright law. Sympathy isn't the function of justice, maybe they should go to church, where they encourage charity and mercy. Law is for consistent results along tradition and precedent, not radical new standards of marriage.
It certainly would be accepted better if it was done by popular vote. I think much of the opposition to same sex marriage isn't against it per se, but it is a backlash against making it legal by judicial fiat.

I think if a popular vote were held today, it would probably pass. And avoid much backlash against it.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#179033 Feb 9, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no intelligent argument eh, dummy? That's because you're too stupid to argue intelligently with me. And you're just smart enough to know it. Congratulations! All those rides on the short bus weren't for naught.
Where's your hat?
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. Tell me was the judge correct?
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#179034 Feb 9, 2013
Robert wrote:
When the majority votes in favor of something it's called a law. Funny how a couple of VERY liberal judges can undo what MOST of us want, to protect the institution of marriage. Guess that's makes me every four-letter word in the book.
...starting with dumb.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179035 Feb 9, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. Tell me was the judge correct?
Yes. Prop 8 was unconstitutional.

I know, it's a big word maybe someone in the jackass crew will explain it to you.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#179036 Feb 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays and lesbians can legally marry in any state in the union. Always had that right, and did, exercise that right, just like anybody else.
Yes a gay man could always legally marry a straight woman, and a lesbian woman couod always marry a straight man. Usually the homosexual person did not tell the straight person that they were gay. They had to "stay in the closet". Now wouldn't it be nice if homosexual people could come out of the closet and marry the same sex person they really wanted to marry?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179037 Feb 9, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
...starting with dumb.
Substance Janey-Doody substance.

Jizybird looks up to you. Impress him! He likes kindergarten type ad hominem best and you the man when it comes to dopey ad hominem!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179038 Feb 9, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
...starting with dumb.
And in your case, ending with dumb.

Why do you believe polygamy doesn't deserve the same consideration and respect as same sex marriage? We know it's illegal, so don't try to say that's why. That's silly!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179039 Feb 9, 2013
DorN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a gay man could always legally marry a straight woman, and a lesbian woman couod always marry a straight man. Usually the homosexual person did not tell the straight person that they were gay. They had to "stay in the closet". Now wouldn't it be nice if homosexual people could come out of the closet and marry the same sex person they really wanted to marry?
I think it wouldn't harm anyone and it should be allowed. I also think a marriage of three wouldn't harm anyone and should be allowed. Marriage is a good thing for society.

It would be best if we could vote on it. I think people get angry more at the judicial fiat way of enacting it than with same sex marriage itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Bikerboy 7,956
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 13 hr theos 2,276
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sat ET SNELL 26
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat free for all 5,081
Do you approve of Mary Bono Mack as Representat... (Jul '12) Sat marcella williams 4
Scottish-Americans mixed on keeping kingdom united Sat James 3
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE