Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,799)

Showing posts 155,961 - 155,980 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just laughing at him complaining about the link, it worked for me, maybe he is computer challenged.
There is a special living facility for the computer impaired
He needs a special helmet. Poor boi got his tongue stuck on the cold window again.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything but substance eh, jackass? When you're done with your petty personal attacks about "obsession" and such other stupidity perhaps you'll finally get on topic?
Don't you agree that the judge overturning California's ban on same-sex marriage bodes well for all marriage equality?
The question is not off topic. But I bet your response will be.
Not really sure what you mean by "all marriage equality" there Frankie boy but I hazard to guess you mean

1. Marrying children
2. Marrying blood relatives, i.e. mom & son, father & daughter, brother & sister.
3. Marrying your pet.
4. polygamy

First you are using the slippery slope fallacy. But just to answer your stupidity.
1. There is thing called AGE OF CONSENT. Children can not give their consent to sex and marriage. ergo it will remain illegal.
CASED CLOSED
2. Therre are health issues with marrying close relatives, which is why it is illegal. You can easily see what happens by studying British and Russian royalty in the 1600-1800's, particularly the Tsar family, you will notice the high rate of hemophilia. And that was with cousins marrying cousins. No telling what would have happened between direct family members...well I take that back...you are a prime example.
3. Besides from the obvious health issues, animals can not give their consent to marriage....so it would be rape.
4. marriage above all else is a social contract. Inheritances, medical decisions, etc are all part of that contract. With polygamy, the lines of who gets what, who makes what decisions are blurred and lead to legal battles. Does one of the wives who is not the mother of one of the children in the marriage get to make medical decisions for that child is a prime example of why polygamy is illegal.

These are all rational, logical reasons why the slippery slope fallacy is moot. However, judging by your previous posts, intelligent logical debate is not your forte. Debating with a wall has better results.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you vote for Frankiee, just look in the forum you will find the poll
Dopey ad hominem. Talk about "Sucking up hard drive space"! Too funny!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>It was private, I made it public, DUH. I mean you have seen it right? It does exist, hell its collecting valuable votes as we speak.
You said you already took the poll dummy. You didn't. You lied. I don't see Rose_noHo's vote you claimed. Voter fraud?

Your dopey little thread, while very cute is of course a violation of TOS and just plain silly! But I am kind of honored. If you clowns voted for instead of against me I'd be bummed!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is a valid question.. are you stupid?
everyone else knows what effect it will have, but you keep asking.
If it's valid for me it's valid for you.

Are you stupid?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow me!
Why you mad?? Now as far as blowing you. You don't have a spine, I am sure you can rubber neck it. Do you swallow your own load?

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The decline of the power of religion in America is what has made Same Sex marriage possible, and you call that off topic hypocrite
I am not complaining, I am laughing at you complaining about others being off topic.
The decline of religious dogma affecting the lives of Americans has had many beneficial affects

1. Birth control is available to single adults.
2. Stores can be open on Sundays.
3. Non christians children are not subjected to being ostracized in public schools during "prayers"
4. In most states Blue laws are a thing of the past.
5. Freedom of Religion has been expanded and applies to all Americans, not just Christians.
6. The religious litmus test for political candidates is on its way out the door.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Marrying children
2. Marrying blood relatives, i.e. mom & son, father & daughter, brother & sister.
3. Marrying your pet.
4. polygamy
First you are using the slippery slope fallacy..
There is the bait and switch list!

Frankie has been on that track from the beginning.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid?
Oh I am not all that intelligent, about average I guess, bright enough to wipe the floor with you, but look around, just about everyone is.

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid?
speaking of stupid, when your question is answered, you avoid the answer. so why bother asking it?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshiet. Post the verifiable data.
It would be hard to do. If you had had paid attention you would have seen. You are not here very often. And when you are you just post ad hominem.

Janey-Doody is adamant the judges decision had absolutely no effect on polygamy. You and Big D I think believe it does bode well for poly (I'm not sure though because you mostly just post dopey ad hominem) Also Rock Hudson believes it bodes well for poly. For just a few examples.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
The decline of religious dogma affecting the lives of Americans has had many beneficial affects
3. Non christians children are not subjected to being ostracized in public schools during "prayers"
5. Freedom of Religion has been expanded and applies to all Americans, not just Christians.
6. The religious litmus test for political candidates is on its way out the door.
I think the list is longer than that actually, but those are indeed very positive directions.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I am not all that intelligent, about average I guess, bright enough to wipe the floor with you, but look around, just about everyone is.
The thing is your goal is to "wipe the floor with me" and my goal is to discuss equal rights.

