Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,777)

Showing posts 155,521 - 155,540 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>So what makes you think that a few same sex marriage states, less than slave states, is an indication that you will get your desire to marry dogs and children. It will never happen. The more rational gays know this, so they commit suicide. You insane gays just stick around long enough to poop on the lawn and leave it messy before you leave.
How hard is it for people like you to understand the concept of two consenting adults?
Habbits

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The behavior described in these files is terribly sad and evil.

There is no excuse, no explaining away what happened to these children.

The priests involved had the duty to be their spiritual fathers and they failed.

And the nuns just keep on coming.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
How hard is it for people like you to understand the concept of two consenting adults?
They get it, but it seriously narrows the argument down for them (so they throw in all of the distractions).

I've watched my Kimare do it for years.
BlowFish

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Big easy

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do. Its current misusage is meant to demonize the anti-gay crowd, and to subjugate it. The current usage of that word is a blatant lie, it is why I take exception to it. I make no pretensions to intellectual ability, I am merely standing up as strongly, for my side, as you are, for yours. Are you expecting any less ? Yes, I have plenty of logical arguments, usually dismissed by your side, as if those arguments mean nothing. We are plagued with propaganda extolling the fact that the majority of Americans support SSM, when, in fact, we do not. I have never met anyone that actually supports it, and I travel the country in a semi, and I ask on the CB radio, I ask people that I deal with, just to see if I am missing anything. I am not. I have even seen a large number of bumper stickers that are being displayed that condemn the notion of SSM. Homosexuality is a behavioral phenomenon, defined as same-gender sexual conduct, and the idea that the institution of marriage is being appropriated by a few libertines, for the financial benefits to be had from the government, cheapens the whole definition and purpose of marriage. It makes a mockery of everything that it has represented, until now. Heterosexual couples and homosexual couples are not equal, but the SSM crowd wishes us to ignore this fact.Unlike homosexuality, heterosexuality is immutable. To define heterosexuality as merely sexual conduct between people of compatible genders is to suppress a fundamental truth about what it means to be human.
All human beings with the exception of hermaphrodites (people with genital deformities) are born with a reproductive system that is heterosexual by nature. We are either male or female. We have sexual feelings only because of chemical and other processes that are rooted in our procreative heterosexual design. Thus, a male sexual orientation toward a female (or vise versa) is self-evidently normal and natural. By contrast, a male-to-male or female-to-female orientation is self-evidently abnormal and unnatural. For homosexuality to be equivalent to heterosexuality, it would need to be rooted in its own homosexual physiology.
In reality, homosexuality is nothing more than same-gender conduct among people who are innately and unchangeably heterosexual. Homosexuality is thus biologically (and to varying degrees morally) equivalent
to pedophilia, sado-masochism, bestiality and many other forms of deviant behavior, or behavior that deviates from the normal design-based function of the human being.
So, yes I have arguments, but they are likely to be dismissed by your crowd...As if a wave of a hand can disqualify the truth.
All strawman no substance.
The Chicago Project

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The Rogers Project wrote:
Yes, who was Jesse William Dirkhising? And what in the world does he have in common with Justin Daniel James or with Cristy Zugey Álvarez?
And Mary Stachowicz.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigfoot, usage gives words their meaning.
Their origins are interesting trivia at the most.
After all, men can become hysterical.
Excellent observation.
LowDown on Athens

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do lions lick their balls?
Because they can.
Why do lions like their backsides?
To get the taste of Christians out of their mouths.
That's dumb because the Christians would be coming out their asses too. So they'd taste them all over again. Duh.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
All strawman no substance.
Has Rose_NoHo impressed you again tonight with a particularly "intelligent and insightful" post? How about the one about lions licking their asses?

Too Funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Bore On wrote:
Was the last poster a:
1.) Out of towner?
2.) A bore on?
3.) Just a out of work idiot?
4.) Out of country poster?
5.) a non US citizen that supports the Repubicans?
6.) Married to a Republican but not a citizen?
7.) out to the cleaners.
8.) Folding tin hats to protect their heads.
9.) Four idiots who are asking who's on top?
Your town sucks.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Off of Broadway, almost in my old backyard...
:D
Got a crazy cousin lives out there. Not far from the VFW. Nice bar there, open to the public, just sign in at the door.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Or three consenting adults?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How cute! Now the little boy mikey is spreading his insecurities of approval and attention onto us! He knows I'm the big bad round here, but he doesn't like it!
Too funny! Arnold liked it too!

http://www.honekut.com/HonEkutCom_Audio/Sound...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Rose_NoHo impressed you again tonight with a particularly "intelligent and insightful" post? How about the one about lions licking their asses?
Too Funny!
Morron doesn't realize that that is all off-topic, and I see that Big D won't mention it to them...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's good for two can only be better for three...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes, of course.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's dumb because the Christians would be coming out their asses too. So they'd taste them all over again. Duh.
Excellent observation. And if a lion wants to lick his Chongo, let him.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why yes, of course.
Good man.
:-D

Got the Ford incident all sorted out ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Later, kids, off to work..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,521 - 155,540 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 43 min Coal is King 7,309
Scary, Saw Russian Soldier in Palm Desert 3 wee... 1 hr Local 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Open Market Canada 15,673
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Sat Jamie 107
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Apr 12 go back to mexico 525
•••

Fire Weather Watch for Riverside County was issued at April 21 at 2:06AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE