Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,181 - 155,200 of 200,335 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you label it arbitrary? You think the number two was picked at random with no reasoning behind it? Out of all the numbers, why pick two? No reason? Seriously???????
INDEFENSIBLE???????? hahahahahahah
OK.... I'm done. You don't have the intellect to discuss this. You are unteachable and incorrigible.
Translation- You lose. Bye!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big D "liar" straw man! It's old. And it's a lie.
Ok point to the post where I said I was against poly marriage and not specifically certain adherents of it.

you either do that... or you were lying

up to you

Other people have already pointed out your dishonesty, so they will get to see this too.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation- You lose. Bye!
Danths's Law ( chuckle )
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok point to the post where I said I was against poly marriage and not specifically certain adherents of it.
you either do that... or you were lying
up to you
Other people have already pointed out your dishonesty, so they will get to see this too.
You rant against polygamy's "adherents" like some crazed fundie does against same sex marriage "adherents".

Calling them child molesters and other ignorant accusations. There are bad people of all stripes jackass. In same sex marriages too.

But I'm not going to go for your "you're a liar!" straw man today Big Dope. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You rant against polygamy's "adherents" like some crazed fundie does against same sex marriage "adherents".
Calling them child molesters and other ignorant accusations. There are bad people of all stripes jackass. In same sex marriages too.
But I'm not going to go for your "you're a liar!" straw man today Big Dope. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
I rant against what they do, or are you saying you are pro-child molestation and welfare fraud?

I never said all adherents, I said many, which is true.
Mocker

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>

How many times do I have to tell you I have NO opinion about poygamy before it sinks in? I didn't care one year ago, I don't care today and I won't care in the future. Pointing out the errors in your reasoning is NOT the same thing as taking a stand against polygamy. I don't care.
Holy crap!! You guys have been having the gay/poly argument for a year? The damn horse is deader than VHS.

Personally, don't really care about polygamy except yeah, some people that practice it are fucked up in the head. The other issue is money. If you were to legalize polygamy you're basically saying employers have to cover all 14 of his wives (whoever "he" is) under his health care plan, right? In that regard it IS different than same sex marriage. I'm sure there are other areas where money would factor in as well.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you label it arbitrary? You think the number two was picked at random with no reasoning behind it? Out of all the numbers, why pick two? No reason? Seriously???????
INDEFENSIBLE???????? hahahahahahah
OK.... I'm done. You don't have the intellect to discuss this. You are unteachable and incorrigible.
Let's run your argument by replacing gender where you use number shall we? Aw hell you do it, you get my drift.

You think gender was picked at random with no reasoning behind it?????????? bla bla bla... You finish it Miss Thing.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Mocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap!! You guys have been having the gay/poly argument for a year? The damn horse is deader than VHS.
Personally, don't really care about polygamy except yeah, some people that practice it are fucked up in the head. The other issue is money. If you were to legalize polygamy you're basically saying employers have to cover all 14 of his wives (whoever "he" is) under his health care plan, right? In that regard it IS different than same sex marriage. I'm sure there are other areas where money would factor in as well.
It is a dead horse.

That second point is used by many of them constantly, they marry several young wives, each on welfare.

It is quite s scheme getting money from the government that way

I donít give a crap about it either, but I certainly donít like the way many adherents of it are using it.
Mocker

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a dead horse.
That second point is used by many of them constantly, they marry several young wives, each on welfare.
I donít give a crap about it either, but I certainly donít like the way many adherents of it are using it.
This is off topic but I had to read about the poly welfare abuse. Apparently because they AREN'T allowed to legally marry, all the other "moms" can obtain welfare by saying they're single parents. That's very screwed up but it actually makes a small argument for legalizing their marriages.

That said, I still see a LOT of other downsides (like the insurance/benefits issue I mentioned previously). Better they should go after the assholes for welfare abuse.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of black or mexican immigrants, child!
Take your hate back to the UK. No room for it here Im still waiing to be struck down by lightning. That u provs tht YOU are the heathen, and Rachet dont listen to you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a dead horse.
Will you maybe listen to a one time disclaimer and then stop your straw man nonsense?

When I talk of legalizing same sex, poly, and incest marriage I am OF COURSE talking about honest, law abiding consenting and committed adults!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure your loved?
My loved what?
Largelanguage wrote:
You love being loved, is that why you say you love men? What a self absorbed women!
You've got serious issues.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Mocker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is off topic but I had to read about the poly welfare abuse. Apparently because they AREN'T allowed to legally marry, all the other "moms" can obtain welfare by saying they're single parents. That's very screwed up but it actually makes a small argument for legalizing their marriages.
That said, I still see a LOT of other downsides (like the insurance/benefits issue I mentioned previously). Better they should go after the assholes for welfare abuse.
Right, go after the criminals, not the polygamists for chrissakes!

Some black people commit welfare fraud...see where I'm going with this?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a dead horse.
You sure don't have anything god to say for something you claim not to give a crap about. And I think it even makes you angry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a dead horse.
The government does not give welfare checks to several wives you flaming bigot! Those women are on welfare anyway, they are not collecting as wives.

What a dumbass!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you seek the love men have for you in order to feel loved?
I think she seeks the high hard one.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't rejected God and ratchet yet. May I ask how old are you sir?
I reject Ratchet 100% witout a doubt, and I will stand outside with a lghtning rod for the next rain storm. Or will it happen just out of the blue? That would be alot more powerfull if you could have it happen when the sky is blue. Either way, let me know, Ill wait.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you seek the love men have for you in order to feel loved?

You've got serious issues.
Get help.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I am beating the crap out of Big D! He is no match! He will feel very wrecked and will emotionally collapse after I finish with him!
Has he called you a liar yet?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I am beating the crap out of Big D! He is no match! He will feel very wrecked and will emotionally collapse after I finish with him!
You couldnít beat the crap out of a tissue bag of crap LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 22 min Randy 7,845
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Remote 15,917
Review: Rich's Painting Wed Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Jul 23 Alice 2
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 23 AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 23 Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••