Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,121 - 155,140 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>I get a good laugh from reading his ridiculous replies.
YUK!YUK!YUK!

That's a real dopey dodge! Try harder.

Why do you feel poly marriage doesn't deserve the same consideration as same sex marriage?

Please don't say "because it's illegal"! That is a ridiculous reply.
The hooders

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

An aide to Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi claims that the Holocaust was a hoax.

This is what you get for letting the muslim brotherhood take control.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít know why we are humoring him on this... it has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject at hand, and the courtís decision will have no effect on this.
I am not complaining at you, I am doing it to... why are we humoring him on this?
I dunno. Please tell us. Is it because you're too stupid to respond intelligently? Yeah. That's it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you that I have no problem with it in principal, but I am very untrusting of some of the most vocal adherents of it.
It through no fault of its own, has a steeper hill to climb than Homosexual marriage in the public eye, because of the activities of the most vocal, and the most fierce adherents of it. The religious overtones of it, and their defiance of our nations laws.
I honestly do not think anything will come of it for the next couple of decades, not because it is inherently wrong, but because of the activities of most adherents of it.
The concept I have no issue with, as long as everything is consensual.
I'm not asking you when you think it will go to court. Or who objects to it.

And I'm not asking you to relate your ignorance and bigotry, it shows in your ignorant bigoted comments about "it's adherents". That does give a good hint about your opinion of it's legalization though.

I am asking you if you support equality for poly MARRIAGE the same as you support equality for SAME SEX MARRIAGE.

It's a simple question. You and Janey Doody have evaded it and dodged it and straw manned it for way too long. Do you believe in equality or not? Spill the beans Big Dope!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno. Please tell us. Is it because you're too stupid to respond intelligently? Yeah. That's it!
How would you know? You have shitty reading comprehension.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm not asking you to relate your ignorance and bigotry, it shows in your ignorant bigoted comments about "it's adherents". That does give a good hint about your opinion of it's legalization though.
I am asking you if you support equality for poly MARRIAGE the same as you support equality for SAME SEX MARRIAGE.
It's a simple question. You and Janey Doody have evaded it and dodged it and straw manned it for way too long. Do you believe in equality or not? Spill the beans Big Dope!
Why are you so intent on hijacking this thread?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Ok.... maybe if I type slowly....
Where in the Constitution is the guarantee of equal rights?
OK then Your Honor, equal protection. The 14th amendment.

What a dope!

So your position is that poly should not be allowed because?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Arbitrary: Based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
Are you really going to sit there and say that the reason polygamy is illegal is arbitrary? Even though the topic was adjudicated by SCOTUS? Maybe you don't like the reason SCOTUS gave, but that hardly makes it arbitrary.
The number requirement is as arbitrary as the gender requirement.

On what grounds do you insist on the traditional, ARBITRARY and discriminatory number of two?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know? You have shitty reading comprehension.
There you go again! Start a reading comprehension thread and get a better straw man. I don't think you'll convince many people that I have poor reading skills.

Maybe break out the arithmetic one and try that again! Poly shouldn't be allowed because 3 is not equal to two!

What a dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
and I gave my response, take an English reading course.

I have no problem with the concept, I have a huge problem with many of the adherents of it.

I dont see any movemnet on this issue for the next couple of decades because of those adherents actions and beliefs, If even then.

I donít think I can get any simpler than that for you, do you want me to have my 9 year old grandchild answer for you in language you will understan?

and I gave my response, take an english reading course
The hooders

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

To be a member of any radical muslim group is to part of a ignoprant group that will bring down those members.

An aide to Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi claims that the Holocaust was a hoax.

The myth of the Holocaust is an industry that America invented.

Once an idiot country, always a idiot country, thats why GOD made sand.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so intent on hijacking this thread?
Asking you provocative questions about the ban on alternate forms of marriage is not "hijacking this thread".
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK then Your Honor, equal protection. The 14th amendment.
What a dope!
So your position is that poly should not be allowed because?
Equal protection, yes.... unless the State can show a legitimate interest in denying it. Do you think simple arithmetic might come into play when talking about equal? How is 3 equal to 2? How is 5 equal to two? How is 3 equal to 5?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and I gave my response, take an English reading course.
I have no problem with the concept, I have a huge problem with many of the adherents of it.
I dont see any movemnet on this issue for the next couple of decades because of those adherents actions and beliefs, If even then.
I donít think I can get any simpler than that for you, do you want me to have my 9 year old grandchild answer for you in language you will understan?
and I gave my response, take an english reading course
Most homophobes have a "huge problem" with the adherents of same sex marriage.

Your "huge problem" with the adherents of polygamy is no better.

You and Janey-Doody really ought to start that reading thread!

What a dope!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking you provocative questions about the ban on alternate forms of marriage is not "hijacking this thread".
This thread is: Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Ok?

The judge did not overturn the ban on polygamy.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again! Start a reading comprehension thread and get a better straw man. I don't think you'll convince many people that I have poor reading skills.
Maybe break out the arithmetic one and try that again! Poly shouldn't be allowed because 3 is not equal to two!
What a dope!
Are you trying to say three is equal to two? Maybe on your planet. Is 5 equal to two? Is 5 equal to three?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Equal protection, yes.... unless the State can show a legitimate interest in denying it. Do you think simple arithmetic might come into play when talking about equal? How is 3 equal to 2? How is 5 equal to two? How is 3 equal to 5?
The arithmetic argument against poly marriage again!(Heard it, remember dummy?).

Priceless!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to convince anybody. It's evident from your posts that you don't understand what you read.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most homophobes have a "huge problem" with the adherents of same sex marriage.
Your "huge problem" with the adherents of polygamy is no better.
You and Janey-Doody really ought to start that reading thread!
What a dope!
Lean to read English.... is English you native language? Maybe I can have what I am saying translated into whatever language is used where you come from.

I donít have a huge problem with poly marriage. I have a problem with other crimes that are nearly always associated with it. And will not tolerate many of the current adherents of it and their cruel molestation and mistreatment of their young, or the fraud they use to gain multiple government assistance checks at our expense.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is: Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
Ok?
The judge did not overturn the ban on polygamy.
He didn't? Oh, nevermind! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Remember Gilda Radner as Emily Litella? You're a real old auntie you've probably seen her.

But seriously, don't you agree that the judge's decision is not bad for the future of legalized polygamy?

Stop with the straw man and ad hominem. Why are you so intent on hijacking this thread for you narrow purposes of cheerleading one form of marriage over another?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 15,932
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr Either Or 4,992
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... 12 hr Dr_Zorderz 16
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Aug 18 Mudflys to 7,901
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 17 Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE