Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,713)

Showing posts 154,241 - 154,260 of200,222
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176833
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do grant you that not all people of religion are the problem, only those that try and legislate their personal beliefs onto others.
Those are the anti-Americans we need to guard against.
I promise to never bring the subject up again, as long as no one else does. You donít mention your religion, your God, your bible or your belief and how they apply to others, and neither will I. But if you are free to being up your religionÖ. So am I
The one exception to that is Mike, I will bring it up every time he brings up another off topic subject... but that is just for fun.
Strange weather we are having today out here on the bay. Leaden sky. It's gonna rain a little.

Woops! Now you have to make an exception and go off topic yet again with the god schtick! Sorry!
Cupcakes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176835
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Same stupid posters from "out of towners" campers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176837
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>In the last 100 years has incest or polygamy marriage ever been legal in the state of Cali?. Is there a federial law,state law that also agrees with the U. S. Constitution that prohibits polgamy?
http://www.religioustolerance.org/polylaw.htm
State laws banning polygamy may be unconstitutional, since they are based primarily on moral grounds. In 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling in Lawrence v. Texas which might have some bearing on polygamy. The case involved two homosexual males who had been convicted of same-sex behavior in private. At the time, this was a criminal act in Texas
Sure! The state of polygamy rights is way behind same sex but on the same path, there's no denying it. And there's no denying legalizing same sex marriage benefits poly rights.

This is good! Full marriage equality for everyone someday for sure!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176838
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the decline in the power of religion in America will be good for polygamy too?
I honestly donít know ÖÖ maybe

because it both takes away the largest opponents , but also takes away the biggest advocate of it. Hard to say, time will tell I suppose.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176839
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange weather we are having today out here on the bay. Leaden sky. It's gonna rain a little.
Woops! Now you have to make an exception and go off topic yet again with the god schtick! Sorry!
LOL IM glad you are going to get off your Off-topic pedestal

I always liked the weather in the bay area, but I suppose I like it cooler than some do.

I lived there for 2 years ( military ) in my youth, but I do find a reason to go there once a year or so.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176840
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
You pray to a flea bitten video game cat, and call me a dimwit?!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL........ ..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
I pray to no one else but God! Why does he look flea bitten? What about him looks flea bitten? Get that through your simple naive little head, SATANS DANCERS!!!!! SAAATTTTOOONN MUSTTT HAVVE FEELLL INNN LOOOVEEE WIIITTTTH YOOOUUU GGGOOOD GOOODD HOOOOOOOOOWWWWW?!??!?!W
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176841
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Cupcakes wrote:
Same stupid posters from "out of towners" campers.
Your town sucks.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176842
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray to no one else but God! Why does he look flea bitten? What about him looks flea bitten? Get that through your simple naive little head, SATANS DANCERS!!!!! SAAATTTTOOONN MUSTTT HAVVE FEELLL INNN LOOOVEEE WIIITTTTH YOOOUUU GGGOOOD GOOODD HOOOOOOOOOWWWWW?!??!?!W
Rachet and that little robot dude have a real BROMANCE goin on there dont you think? He looks flea bitten because he is so skinny, maby he has the mange or scurvey or somthing. Just callin it as I see it buddy.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176843
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure! The state of polygamy rights is way behind same sex but on the same path, there's no denying it. And there's no denying legalizing same sex marriage benefits poly rights.
This is good! Full marriage equality for everyone someday for sure!
Good for you, now move on

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176844
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray to no one else but God! Why does he look flea bitten? What about him looks flea bitten? Get that through your simple naive little head, SATANS DANCERS!!!!! SAAATTTTOOONN MUSTTT HAVVE FEELLL INNN LOOOVEEE WIIITTTTH YOOOUUU GGGOOOD GOOODD HOOOOOOOOOWWWWW?!??!?!W
Which god, there must be over a thousand of them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176845
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you, now move on
No.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176846
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Which god, there must be over a thousand of them.
Whichever one you hate most Fruitloops! We know which that one is! Jesus. Right?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176847
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL IM glad you are going to get off your Off-topic pedestal
I always liked the weather in the bay area, but I suppose I like it cooler than some do.
I lived there for 2 years ( military ) in my youth, but I do find a reason to go there once a year or so.
Off topic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176848
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly donít know ÖÖ maybe
because it both takes away the largest opponents , but also takes away the biggest advocate of it. Hard to say, time will tell I suppose.
What's good for marriage equality is good for polygamy and incest marriage.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176849
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Rachet and that little robot dude have a real BROMANCE goin on there dont you think? He looks flea bitten because he is so skinny, maby he has the mange or scurvey or somthing. Just callin it as I see it buddy.
No, they don't have any relationship, they are friends.

Anyway, I wouldn't define it as skinny anyway, slim, not skinny isn't it? What does being flea bitten have anything to do with this?

You think fleas carry diseases - YOU BIG JOKE GO TO HELL AND ROT THERE!

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176850
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure! The state of polygamy rights is way behind same sex but on the same path, there's no denying it. And there's no denying legalizing same sex marriage benefits poly rights.
This is good! Full marriage equality for everyone someday for sure!
Most people can't count?

1=1=2

See. Not that hard.

But seriously, most polygamists seem to be straight deeply religious folks, so I think that the fact that straight couples can marry with impunity right now is the biggest boost to the legality of marrying multiples.

You don't hear many gay folks wanting to marry many at a time. Seems to be a religious fundamentalist heterosexual thing.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176851
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's good for marriage equality is good for polygamy and incest marriage.
Only the anti-gay crowd is calling for polygamy and marrying close relatives. They seem to have a fascination with it.

Fortunately, their numbers are dwindling.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176852
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's good for marriage equality is good for polygamy and incest marriage.
donít think you are looking at the entire picture, but you could be right. I donít claim to know.

Again the largest number of opponents and advocates are both in decline, I donít think it will come up as an actual issue myself, it might, but I would not bet on it.( I am a cautious gambler )

You can bet on same sex marriage becoming legal in more states, that is an easy bet.
I
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176853
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Which god, there must be over a thousand of them.
Billions... historically

There are some religions that claim each individual family has their own God
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176854
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people can't count?
1=1=2
See. Not that hard.
But seriously, most polygamists seem to be straight deeply religious folks, so I think that the fact that straight couples can marry with impunity right now is the biggest boost to the legality of marrying multiples.
You don't hear many gay folks wanting to marry many at a time. Seems to be a religious fundamentalist heterosexual thing.
Most people can tell the difference between a man and a woman too Fruitcake.

Women are innies and men are outies! See. Not that hard.

But seriously there are gay polygamists. And being few in number is not a reason to deny equal rights is it?

Some polygamists are religious fundamentalists, again not a reason to deny them rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 154,241 - 154,260 of200,222
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 15 min Sins of the Father 4,855
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 1 hr The right is wrong 2,225
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr RiccardoFire 7,816
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 6 Tammie Casas Is Fat 625
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••