Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
154,161 - 154,180 of 200,369 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a man stupid. And that is not proof, lol.
No just a stupid man. Your postings are proof.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And it didn't stop Clinton from being impeached!
Take it to the impeachment threads or stop whining that religion is off topic here because it isn't, you just say it is to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Point... Set and Match.... again
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Black momma wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious sticking it to white people look on all your money white white white at the media white white white look at the majority of land owners
white white white it's pretty bad if America says hey after Bush let's vote for this n...ga anything has to better than what we had how could you just mess up everything Land Air Economy and his excuse I had the wrong advisors WOW my bag sorry let me put the U.S on lay-away or better yet a yard sell hey China you want your money file a Unlawful Detainer take me jail throw away jail lock me up I am not afraid o f getting f.... Mr President stop that is the wrong speech
Blahahaha ... WTF are you on drugs or are you just stupid ?
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Same Sex marriage already exists in several states, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Maine, Maryland, Washington and the district of Colombia and California soon to follow, and the number is growing, also true with other nations, Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, and is some parts of Brazil and that number is growing with legislation pending in Uruguay, France, Colombia, England, Finland, Luxembourg, New Zealand and Taiwan along with some jurisdictions in Australia, Mexico
You are on the wrong side of history, your hate will never be able to defeat what is right.It didnít stop the slave from being freed, it didnít stop women from getting the vote, it wont stop us now.
But you will still be labeled a second class citizen by many, espcially the Federal government. Your cult is crashing down on the rights of normal Americans. You have no pride in yourselves when having to force society to accecpt your twisted lifestyle.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it to the impeachment threads or stop whining that religion is off topic here because it isn't, you just say it is to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Point... Set and Match.... again
So religion is on topic in a marriage thread because you say so?

And marriage is off topic in a marriage thread because you say so?

See how you are?

Stupid, arrogant and blatantly dishonest.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
So if he was abused, or confused, that is a free ticket to go ahead and rape sombody? People like you are very dangerous to have walking around without supervision. No matter what age they are, they need to be punished fully. You make me sick. You clearly have never talked to anyone who has had that happen to them to be spewing out such idiotic, uninformed hor$e$hit. Rape is rape no matter what age. There is a special place reserved in hell for fu@%holes like you.
Its not a free ticket, what he is doing is wrong, but he is not fully responsible for his actions, he is a child. You don't put fire out with a fire, and punishing him would certainly not be using water to put it out. Rape is rape no matter what age, but for an older person, they should deal with it better, and will have a significantly less tragic effect than a young child being raped. So go fuck off!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So religion is on topic in a marriage thread because you say so?
And marriage is off topic in a marriage thread because you say so?
See how you are?
Stupid, arrogant and blatantly dishonest.
I will be laughing all day, I respond to yet another post of your harping on your impeachment obsession in a forum about same sex marriage, but I respond about the decline of religion ( and we all know who the opponents of same sex marriage are ) and you tell me to stay on topic.

Too funny, you have to try harder, I am wiping the floor with you before I have had my first cup of coffee. You cannot possibly argue that your impeachment fetish has anything to do with Same Sex marriage, so you are backpedaling into Poly marriage, anything but address your own issues.

come on... think just a moment before you post, you are making it way too easy for me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be laughing all day, I respond to yet another post of your harping on your impeachment obsession in a forum about same sex marriage, but I respond about the decline of religion ( and we all know who the opponents of same sex marriage are ) and you tell me to stay on topic.
Too funny, you have to try harder, I am wiping the floor with you before I have had my first cup of coffee. You cannot possibly argue that your impeachment fetish has anything to do with Same Sex marriage, so you are backpedaling into Poly marriage, anything but address your own issues.
come on... think just a moment before you post, you are making it way too easy for me.
Danth's Law. You lose.

Group marriage is perfectly on topic in a thread about marriage equality.

The overturning of prop 8 boding well for polygamy is perfectly on topic in a thread about the overturning of prop 8.

You just say it's off topic to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. Because you are dishonest. And a hypocrite.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a free ticket, what he is doing is wrong, but he is not fully responsible for his actions, he is a child. You don't put fire out with a fire, and punishing him would certainly not be using water to put it out. Rape is rape no matter what age, but for an older person, they should deal with it better, and will have a significantly less tragic effect than a young child being raped. So go fuck off!
If your wife, or grown daughter were raped you would tell them to deal with it? Go fu@k yourself you ignorant pinhead. Less significant effect? The best part of you leaked down your mommas leg.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law. You lose.
Group marriage is perfectly on topic in a thread about marriage equality.
The overturning of prop 8 boding well for polygamy is perfectly on topic in a thread about the overturning of prop 8.
You just say it's off topic to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. Because you are dishonest. And a hypocrite.
The future does indeed look bleak for Santa-Jesus followers, more and more people are turning away from hate, turning their backs on the foundations of hate in this country.

The fastest rising -percentage of Americans are atheists, and justice beyond what is taught in an outdated religion is coming at last. All Americans being treated as equal, in spite of the tremendous efforts of the Santa-Jesus freaks.

( I already won when you told me to stay on topic after responding to a post of yours on your impeachment obsession, you will have to try again tomorrow, you already lost this day before the sun came up )
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
If your wife, or grown daughter were raped you would tell them to deal with it? Go fu@k yourself you ignorant pinhead. Less significant effect? The best part of you leaked down your mommas leg.
I would expect my wife to deal with it, but I wouldn't enforce it on her. However, the point was that it would be less tragic an adult getting raped than a child.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I would expect my wife to deal with it, but I wouldn't enforce it on her. However, the point was that it would be less tragic an adult getting raped than a child.
Wow you are a great husband.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, my wife is not my property, she is my partner, my very best friend and confidant, there is no question of enforcing anything on anyone ever. She is my equal partner in our marriage and our life.

Rape is tragic, regardless of the age of the victim

But you want to split hairs and decide for others how tragic it is on some mental tragic meter?

We did right kicking you immoral people out of our childrenís schools.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're always mad then! Thought it was just me! That's good.
So. I can only ASSUME you are against polygamy by your hostile ad hominem non-answers since you refuse to tell us.
I won't bother asking anything on topic now, I get the hint. You won't ANSWER anyway.
When have you ever been on topic?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, my wife is not my property, she is my partner, my very best friend and confidant, there is no question of enforcing anything on anyone ever. She is my equal partner in our marriage and our life.
Rape is tragic, regardless of the age of the victim
But you want to split hairs and decide for others how tragic it is on some mental tragic meter?
We did right kicking you immoral people out of our childrenís schools.
I never said I would enforce her to deal with it by herself. I would always help her, stupid! Rape is tragic, but not equivalent to destroying someones life if it is only an adult being raped.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I would enforce her to deal with it by herself. I would always help her, stupid! Rape is tragic, but not equivalent to destroying someones life if it is only an adult being raped.
Only an adult getting raped? Did God send you that message on the special red phone.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an adult getting raped? Did God send you that message on the special red phone.
Only an adult...
JB linkos

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Pig face (orange aid) John Boehner stepped over the line during a lunchen by touching Mrs. Obama not once but three times.

The stupid female who married Boenhner must be a real tramp.

Idiot John B., apparently asked President Barack Obama if he had a cigarette before the luncheon.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an adult...
I pity you.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity you.
Why are you called rush? Are you rushing in emotions and repressing others to try to feel better about who you are? A feel good emotion?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 17 hr Tounge inside Pussie Hole 655
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Thu Randy 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at August 01 at 10:00PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••