I suppose another of your goals is to gather a lot of fans. Don't be so proud. Most of them are dummies.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>speaking of stupid, when your question is answered, you avoid the answer. so why bother asking it?
First of all jackass, it's a discussion not a Q and A.

Second of all give me post numbers of someone responding to me seriously without the insults and ad hominem.

I suggest you avoid the discussion to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post reminded me of something

I will never forget the couple I knew that were so upset that Obama was re-elected they mentioned that they were considering moving to Australia, I told them that was a wonderful choice, and did they know that the prime minister of Australia is openly atheist?

Jaws hit the floor, it was hilarious.

We are actually behind the world a bit in this area, but we are catching up, and wising up
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is your goal is to "wipe the floor with me" and my goal is to discuss equal rights.
I suppose another of your goals is to gather a lot of fans. Don't be so proud. Most of them are dummies.
That has been achieved already, many times over, and not just by me, there are a lot of folks that have done that.

You are free to discuss equal rights all you want, just expect me to pounce when you tell others to stay on topic... cause it is fun.

You want the answer again?

It will have no effect on it whatsoever.

Any positive push by the allowing of gay marriage will be and already has been offset by the lessening of tolerance for fanatical religious fundamentalism and cult groups. Along with their decline goes the interest in your obsession as well.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really sure what you mean by "all marriage equality" there Frankie boy but I hazard to guess you mean
1. Marrying children
3. Marrying your pet.
4. polygamy
First you are using the slippery slope fallacy. But just to answer your stupidity.
1. There is thing called AGE OF CONSENT. Children can not give their consent to sex and marriage. ergo it will remain illegal.
CASED CLOSED
2. Therre are health issues with marrying close relatives, which is why it is illegal. You can easily see what happens by studying British and Russian royalty in the 1600-1800's, particularly the Tsar family, you will notice the high rate of hemophilia. And that was with cousins marrying cousins. No telling what would have happened between direct family members...well I take that back...you are a prime example.
3. Besides from the obvious health issues, animals can not give their consent to marriage....so it would be rape.
4. marriage above all else is a social contract. Inheritances, medical decisions, etc are all part of that contract. With polygamy, the lines of who gets what, who makes what decisions are blurred and lead to legal battles. Does one of the wives who is not the mother of one of the children in the marriage get to make medical decisions for that child is a prime example of why polygamy is illegal.
These are all rational, logical reasons why the slippery slope fallacy is moot. However, judging by your previous posts, intelligent logical debate is not your forte. Debating with a wall has better results.
I am of course talking about consenting committed adults, so scratch the first 3 items of your stupid list.

Modern science has debunked the myth about close relatives procreating and health issues, keep up!
And besides procreation has nothing to do with marriage right? Right.

How would a loving commited marriage of three men harm you?

The slippery slope is real, but not a reason to deny equal rights to same sex or poly marriages.

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/marriage.pdf

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be hard to do. If you had had paid attention you would have seen. You are not here very often. And when you are you just post ad hominem.
Janey-Doody is adamant the judges decision had absolutely no effect on polygamy. You and Big D I think believe it does bode well for poly (I'm not sure though because you mostly just post dopey ad hominem) Also Rock Hudson believes it bodes well for poly. For just a few examples.
Gawd are you stoopid. I never said the Judges decision had any thing to do with polygamy. I will run it past Big D, I think you full O shiet
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been achieved already, many times over, and not just by me, there are a lot of folks that have done that.
You are free to discuss equal rights all you want, just expect me to pounce when you tell others to stay on topic... cause it is fun.
You want the answer again?
It will have no effect on it whatsoever.
Any positive push by the allowing of gay marriage will be and already has been offset by the lessening of tolerance for fanatical religious fundamentalism and cult groups. Along with their decline goes the interest in your obsession as well.
You say it will have no effect whatsoever but then you say it will make things worse for polygamy. Which is it?

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all jackass, it's a discussion not a Q and A.
Second of all give me post numbers of someone responding to me seriously without the insults and ad hominem.
I suggest you avoid the discussion to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Was this not your post Frankie boy???

"Frankie RIzzo wrote:
Anything but substance eh, jackass? When you're done with your petty personal attacks about "obsession" and such other stupidity perhaps you'll finally get on topic?
Don't you agree that the judge overturning California's ban on same-sex marriage bodes well for all marriage equality?
The question is not off topic. But I bet your response will be."

Is that not a question near the end?? Oh and speaking of ad hominem attacks, you seem to be the master.

so it is obvious that since you can't address the logical answer, attacked the messenger.

BTW I'm betting you're a big Frankie Goes to Hollywood fan. Probably a Village People, Wham and George Michael fan too

Frankie boy isn't it about time for you to exit the closet? Embrace your sexuality, boy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,961 - 155,980 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance