Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
154,481 - 154,500 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
More dopy Mona Lott non-substance. yawn.
Do you think the judge's decision is good or bad for marriage equality for poly?
I donít think it has any effect on it, has nothing to do with it.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
MoDessty

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

B.D. are you back selling toilet products again?
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
More dopy Mona Lott non-substance. yawn.
Do you think the judge's decision is good or bad for marriage equality for poly?
Is this the polygamy thread? No.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What's good for marriage equality is good for polygamy. Polygamy being marriage and all. Funny how that works!

Maybe poly will be legalized but then fail! Then we'd have legal poly but it failed. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's good for marriage equality is good for polygamy. Polygamy being marriage and all. Funny how that works!
Maybe poly will be legalized but then fail! Then we'd have legal poly but it failed. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Whatever you say, Goofy. Say "Hi" to Mickey and Donald for me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever... not the issue at hand.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
Disagreed.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the polygamy thread? No.
It is just the standard bait and switch tactics used by people opposed to something like same sex marriage.

it is meaningless
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say, Goofy. Say "Hi" to Mickey and Donald for me.
Is this the Disney thread? No.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever... not the issue at hand.
No need to whine, we're trying to discuss marriage, if you don't like my message tell me why or just ignore me! Easy!

Do you think polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage?

The answer is not "this is not the issue at hand." It's either yes or no.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just the standard bait and switch tactics used by people opposed to something like same sex marriage.
it is meaningless
I support marriage equality. You and Jane Dodo do not.

So climb down off your high horse for a minute and tell us why.

I am not trying to bait you or switch you or trick you. I am trying to discuss marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagreed.
Of course, you bash everyone for the overturn of prop 8 and defend everyone that is opposed to same sex marriage and then constantly try to equate it to poly marriage which has nothing to do with prop 8 which is a standard tactic of bait and switch that the opponents of same sex marriage use.

You are going to disagree with anyone supporting same sex marriage, regardless of if you claim to be for it or not.

You donít think anyone believes youÖ. do you?
DorN

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

The judge made a wise decision. The vote to ban same sex marriage was discriminatory, and against the constitution.
In my opinion gays marry straights either because they are not fully aware of their sexual orientation or because they want to be able to keep their jobs or avoid being harassed.
Gays married to straights pass on the 'trait for gayness' to their offspring.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to whine, we're trying to discuss marriage, if you don't like my message tell me why or just ignore me! Easy!
Do you think polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage?
I wasnít whining, I was saying it will probably have no effect on it whatsoever. I donít think much about poly marriage and really donít have an opinion on the subject. I honestly donít care as it is not the issue at hand.

That isnít support, that isnít opposition, it is an honest appraisal of an issue that is not going to the supreme court and is not likely to in this decade.
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
if polygamy pass you will see male population dwindle to almost nothing just regular non religious cults.Prime example American.... Why does she get the black car why don't you ask that other wife of
yours to make you meatloaf or by the way here is your little league coach dates oh also we all
have a headache tonight remember it is trash day I want it to pass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you bash everyone for the overturn of prop 8 and defend everyone that is opposed to same sex marriage and then constantly try to equate it to poly marriage which has nothing to do with prop 8 which is a standard tactic of bait and switch that the opponents of same sex marriage use.
You are going to disagree with anyone supporting same sex marriage, regardless of if you claim to be for it or not.
You donít think anyone believes youÖ. do you?
Sure you don't like me, we get it Squeaky, but try and control your outbursts and get on topic.

Do you think polygamy deserves the same respect as same sex marriage?

P.S. I support same sex marriage and poly marriage. I think maybe you do not. So if there's any baiting and switching or trickery, it's yours.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text> if polygamy pass you will see male population dwindle to almost nothing just regular non religious cults.Prime example American.... Why does she get the black car why don't you ask that other wife of
yours to make you meatloaf or by the way here is your little league coach dates oh also we all
have a headache tonight remember it is trash day I want it to pass.
Oh hell yeah, I know! Polygamy is not for me! I can hardly handle one woman.

But some people want it. I don't see why it should be illegal or how it will hurt anyone if made legal.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you don't like me, we get it Squeaky, but try and control your outbursts and get on topic.
Do you think polygamy deserves the same respect as same sex marriage?
P.S. I support same sex marriage and poly marriage. I think maybe you do not. So if there's any baiting and switching or trickery, it's yours.
I didnít say that

I donít care about poly marriage and have put no thought to it, nor an I about to start now as it simply is a non-issue. It wonít be going before the supreme court anytime soon nor will be a part of national debate in the near future.

I donít believe you support same sex marriage or you would not attack those in support and defend those opposed, and use the same tactics they use to attack it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasnít whining, I was saying it will probably have no effect on it whatsoever. I donít think much about poly marriage and really donít have an opinion on the subject. I honestly donít care as it is not the issue at hand.
That isnít support, that isnít opposition, it is an honest appraisal of an issue that is not going to the supreme court and is not likely to in this decade.
You are indifferent to polygamy. Fine. Why all the hostility then? Is it just me? YUK!YUK!YUK!

I don't see any compelling reasons not to allow polygamy. Probably the biggest reason I get against it is paranoid fear that it's a trick to sabotage same sex marriage. You are guilty of this thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 15 min Randy 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 18 min seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 min Pole swap 7,855
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 26 min Hot Juciey Pussie 649
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE