Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,151

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#178888 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want five wives or to marry my brother. I want to discuss equal rights.
Do you want to marry a man? If not why are you arguing for same sex marriage?
Don't be so stupid.
again are these rhetorical questions, or are you really interested in answers. Please indicate if your questions are genuine or rhetorical
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178889 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question but I guess you have ADD
4. marriage above all else is a social contract. Inheritances, medical decisions, etc are all part of that contract. With polygamy, the lines of who gets what, who makes what decisions are blurred and lead to legal battles. Does one of the wives who is not the mother of one of the children in the marriage get to make medical decisions for that child is a prime example of why polygamy is illegal.
These are all rational, logical reasons why the slippery slope fallacy is moot. However, judging by your previous posts, intelligent logical debate is not your forte. Debating with a wall has better results.
same sex marriage and polygamy are two separate issues. and comparing them as equal is a fallacy..something you seem to use quite frequently.
as I said marriage is a social contract. Polygamy, besides a host of problems it raises, legal issues is the biggest.
The "we should not allow equal rights for poly because it would be complicated" argument.

Heard it. It's bogus. We can work it out. Complexity is no reason to deny equality.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#178890 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been through this. What makes you think I need your permission to discuss the topic or anything else?
You seriously don't think removing the ban on gay marriage will make it easier to remove the ban on polygamy some day?
By what logic do you insist that there will be no effect?
my bad, rhetorical
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178891 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
are these rhetoric questions, or do you want answers?
He has been given answers, he wants a public display of the "slipery slope" argument you so clearly pointed out.

he will not discuss same sex marrage in any way at all, he is 100% focused on poly, and no matter how many times that tactic fails him, he keeps at it.

I think we are looking at a learning disorder
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178892 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question but I guess you have ADD
4. marriage above all else is a social contract. Inheritances, medical decisions, etc are all part of that contract. With polygamy, the lines of who gets what, who makes what decisions are blurred and lead to legal battles. Does one of the wives who is not the mother of one of the children in the marriage get to make medical decisions for that child is a prime example of why polygamy is illegal.
These are all rational, logical reasons why the slippery slope fallacy is moot. However, judging by your previous posts, intelligent logical debate is not your forte. Debating with a wall has better results.
same sex marriage and polygamy are two separate issues. and comparing them as equal is a fallacy..something you seem to use quite frequently.
as I said marriage is a social contract. Polygamy, besides a host of problems it raises, legal issues is the biggest.
The slippery slope is not a fallacy. It is real. If you were better educated and smarter, you would explain how it is real but inconsequential and not a reason to deny rights. You can change people's opinions for the better much quicker if you don't bullshit them.

I support marriage equality. Do you?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178893 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178894 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
my bad, rhetorical
Elmont sucks! Yuck! Too far from the water. Too Queensy. As in the borough.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178895 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been given answers, he wants a public display of the "slipery slope" argument you so clearly pointed out.
he will not discuss same sex marrage in any way at all, he is 100% focused on poly, and no matter how many times that tactic fails him, he keeps at it.
I think we are looking at a learning disorder
http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/marriage.pdf

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178896 Feb 8, 2013
I don't want 5 wives; I just want to be able to marry one.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178897 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
again are these rhetorical questions, or are you really interested in answers. Please indicate if your questions are genuine or rhetorical
Both dummy.

More discussion, less attacking please.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178898 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The slippery slope is not a fallacy. It is real. If you were better educated and smarter, you would explain how it is real but inconsequential and not a reason to deny rights. You can change people's opinions for the better much quicker if you don't bullshit them.
BINGO!!!!!

The slippery slope argument was his entire point.

And of course he will not acknowledge the opposing forces, the decline of the power of religion, and the growing distrust of religious fundamentalists.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178899 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the slippery slope argument is a false argument. It is like hypothetical questions; what if.....?

Yes, I support marriage equality.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#178900 Feb 8, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Elmont sucks! Yuck! Too far from the water. Too Queensy. As in the borough.
ad hominem

and too friggin cold in the winter which is why I moved to SoCal
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178901 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!!!!!
The slippery slope argument was his entire point.
And of course he will not acknowledge the opposing forces, the decline of the power of religion, and the growing distrust of religious fundamentalists.
Sure I acknowledge the decline in religion. But I think it's both good and bad, in your bigoted mind it's all good.

The slippery slope is real but inconsequntial and no reason to deny rights.

Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178902 Feb 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the slippery slope argument is a false argument. It is like hypothetical questions; what if.....?
I do too.

I believe the slippery slope is real but inconsequential and no reason to deny rights. And I believe it change more minds if you explain this insted of denying it's real.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#178903 Feb 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The next step of his slippery slope argument and marriage equality will have something to do with goats
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178904 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
ad hominem
and too friggin cold in the winter which is why I moved to SoCal
I hear ya! I live in Brooklyn when it's nice there and in the beautiful SF bay area when it's not!

Just talking to my brother there, they're in for a snowstorm! F*** that! I'll go in back in May.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178905 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so if it was a rhetoric question, why did you chastise those who you felt didn't answer it????
C'mon Frankie boy, try and get your story straight.
BTW Why are you filled with so much anger?
I chastised them because they refuse to get on topic and were just trying to attack me, like you are doing now.

Why are you so angry about me attempting to discuss marriage? Is it just the mention of polygamy that angers you so?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178906 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to bring your wife on so we can discuss it with her.
of course you are not actually interested yourself, the slippery slope argument is only made by people trying to influence others to their position.
Want in one hand sh!t in the other, see which one fills up first. Let me know.

If you were better educated and smarter you'd explain how the slippery slope is real but inconsequential and no reason to deny gay marriage like I am trying to do. Instead of tying to bullsh!t us that it is not real or some kind of trick.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178908 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop dicking around and discuss the topic.

You've tried all your best insults, now it's time for your opinions and thoughts on marriage equality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... 20 min Beath 2
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Dec 1 kent 48
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web