Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#178737 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Only if you are dismissive of the unrefuted answers.
2. So defensive (and avoiding the issue...)! The difference is between asking "do you think" (a question) and stating "why do you think" (an assertion). You lied. Like I said, why are these childish word games necessary for a legitimate cause?
3. Of course lots of gays have procreated. That's not what I said and you know it. Another act of deception. I said gay couples.
Not one single gay couple in ALL of human history has ever procreated.
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
A apple tree bearing fruit.
A apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A walnut tree who never bears apples wanting to be a apple tree.
A walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
Even funnier? The fact you think that analogy is apt.
Stupid, you don't have to be able to spawn in order to marry.
Period.
KiMare wrote:
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
4. You make a simpleton blunder by confusing 'blunder' and 'defect' with 'mutation'.
Is your mutation a blunder? A defect? Should you have been aborted?
After all, you don't just say you are a mutation, but a monster mutation.
LOL!

Revenge

Monrovia, CA

#178738 Feb 7, 2013
I'm not going to take this, any more.

Revenge is in the eye of the beholder, and all others start running like chicken's.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#178739 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten years ago there wasn't a reality show about a polygamous family, now there's two.
If you actually gave a damn about polygamy, you'd start a topic about it. But you don't care. You are just against gay marriage, yet can't come up with an argument against it, so you bring up the red herring of polygamy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178740 Feb 7, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is. Marriage is different.
<quoted text>
Why indeed?! You must be confused. Denying the basic human right of marriage to gay couples is the DISCRIMIANTION (duh!) that shouldn't be there.
<quoted text>
"Legitimate right" ...What is an IL-legitimate right by the way?
<quoted text>
Well, not sure quite what to make of this....
<quoted text>
Marriage liscenses are government issued and have nothing to do with religious choice or affiliation. So why does your or my or anyone else's religious thoughts matter even one iota?
You are fading out.

And boring.

Must be humiliating...

Smirk smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178741 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are fading out.
And boring.
Must be humiliating...
Smirk smile.
Yeah, you remember that feeling.
SlapSticks

Monrovia, CA

#178742 Feb 7, 2013
Wasn't there a GPD officer that was arrested and convicted of stealing drugs and money from drug raids? Glendora, Califonria.

David Lloyd Cass, 38, of Glendora, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday on two felony counts of bribery.

These two play out as slapStickers and as I've said you need to keep a close eye on those that hold life and death in their hands.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#178743 Feb 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually gave a damn about polygamy, you'd start a topic about it. But you don't care. You are just against gay marriage, yet can't come up with an argument against it, so you bring up the red herring of polygamy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring
You're a trip...me think thouest protest too much.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#178744 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a trip...me think thouest protest too much.
You don't even know what "protest too much" means.
Gunney

Monrovia, CA

#178745 Feb 7, 2013
The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#178746 Feb 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually gave a damn about polygamy, you'd start a topic about it. But you don't care. You are just against gay marriage, yet can't come up with an argument against it, so you bring up the red herring of polygamy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring
If you actually gave a damn about ",marriage equality", you'd see that others, polygamists, just might want in on that too.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#178747 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually gave a damn about ",marriage equality", you'd see that others, polygamists, just might want in on that too.
Polygamists already have marriage equality.
Next.
GlassEye

Monrovia, CA

#178752 Feb 7, 2013
The glass eye of fate is watching you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#178753 Feb 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamists already have marriage equality.
Next.
Rose

Why not include polygamists/ plural marriage practioners in the marriage equality movement? If the objective is to "expand" who can marry, it makes sense to include plural marriage. What exactly is the issue?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#178754 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose
Why not include polygamists/ plural marriage practioners in the marriage equality movement? If the objective is to "expand" who can marry, it makes sense to include plural marriage. What exactly is the issue?
Polygamists already have marriage equality.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178756 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose
Why not include polygamists/ plural marriage practioners in the marriage equality movement? If the objective is to "expand" who can marry, it makes sense to include plural marriage. What exactly is the issue?
Why not come up with a fresh argument that actually details why SSM should be illegal?

Kimare says SSM is here and there's nothing "y'all" can do about it.

Man up and get on with your lives (so says Kimare).

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178757 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are fading out.
And boring.
Must be humiliating...
Smirk smile.
... I am also correct.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178758 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose
Why not include polygamists/ plural marriage practioners in the marriage equality movement? If the objective is to "expand" who can marry, it makes sense to include plural marriage. What exactly is the issue?
I would like to understand your viewpoint on a couple items. Would you kindly please clarify:
1) Are you in favor of polygamy or against it?
2) Are you in favor of SSM or against it?
Thank you in advance.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178759 Feb 7, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to understand your viewpoint on a couple items. Would you kindly please clarify:
1) Are you in favor of polygamy or against it?
2) Are you in favor of SSM or against it?
Thank you in advance.
I am in favor of same sex marriage and polygamy.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#178760 Feb 7, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO equality in a polygamy marriage. Other than that.....it's a go.
?
Nay Nay

Corona, CA

#178761 Feb 7, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>Government healthcare? What have you got against Medicare?
That I have to pay a penalty if I don't want it, mainly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignment (Cathedral City, Ca. 2 hr Tony 2
Review: Utopia Management Sat MichaelJames20178 2
mexican landscapers dump in the desert (Nov '14) May 22 Sandy 54
Fraud Website against Winderemere Real Estate. ... May 21 Palm Desert Local 3
Mayor Pougnet dodges questions about conflict o... May 21 California Resident 3
Any housekeepers near indio?? May 20 BigJG 1
News Palm Springs Gay and Lesbian Film Festival to o... (Sep '13) May 11 sam 3
More from around the web

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]